Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Mark Meadows says Trump meeting with ‘cabinet members’ despite not having a cabinet

Donald Trump may no longer be president, but his allies are still acting like he is as he plots his political comeback, saying he’s been taking meetings with his “cabinet” officials in preparation for a potential 2024 presidential.

“We met with some of our cabinet members tonight,” Mark Meadows, his former White House chief of staff, told Newsmax on Friday.

“We actually had a follow up member meeting with some of our cabinet members and as we are looking into that, we are looking into what does come next. I’m not authorised to speak on behalf of the president, but I can tell you this: we wouldn’t be meeting tonight if we weren’t making plans to move forward in a real way with president Trump at the head of that ticket.”

The Trump loyalist also insisted the former president is “fully engaged, highly focus, and remaining on task,” and that “the magic is still there,” even though one of Mr Trump’s recent political endorsements in a Republican runoff race fell flat.

Earlier this week, Texas state representative Jake Ellzey defeated Mr Trump’s preferred candidate in a special runoff election for Texas’s 6th congressional district, following the death in February of Ron Wright, who had contracted Covid.

Mr Trump had endorsed Susan Wright, the late congressman’s widow, and backed her with a robocall and $100,000 ad buy from an associated political action committee.

After the events of 6 January, the briefly chastened president went quiet for a few months, before blasting back onto the national stage this summer for what was dubbed his “revenge tour,” his first series of post-2020 campaign style rallies. The events took place in Ohio, Florida, and Georgia, and often involved the former president going after GOP lawmakers from those states who backed his impeachment and boosting their opponents.

At the rallies, Mr Trump returned to his thoroughly debunked claims that the 2020 election was “rigged.”

“We’ll never stop fighting for the true results in this election,” the former president said at one event. “I’m not the one trying to undermine American democracy. I’m the one that’s trying to save American democracy,” adding, “Who the hell knows what will happen in 2024? We’re not going to have a country left. If we don’t figure it out, we won’t be in a position to win in 2022.”

Throughout the year, the ex-president has sought to cast himself as a kingmaker within the Republican party, and has frequently issued threats and condemnations towards fellow GOPers, to mixed success. Some party members ignored his calls to oppose the recently advanced bipartisan infrastructure package, which Mr Trump called a “loser for the USA.”

“It is a loser for the USA, a terrible deal and makes the Republicans look weak, foolish and dumb,” Mr Trump said of the infrastructure plan in a statement, adding, “Don’t do it Republicans – patriots will never forget. If this deal happens, lots of primaries will be coming your way.”

While the former president has stopped just short of formally announcing a 2024 run, one thing is certain: we’re going to be hearing from him a lot more between now and then.

https://news.yahoo.com/mark-meadows-says-trump-meeting-193458662.html

Their answer is we should all just be quiet about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Dude, you and a few others do it in EVERY thread.

Biden this..........well, Trump////// To me, and possibly many others, you have become a joke of a poster. 2 faced, speaking out of both sides of your mouth, constantly.

I have this thing called a job, so I can't reply to your every post - that in and of itself would be a full time job.

So, you and your unlimited time (and no hobbies, apparently) can go on being .......you. You have, almost single handedly, made the PP forum unreadable.

Thank you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
They are attempting to run a shadow presidency. My Pillow guy is still trying to say Trump will be reinstated this month. They are all nuts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
jc

again, we got people telling others to get over trump when the people they elect still take orders from the very person.

its clear that the MAGA hatters don't live in the same reality as the rest of us. if they did, the stupidity and hypocrisy wouldn't be on constant display.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Dude, you and a few others do it in EVERY thread.

Biden this..........well, Trump////// To me, and possibly many others, you have become a joke of a poster. 2 faced, speaking out of both sides of your mouth, constantly.

I have this thing called a job, so I can't reply to your every post - that in and of itself would be a full time job.

So, you and your unlimited time (and no hobbies, apparently) can go on being .......you. You have, almost single handedly, made the PP forum unreadable.

Thank you.

I understand that you and others want to forget Trump and his idiot minions... Of course

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Thanks for your concern. I spend a few hours a day going between this board and other sites posting. I do understand that reading things that make you uncomfortable bothers you. I understand that "a few of you" do not like my posts.

If it would actually be a full time job replying to my posts, you really need to work on your typing skills.

The fact all you can do is attack and add nothing of substance in your posts make you the joke. Sadly you just can't see that. Obviously after reading the post I'm currently responding to it's obvious I live rent free in your mind. You really need to work on that.

NEXT!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Okay, lwl. you have failed at 'running me off', as your ego tells you you have the power to do. Joke?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yes, as of quite some time ago I've considered you a joke. So the feeling is mutual. I don't try to say, "Yeah but in my neighborhood" as some evidence of what's going on in the entire country.

You really need to come up with some new material.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm sorry your ego gets in your way. I speak of which I know. you speak of which you are told, in your 'research'.

There's a difference. Sorry you can't see it. Go ahead, have the last word. (oh, I'm GLAD you consider me a joke. It means you can't handle a different opinion. And that is well known.)

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FATE
NOBODY EVER SAID YOU LIED.

CAN YOU EVEN READ???

Forget it man...some don't even know the meaning of the word. In order to lie, you have to knowingly say something that is false. If they are ignorant and say something false or utter nonsense, they are just fools.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: FATE
NOBODY EVER SAID YOU LIED.

CAN YOU EVEN READ???

Forget it man...some don't even know the meaning of the word. In order to lie, you have to knowingly say something that is false. If they are ignorant and say something false or utter nonsense, they are just fools.

And how many times have you done that lately?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/c

I could have posted this in the January 6th thread, but I think it is more appropriate here discussing how shameful the Republican party now is.

A very good read. Happy to hear posters refute any part of the article they disagree with. Of course if you can't do that, feel free to dismiss everything because a left leaning paper wrote it - that would be much easier and in complete alignment with what the article highlights.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/05/us-capitol-attack-republicans-trump-fallout

Last edited by mgh888; 08/05/21 06:12 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yes, you "know" of "your neighborhood", which reflects a small percentage of the big picture. Searching out the facts is learning. Sorry you can't comprehend that when one has such a narrow view. I've learned a lot from several posters. Including but not limited to people like DC Dawg. He too looks at things big picture. He brings facts from research he has done.

That's how people expand their world and see things as they are and not represent the world from a microcosm. Never did I ever think someone would actually ever try and paint a picture where learning things outside of their little world be painted as a bad thing. But here we are. wink

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
rofl You "learn" from the sources that say what you like.

I learn from reality, here, and elsewhere.

Go ahead, larry, have the last word.

(oh, for the record, I'll be out of town this weekend, so if I don't reply, don't let it go to your egotistic head that you 'ran me off')

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I learn from varying sources. You learn from your "neighborhood" and act like that reflects the nation and the planet.

To you learning is laughable. Like i said, only someone like you would try to paint learning and expanding your world to be a bad thing. But then the boy in the bubble seems to be your mantra.

I'll pray for you arch. You obviously need it.

You whole Larry bit has gotten stale. You would think in all this time you could have used your imagination to come up with some new material. But alas I forgot, you only listen to those in your neighborhood for your information.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
He does what he does.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And you do what you do. "I don't read links".

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I didn't really know where to put this one

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news...ina/5507110001/

Protesters object to Buncombe County Schools' mask mandate, attempt to 'overthrow' board
Shelby Harris
Asheville Citizen Times

After an unruly audience forced the Buncombe County Board of Education to call a recess during its Aug. 5 meeting, a group of parents opposing the district’s mask mandate “overthrew” the current board and instated themselves into the positions.

Roughly 30 people signed loose-leaf paper claiming themselves “witnesses” of the new school board.

“They acted as a dictatorship, and so therefore, the people then take it into our own hands to abolish that governance and reelect new members right then and there,” the group's leader Stephanie Parsons told the Citizen Times.

Buncombe County Schools attorney Dean Shatley said the group’s actions “unequivocally” do not mean the current school board is out of office.

“I know they’re very passionate and care a tremendous amount about what they were here to speak about, but what they did has no authority under the law,” he said.

Buncombe County Schools Superintendent Tony Baldwin speaks at a meeting with the Buncombe County Board of Education on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
This is the second time protesters have interrupted school board proceedings this summer. During a June 3 meeting, board Chair Ann Franklin suspended public comment due to unruly crowds outside the building.

School board changes:Buncombe County Board of Education to change meeting rules after disruptions

This time, the protesters’ fury was sparked by the board’s vote to continue its mask mandate into the 2021-22 school year.

At a specially called meeting at 10 a.m. Aug. 5, the school board voted 4-2 to require all staff and students who do not show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine to wear masks while in school buildings and on buses. No public comment was permitted during the specially called meeting.

Nearly three dozen speakers took the podium holding signs stating, “let our children breathe,” “our kids, our choice,” and “the fake vaccine is the plandemic.” Many wore black T-shirts emblazoned with “unmask our kids.”

Buncombe County parent Stephanie Parsons speaks at a meeting with the Buncombe County Board of Education on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
Among the public commenters was 11th District Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who told school board members they should be “ashamed of themselves” for continuing to require face coverings.

More on Cawthorn:Republican Rep. Madison Cawthorn deletes swastika tweet after criticism, media questions

Cawthorn scolded the school board for voting on the mask mandate before community members were able to weigh in.

“You have muzzled (parents’) voices just as you have muzzled our children,” he said. “You passed this mask mandate without input from those who hold you accountable because you knew it was wrong. You knew it would never withstand the scrutiny of the public. I’ve witnessed swampy backdoor tactics from corrupt bureaucrats in Washington D.C., but what you have done here puts that all to shame.”

Only one speaker took the microphone in favor of wearing masks in Buncombe County Schools.

Victoria Hoyland, who has a first grader at Johnston Elementary School, voiced approval of mask mandates — even encouraging the school board to require vaccinated students and staff to wear the face coverings as well.

“I want this to be over and to stop wearing masks as much as anyone in here, but we have to protect our kids and our community,” she said. “Masks protect others more than the wearer, so my daughter wearing a mask will not provide her adequate protection. I’m asking the board and Buncombe County to help me protect my daughter.”

After an unruly audience forced the Buncombe County Board of Education to call a recess during the its Aug. 5 meeting, a group of parents opposing the district’s mask mandate “overthrew” the current board and instated themselves into the positions.
But the majority of the speakers chastised the board for requiring face coverings.

“Whoever votes to mask our children this school year, you’re all criminals and should all be in jail for child abuse,” speaker Vivian Gonzalez said. “And (Amy) Churchill, I am so looking forward to seeing you behind bars.”

Masks in schools:Asheville City Schools to require masks at start of school

Each of the comments, which took two hours, was met with erupting applause from the audience.

The school board reprimanded the crowd only once — when several audience members booed Hoyland, who backed mask mandates.

AC Reynolds volleyball coach Lori Ledford speaks at a meeting with the Buncombe County Board of Education on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
Board members made only one decision regarding COVID-19 protocols during the Thursday evening meeting. A 5-1 vote — Churchill in opposition — determined that student athletes participating in fall sports would not be required to wear masks during “intense” physical activity.

“I think it makes excellent sense in terms of the health and safety of our athletes in indoor sports,” BCS Superintendent Tony Baldwin said. “This will be an area that we constantly have to monitor.”

'Sense of urgency': COVID-19 surge spurs new recommendations in Buncombe

Despite the wave of opposition at the school board meeting, unvaccinated students and staff will be required to wear face coverings when classes start Aug. 23. Per a vote in the specially called meeting, board members will revisit the mask mandate as case numbers increase and decrease in Buncombe County.

Legend
Legend
These people are wacko. They’ll sacrifice their own to make a political statement. And I’m betting some of these people don’t even have a child in the school.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Taking over government bodies seems to be becoming more and more popular over the rule of law and the democratic process for many people these days. Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Morons.. You'd think that the most important thing for these parents is the safety and well being of their kids.

Unless they have serious background in Medical or science, they have no business acting like Trumplicans.....IDIOTS

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
They "overthrew" the board... Should have stopped reading there. Uneducated idiots... MaH rIgHtS!

O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
GOP chairwoman: Trump 'still leads the party'

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/566873-gop-chairwoman-trump-still-leads-the-party

Conservatives need to stop accusing others of talking about trump when their own party and leadership can’t and won’t stop talking about him either.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Wow,, that guy is nuts..... Yikes

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That is the scariest thing I have ever seen in American politics.

I would challenge anyone to draw the lines between what it means to be conservative and what it means to be pro-Trump. I think many believe he espouses conservative ideals, but I really don’t see it.

I think Ben Sasse and Adam Kinzinger do…but look where that got them with the deviation of the pro-Trump faction.

This could go one of two ways, and one way is very, very bad.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but man do you have to look REALLY hard to find an actual conservative with an 'R' next to their name.

Maybe it's the same case with the left... they're all politicians first and then people with actual beliefs second... but I don't think you can find a better example of this than the current republican party.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You nailed it. That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

i tried to give dude the benefit of the doubt and think he was just trolling libs.

but then when you go through his twitter feed and everything else, its hard not to come away with the conclusion that he really wants this to happen.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

i tried to give dude the benefit of the doubt and think he was just trolling libs.

but then when you go through his twitter feed and everything else, its hard not to come away with the conclusion that he really wants this to happen.

Well if he finds another person to believe him, a charge of sedition could apply. That is pretty dangerous language… Does treason fit? All that is apparent is that what is being suggested violates the first and 14th amendment, and probably any amendment involving voting? Property and military service for voting…. Sure….

Normally we would just pass this stuff off as crazy talk, but no longer.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

F
Legend
Legend
F

This is the kind of crap that never helps the situation. If someone calls you a dumbass for believing something, most likely you will go on the defensive rather than listen rationally to their reasoning.

Both sides do it, and neither one is right. Both side act like immature children way too often.

On a side note, last night I heard on the news that "Only 50% of the population has been vaccinated" I stopped on thought to myself, that just a couple weeks ago they were complaining that only we only reach 60% or something. So how did we go down.

Then I realized they are changing the narrative to get attention. Rather than reporting we are at 70% of adults vaccinated, they decided to start including kids in the numbers that currently are not cleared to get vaccinated, there by reporting the 50%.

To me this is misleading and a big reason why people don't believe/listen to things, because the narratives and numbers are changed to add sensationalism to the report. In a time like this, they should be straight forward and just report the facts, and stick to a line or at least report multiple data points to keep the perspective that they started with.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well said.

Sensationalism definitely plays into it. I get caught up in that dynamic myself a lot, often regrettably so.

It is interesting to ponder the rhetoric often used. To your point, someone using attacking language has rarely, genuinely convinced someone else to say "Oh, you know what, that's a good point. Thank you for helping me see it that way."

I think the sensationalism more serves to reaffirm one's own beliefs, and/or galvanize the like-minded people who are listening. Or, the sensationalism is just a sign of frustration altogether (which is where I'm often guilty).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Originally Posted By: Swish

Well if he finds another person to believe him, a charge of sedition could apply. That is pretty dangerous language… Does treason fit? All that is apparent is that what is being suggested violates the first and 14th amendment, and probably any amendment involving voting? Property and military service for voting…. Sure….

Normally we would just pass this stuff off as crazy talk, but no longer.

No, we can't let it slide anymore. We've seen what happens when you let people like this get away with it.

I'm not for fighting with my fellow Americans but these people aren't real Americans. If they were, they'd know there is a right way and a wrong way within the law to effect change. Insurrection is the wrong way.. without a doubt.

These people are who, without a doubt, are being crippled by the criminal mind of a narcissist and a group of people most likely fed by foreign entities that want to see America implode.. Ask yourself, who would benefit most from America falling apart?

It's just my opinion, but the one person that is behind the entire Q phenomenon is probably Putin.. at the very least, he's bathing in delight over what it's doing to America and American lives.

Who would you expect Putin and his kind to blame for all that is wrong with America? Of course, he'd blame anyone that stands up to him and his kind. That means Biden, Pelosi etc etc.

I guess I'll get told how wrong I am. I expect it..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I think it's most certainly signs of frustration. I know I'm sick of having to wear a mask again after being vaccinated because of much of the ignorance that surrounds me.

As for Florida's comment about saying these type of things being counterproductive in persuading people to get vaccinated. I don't really disagree with him, but at the same time if those people could be persuaded by facts or common sense, they would have been vaccinated by now. So I don't see how those who have gotten frustrated over time will have any impact on them.

Only Aunt Mary dying or one of their kids going on a ventilator at this point will make any difference to them. And with some, they're so stupid even that wouldn't matter.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sadly, I think you are correct. I think there is a place for fire and eviscerating rhetoric, too, but I think that should be directed toward those with the actual malice, those who are "shepherding and driving the sheep."

They won't change either, but they are deserving of all the backlash they receive. If it wasn't for people like MTG, Ted Cruz, DeSantis, Alex Jones, etc. then the blind followers wouldn't be screwing things over for themselves and for the rest of us.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
People make the choice to follow their rhetoric while ignoring actual health experts and actual data. We are all held accountable for the choices we make and the consequences of those choices IMO.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think it's most certainly signs of frustration. I know I'm sick of having to wear a mask again after being vaccinated because of much of the ignorance that surrounds me.

As for Florida's comment about saying these type of things being counterproductive in persuading people to get vaccinated. I don't really disagree with him, but at the same time if those people could be persuaded by facts or common sense, they would have been vaccinated by now. So I don't see how those who have gotten frustrated over time will have any impact on them.

Only Aunt Mary dying or one of their kids going on a ventilator at this point will make any difference to them. And with some, they're so stupid even that wouldn't matter.

Actually my comment wasn't necessarily in context of people getting vaccinations, but more a point of the media pushing narratives and sensationalism, and then wondering why people don't believe what they have to say, in many matters, not just COVID, vaccinations, etc.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't disagree with that in the least.

From my perspective, it becomes more about how do you engage those people. If someone is a loyal follower of someone like, say, Tucker Carlson, and you call that person an idiot for watching Tucker Carlson, you probably have a greater chance of reinforcing that person's following of Tucker Carlson.

I think some of the logic behind that is that people like Carlson (or Maddow to be fair) paint those outside of the echo chamber as rage-filled, irrational, extremists. So, if the first thing displayed is anger, belittlement, or rage, we feed into that narrative.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans Have Turned Into Numéro Trois

Link Copied to Clipboard