Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think he will see the field as much as Jones did last year. Maybe a bit less if everybody stays healthy. If nothing else, he brings a decoy factor none of the other possess.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Because of his speed the D has to account for him. He can stretch the field which opens everything else up for the rest of our receivers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
IMO.. if our OC see's the defense hogging up the flat, I expect to see Schwartz being told to run like a BOOH for the end zone and pull them out of our TE's way.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. Because of his speed the D has to account for him. He can stretch the field which opens everything else up for the rest of our receivers.

We don't "know" that that is true.^

Can Anybody, point to Anything, Schwartz has done, positive, since he was drafted.

Is he the 274th best WR in the NFL, or lower? Absurd?
Is he the 191st? Is he really? banghead

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
He is large and fast. Are you saying defenses won't have to pay attention to that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:
Can Anybody, point to Anything, Schwartz has done, positive, since he was drafted.

What has any rookie done that is positive since they were drafted?

I am talking in a football sense, not buying 12 dozen girl scout cookies from some mom selling them for her kid.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Tony Fields II signed day one equal to other Browns draft picks first signing.

Demetric Felton was said to be getting open in the 7 on 7s of OTA day 3. per Orange and Brown talk podcast from the Plain Dealer.
talk about the receivers.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Schwartz has been to Cedar Point several times, boosting the local economy!

He even raced Top Thrill Dragster...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Tony Fields II signed day one equal to other Browns draft picks first signing.

Demetric Felton was said to be getting open in the 7 on 7s of OTA day 3. per Orange and Brown talk podcast from the Plain Dealer.
talk about the receivers.

Oh, so it's because he hasn't signed. A lot of 3rd rounders haven't signed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/round-3/

If he misses camp you can get bunched up. Not before.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I heard that Newsome was at OTA's, but he hasn't signed, yet, so I wonder if that is even possible. I thought you couldn't attend anything beyond Rookie Minicamp if you didn't have a contract.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I heard that Newsome was at OTA's, but he hasn't signed, yet, so I wonder if that is even possible. I thought you couldn't attend anything beyond Rookie Minicamp if you didn't have a contract.

I have no idea.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

I think that they can sign an insurance thing to cover them for OTAs. Training camp might be different.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Can you point to anything any rookie draftee has done?

Yikes,,, that's just crazy thinking

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I think that they can sign an insurance thing to cover them for OTAs. Training camp might be different.

I would imagine Training Camp is VERY different in terms of liability.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
Too many good WRs ahead of him and essentially we are a running team. So TEs FB in the formation a lot.

With our defense (hopefully) studding out we will not be in many situations needing a comeback to got spread or anything.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
In 2020 we ran 495 rushing plays and 502 pass plays. That's as balanced of an offense as one can have. Claiming we are "essentially a running team" is nothing but a popular myth with no basis in fact.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Players get talked about every year,
Anthony Henry, iirc, 4th round Db, 20 years ago was being talked up and had a good first year.

Reporters let on about players with good or bad camps.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nick Chubb was a player one year removed from a very serious, possibly career ending injury in college. They talked about him too.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Here's the deal, save this.
170 yards in one game? too easy.
170 yards in two games? Still too easy.
3 games? Okay.

I'll leave the board for a week, and include "A Schwartz made a monkee outta me" in my signature until next NFL draft IF!:
(watch the details)
If Anthony Schwartz can get 170 yards in receptions that traveled at least 10+ yards through the air, past the line of scrimmage
In any 3 game stretch,
; not including any yards of runs, returns, or any other plays, and not including passes that did not go 10+ through the air past the line of scrimmage. So no handoff or shovel passes.
; not including spot fouls from pass intereference penalties
in the regular season 2021, which starts at the Chiefs and ends at the end of the Cincinnati game 1/09/2022
and the yardage count must begin at an opening kickoff.

That's 12 quarters plus overtimes, only 14.2 yards per quarter and he can shut my -#@* up!
Late hits? we can count those yards but no pass interference, he has to come down with the ball.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So if the QB gives him the ball through the air it counts. If he himself actually creates yards after the catch on a short pass it doesn't count?

notallthere

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Plus, I am not sure any receiver on our team had 170 yards receiving in 3 straight games.

I just looked, we didn't.

Neither did Davante Adams, regarded as maybe the best receiver in football. Julio Jones, no.

TL doesn't know what he is talking about.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
In TLs world, rookie 5th option receivers should have 1000 yard receiving seasons or they're busts.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
According to him they should have over half of those thousand yards in three games. And even then they would all have to travel in the air for over 10 yards.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The receivers have to catch it blindfolded then run uphill, barefoot, to either end zone while it’s snowing, or none of it counts.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Oh my, that's 2 catches! That's 2 85 yard catches, if he's Josh Gordon in 2011. If he's all that. hmm whatever, I said what I meant.

People say he's going to break the top off of defenses.
it's not impossible. It's not mountain flipping Everest.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Pretty sure they didn't mean a 5th-rounder was going to do that in his rookie year.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
If I didn't write it clearly understandbable in the first place I'm not talking about 170 in back to back to back games, (510)
NO, I meant 170 accumulated total within the 3.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well.... that IS more reasonable than half of 1k yards in the first three games of his pro career.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To be fair, and clear it sounds as if he's saying 170 total yards (under his conditions) in three games. That would only be 57 yards per game. Am I missing something?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I could be wrong.. Been a long time since I looked into that.

But my understanding is that Rookie Mini is covered with some kind of insurance. The team/NFL pick up the tab for any injury.

Mini camps are for those that are actually signed.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
By that statement shows me you have no clue of what you are talking about. Its not about the amount of plays its about the execution of plays and what our game plan is.

smh...ignorance is bliss, have you on ignore but was curious on what you stated and it was nonsense. If you wish me to go into detail I would but I'm sure you have no desire to learn FOOTBALL.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Stats are for losers and it was insulting that you would throw out those stats and then say an absurd statement that we were not a running team. Well possibly you don't understand a conversation of real football and all you can comprehend is STATS well how bout these stats.

The BROWNS had the 4th most rushing attempts in the NFL!!

the BROWNS had the 5th LEAST passing attempts in the NFL!

Those are facts and if you cannot understand that we are a running team then there is no use having a conversation about football with you.

I mean by eye you can see games and know we are a running team we are about the RUN!!! pure and simple...go as our OLine and they will tell you.
my goodness your attempt to undermind my post was so important to you that you didn't care if you looked silly willynilly

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw that as well. I'm trying to quickly find the numbers to back up my assumption that the run/pass ratio did shift over the course of the year. My eyes told me that we were more run/heavy in the beginning of the year and then started to put the ball in the air more as we progressed through the season.

I was hoping a convenient table was out there to easily illustrate my point, but I might have to hack it together myself.

edit: I can't find this, and I'm not invested enough to grab the stats from each game's stat summary and put it all together.

Last edited by oobernoober; 06/23/21 09:44 AM. Reason: gave up

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
NVM, I pulled it together. I don't see as clear of a trend as I expected. I'm going to try to paste a screen shot of the chart with the numbers. I graphed % of rush attempts to total offensive plays (I don't think sacks are included).

Last edited by oobernoober; 06/23/21 10:05 AM.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Please try to show how we actually used the pass to gain a big lead in several games and used the run later to sustain it and not the other way around so someone can stop sounding stupid with a personal agenda.

Thanks in advance.

We are built to take advantage of our opponents weakness whether that be by the run or the pass. We're not dictated to using either as the base of our offense. And someone claims it's me who doesn't have a clue.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry (and I say that with sincerity). I'm not going to pull that together. It took more time than I intended just to get the attempts broken out for each game. It's going to take a lot more hunting to find that broken down further (by quarter is what I assume you're looking for).

I did the per game because my eye was telling me that we were running the ball less at the end of the year than we were at the beginning of the year (as a percentage of total pass and run attempts), but that didn't seem to be the case (I don't think my assumption was true simply based on what the graph looked like). We actually started low vs Balt#1 (probably because we got our butts handed to us early and tried to catch up for a while). Our %rushing attempts trended up for a few games, and then dropped off a cliff, only to then jump to its highest for the season vs Houston. IIRC, we got up early in that game and then wanted to bleed clock(?). We then trended down for the rest of the season until the last 3 games where we bounced up and down.

I don't really see a discernable pattern other than potentially gameplanning vs our opponents and adapting per the momentum of each game.

I'd be more than happy to post a screenshot, but I'm a moron and can't get it to post correctly.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I just find it impossible to believe that anyone who watched these games couldn't see how the game plan varied by opponents. And as you yourself seemed to indicate, the flow of the game.

This entire "We'll impose our will on our opponent" is only done by teams that only have one dimension to use. Our team was built with balance. Great investments in both the passing and running game. To claim we focus on only one of those dimensions as the base of our O is foolish.

We finally have a HC who understands how strategy works. That you analyze your opponent and exploit their weaknesses. To think anything less would be selling Stefanski short.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I can only speak for myself, but I was one of the "let them know you're running, and then run on them anyway because we can" folks, especially at the beginning of the season. A big part of that was based on my confidence in Baker, but also the embarrassment of riches we have in the run game.

On top of that, as I mentioned, the ratio of pass/run attempts doesn't seem to support any sort of transition to/away from the pass or run as the season went on (as I had guessed). I pointed that out because I didn't think our season totals for rush attempts really told the whole story if we were extra run/pass heavy earlier in the season and then started sliding the other way as we got further on.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Our %rushing attempts trended up for a few games

I'll venture a guess and say that it was a three game weather-game stretch where you saw this.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Our %rushing attempts trended up for a few games

I'll venture a guess and say that it was a three game weather-game stretch where you saw this.

And the Jets game where our entire WR room was out due to stupidity over Covid-19. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Browns Draft WR Anthony Schwartz

Link Copied to Clipboard