Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There is no difference between the Jan 6 rioters and the riots that happened all across this Country last year. All the rioters on both sides should see jail time. Wrong is wrong and none should be excused. The hypocrisy is those going after the Jan 6th rioters were cheering on the riots last summer, and even raising bail money for them.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I completely agree with you. The RIOTERS that participated in riots last summer should be found and punished. I say so with the understanding that not all of the disturbances of that summer were riots, and not all of the participants were rioters. There were peaceful protesters who peacefully protested, and did nothing more. As we saw, there were also people that went there to riot and cause damage. Prosecutors can do whatever they want with them.

Those that participated in the storming of the Capitol all committed at least 1 crime, and should be prosecuted as appropriate.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
There certainly is a difference between the two. One tried to stop our elections from being certified. One attacked democracy as we know it. One tried to stop the peaceful transition of power. There's clearly a difference.

But in regards to punishing criminal activity both should be held responsible for their actions.

But that's what the rallying cry is. "They were the same!"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
You mean what are Tucker’s thoughts on the testimony? Fish isn’t a free thinker.

Well then, this is what fish will probably think (gawd, I hope not):

Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham mocked the harrowing police testimony about the Capitol riot with snickers and a 'best political performance' trophy

*Fox News hosts mocked police officers' testimony at Tuesday's January 6 committee hearing.

*Tucker Carlson snickered at an officer's testimony, while Ingraham gave "awards" for "performances."

*Both hosts selectively used footage to exclude testimony about racial abuse and violence.

The Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham on Tuesday had a decidedly sarcastic reaction to the harrowing testimonies of police officers who defended the Capitol from pro-Trump supporters on January 6.

At the first hearing of the House committee investigating the riot, officers including Harry Dunn, Aquilino Gonell, Michael Fanone, and Daniel Hodges described racial abuse, beatings, and fear for their lives.

Fox News' leading opinion personalities had a deeply skeptical reading of their testimonies.

'Today's best performances'
On "The Ingraham Angle," Ingraham introduced "the Angle awards for today's best performances."

Earlier that day, officers had recalled disturbing experiences of the riot. Dunn, a Black man, recalled rioters calling him racial slurs, while Gonell, an Iraq War veteran, said he had believed he would die during the attack.

Gonell also described rioters using baseball bats, hockey sticks, a rebar, and a flagpole as weapons that day. "No matter if it is a pen, the way they were using these items, it was to hurt officers," he said.

Ingraham's show homed in on the pen comment, displaying a graphic of a trophy with "best exaggerated performance" emblazoned on it.

"The winner is Aquilino Gonell, who thinks the pen is literally mightier than the sword," Ingraham said.

Ingraham also mocked Dunn with a graphic of a trophy that read "best political performance," saying: "The award for blatant use of party politics when facts fail, the Angle award goes to Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn."

Dunn had said at the hearing that while he tried to keep politics out of his job, he mentioned his own vote when he tried to reason with rioters who said Joe Biden had stolen the election.

"I responded: 'Well, I voted for Joe Biden. Does my vote not count? Am I nobody?'" he said. "That prompted a torrent of racial epithets."

Ingraham cut the clip before Dunn mentioned the racial abuse.

She also focused on Fanone - who at one point in his testimony slammed his hand on the podium in frustration - giving him "best performance in an action role."

Ingraham also "awarded" Reps. Adam Schiff and Adam Kinzinger, both of whom reacted emotionally to the testimonies, with "best dramatic performance."

'It's not Fallujah'
On "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Carlson took issue with several testimonies.

At the hearing, Gonell had said in a tearful speech that "on January 6, for the first time, I was more afraid to work at the Capitol than my entire deployment to Iraq.

Carlson responded: "Actually, what happened on January 6, according to the video we do have, does not look a lot like Iraq. It's not Fallujah." He played footage of a relatively quiet segment of the Capitol invasion, with people milling peacefully about the rotunda.

Extensive footage of much more violent moments exists.

Fanone also excoriated the "indifference" shown to officers who defended the Capitol that day. "I've been left with the psychological trauma and the emotional anxiety of having survived such a horrific event," he said.

Carlson outright laughed at this: [embedded video clip]

Carlson went on to suggest that Fanone should have experienced trauma from the protests last year in Washington, DC, when St. John's Episcopal Church was set on fire and officers were hurt.

Carlson and some Republican lawmakers have frequently drawn comparisons between violent Black Lives Matter protests and the Capitol riot, suggesting a double standard in how they have been investigated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-mocked-110027089.html

Anyone who gets their marching orders from these two clowns is every bit as s#tty a human being as they are.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Blue lives only matter when they say, act and think the way they want them to. Just like our military leaders. They're wonderful Patriots protecting our nation right up until they say the wrong thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Growing group of GOP members wants McCarthy to punish Kinzinger and Cheney for joining January 6 committee

A growing group of rank-and-file House Republicans wants House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and GOP leadership to punish Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for accepting a position from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve on the select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection.

The push to seek punishment rose to a new level on Sunday, after Pelosi announced that Kinzinger had accepted her invitation to join the committee. Initially, most rank-and-file Republicans were content to let Cheney serve without much of a fight, but Kinzinger’s addition has changed the conversation and has put a new level of pressure on McCarthy.

While the loudest cries have come from members of the hard-right Freedom Caucus, sources say that the sentiment has started to spread beyond the hard-line crew.

“There’s a lot,” said one GOP member about the push to have the pair removed from their other committees. “Supporting Pelosi’s unprecedented move to reject McCarthy’s picks was a bridge too far.”

Pelosi rejected two of McCathy’s choices last week – Reps. Jim Banks of Indiana and Jim Jordan of Ohio – which prompted the GOP leader to withdraw all five of his picks.

Rep. Scott Perry, a Freedom Caucus member, publicly called on Conference Chair Elise Stefanik to call a special GOP conference meeting to “address appropriate measures” related to Pelosi booting two of McCarthy’s chosen picks from the committee. Some members specifically want McCarthy and Stefanik to push for a vote of GOP members to strip Cheney and Kinzinger, who both voted to impeach former President Donald Trump earlier this year, from their other committee assignments. Stefanik’s office did not respond to a request for comment on Perry’s desire for a conference meeting.

But kicking them off their committees would be easier said than done. While McCarthy could remove Cheney and Kinzinger from their other committees, the Democratic majority ultimately controls committee membership. Appointments to standing committees are privileged resolutions that come at the direction of the caucus. The GOP conference could direct the removal of Cheney and Kinzinger and the resolution would be offered on the floor. Those appointments, under normal circumstances, are generally adopted by unanimous consent. However in this unique situation, a recorded vote could be called and Democrats have the votes to defeat the removal resolution. While Pelosi herself has the power to appoint any member she chooses to select committees, under House rules one party cannot offer a privileged resolution appointing members of the opposite party to a committee.

The scuttle demonstrates how difficult McCarthy’s leadership role remains. While conservatives applauded his decision to attempt to appoint both Banks and Jordan and his subsequent move to pull back all of his choices, they still believe Cheney and Kinzinger need to be reprimanded for not remaining loyal to the conference.

McCarthy’s office did not respond to questions about Republicans pushing him to punish Kinzinger and Cheney.

Sources say McCarthy and GOP leadership have no appetite to get involved in a protracted battle over punishing Cheney and Kinzinger. But when Pelosi first suggested she might appoint a Republican to the committee, McCarthy warned a group of freshman Republican that if one of them were to accept an appointment from the speaker, they should plan on getting all their committee assignments from her. Now members are pointing to McCarthy’s threat and clamoring for action.

“Plenty of people wondering the same things,” another GOP member said. “If they are accepting appointments from Nancy Pelosi rather than the GOP, haven’t they already effectively left? Perhaps they should ask Speaker Pelosi for committee assignments?”

The Freedom Caucus is already pressing McCarthy to file a motion to vacate Pelosi from the speakership. McCarthy has not weighed in on their push, which has no chance of passing. But a Freedom Caucus source told CNN that if McCarthy does not become actively involved in the motion to vacate, that could amplify calls for him to remove Cheney and Kinzinger from their committees, with the group eager to seek payback in some way.

A spokesperson for Kinzinger suggested if McCarthy chose to punish the duo it would be an example of a bigger problem with his leadership.

“It would speak volumes if he took away their committee assignments for upholding their oath to protecting our democracy,” said Maura Gillespie, Kinzinger’s communications director.

Cheney has already signaled that she was not worried about being kicked off committees as punishment for serving on the select committee.

“My oath, my duty, all of our oaths, all of our duty are to the Constitution and that will always be my focus, not politics,” she said after Pelosi first announced her appointment earlier this month.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/politics/...ttee/index.html

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
There is no difference between the Jan 6 rioters and the riots that happened all across this Country last year. All the rioters on both sides should see jail time. Wrong is wrong and none should be excused. The hypocrisy is those going after the Jan 6th rioters were cheering on the riots last summer, and even raising bail money for them.

Who was? Were the peaceful protests being cheered on? Yes. But who was cheering on the riots that happened after the protests? Every person on this board said they should be prosecuted for their crimes.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I'm not a huge fan of Don Lemon overall, but I will say I watched the segment where he had Fanone on yesterday, and I thought it was a very good discussion.

Fanone played a voicemail on it that he received during his testimony. I can't repost the link here because it is horribly offensive. I encourage people to watch that video though.

I don't think there is any getting away from how ugly a certain element, as reflected in a constituency of the HoR, has become.

Did you see the part about him getting a death threat after his testimony? He actually played the tape of it.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Was that the same as the audio they played from the voicemail? If so, yes, I did see that part.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I generally try to be objective and avoid emotion, but that display from both of those personalities is despicability in its purest form.

"It's not Fallujah." Just horrid. Absolutely horrid. The officer didn't even mention Fallujah. He mentioned his time in Iraq. So Tucker twists that into basically saying "Stop being so dramatic. The riot wasn't as bad as the worst battle in the Iraq war."

Let's draw another comparison for context. Imagine if a WW2 veteran was attacked during a riot and said "I feared for my life during that riot more than I did during my entire time in Europe" and some dude just laughed and said "Oh come on! That wasn't D-Day!"

This is an illustration of how I have departed from modern Conservatives/Republicans. It's all about backing an ideal until it becomes convenient to you:

"We have to stick up for our law enforcement and our military......until ugly elements on our political spectrum attack them!"

Unbelievable.

Last edited by dawglover05; 07/28/21 03:13 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Who was? Were the peaceful protests being cheered on? Yes. But who was cheering on the riots that happened after the protests? Every person on this board said they should be prosecuted for their crimes.

Our Vice President contributed money to raise bail for rioters last summer to be released from jail. So did many Demoncrats.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, that's it. The only people who could truly not be outraged by all of this is either people who refuse to listen to it or people in denial. These officers had to fight off a mob trying to overthrow our election process and some wish to either minimize it or belittle them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
...and to think, there are tons of people who are addicted to the noise that falls out of those holes at the bottoms of their faces.

Addicted to poison peddled by these disgusting, loathsome creatures.

Objectivity and restraint is commendable under most circumstances. These two deserve none of either from you. Your disgust is fully warranted and dare I say, even appropriate.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes, that's it. The only people who could truly not be outraged by all of this is either people who refuse to listen to it or people in denial. These officers had to fight off a mob trying to overthrow our election process and some wish to either minimize it or belittle them.

I think most people on the right like myself just want to see the same focus on those rioting in the streets as those that rioted at the Capital. Both were evil acts and should be viewed as evil acts. But, just as the rising crime in large cities are being ignored on the left the rioters last year were given a pass because the coincide with protests they agreed with. Protests are fine but once they cross a line the acts need to be condemned. What happened last year was accepted and what happened Jan 6 was condemned. As a society we should not be picking and choosing what criminal acts are acceptable and what are not.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I hate that that narrative is making its way into providing a counter-current to everything going on with the January 6th investigation.

Adam Kinzinger recently said something which I thought matched my own contemplations, in a more eloquent manner than I could put together:

“Some have concocted a counter-narrative to discredit this process on the grounds that we didn’t launch a similar investigation into the urban riots and looting last summer,” he said.

“I was called on to serve during the summer riots as an air national guardsman. I condemn those riots and the destruction of property that resulted. But not once, did I ever feel that the future of self-governance was threatened like I did on January 6th. There is a difference between breaking the law and rejecting the rule of law. Between a crime, even grave crimes, and a coup,” Kinzinger commented.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kinzinger-defends-lack-probe-blm-181950692.html

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A very short list of things conservatives have put their utmost efforts into canceling, besides the honor of these officers, include the January 6th insurrection, John McCain's honor, Sandy Hook children, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzlinger, non-binary genders, "Happy Holidays!", Star Wars episodes with main characters who are black, ANY black history other than, "MLK was REALLY saying", Stoneman Douglas victims, climate science, trust in medicine, any gun death other than "DEMOCRAT RUN CITIES!!!!", the intelligence of military leaders, the middle class, the idea that justice is biased, Mitt Romney's conservatism, the true meaning of the word "patriot", political discourse, respect for the flag, truth, facts, reality.... so much more.

Is there any policy any conservative has created that has helped a majority of Americans? Please don't say tax cuts.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Republicans were in control of both the White House and the senate last summer. They had the power to hold such an investigation had they so chosen. I'm not really disagreeing that there should have been an investigation but maybe your focusing on the wrong people for not doing so.

Once again you claim it was "accepted". Yet every news channel I saw gave it tons of coverage the entire time. They focused on it, reported it, even to the point that many of the rioters who were arrested were identified by their footage. There were over 14,000 arrests made. That doesn't sound so "accepting" to me.

As much as you would like to portray it as being the same, and when it comes to the crimes committed I would agree, let me point out one huge difference.

You didn't have top democratic officials claiming those weren't riots. You didn't have top democratic politicians claiming the other side was lying to them and robbing them from an election to steal the country from them. You didn't have top democratic politicians fanning the flames and working those during the summer riots into a frenzy.

Republicans had every opportunity to investigate those summer riots. They chose not to. If you think they really had some way to nail any democratic politicians to the wall that they wouldn't have? For that matter, if they knew they weren't complicit in what happened on Jan. 6th, do you think the Republicans in the senate would have voted down investigating Jan. 6th?

As I've said before, I think anyone involved in criminal activity should be investigated, charged, and if proven guilty punished according to the law.

But let's not get lost on who had the power to investigate the summer riots and chose not to. And there had to be a reason or reasons they made that decision.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I hate that that narrative is making its way into providing a counter-current to everything going on with the January 6th investigation.

Adam Kinzinger recently said something which I thought matched my own contemplations, in a more eloquent manner than I could put together:

“Some have concocted a counter-narrative to discredit this process on the grounds that we didn’t launch a similar investigation into the urban riots and looting last summer,” he said.

“I was called on to serve during the summer riots as an air national guardsman. I condemn those riots and the destruction of property that resulted. But not once, did I ever feel that the future of self-governance was threatened like I did on January 6th. There is a difference between breaking the law and rejecting the rule of law. Between a crime, even grave crimes, and a coup,” Kinzinger commented.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kinzinger-defends-lack-probe-blm-181950692.html

Thank you for posting that quote. Keep in mind, this is the same guy that rank-and-file GOP members are trying to get tossed from his committees.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The huge and OBVIOUS difference, there were crimes of opportunity during the summer riots and those criminals should be and often have been held accountable. NOBODY IS FORGIVING THEM. Don't forget those crimes included right wing attacks, the worst included assassinating police officers. Also there were the lunatics who plowed their vehicles into peaceful marches killing innocent AMERICANS.

January 6th was not about injustice. January 6th was a well planned attack on the government provoked by an imaginary (LIE) grievance. The true intent was to subvert the constitution. I remember long ago conservatives on this board repeatedly talking about the founding fathers and the constitution. Now they just repeat the lies they're fed. So sad.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Haha, I know! It's all so crazy.

I hope the dude becomes a Senator.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Telling the truth about something they're tying to whitewash will have that effect. And then they have the gall to talk about cancel culture.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

I think most people on the right like myself just want to see the same focus on those rioting in the streets as those that rioted at the Capital. Both were evil acts and should be viewed as evil acts. But, just as the rising crime in large cities are being ignored on the left the rioters last year were given a pass because the coincide with protests they agreed with. Protests are fine but once they cross a line the acts need to be condemned. What happened last year was accepted and what happened Jan 6 was condemned. As a society we should not be picking and choosing what criminal acts are acceptable and what are not.

Thousands of people were arrested last year during those protests turned riots. Thousands! Most convicted. Give it up. I wanted them arrested. Everyone on this board wanted the wrong doers arrested. Now we want the idiots that tried to stop an election to be dragged through court and made to pay too.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

False narrative. The riot at the capitol should never be equated with the summer riots.

If you want have a separate investigation, so be it. But the two are not related. They are entirely separate issues driven by different causes.

The summer riots were associated with George Floyd and others such as Breona Taylor.

The capitol riots were associated with Donald Trump.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend

There is a clear difference.

Not from the standpoint of what are criminal actions. Anyone who was involved in criminal acts like vandalism, arson, theft, looting and harming others in any city.

Should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

However, in those protests for BLM and other causes not all who attended were involved in anything criminal. Many were peaceful protesters.

Jan 6th. was started as a call to action to overthrow a fair and just election. To change the results of the election and the will of the majority that voted during a valid election.

Those who were there protesting and did not trespass or engage in anything criminal should have nothing to fear.

Those who attacked the capitol violently with the intent to do damage to property and harm members of Congress.
Those who assulted police, stole property and commited crimes.

They are guilty of not only the crimes they committed but of treason. This was not about peaceful protest that turned violent. This was about intent to overthrow the democratic process and domestic terrorism.

There were people there who intended to harm Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi and others.

Not all of them were there to do that. But the ones who charged the capitol. Broke in and were hunting people.

IMO if they have the evidence of those that did that. They could face a firing squad and it would not faze me.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Our Vice President contributed money to raise bail for rioters last summer to be released from jail. So did many Demoncrats.

LMAO Trumpians bailed out a murdering Kyle Rittenhouse, stook up for cops killing POC for no reason, and showed up at protests just to cause problems and start riots. Then they committed acts of terrorism during a Trump led insurrection. So don't even pretend to be on the same level of who's to blame...

The 6th was 100% Trumpian, the 2020 BLM riots/troubles was at least partially on Trumpians, the 2020 2A BS stormings of state capitols was 100% Trumpian, and the 2020 domestic terrorism of threatening to kill or kidnap politicians was 100% on republicans.

Trumpian deflection, distraction, whataboutisms, hypocrisy, conspiracy theories, lies, and propaganda rhetoric is about all the deplorables have left to cling to.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Well, I guess I can take the evening off.

Apparently, there have been plenty of folks who were willing to step up and tell you what I would have said.

I also noticed that Eve "liked" your post, but was smart enough to keep her yap shut, lest she be taken to the school woodshed right along with you.

Smartest PP move she's made in many a week.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
There is a big difference between these types of rioters.

One group was selfish people, trying to take advantage of a chaotic situation and rob people for their own personal benefit.

The other group is more complicated. What they did was more consequential. They weren't going up against the Walmart security gaurd. They were going up against the U.S. Government.
They were likely misguided and definitely delusional, enraged, and reckless. but their actions were also extremely patriotic, selfless, and brave. In their minds, they thought that they were trying to stop a coup that occurred at the ballot box.

Eventhough I do not agree with their actions, and to be clear, I don't agree with them, I feel an odd sense of sympathy for them because they are pawns in a bigger game.

Legend
Legend
Right wing trash... simply put, they are lying.

The officers testified..

The evidence was shown via video.. Tons of videos to be exact. and there are plenty more where those came from.

It would be one thing of there was no video of what the officers were saying. But there is.

Deny it if you wish. But the videos don't lie... it's there in living color...

In the end, the idiots on the right that are saying it wasn't accurate will be shown to be fools for trump.

Just that simple

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:
but their actions were also extremely patriotic, selfless, and brave. In their minds, they thought that they were trying to stop a coup that occurred at the ballot box

They attacked my Capitol.
They attacked your Capitol.
They assaulted Police Officers with improvised weapons, injuring 140 of them.
Officer Fanone's assailants said, "Get his gun... shoot him with his own gun."
They defiled Our Nation's Capitol by erecting a gallows on the steps, and went hunting for American politicians deemed to be enemies of One Man*.

There was absolutely nothing 'patriotic' about these people or their aims.
Nothing.

I don't care that these people were rubes who were lied to by a con man. Being stupid, gullible and violent comes with real-life consequences. Jail and condemnation will make them smarter. If not, we can at least enjoy the fact that their st00pid asses will be removed from us for a time. Addition by subtraction.

They attempted to stop the workings of our nation's democracy.

They are the opposite of Patriots, and our justice system should explain that to them, with precise explicit language. So that they learn from their mistakes, and understand the difference between patriotism and fascism.

I know what you're trying to say. I understood the context you were trying to use. It falls upon deaf ears at my address. This is why:

Patriots don't smear their own feces upon the walls of the nation's capitol. They don't haul Confederate battle flags through the rotunda or vandalize government property that belongs to politicians who were targeted by the One Person* who has their loyalty- laws be damned.

Patriots.
Unbelievable.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

False narrative. The riot at the capitol should never be equated with the summer riots.

If you want have a separate investigation, so be it. But the two are not related. They are entirely separate issues driven by different causes.

The summer riots were associated with George Floyd and others such as Breona Taylor.

The capitol riots were associated with Donald Trump.

I suppose if you look at it from the demonstration where Trump actually attended, you could draw a better parallel. The people that showed up to that but then did NOT follow the crowd did nothing wrong. Peaceful protesters. Of that (I assume) larger group, the subset that then marched on the Capitol, forced their way in injuring guards, chanting to hang the current VP, constructing a gallows, and rushing an office that held Congress-people and was being defended by Secret Service had (all of them) committed at least 1 crime.

If you were to look at it that way, then I suppose you can draw a parallel between the two.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Huh????

You mean the Stop the Steal rally where he told them to go to the Capitol and the riots ensued? The rally where Trump told them he was going, and then went back to the White House to watch it all unfold?

Never in a million years.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Huh????

You mean the Stop the Steal rally where he told them to go to the Capitol and the riots ensued? The rally where Trump told them he was going, and then went back to the White House to watch it all unfold?

Never in a million years.

+1.

We all saw what happened... with our own eyes.

We all know who did this.
We all know why they did this.

Legend
Legend

Precisely Clem.

I could not have said it better.

Legend
Legend
Kinda makes you wonder, will the leader of this cult be held accountable?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm just saying if people are so hell-bent on drawing a parallel between Jan6 and the summer demonstrations, then that's a way. There were people that showed up to the rally but didn't follow it up with attempted coup. Those people did nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I find this disturbing on multiple levels.

1st, Who warned him? How did they obtain their information?

2nd, Why was Brooks the only one privy to this information? This person knew how to contact Brooks, he could have figured out how to contact the FBI

3rd, What did Brooks do with this information? Obviously he found it credible enough to wear body armor. Who did he share this information with? What did they do with it?

4th, Why is he unwilling to share his source?

Only posted the summary but click the link for the whole article because it seems like yet another article where the author had to acheive a certain word count.

GOP lawmaker Mo Brooks says he wore body armor at the January 6 Trump rally and was tipped off to 'risks'

Vanessa Gu
Thu, July 29, 2021, 2:51 AM

Mo Brooks told a reporter he wore body armor to the pro-Trump rally that preceded the Capitol riot.

He said he also slept in his office instead of his condo after being tipped off about "risks."

It's unclear where he got the warning and whether he told other lawmakers about it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-lawmaker-mo-brooks-admits-065139003.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I do believe one of the things that went into Jan6 was a whole bunch of intel that something could go down, but it wasn't treated with the right level of seriousness. There was a disconnect between the intel gathered and the preparation and response on the part of Capitol Police, etc.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1st, I don't know how anyone didn't see this coming. Even a large number of us on this football message board saw it coming. A number on here even talked about making sure they had guns to protect themselves if things got out of control. I bought a bulletproof hoodie as a just in case. If we all saw this coming, how could those who's job is to be prepared not see it coming?

2nd, How could we have been so unprepared? Who was responsible for making these kind of decisions and why did they make the poor choices that they did?

These questions most certainly need to be looked into by the committee as part of their investigation.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend

We deserve answers. 911 was investigated.

This was a planned attack. It was not unknown. It was common knowledge.

How was this event not prepared for?

Many people in charge of security were well aware. How and why was the capitol not secure?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout

Link Copied to Clipboard