Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pdawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
[social:tweet]https://t.co/SW5FSwtOEK[/social]

Good for him.

Last edited by Pdawg; 06/21/21 07:26 PM.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
We all knew he sucked as a player.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
He Dropped 100k for the Trevor Project. That's admirable. They need it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Deplorable and uncalled for...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
First active NFL player comes out as gay

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/559498-first-active-nfl-player-comes-out-as-gay

Good for him. I watched a quick video of him announcing this and claiming the only reason was for openness and representation.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I swear you've become a troll. Is this an attempt to be funny?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Carl Nassib answering the question nobody asked. Whatever ...

Legend
Legend
totally uncalled for...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
is it bad that all I can think about is Todd Haley screaming 'ccaarrrrllllllllll'

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Very courageous move no matter if you agree with it or not.
Ironically he is not the 1st Browns player
That is homosexual.
That would former LB Tom Cousineau.
Art Modell spent alot of $$$$ as Tom in the mid 80s found himself on the other end of a police
Flashlight in Fairview Park.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Laying the groundwork for a lawsuit? If he gets cut because of play...lifestyle becomes a factor?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
Laying the groundwork for a lawsuit? If he gets cut because of play...lifestyle becomes a factor?

Or, he's trying to raise awareness and show support, which is exactly what he said he is doing.

He donated $100,000 to an organization that helps with suicide prevention and other issues the LGBTQ community faces.

Your post is just wild speculation with zero factual backing at all.

Legend
Legend

Interesting take. On Hard Knocks he did teach other players about leveraging their financial positions.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't know, that might be a stretch. I guess we will find out if he is cut and claims as such.

I will offer apology to any who didn't take my earlier comment as intended.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
He didn't, though... plus he's still playing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cle23

Or, he's trying to raise awareness and show support, which is exactly what he said he is doing.

He donated $100,000 to an organization that helps with suicide prevention and other issues the LGBTQ community faces.

I read (but didn't look for myself, so feel free to correct me), that the Raiders comments in his social media post make it seem like they were aware prior and were/are supportive.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Ok. I'm having lunch and The View is on talking about CN. Joy Behar made a crack about "penetration in the end zone". Now she's backtracking, telling the audience it was inappropriate and to forget she said it. I wonder if she's going to pay a price for this? First time I watched this show since they eviscerated John McCain during his presidential run. I was channel hopping and saw Carl's face and stopped to see what they were saying. WOW!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P

Fish never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I read (but didn't look for myself, so feel free to correct me), that the Raiders comments in his social media post make it seem like they were aware prior and were/are supportive.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I don't really care if he's gay one way or the other. What makes him think people care? I'm like okay?

It's a bit dramatized and over the top for for my taste. I wish he was still on our team though, he was a solid player.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 06/22/21 05:13 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I don't really care if he's gay one way or the other. What makes him think people care? I'm like okay?

It's a bit dramatized and over the top for for my taste. I wish he was still on our team though, he was a solid player.

I really don't think he cares what everyday people think. I think he is trying to show people who are struggling to come out or are having some trouble that it's ok.

I don't see how he could have made an announcement that was any less dramatic. Announced he was gay and that he was donating money to a cause to help people and then declined to do any interviews whatsoever.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

I don't know, that might be a stretch. I guess we will find out if he is cut and claims as such.

I will offer apology to any who didn't take my earlier comment as intended.

Please then, enlighten me to how is was intended.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cle23----------------->

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The new NORMAL for society.

Sad days indeed.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

cle23----------------->

You aren't any better

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
J
Legend
Legend
J
It’s important. It’s meaningful. It’s actually a life saver for some young men out there. It’s amazing what a role model can do for someone suffering and feeling alone.

The lack of empathy from many on this board prove the point. That is WHY it is important for brave people to come out. That is WHY people put themselves out there to the ridicule some of you feel the need to heap on people you don’t understand.

Saying you don’t care is always very telling, because when you say that, everyone knows you do. And we know exactly why.

Then there are some of you suggesting he is doing this for some ulterior motive. Lmao, yeah, that is likely the motive.

There is a reason so many young gay men kill themselves. Please stop being so callous and insensitive to things you don’t understand. You are being the exact opposite of what you pretend to be. Please be better.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Thank you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He should change his handle to supertroll.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
It’s important. It’s meaningful. It’s actually a life saver for some young men out there. It’s amazing what a role model can do for someone suffering and feeling alone.

The lack of empathy from many on this board prove the point. That is WHY it is important for brave people to come out. That is WHY people put themselves out there to the ridicule some of you feel the need to heap on people you don’t understand.

Saying you don’t care is always very telling, because when you say that, everyone knows you do. And we know exactly why.

Then there are some of you suggesting he is doing this for some ulterior motive. Lmao, yeah, that is likely the motive.

There is a reason so many young gay men kill themselves. Please stop being so callous and insensitive to things you don’t understand. You are being the exact opposite of what you pretend to be. Please be better.

This deserves repeating. Truth.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That was a very good post. I have to say I admire Carl for having the courage to do this, for his philanthropy, and for providing support to other young men who are otherwise downtrodden or discouraged.

My core memory of him, though, will always be his financial diatribe on Hard Knocks.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Ideally, an announcement like this wouldn't really be necessary or even newsworthy. But we haven't made it that far yet, as a society... so it is.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
We should never celebrate anybody for any reason at any time. That is an Amish concept of working to stop pride.

What does God have to say about the situation, what will God tell us on the breaking down of what is Holy.

If it requires a celebration of every person who claims some thing then you'll end up doing something for 3 billion people and each person more than once.

Can we go back to talking about slot corners and whether LineBackers should be over 235 pounds it is much less stressful and

And for those others;

What does recognizing Carl Nassib in 2021 provide that recognizing Ellen DeGeneris in 2001 didn't?

What about that old ugly Star Trek Guy from 2007? Tekai, What did anyone gain from that?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
We should never celebrate anybody for any reason at any time. That is an Amish concept of working to stop pride.

What does God have to say about the situation, what will God tell us on the breaking down of what is Holy.

If it requires a celebration of every person who claims some thing then you'll end up doing something for 3 billion people and each person more than once.

Can we go back to talking about slot corners and whether LineBackers should be over 235 pounds it is much less stressful and

And for those others;

What does recognizing Carl Nassib in 2021 provide that recognizing Ellen DeGeneris in 2001 didn't?

What about that old ugly Star Trek Guy from 2007? Tekai, What did anyone gain from that?

YOU may not have got anything from it, but there are plenty of people out there who probably did. You don't know what anybody in this world is going through other than yourself and sometimes all person needs is to know that there are other people out there like them having the same struggles as them to get through. It sure doesn't seem like Nassib needed to do this for himself 100% but I do think it will help some people out there, maybe a young high school player who is struggling to accept himself or be accepted by others.

Like a few others have said, at some point in time this won't even be newsworthy but as of right now it is because it doesn't happen everyday. And if you can tell by several of the comments in this very post, there are still plenty of people who aren't accepting or still having to make snarky comments about a person that isn't even involved in their lives in any way.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
The fricken league is over 100 years old... and there hasn't been one player to be known to be gay before 2021?

I doubt it.

I mean... that's significant. How many other male professional athletes in major sports in the united states have also been out as gay?

You can probably count that on like one hand. I mean the idea of "It shouldn't be an issue" is right. Love is love between consenting individuals.

However. If it isn't an issue... then why is there only one dude? in a sea of men... When we know that the statistical average is around 5 to 10 percent.

Pdawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
There has been ex-NFL players that have come out but none that were playing at the time.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's pride month, just be proud to be the person you are.

Loved your post like I love you !!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote]What does God have to say about the situation, what will God tell us on the breaking down of what is Holy./quote]

The truth can be a funny thing. While not always valued by others, it is most certainly favored by God and our hopes of ensuring wholesome relationships. We may think we are clever enough to fool other people, God, or even ourselves, but little do we know of the ultimate consequences of our attempts to deceive reality. However painful or awkward the truth may be, it is "truly" our only opportunity to create harmony and receive God's grace. The Bible reminds us of the power of truth quite frequently and we'd be wise to follow its advice.

Psalm 145:18 ESV
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 ESV
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Proverbs 12:22 ESV
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6 ESV
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; love is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth

John 8:32 ESV
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
So what. Being gay has been accepted, almost praised in today's society. I'm glad it meant something to him to come out, and I do hope it gives others courage to be who they are, but I don't understand the big deal.

So you are gay, what do you want a ribbon?

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote]So you are gay, what do you want a ribbon?/quote]

I believe it's being excepted for who you are and not having to hide from the person you truly are.

Have you ever done something and never told anybody because you were afraid of how you would be treated or judged ?

we can't hide the color we are, we shouldn't have to hide the soul we are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Carl Nassib comes out as 1st openly gay active NFL player

Link Copied to Clipboard