Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
eotab #1872440 07/25/21 08:26 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think we'll be locked down by October, ain't covid great...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
PitDAWG #1872447 07/25/21 10:05 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's sort if a funny thing when people isolate it to "the death rate". Most people who even have healthcare have large deductibles. What would weeks in the ICU cost them? What about just a couple of weeks in the hospital?

Then there are those who it takes weeks and months to ever "get back to normal" and be able to go on with life the same as they did before they had Covid.

But when you refuse to factor in the huge financial burden and loss of quality of life for a long period of time due to Covid, it does sound better.

But hey, at least they didn't die, right?
It's been a while since I heard the death rate mentioned like this. I think that is an artifact from early on when we were still figuring things out. Hospitalization rate took over as that second metric.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
eotab #1872451 07/25/21 10:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
OldColdDawg #1872459 07/26/21 06:45 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I think we'll be locked down by October, ain't covid great...
unfortunately its trending back this way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
oobernoober #1872487 07/26/21 09:37 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Well, once he recovers and gets one shot, he's considered good-to-go.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

eotab #1872507 07/26/21 11:26 AM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
eotab #1872510 07/26/21 11:29 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah: ‘I’m feeling just fine…as in zero symptoms’ after being placed on COVID-19 reserve

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/07...19-reserve.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah assured his well-wishers on Monday that he’s okay despite being placed on COVID-19 reserve on Sunday.

“I’m feeling just fine,’' Owusu-Koramoah tweeted on Monday morning. “Thank you everyone. Peace be unto you all.’' He went onto add “As in Zero Symptoms.’'

If Owusu-Koramoah is unvaccinated and is on the list because he tested positive for COVID-19, he’d have to quarantine for at least 10 days, according to the collectively-bargained covid protocols for 2021 training camp and preseason.

That means he could be back on the field by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week depending on his symptoms and test results.

Vaccinated players who test positive are permitted to return to team after two negative tests 24 hours apart. Players can also land on the list for being close contacts of someone who tested positive. NFL teams are not permitted to reveal if a player tested positive or is a close contact, or whether or not they’ve been vaccinated.

Some teams, including the Steelers, are differentiating between vaccinated and unvaccinated players with colored wristbands. Unvaccinated players are tested everyday, while unvaccinated players and staffers are tested only every two weeks.

But the NFL and NFLPA have discussed testing vaccinated players and staffers more frequently in the wake of some breakthrough cases, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Monday.

Colts coach Frank Reich announced Monday that he won’t be with the team at the start of camp because he tested positie for COVID-19. He also said he’s fully vaccinated and asymptomatic.

Schefter reported that so far this month -- and players just started reporting last week -- 13 vaccinated staffers and four vaccinated players have tested positive. There’s concern about vaccinated players spreading the virus to the unvaccinated, especially if they’re asymptomatic carriers.

The Browns are obviously hoping that Owusu-Koramoah is back sooner than later, because they have big plans for him at weakside linebacker and in many of their sub-packages.

“Things are going well with him,’' defensive coordinator Joe Woods said during minicamp last month. “A very smart player, very athletic. You can see the speed, the quickness and the change of direction. He’ll be able to match up well against tight ends. The thing we have to be careful of and I have to be careful of is you look at him, and you want to do a lot, but coming in as a rookie, you do not want to put him in those situations.

“You want to gradually bring him along, and as he gains experience and understands the defense more and more, then you will start to expand it. There are some things drawn on the whiteboard I want to do, but we probably will not get to all of them this year.”

Rookies and quarterbacks reported to camp on Saturday, and the rest of the team reports on Tuesday. The first full-squad practice is Wednesday, and the first one open to the public is Friday.

The NFL and NFLPA haven’t mandated covid vaccinations for players this season, but have placed heavy restrictions on players who aren’t.

The NFL sent a memo to teams last week informing them that the league won’t reschedule a game outside of the 18-week window if a team has a covid breakout among unvaccinated players, and that both teams will forfeit that game if it can’t be rescheduled during the season.

What’s more, players from both teams won’t get paid if they forfeit a game, and the offending club could be on the hook for financial losses of both clubs.

Several Browns players have had lingering reservations about being vaccinated for one reason or another, but the Browns are close to reaching the 85% threshold as a team. Once they do, they’ll have some team-wide restrictions lifted.

During Baker Mayfield’s football camp for kids on Wednesday, he indicated he had been vaccinated since minicamp and said he felt it was the right thing to do.

“Obviously last year was new for everybody,’' Mayfield said during a media availability at the camp. “So it was a lot of learning the protocols and whatnot. It definitely poses a competitive advantage for higher vaccine rates on your team just because of the close contact [rules] and what happens if somebody does unfortunately get COVID, what can happen to the rest of the building.

“It’s a competitive advantage but it’s also way more than that. It’s about safety and just general health and well-being of human life. So I’d leave it at that.’'

Last season, the Browns were one of the NFL teams most impacted by the pandemic, with Myles Garrett missing two games after testing positive, the starting receiving corps missing the loss to the Jets because of contact tracing, and Kevin Stefanski missing the Wild Card victory over the Steelers after testing positive.

The Browns are hoping to have fewer interruptions this season, and the NFL has heavily incentivized players to get the shot.

Unvaccinated players must continue to get tested daily, wear masks and physically distance. They can’t eat meals with teammates and can’t leave the team hotel to interact with individuals outside the club. Vaccinated players are tested every two weeks, can go out while on the road, and more. The heavy restrictions for unvaccinated players have resulted in a big jump in the numbers over the past several weeks.

NFL Network’s Judy Battista reported on Friday that nine teams are above the 90% threshold and 80% percent of NFL players have begun the vaccination process.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
GratefulDawg #1872528 07/26/21 01:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

The fact this idea was even entertained is ridiculous.

Side Note: The NFLPA needs to update that early 90s logo.

Tackles are tackles.
GratefulDawg #1872552 07/26/21 04:05 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
This "dang" thing Covid is a nightmare. JMHO, Coach SKI and Coach Reich would NEVER do anything to hurt their teams, yet it happened. Everyone needs to keep their distances unless playing, we will lose the season if this continues. Just when we are finally GOOD....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
GratefulDawg #1872559 07/26/21 04:42 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:
Some teams, including the Steelers, are differentiating between vaccinated and unvaccinated players with colored wristbands. Unvaccinated players are tested everyday, while unvaccinated players and staffers are tested only every two weeks.

But the NFL and NFLPA have discussed testing vaccinated players and staffers more frequently in the wake of some breakthrough cases, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Monday.

Colts coach Frank Reich announced Monday that he won’t be with the team at the start of camp because he tested positie for COVID-19. He also said he’s fully vaccinated and asymptomatic.

Schefter reported that so far this month -- and players just started reporting last week -- 13 vaccinated staffers and four vaccinated players have tested positive. There’s concern about vaccinated players spreading the virus to the unvaccinated, especially if they’re asymptomatic carriers.

The Browns are obviously hoping that Owusu-Koramoah is back sooner than later, because they have big plans for him at weakside linebacker and in many of their sub-packages.

“Things are going well with him,’' defensive coordinator Joe Woods said during minicamp last month. “A very smart player, very athletic. You can see the speed, the quickness and the change of direction. He’ll be able to match up well against tight ends. The thing we have to be careful of and I have to be careful of is you look at him, and you want to do a lot, but coming in as a rookie, you do not want to put him in those situations.

That article made it unclear whether the Schefter reported numbers were numbers from , the entire NFL, or the Colts team only, or the Browns team only.

hitt #1872583 07/26/21 07:22 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: hitt
This "dang" thing Covid is a nightmare. JMHO, Coach SKI and Coach Reich would NEVER do anything to hurt their teams, yet it happened. Everyone needs to keep their distances unless playing, we will lose the season if this continues. Just when we are finally GOOD....GO Browns!!!

If we didn't lose last season, I doubt we lose this season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
MemphisBrownie #1872592 07/26/21 09:41 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

The fact this idea was even entertained is ridiculous.

Side Note: The NFLPA needs to update that early 90s logo.

Its not so ridiculous when you realize how many people support creating second class citizens with vaxx passports.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DevilDawg2847 #1872623 07/27/21 11:32 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's even more ridiculous that people aren't getting vaccines to help protect even stronger variants from evolving and think somehow that's it's "their freedom" to risk infecting others. Having the ability to identify morons who make our world more dangerous isn't a bad thing. If it bothers you for others to know you refuse to get the vaccine, then get the vaccine.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1872625 07/27/21 11:49 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
It's even more ridiculous that people aren't getting vaccines to help protect even stronger variants from evolving and think somehow that's it's "their freedom" to risk infecting others. Having the ability to identify morons who make our world more dangerous isn't a bad thing. If it bothers you for others to know you refuse to get the vaccine, then get the vaccine.

Do you understand that the FDA has not yet approved the vaccine? That there is a 99+% survival rate? That there are effective treatments that the MSM won't tout because the Orange-Man was right about them? The clowns telling us what to do have NO IDEA if the vaccines will stop the virus...let alone any variant...masks are a joke...but now even the vaccinated should wear one? You want ridiculous...there you have it. Right there is plenty for a person to decide not to get the shot.

I chose to get the shot...it's not up to me to demand that others get one as well...especially when we know so little about the virus and the shot. If I wear a much younger man I would not have gotten it either. I wonder...you must be wildly anti-abortion as 100% of that personal choice results in death. Want what's "best for the team"? Where were you on the voluntary mini-camp issue and Camp Baker? Personal choice is not something that others can dictate for another.

The Wuhan virus a problem with less-than-perfect solutions...the individual has the right to decide for themselves what is best. It's not that hard.

WSU Willie #1872628 07/27/21 12:13 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Over 163 million Americans have been fully vaccinated. If people haven't learned that vaccines are safe by now, they'll never admit it. No, there aren't "effective treatments that the MSM won't tout because the Orange-Man was right about them". Those crazy theories have been debunked over and over again. If you have any credible evidence of that, bring it to the table.

Quote:
The clowns telling us what to do have NO IDEA if the vaccines will stop the virus...let alone any variant...masks are a joke...

Ah, the word "stop". Vastly reduce yes, stop no. Masks help reduce the spread of ALL air born viruses. the vaccine make it far less likely you'll get covid and if you do, the symptom will be far less.

Science is something you choose to ignore. And yes, if someone is walking around unvaccinated, I'd like to know who the hell those morons are.

Nobody said these solution were "perfect". Just that they greatly reduce the spread. And you do understand that just surviving is a crazy thing to say. I guess those who are hospitalized, who end up on a ventilator and end up with huge hospital bills, have long term effects from covid...... None of those people really matter right? Because hey, they survived, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
eotab #1872630 07/27/21 12:33 PM
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Why not take it one step further and require a wristband for any disease that one may have. A wristband for HiV, Hepatitis and so on. That way if those folks are bleeding at work or in a store you know not to help them out.

Dawg1979 #1872633 07/27/21 12:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, those things have killed over 600,000 people since last year. tsktsk

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1872640 07/27/21 01:18 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So only diseases that kill 600k people in a year are important enough?

FrankZ #1872644 07/27/21 01:41 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
While I'm not in favor of branding the unvaccinated while the FDA has yet to fully approve any vaccine, and studies are still being conducted (specifically in the younger age range), being deliberately obtuse isn't the answer either. We've been out from under lockdown for like 5 minutes and the #s are already starting to tick back up. The data available shows excellent effectiveness that (IMO) has held up remarkably well in the face of the several variants that have risen up. As for safety, the companies that have been granted EUA have proven the vaccine has a certain level of safety. To me, that roughly translates to "if you're an overall healthy individual, you should get vaccinated... if you have health complications, then you should consult with your doctor."

-PrplPplEater
FrankZ #1872645 07/27/21 01:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should look up the definition of pandemic to understand better. Obviously facts and statistics mean nothing to you.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1872650 07/27/21 02:13 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Over 163 million Americans have been fully vaccinated. If people haven't learned that vaccines are safe by now, they'll never admit it.

People are following the science of FDA drug approvals and deciding not to get the shot. Why won't you follow the science?

"No, there aren't effective treatments that the MSM won't tout because the Orange-Man was right about them". Those crazy theories have been debunked over and over again. If you have any credible evidence of that, bring it to the table."

Not worth my time. You won't believe that science anyway. Why won't you follow the science?

Quote:
The clowns telling us what to do have NO IDEA if the vaccines will stop the virus...let alone any variant...masks are a joke...

"Ah, the word "stop". Vastly reduce yes, stop no. Masks help reduce the spread of ALL air born viruses. the vaccine make it far less likely you'll get covid and if you do, the symptom will be far less."

The science initially said that masks aren't effective against the COVID virus as the virus is too small. Then the science said masks=good...then science said 2 masks = good. Which science are we supposed to follow? Did the COVID virus get bigger and can now be stopped by a mask?

"Science is something you choose to ignore. And yes, if someone is walking around unvaccinated, I'd like to know who the hell those morons are."

I shouldn't have to say this by now...but I will...Which science are we to follow? Who are the morons who smoke and end up using resources to survive? Does it matter that they live? Who are the morons who drink alcohol and get organ transplants and use up resources to live? Where are the morons whose personal choice results in the death of a baby?

"Nobody said these solution were "perfect". Just that they greatly reduce the spread."

Reasonable. That's why I CHOSE to get the shot. Well done. Should have stopped there.

"And you do understand that just surviving is a crazy thing to say. I guess those who are hospitalized, who end up on a ventilator and end up with huge hospital bills, have long term effects from covid...... None of those people really matter right? Because hey, they survived, right?"

Smokers, drinkers, over-eaters all say "Hold my Beer."

WSU Willie #1872655 07/27/21 02:26 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again you obviously haven't been keeping up. The Delta variant is hitting younger people with no mitigating health issues. No, it's what you claim when you have nothing. "You wouldn't believe it anyway". But if you mean I won't believe isolated people over the CDC, NIH and the WHO, you're right. I look to experts when it comes to the risk of life.

New COVID Delta variant hits young people harder

https://www.13abc.com/2021/06/15/new-covid-delta-variant-hits-young-people-harder/

The total process of full approval takes time. That doesn't change the evidence of the millions upon millions of people that have shown it to be safe. But I guess anyone can use that to excuse not doing the right thing.

Once again you use the word "stop" in regards to masks. It helps prevent the spread, it doesn't stop it. It seems the concept of the more you learn about something, the more you know about it. Covid 19 was a completely new strain of vaccine. As time has gone on, the more they have learned. As such recommendations have changed. It's not a complicated concept.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1872662 07/27/21 03:24 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Not keeping up? rofl Is that like "misinformation"? You don't even acknowledge the examples I've given you over and over again...why should I give you more that don't follow your mantra?

What if a person decides to believe the FDA EXPERTS over the CDC, WHO, etc.? Whose science do you follow? Who gets to decide what constitutes "not doing the right thing?"

Masks don't work on COVID...it's a proven science. Why won't you do the right thing and follow that science?

We aren't talking about the science of gravity or physics here. We are - right now - talking about the kind of science that in the 70's told me (tried to scare us all) we would all be frozen ice cubes by now...and the same science bloviating for the last 10-15 years that the world will incinerate in the next 12 years (trying to scare us all) if we don't stop having bovine farts in the atmosphere. Follow the science...look at the stats...yeah...right...then make your own decision.

I made my choice...you made yours...others should be allowed-to as well. If someone asks me why I got the shot, I tell them. If someone asks whether I think they should get the shot, I tell them yes.

A good friend of mine is the the hospital with COVID right now. It's not looking promising at the moment. He is 61...has comorbidity...he was vaccinated very early on. When people see that...and see that "masks-are-back" even for the vaccinated...and the FDA has STILL not approved squat...you'll get people that make a choice to skip the vaccine...er...flu shot...or flu shot Delta variant.

WSU Willie #1872666 07/27/21 03:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, that's why the CDC has come out with new guidelines for school just today, because they don't work.

What "FDA experts" are you talking about that say vaccines or masks don't work? Are you just trying to say that just because the full approval process has not yet been completed that somehow means something?

The flu is far less infectious than the Delta variant. That's not even worthy of discussion. And the Delta variant is far more infectious than any other Covid variant.

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

That's a little better than "I know a guy".

Statistics show the stark risks of not getting vaccinated against COVID-19

COVID-19 has become a "pandemic of the unvaccinated."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/statistics-show-risks-vaccinated-covid-19/story?id=78845627

Use Masks to Slow the Spread of COVID-19

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

I don't care who gets vaccinated. But I sure as hell want to know who they are so I can stay away from them. Some things deserve a warning label.

#gmstrong
WSU Willie #1872674 07/27/21 04:35 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
The only thing the FDA has said about the vaccine is that the 3 to receive EUA proved a basic level of safety and effectiveness, and the benefits outweigh the risks. Them not approving as of yet does not constitute a rejection. It is believed that at least the vaccine makers that have been granted EUA should have a pretty secure path to full approval. The only thing I'm watching out for is any added contraindications/warnings when they go for full approval. For example (and please correct me if I'm wrong because the last time I looked this up was back when I first got my own vaccine), I don't think the data is there yet for pregnant women looking to get the vaccine. There has also been the rare side effects that have popped up since authorization.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1872676 07/27/21 04:40 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Several experts have come out and said that final approval is eminent and that the vaccines are safe, effective, and it's only a matter of time for full approval. But people's feelings and beliefs tainted by politicization of covid won't let them see the forest for the trees.

eotab #1872710 07/27/21 10:14 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

eotab #1872751 07/28/21 11:57 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O

WSU Willie #1872758 07/28/21 12:51 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Masks don't work on COVID...it's a proven science. Why won't you do the right thing and follow that science?

Because your science is ill thought. Masks do work for COVID. If it weren’t the case I’d have gotten COVID by now from all my exposure working as a nurse.
Now your hunting neckgaiter, or a bandana, isn’t a mask. It’s a temper tantrum. If people took COVID seriously they would have bought better protection for themselves. I purchased KN95 masks for personal use shortly after the outbreak happened. I still wear one in indoor public settings. I wear KN95 masks for all patient visits, or N95 for known positive cases.
Personal responsibility needs to come into play… but we see where that has gotten us…. A bunch of mask Karens, neckgaiters, bandanas, and exposed noses. So… here we are. Welcome to the Delta variant. It’d love to take up residence to those not willing to protect themselves properly through vaccinations, better masks, and such.
Good luck out there.

[Linked Image]
OldColdDawg #1872783 07/28/21 03:35 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Play stupid games...

...also, didn't he have COVID last year??

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
PortlandDawg #1872792 07/28/21 03:56 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Couldn't agree more thumbsup

Homewood Dog #1872818 07/28/21 07:57 PM
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
PortlandDawg #1872837 07/28/21 10:54 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:

Because your science is ill thought. Masks do work for COVID. If it weren’t the case I’d have gotten COVID by now from all my exposure working as a nurse.
Now your hunting neckgaiter, or a bandana, isn’t a mask. It’s a temper tantrum. If people took COVID seriously they would have bought better protection for themselves. I purchased KN95 masks for personal use shortly after the outbreak happened. I still wear one in indoor public settings. I wear KN95 masks for all patient visits, or N95 for known positive cases.
Personal responsibility needs to come into play… but we see where that has gotten us…. A bunch of mask Karens, neckgaiters, bandanas, and exposed noses. So… here we are. Welcome to the Delta variant. It’d love to take up residence to those not willing to protect themselves properly through vaccinations, better masks, and such.
Good luck out there.

I think this is a fantastic illustration of what I've been talking about.

I'd agree that that the N95 masks are effective.

So why is Fauci out there saying BS things like one mask, two mask, etc? Why after over a year and a half even with the potential return of mask mandates has there been no push to get N95 masks out to the public? Its not like any of this is a surprise. Why are the authorities who are touting 'the science' telling people and demonstrating through their own usage of the same nonsense? At least when the cameras are on.

These are largely rhetorical questions, but again it just illustrates a source of hesitance. You're in the med field, perhaps you can answer this for me? Why do hospitals and other corners of healthcare, along with organizations like NIH, CDC, etc have such hard time with breaking that 60% vaxxed rate themselves?

I'm not asking this to be obtuse but I don't have to turn the channel too far to see local reports of vaxx rates on par, or little better than the public average. I haven't had to travel far to experience first hand that the 3 large hospital systems in my area each had/have differing COVID protocols.

So listen to the 'experts'?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DevilDawg2847 #1872883 07/29/21 11:13 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
95% of the hospitalizations are of the unvaccinated and 99% of deaths are as well. So no, I'd say we listen to the people who know less about this virus? It's been working so well thus far. Right?

#gmstrong
DevilDawg2847 #1872897 07/29/21 01:46 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Quote:

Good luck out there.

I think this is a fantastic illustration of what I've been talking about.

I'd agree that that the N95 masks are effective.

So why is Fauci out there saying BS things like one mask, two mask, etc? Why after over a year and a half even with the potential return of mask mandates has there been no push to get N95 masks out to the public? Its not like any of this is a surprise. Why are the authorities who are touting 'the science' telling people and demonstrating through their own usage of the same nonsense? At least when the cameras are on.

These are largely rhetorical questions, but again it just illustrates a source of hesitance. You're in the med field, perhaps you can answer this for me? Why do hospitals and other corners of healthcare, along with organizations like NIH, CDC, etc have such hard time with breaking that 60% vaxxed rate themselves?

I'm not asking this to be obtuse but I don't have to turn the channel too far to see local reports of vaxx rates on par, or little better than the public average. I haven't had to travel far to experience first hand that the 3 large hospital systems in my area each had/have differing COVID protocols.

So listen to the 'experts'?

Some valid questions. I’ll answer a few.
I don’t know why the federal government didn’t push for mass mail outs of KN95 masks after the manufacturing got amped up enough to keep those of us on the frontlines well stocked up. They mailed out checks. A mask or two could have been sent too. I think the federal government was being run by a moron of epic proportions that turned mask wearing political. Sadly by the time the manufacturing caught up there were already mask Karen’s galore. So I doubt it would have been much help.

As to why many in healthcare aren’t yet vaccinated…. I don’t know but have my guesses. Even in my field there are antivaxxers, and more than a few idiots. I guess that falls around 40%.

As to anything else said or not said by the talking heads… I don’t need those people to tell me what I witnessed, or how to protect myself in society. I looked around, did my research, and masked up. I made my own decision to close my social circle. I did what I did, what I continue to do, without outside suggestion or mandate. No one is allowed in my house. I enter no ones house. I mask in indoor public settings. Period. In a couple of years when this thing hopefully burns off or we have incredibly effective treatments I’ll relax my protocols. Until then I don’t want the Delta variant, or any of the coming variants being stewed up in the lungs of science denying dunderheads, in my body. Vaccine or not.

[Linked Image]
PortlandDawg #1872911 07/29/21 03:34 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

As to why many in healthcare aren’t yet vaccinated…. I don’t know but have my guesses. Even in my field there are antivaxxers, and more than a few idiots. I guess that falls around 40%.

Having to answer for all the different pro's in an industry isn't fair, so I'm not trying to get on your case at all. But it was an honest question asked honestly... and your response of up to 40% of the industry being idiots doesn't exactly bolster the argument of 'trust the experts'. Hesitancy (sincere or not) feeds off of this type of confusion and even mistrust.

-PrplPplEater
PortlandDawg #1872915 07/29/21 03:45 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Opinion piece... but some interesting nuggets within. The first one I found to be interesting. There are other breakdowns of the numbers in the article that may or may not be interesting. I also put a quote from UPMC in there that I found surprising.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2...sh=2af3dc72589e

The rate of vaccination is pretty much inverse of the education level of staff. Among practicing physicians, 96% have been vaccinated.* The rate drops to <50% among nurses and even more among aides, especially in nursing homes, even though outbreaks and deaths have been the worst in that setting. Did you know that 40% of COVID deaths were in nursing homes? More than 1500 nursing home staff died as well; an op-ed in the Washington Post says caregivers have the most dangerous job in America. Will mandates backfire and cause an exodus of staff, when there are already shortages?

Interestingly, UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, a vast chain which has bought up rural hospitals throughout PA ), which now owns a hospital in Maryland, declined to do so, stating, “UPMC awaits more data on the efficacy of the vaccines in preventing transmission of COVID-19 before requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for employees.”

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-wont-some-health-care-workers-get-vaccinated-2021021721967

This Health Harvard article is excellent. If I limited to the interesting point I'd still be copy-pasting the whole article.

-PrplPplEater
PortlandDawg #1872929 07/29/21 04:23 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I know that we ramped up production for N95s because I was actually a part of that when DoD helped out DHHS with the acquisition process, because they were overwhelmed.

I don't know if production has been optimized yet. Maybe it has.

You also have the flipside of it where you could essentially buy someone a Ferrari to get them to drive, but they still decide to just walk anyhow.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
dawglover05 #1872931 07/29/21 04:48 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding is that N95's also require some skill/training to use properly. If not, then there's not much benefit to the user beyond what our normal surgical mask would provide.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1872938 07/29/21 06:02 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My understanding is that N95's also require some skill/training to use properly. If not, then there's not much benefit to the user beyond what our normal surgical mask would provide.

The ones I use at work are fit to me. But before we got those we were using ‘one size fits all’ types. There’s nothing fancy about donning one the first time. Wash your hands. Place it on. Wash your hands. To take it off you only touch the strings. We use Tupperware containers. Putting our face/mask into the Tupperware then pulling the elastic strings over our heads and under the bottom side of the Tupperware. Put the lid on the container. Wash your hands. To put it back on remove the lid from the Tupperware and place your face into the mask. Pull the elastics over your head. Adjust by touching only the edge of the mask. Wash your hands.

KN95 masks are simpler to put on. Just use your clean hands. Touching only the ear loops. These masks we place carefully into small brown paper bags. This way they stay ‘clean’ and any moisture from wearing it can evaporate.

I know I was a little hyperbolic with my 40% in the healthcare field are idiots. But as was later posted the numbers go up as the education level in the field goes up. Doctors are vaccinated at a higher rate than nurses. And nurses at a higher rate than CNAs.
I’ll side with the more highly educated.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Covid

Link Copied to Clipboard