Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You are implying a lot.

How do you know what the take was by "all" the players? Some came do his defense as a good teammate.
Players including Jarvis and Keenum came to Bakers defense.

Like I said. I don't know. Baker is praised? He has taken more heat than just about any player.

Did Baker answer after being trashed by Odell's father? He said he had conversations with him before and frankly he was disappointed.

Berry made the call. He released Odell.

I have no idea how the players would vote or even if they would.
I was not in the locker room.

I for sure have heard Myles, Bitonio, Chubb, and others support Baker.

I will leave it at this. Odell did not work out in Cleveland. I don't know if anyone is to blame. It does not matter anymore. He was released.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
The fact that OBJ admits he has never reached out to Baker since the debacle - speaks absolute volumes to his lack of character and manhood.

Would you say the same thing about Mayfield since it appears he hasn't reached out to OBJ either? Or do you have a double standard that expects more from one of them than the other? It was OBJ who was cut and sent packing. Not the other way around. I think this is a perfect example of the double standard Swish was pointing out.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It was OBJ who was cut and sent packing.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
Did Baker answer after being trashed by Odell's father? He said he had conversations with him before and frankly he was disappointed.

Is that what we call factual video evidence provided that shows OBJ being open so much and not being targeted? You call that "trashing Baker"?

Let's be honest here for just a minute. This fan base had been trashing OBJ for a very long time. We are both fathers. Are you telling me that if you had evidence your child was being falsely accused of something that wasn't their fault, are you telling me you wouldn't stand up and defend your child? I mean really? Orange colored Browns fan glasses seem to often time color the lopsided opinions we see here. No decent parent would not come to the defense of their child if they felt their child was falsely blamed of something that could severely damage their career. I know I would and I believe if you thouight about it from the perspective of a parent instead of a Browns fan you would too.

And no, my child wouldn't have to put me up to it or be some behind the scenes plan between me and my child.

And still we hear it even after OBJ is gone. After it being proven that OBJ was open a lot, even after it being shown that we had the second most open WR's in the NFL on pass plays, we keep hearing how OBJ couldn't cut it as the #1 WR. Evidence and proof seem to mean nothing here.

Look Baker was injured and I understand a lot of the issues on O this year were because of that. In 2019 OBJ did pretty well here with over 1000 yards receiving. In 2020 he was plagued by injuries and only started 7 games because of it. This year Baker was injured and none of our WR's were productive. As a result fans found a fall guy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Browns did cut OBJ. Sorry facts aren't convenient for you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
The fact that OBJ admits he has never reached out to Baker since the debacle - speaks absolute volumes to his lack of character and manhood.

Would you say the same thing about Mayfield since it appears he hasn't reached out to OBJ either? Or do you have a double standard that expects more from one of them than the other? It was OBJ who was cut and sent packing. Not the other way around. I think this is a perfect example of the double standard Swish was pointing out.

The reason your post was laughed at by Mike Tyson ... you frame this post like OBJ was wronged and done an injustice. If your going to play these moronic games I'll stop replying to you. Everything about this post is so flat wrong. Baker was the one made to look bad in what OBJ and his father did. OBJ orchestrated his release from the Browns - he was not "Sent Packing" .... Baker stood in a press conference and said he didn't wish ill on OBJ but he'd appreciate a conversation. So damn right I don't expect Baker to have to reach out. It's on OBJ to do that.

If you can't see that, or you want to invent some alternative narrative - any football take you make it totally dead to me.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M

The very definition of gaslighting. Pffft.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you explain anything OBJ did or said to diss Baker? Can you name one reason why it was OBJ who owed Baker a phone call? If Baker would have appreciated a conversation, why didn't he simply call him? No, instead he stood in a press conference it made it sound like OBJ owed him some kind of explanation for something his father forwarded that he saw on Twitter. And then you talk about OBJ's character and manhood? Baker sounded like a snowflake to me.

According to many on this board OBJ never wanted to be here. So now you blame him for "orchestrating his departure" in year three? You keep claiming it was "OBJ and his father" when there isn't a shread of evidence that OBJ had a thing to do with it. Like I said, if an entire fan base was giving my kid $#!+ when he was getting open all the time, I'd defend him too. And I wouldn't need his influence to do it. You're writing checks your ass can't cash.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Did or did not the Browns cut OBJ? In fact they did and you accuse me of doing the gaslighting? It's not my fault you want to rewrite things as you see fit. Would you like for me to give you several sources that document that? No, you would rather act like that's not what happened. Once again, facts aren't convenient for you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
all we do is speculate and imply on this board. thats all we CAN do as fans.

im not understanding how this is somehow a legitimate critique when every message board in existence operates based on that principle.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
OBJ sucked here. He is a has-been. He's not on the team. Never liked him, and I can't stand his ass now. And get real irritated at people talking him up. He's a punk.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
OBJ sucked here. He is a has-been. He's not on the team. Never liked him, and I can't stand his ass now. And get real irritated at people talking him up. He's a punk.

thats fine. i wish he was still on the team. him and jarvis was the best duo Baker will ever have at his disposal. so i like to imagine a scenario where we actually had a QB who could take advantage of having such weapons.

oh well, like most things with our favorite team, we can only imagine.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We are dealing in a adult world not children.

I stated clearly that this stuff was personal. And we as fans only hear from the media about what he said and what the other said.

Berry made the decision. All can speculate why.

I also said Odell may be the villain or may not be. I don't know. I was not in the locker room.

Once he was released that is when I stopped caring.

When we got him. I wanted him to be great.

I care about the team. The players come and go. All I want is for the Cleveland Browns to win the Championship. Nothing else matters to me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I pretty much agree with everything you just said except for one. When you think your children are being treated unfairly you will defend them no matter how old they are. There's no age limit to parenthood.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Did or did not the Browns cut OBJ? In fact they did and you accuse me of doing the gaslighting? It's not my fault you want to rewrite things as you see fit. Would you like for me to give you several sources that document that? No, you would rather act like that's not what happened. Once again, facts aren't convenient for you.
No o e said OBJ wasn't cut. That's just you gaslighting and debating like a 6 year old. I spelled that out but like always you ignore it when your post is demonstrated to be flat wrong. Let's see where you move the goal posts to now....

P
Legend
Legend
P
So I said he was cut, you agree he was cut, but I'm wrong? Well alrighty then!

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I would never have done what Odell's father did.

It was a bad look for all involved. It reflected poorly on Odell, the team and Baker.

Those were his feelings unless it was cooked with Odell.

If any of my grown kids had issues at their jobs. I could only offer consul as to what I would do.

I would not try to interject myself unless it were a legal issue.

M
Legend
Legend
M
So I said he was cut, you agree he was cut, but I'm wrong? Well alrighty then!
Show me where anyone said he wasn't cut. Show me where someone said you were wrong. Oh. That's right. No one said those things.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So it was the fact I said he was "shipped out of town"? Is that it? Because it's a simple matter of cause and effect. When you're cut, you pack and leave town to play in a new destination. That seems to be what set you off according to your comments.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Your the triggered one trying to make out the onus is on Baker to reach out to OBJ. You can't help yourself. You're literally like a 6 year old.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Yet we see who it is that has decided to resort to childish insults. You're the one who got triggered here and decided to make an issue out of my post. It's posted for everyone to see. I didn't start this back and forth. But nice try.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You've made it sound like the Browns just cut him of their on volition. You've stood by that.

Truth is, he didn't want to be here, and it showed. Truth is he asked to be traded. Several times. The Browns granted him his wish.

And then suddenly his injury wasn't an issue in L.A. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...am-jr-asked-to-be-traded-multiple-times/

Last edited by archbolddawg; 02/13/22 02:36 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Of course he asked to be traded. Players do that all the time. There was zero chemistry building between he and Baker. It was greatly hurting his value and his future earnings. That's not some conspiracy or plot against the Browns. Yet that doesn't change the fact it was the Browns who made the decision to cut him. Everyone can dance around the why's of how they arrived at that decision but it was their decision to make. Saying the browns cut OBJ is a fact that can not be denied.

In fact, the team leader in TD's among all WR's was DPJ with 3. Baker's injury made sure that all the WR's looked like hot garbage this year, not just OBJ.

His injury? What an odd thing to say. He played the last six games in a row with the Browns before leaving to L.A.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yet again with the spin? The goalposts changing???

YOU said the Browns cut him, which they did. You ignore the WHY of it. All because you have this incessant need to be "right".

If a guy asks to be traded 2-3 times, and plays like he doesn't want to be where he is, you do him the favor of what he asked. Pretty damn simple, isn't it? Oh, not for you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you're trying to say teams trade or cut every player who doesn't want to be there? I'm not changing anything. The Browns cut OBJ. You're the one trying to make it sound like they had no choice. They're the ONLY one who had a choice. That's not spin. That's a fact. Trying to frame it a certain way is what spin is. Unless you are saying the Browns didn't cut OBJ, saying the Browns cut OBJ is 100% factual no matter how you spin it.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You are impossible. You get a thought in your head, and you run with it until you change.

OBJ didn't want to be here. Period. He played like it here. Period. He got what he wanted. Period. YOU say the Browns cut him loose and act as if he didn't demand it.

As other's have said: Pitiful

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then explain to me what part of this is "moving the goal posts" or "spin".

Of course he asked to be traded. Players do that all the time. There was zero chemistry building between he and Baker. It was greatly hurting his value and his future earnings. That's not some conspiracy or plot against the Browns. Yet that doesn't change the fact it was the Browns who made the decision to cut him. Everyone can dance around the why's of how they arrived at that decision but it was their decision to make. Saying the browns cut OBJ is a fact that can not be denied.

I actually agreed with you that he wanted to be traded. Oh the shame! Are you saying a chemistry was developed between he and Baker? Are you saying it didn't hurt his value or that his value hasn't increased since he left? Are you saying it wasn't the Browns decision to cut him?

In fact, the team leader in TD's among all WR's was DPJ with 3. Baker's injury made sure that all the WR's looked like hot garbage this year, not just OBJ.

What part of this is spin or moving the goal posts? Are you trying to say our WR's produced well this season? Are you saying Baker's injury didn't have a huge impact in that?

His injury? What an odd thing to say. He played the last six games in a row with the Browns before leaving to L.A.

This again is 100% factual.

Kyler Murray ‘frustrated’ with Arizona Cardinals, seen as ‘self-centered and immature’

https://sportsnaut.com/kyler-murray-self-centered-immature/

The Cardinals better hurry up and either trade of cut Kyler Murray. I mean they have no choice, right?

Once again you're letting your emotions get the best of you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

Yet we see who it is that has decided to resort to childish insults. You're the one who got triggered here and decided to make an issue out of my post. It's posted for everyone to see. I didn't start this back and forth. But nice try.

Nope. You pulled your pants down and showed the world your ass on this. You wrote a post claiming Baker had as much onus to reach out to OBJ as the other way round. You tried to phrase this like OBJ was run out of town.

That's you in a nut shell. You write the preposterous. Get out of here with your fake BS childish Schtick.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
Legend
Legend
LOL.

Now we're going to compare Kyler Murray to OBJ???

No. They don't have to trade him and certainly won't cut him... but at least there are options since HE has value.

A diva WR who's been crying for two years, doesn't want to play with the team, tells other players not to join the team, has nagging injuries (besides the annual major injuries), forgets how to catch footballs -- and gets so fed up with his unfair, sad story that he has HIS DADDY call out his QB on social media -- little to no value.

You cut that cancer as fast as you can... because at that point, you WANT to, not because you have to.

Wow.

Last edited by FATE; 02/13/22 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: jfanent, EveDawg, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Another comment on this thread somewhere was how 'Daddy' was acting to protect his child - and that as parents we would always interfere to help our kids.

I couldn't disagree more. When your kid is an adult. With a career. Co-workers, peers, seniors above them .... in what world does any parent actually think that (allegedly) going behind their kids back to publicly humiliate the team/company/colleagues and producing a social media hit piece to "protect their kid" would be anything except a monumental embarrassment to the kid. I mean that's just in general - then you add in a famous athlete level type kid? And I don't believe that any parent would do anything publicly without the express consent of their world famous athlete child .... to think otherwise is moronic.

Legend
Legend
Another comment on this thread somewhere was how 'Daddy' was acting to protect his child - and that as parents we would always interfere to help our kids.

I couldn't disagree more. When your kid is an adult. With a career. Co-workers, peers, seniors above them .... in what world does any parent actually think that (allegedly) going behind their kids back to publicly humiliate the team/company/colleagues and producing a social media hit piece to "protect their kid" would be anything except a monumental embarrassment to the kid. I mean that's just in general - then you add in a famous athlete level type kid? And I don't believe that any parent would do anything publicly without the express consent of their world famous athlete child .... to think otherwise is moronic.

you would've been mad had anybody from his camp went on social media with the clip. family does this around the league and such as well. look at jackson mahomes.

lets not pretend Baker's wife hasn't fired off rounds on social media. dont sit there and say she's always went through baker before hopping on social. sometimes it happens. and at the end of the day it doesn't even matter.

its not like his teammates haven't been watching the film during the week seeing the same crap passes from the QB. lets be clear here: OBJ left, and Baker arguably got worse. a lot of people were hoping Baker would go on a run like he did last season when OBJ got injured. the exact opposite happened.

parents/family members lashing out on social happens enough that it doesn't always need to be some deep state plot.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
OBJ is gone. Good riddance because he was an underperforming malcontent while here.

No Craps Given
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The question no one has yet to answer.......

WHY DIDNT OBJ WANT TO BE IN CLEVELAND IN THE 1st
PLACE?
Is it because it lacks the glitz and glamour of the bigger
Markets.....the weather....The lack of nightlife?
Not sold on the front office or the QB?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
The question no one has yet to answer.......

WHY DIDNT OBJ WANT TO BE IN CLEVELAND IN THE 1st
PLACE?
Is it because it lacks the glitz and glamour of the bigger
Markets.....the weather....The lack of nightlife?
Not sold on the front office or the QB?

I think yes to everything you said except for the last one.

A lot of people from Cleveland stay there because it's where they grew up. It's home.

Legend
Legend
OBJ never once said that he wanted to be in Cleveland or that he was excited to be a Brown. He said he wanted to win, but he never said he wanted the Browns to win. He was a selfish malcontent here and pouted 'til he got his way.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: dawglover05, FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Nope. There are lots of videos and takes showing Baker missing receivers. None of them made me mad. Other than thinking it was cheap and classless I wasnt mad his daddy posted this one. as for the deep state stuff? Maybe.... If OBJ hadn't literally been trying to get out of Cleveland since the day he arrived.

Baker's wife posts stuff on social media.... And she gets slaughtered for it. So that's a good comparison. It deserves slaughtering.

Last edited by mgh888; 02/13/22 07:42 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's sports itself .. Players have goals and sights to where they want to be

High school athletes choose collages for their own reasons..

Pro's do the same... when given a chance..

It's hard to pay for a season ticket.. let alone wanting to play in Cleveland as a athlete...

unfortunately for fans it's a different mind set..

bonefish #1925056 02/14/22 12:01 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O

bonefish #1925057 02/14/22 12:05 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Dear Baker,

Stop stirring the drama pot.

Love,
Eve

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1925060 02/14/22 12:11 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Baker didn’t post that. That Twitter account posts fake quotes all the time to try and dupe people.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell

Link Copied to Clipboard