Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I'd be glad to talk about that in another thread.

Go ahead if you wish. My comments were more food for thought rather than some attempt to deflect or change the subject.

Carry on.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Never said they were. Start another thread and I’ll participate.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m posting this article in this thread, although it touches on the concerns with both sides. I think it expresses a sentiment that I have have felt and puts it into words in ways that I could not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-republicans-determined-distort-truth-210617113.html

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1 anthropogenic climate change
2 race relations
3 Covid 19

The greatest failures of “conservatives”

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lin...election-2021-7

I cannot begin to describe how excited I am to witness a 'Cyber Symposium' put on by the pillow guy.

lol ok,, now that is just funny rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

2 race relations
3 Covid 19

200,296 Americans have died from COVID-19 since President Joe Biden took office.

Everywhere you look, Barack Obama presided over the deterioration of race relations in America.

"The Democratic Party’s Two-Facedness of Race Relations"
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-democratic-partys-two_b_933995

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Everywhere you look, Barack Obama presided over the deterioration of race relations in America.

Yes when scum like Rush started calling his wife a man and other such disgusting garbage. It was the right melting down over being presided over by a black man that got the entire race thing heated up. Not President Obama himself.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:

Yes when scum like Rush started calling his wife a man and other such disgusting garbage. It was the right melting down over being presided over by a black man that got the entire race thing heated up. Not President Obama himself.

That stuff did happen and the memes are still being shared today. They are disgusting and nothing that had happened before makes any of that ok.

However, Obama wasn't innocent in playing the race card. Very early on he injected himself and race into a traffic stop of a professor of his from Harvard. He blamed the cop in something he had no first hand knowledge. He had the summit at the White House to try and smooth it over.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Trump supporters were out there calling black capital police officers the N word and he's tying to flip the scipt. Luckily most people aren't that stupid.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

2 race relations
3 Covid 19

200,296 Americans have died from COVID-19 since President Joe Biden took office.

"The Democratic Party’s Two-Facedness of Race Relations"
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-democratic-partys-two_b_933995

Don't forget the author's byline at the very top:

The Relentless Conservative, Contributor
Father, successful entrepreneur, accomplished and award-winning writer

Just another Trumpian.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've been giving a lot of thought to what Republicans have actually become in 2021... I see 4 groups on the right now and all conservatives/republicans seem to fall into one of them.

1) Everything Trumpers - For this group the sun rises and sets in Trump's ass. He can do no wrong in their eyes and they will do anything for him.

2) Q Trumpers - Just like the first bunch but so far gone that anything makes sense that allows them to keep the delusion going. These people can not be reasoned with in any way.

3) Moderates in - Republicans that are hanging onto party ties but hate what is going on in the party. These are the people most offended by being labeled racists, fascists, white supremacists, bigots, and traitors even though they see it as plain as day all around them and just refuse to acknowledge being a part of it. They blame the extremist far right but don't do a damn thing to separate themselves from the insanity or take any kind of personal responsibility for the state of the country.

4) Moderates out - Republicans that have left the party or are calling the rest out for either being idiots/ridiculous or doing nothing/not speaking up to help fix the country.

In a nutshell this is what republicans have become and they can each identify who they are with this IMHO. Sometimes the distinctions between them are subtle but they are there nonetheless.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:

That stuff did happen and the memes are still being shared today. They are disgusting and nothing that had happened before makes any of that ok.

However, Obama wasn't innocent in playing the race card. Very early on he injected himself and race into a traffic stop of a professor of his from Harvard. He blamed the cop in something he had no first hand knowledge. He had the summit at the White House to try and smooth it over.

I don't think anyone thinks that Obama was innocent of a little race baiting.. He's made snide remarks with a smerk on his face.

But in terms of being racists (in reverse) I don't' think he was.

But when comparing him to say someone like Trump, Obama is Mr. Perfect by comparison. At least Obama never tried to over throw the government in order to win an election.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
WhattaboutWhattaboutWhattaboutWhattaboutWhattabout...

TRUMP!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
WhattaboutWhattaboutWhattaboutWhattaboutWhattabout...

TRUMP!

Tell me if I lied?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
rofl

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Using a whatabout in a thread that is actually about Republicans? Maybe the whatabout came when someone started talking about a democrat in a republican thread. Think for a change.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Blah, blah, blah... go beat your dog or something.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Waaaah... I'm sure beating your dog may be a solution for your problems but I do not share many of your views. That being one of them. What I said is true. I know how much the truth bothers you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
remember the thread/post about what and how people behave? what was the item number for people who would rather double down even when they know they were wrong, than admit they were wrong?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
John Wayne Gacy would be a good babysitter, at least he's not Jeffrey Dahlmer. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
A
Legend
Legend
A
You, and a few others, make it impossible to have a political discussion because it CONSTANTLY turns into a "Trump this, trump that" thread. And then an argument.
I'm sorry you can't see it, but dude, a whole lot can.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Looked to me like he was beating a dawg.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Looked to me like he was beating a dawg.

Legend
Legend
rofl

So, did I lie?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
rofl

So, did I lie?

Here, I'll try to guide you through this...

If you ask: "Who was the greatest QB of all time?"

And I respond: "Water is wet!"

It's not an issue of whether my response was "a lie". If I constantly respond to conversations with nonsensical answers that have nothing to do with the conversation, eventually people will laugh at me -- just like I'm laughing at you.

So, since you're so adamant at calling me out... Please tell us all what "Trump tried to overthrow the government" has to do with Obama race-baiting?

I'll wait.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You are trying to compare two things that are close to being the same. That doesn't apply here.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You are trying to compare two things that are close to being the same. That doesn't apply here.

smile

I could dump my used motor oil in the ocean and it's OK, because the Exxon Valdez was way worse than anything I'm dumping.

Better? wink

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You compared two mass murderers. As of now we have at least a decent human being in office. Mass murderers aren't decent human beings. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Biden fan. But anyone trying to compare the two as being anywhere close to the same is way off base.

The Republicans should do a better job than running a crap human being and even you know that.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You compared two mass murderers. As of now we have at least a decent human being in office. Mass murderers aren't decent human beings. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Biden fan. But anyone trying to compare the two as being anywhere close to the same is way off base.

The Republicans should do a better job than running a crap human being and even you know that.

Comparing them to Biden or Trump wasn't the point, it was about trying to point out something really bad just to make the argument for something else better. Whether true or not, if one can't make a point without lowering the bar, is one's point really worth considering?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't think lowering the bar is something we have much control over. IMO the bar has been being lowered since JFK was assassinated. Let's face it, neither Ike nor JFK could be elected by their respective parties. And look at the rhetoric and fighting between the two parties. There are no more discussions about actual policy issues anymore.

Look at wages. The bar has been lowered on the middle class to the point it's constantly been shrinking for a long time now. Our current society is being built around lowering the bar.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
At least we aren't paying $20/lb for bacon. wink Yet.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Give it time. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
rofl

So, did I lie?

It's not an issue of whether my response was "a lie". If I constantly respond to conversations with nonsensical answers that have nothing to do with the conversation, eventually people will laugh at me -- just like I'm laughing at you.

So, since you're so adamant at calling me out... Please tell us all what "Trump tried to overthrow the government" has to do with Obama race-baiting?

I'll wait.

In other words, I didn't lie, you know I didn't lie. You just don't like the truth..

Got it

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
NOBODY EVER SAID YOU LIED.

CAN YOU EVEN READ???

Legend
Legend
NOBODY EVER SAID YOU LIED.

CAN YOU EVEN READ???

So I told the truth and you laughed it off.. Got it

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Here, we'll try this again, maybe you can answer the question instead of acting like you're five years old...

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
You, and a few others, make it impossible to have a political discussion because it CONSTANTLY turns into a "Trump this, trump that" thread. And then an argument.
I'm sorry you can't see it, but dude, a whole lot can.

You posted this in a thread titled "What Republicans Have Turned Into Numéro Trois". You do understand that Trump is a republican and that is what this thread is about, right? Try to keep up.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Pit, any chanceyou and your lefty Buds will get over Trump in the near future? He was a jerk but he got stuff done. How about Biden? He and his evil minions have turned all of Trumps good deeds to crap. Talk about the mess he has made at the Southern border, inflation, gas prices, crime is out of control, murder and Rape is way up especially in Blue cities.This woke stuff is nuts.

I would take a couple of mean tweets anyday over Joe and the Ho. Put your mask on and quit whinning lefties.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Ah, so the Trump minions call the current VP a ho while expecting us to stop?

I guess you forgot all those summer riots that you then claimed were out of control under trump no longer count.

When Biden ratchets up the lies that leads people to attack our Capital and attempt to overturn our election process, let me know. Until then you can save your self righteous BS.

Trump is still out there spreading the election lies that caused Jan. 6th. He's still controlling your party and still holding rallies. When he stops get back to me. At that point I'll consider what as of now is your one sided view of things.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What I wouldn't do for a mean tweet and cheap gas!!! Or cheap anything anymore. Biden's America is turning into everything being over priced and no one wanting to work. Nice!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans Have Turned Into Numéro Trois

Link Copied to Clipboard