Print Thread
#1866313 06/03/21 07:28 AM
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Well since my daughter and me will both be totally vaccinated shortly and concerts starting back up, we are going to go to a couple:

Saturday October 30th - Express Live
In This Moment
Ded
Black Veil Brides

Saturday Nov 27th - Newport
Atreyu
Tetrarch
Crown the Empire
Saul
Defying Decay

Pretty excited, we are avid concert goers and have really missed them. There is one 3 miles from my house Saturday night, but wife said no cause daughter only has the first pfizer shot so far. Any Given Sin is a small band, oh well we will catch them sometime.

Frenchy #1866331 06/03/21 08:44 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I guess Vegas is going to throw Life is Beautiful this fall. We’re still under contract with them… sort of… we were contracted to have our art at three LiB festivals. Ending after the 2020 event. Since 2020 didn’t happen?… but our art is still downtown Vegas. We’re not sure if they’ll want us to move it or not like in years past. Technically it’s 2021… so if they want it moved we’re going to charge them.
That said the lineup is, like most years, not my genre. Green Day is really the only band I’d care to see. There’s a few DJs mixed in that’d interest me too. But generally… meh.

Here’s a glimpse at the line up… Billie Eilish, Green Day, and Tame Impala headline, and Modest Mouse, A$AP Rocky, Brittany Howard, Ludacris, EarthGang, Death from Above 1979, Haim, J.I.D., Purity Ring, Young Thug, Glass Animals, St. Vincent, 6lack, Yaeji, Jamila Woods, White Reaper …

I hope 2022 brings back the festivals I really love to work.

[Linked Image]
Frenchy #1866335 06/03/21 08:50 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am glad you and your daughter have common interests. Do it while you can. Soon enough your daughter will blow you off and only want to see you when she needs money. The good news is that phase only lasts about 4-5 years or so.

As for the bands, I don't know anything about them, but if the names were like a book title, I doubt I would read the book.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Frenchy #1866356 06/03/21 10:07 AM
Legend
Legend
If I could travel, I'd go see Night Ranger in Cleveland this fall, (Sept 8, at Nautica) but I don't see that happening without a miracle for my back.

Man, these guys are pushing hard against 70, (the original 3 members) and they are releasing a new album in August. New single is pretty good too.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Frenchy #1866362 06/03/21 10:21 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Friday August 20th. Blackberry Smoke. Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Frenchy #1866383 06/03/21 12:29 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
We saw Keller Williams at Woodlands Tavern in Columbus on 4/24, socially distanced outdoor show. Only about 50 people at it, was kinda odd, but nice to see some live music!

For the rest of this year, we've got:
7/21-7/25 - Floydfest, probably our favorite show/festival all year. Kinda a bluegrass/jam band show in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Floyd VA. https://floydfest.com/ - Billy Strings is playing there on Thursday, super excited to see him live. If you are into that kind of music I HIGHLY recommend this festival.
9/11 - Dead and Company in Cincy
9/19 - NIN and Pixies in Cleveland
9/20 - Primus in Columbus
11/13 - Wish You Were Here in Columbus (excellent Pink Floyd cover band out of Cleveland)
11/19 - Widespread Panic in Chicago

We were supposed to see Rage Against The Machine in Cleveland but they postponed until 2022. Still got the tickets for that, just a bit longer of a wait.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
We saw Keller Williams at Woodlands Tavern in Columbus on 4/24, socially distanced outdoor show. Only about 50 people at it, was kinda odd, but nice to see some live music!

For the rest of this year, we've got:
7/21-7/25 - Floydfest, probably our favorite show/festival all year. Kinda a bluegrass/jam band show in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Floyd VA. https://floydfest.com/ - Billy Strings is playing there on Thursday, super excited to see him live. If you are into that kind of music I HIGHLY recommend this festival.
9/11 - Dead and Company in Cincy
9/19 - NIN and Pixies in Cleveland
9/20 - Primus in Columbus
11/13 - Wish You Were Here in Columbus (excellent Pink Floyd cover band out of Cleveland)
11/19 - Widespread Panic in Chicago

We were supposed to see Rage Against The Machine in Cleveland but they postponed until 2022. Still got the tickets for that, just a bit longer of a wait.

Ho-Lee CRAP! I had no idea -- see you there!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I love Keller shows. He’s so multi talented. I got to meet him a few years back at a production after party for a String Cheese Incident festival. Really nice guy. Super short. I’m 6’2”… he was maybe up to my mid chest in height.

My family in Ohio usually goes to Floydfest. They love it.

I’ve not seen a post Grateful Dead ‘Dead’ show since the original Other Ones lineup. That was a great lineup and it on some level gave me closure on seeing them, the Grateful Dead, live ever again. Without Jerry it just doesn’t fill the hole anymore. That said I’m glad the music lives on for others to find joy. Another generation of Heads will rise from it.

Man I chased Widespread hard from ‘95-2001. Saw some incredible shows all over the Midwest and east coast. The shows from 97-99 were just straight fire. They were so tight and were just crushing it on stage. I got to see most of the shows recorded for Another Joyous Occasion. Panic with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band… dear God the power. I moved west in 2001. Got to see Trey step onstage with the boys in Seattle and blow the doors off the room. …sadly Mikey died in 2002. I saw a few George shows. He had a good tone and fit well in their more country styled stuff but just didn’t have the chops to keep up in the deeper heavier grooves. Then came Jimmy and his Les Paul. I loved Jimmy with all his other acts from ARU on… but I can’t do it with Panic. He’s just changed the sound of the band so much I no longer relate to it musically. Mikey had a slow hand and let the music breathe. The lingering lead. He also had the ability, as a lead guitarist, to slide between the rhythm section and hide himself in the pocket so well you’d have to listen for him. It’d all become one. Yet he was the swarm of bees that moved the whole thing. Jimmy on the other hand is a man of many notes. He has his own tone and intonation. He IS the lead. No need to listen for it. It’s there. It’s just not Panic for me anymore. It’s heartbreaking on some level. Mikey died too damn young. They’d be calling down thunder now with him still alive. Screw cancer.
Again, I’m happy the boys have carried on for others to enjoy. There’s a bunch of new Spreadnecks out there that weren’t even alive when Mikey was, so the music lives on. For that I’m glad.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just looked at the Floydfest line up. Nice.
Make sure to catch Goose. They’re really good. Slick, funky jams. Strong vocals for a ‘jamband’.

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1866523 06/04/21 07:25 AM
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am glad you and your daughter have common interests. Do it while you can. Soon enough your daughter will blow you off and only want to see you when she needs money. The good news is that phase only lasts about 4-5 years or so.

As for the bands, I don't know anything about them, but if the names were like a book title, I doubt I would read the book.

She will be 16 next month, we have been inseparable for almost 9 years now. We do everything together. We both love and play video games together, her upstairs, me downstairs. We listen to the same music, been to over 20 concerts together. We talk about everything, no secrets or hiding real life stuff from each other, been like that since she could talk. I know it will maybe change one day, but maybe I’ll be lucky and it won’t.

Frenchy #1866608 06/04/21 05:23 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
We had a great venue for concerts but it closed because of Covid. They brought in a lot of great bands. Now, it is a little think. As of now I wouldn't mind seeing Robin Trower, Bella Fleck, and Post Modern Jukebox.

After that, not many who float my boat. Just a few I have already seen a time or two and some who I have no interest to see.

I plan on all of the Browns games with my wife. She is now retired so we can stay as long as we like. I'll be checking the Cleveland scene for concerts and plays at playhouse square.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Frenchy #1866671 06/05/21 12:09 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If your into Country music this is less than 3 miles from me. Country Concert

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Frenchy #1866952 06/08/21 04:45 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
So far, have tickets for . . .

Aug. 29th - Columbus - Wonderbus Festival Day 2. Only going to see Black Pumas, St. Paul & the Broken Bones, and Wilco.

Sep. 20th - Columbus - Primus with Wolfmother & The Sword.

Dec. 12th - Columbus - All Them Witches.

Dec. 29th - Cleveland - Clutch with Stöner & The Native Howl.

Was hoping to wait one pay period to get tix for Guns N Roses in Columbus in September but it sold out, apparently.

Frenchy #1867233 06/10/21 01:55 PM
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I've got Inkcarceration in September and Gojira/Knocked Loose/Alien Weaponry in October.

Still have tickets to Rammstein and Roger Waters from 2020 that have now been postponed until 2022.

Looking forward to adding some more as they catch my eye. There's some REALLY good rock festivals out there this year. I'm just going to Ink because it's close.

#gmstrong
Frenchy #1867249 06/10/21 08:06 PM
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Buying tickets tomorrow to see Avatar in Cleveland at the House of Blues. We saw them play a short set at Sonic Temple two years ago, now we get to see them headline a show, cant wait.

Now hopefully Motionless in White and I Prevail announce tours soon!

Frenchy #1867277 06/11/21 10:39 AM
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Nice. I enjoyed their set at ST as well. I'll look into tickets.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule
I've got Inkcarceration in September

I didn't realize they'd announced the lineup yet. Just checked it out.

I went the first year, only because Clutch was there. Have you been yet?

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

No, I've never been to Ink. I've got to ROTR/Sonic Temple several times. With no Sonic Temple this year I decided to go to Ink.

I like Louder Than Life's lineup much better but wanted to stick closer to home this year.

#gmstrong
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Nice. I enjoyed their set at ST as well. I'll look into tickets.

If you get tickets lets grab a beer and BS some.

Frenchy #1867347 06/12/21 07:49 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Not exactly concerts, but we like Broadway shows. This years lineup looks pretty solid. I will renew our tickets next week.

The lineup includes:

Waitress
Summer...about Donna Summer
Jersey Boys
Rent
Hairspray
Anastasia

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

No, I've never been to Ink. I've got to ROTR/Sonic Temple several times. With no Sonic Temple this year I decided to go to Ink.

I like Louder Than Life's lineup much better but wanted to stick closer to home this year.

Completely forgot I asked you this. LOL

The first Inkarceration was very fun but also much smaller than it is now. The crowd was allowed to roam freely along a roped off path throughout the old Pen, which was a magnificent way to beat the heat. You could also do so by signing up to get a tattoo.

Hoping it's still like that now. There are so many more acts on the bill now. Should be tons more people.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... 2021 Concerts

Link Copied to Clipboard