Next Thread
Print Thread
#1877998 08/25/21 11:02 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I/we have talked about this game before. It seems to go through cycles every 2 years or so when the content/updates go from real good to bad and back again.

Right now they're in the meat of some great content. I'm really enjoying playing this game. The gameplay was always really good (I'm not a PvP'er, and the state of that side of the game is a different story), and what's going on in terms of story and characters is really REALLY good. As such, engagement has been really high. The clan I'm in has seen the highest level of consistent participation I've ever seen since I started playing with the same group of people all the way back to Destiny 1. There are things going on that keep people engaged, which helps to have more people to play with which is critical to a game that largely dependent on playing alongside others.

They just kicked off a new season of Destiny with a content drop, and a major part of this update was the addition of cross-play. There are specific rules in place depending on activity, but XBox-PS-PC Destiny players can now all play together.

So with that in mind, I'm putting out an invitation for people playing Destiny or looking to pick it up and are looking for a clan. We are mostly on Xbox (again, now it doesn't really matter), and we're very chill but active. There are a couple people that no-life this game, but we're mostly working folks who play as often as our responsibilities allow.

If not, just wondering how many people here do play and your thoughts on the game thus far.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1881815 09/10/21 03:15 PM
Legend
Legend
I've played this one a bit, and the storyline really drew me in at first, but then it kinda of just hit a point where it seemed the story evaporated and I didn't feel like there was any real way of progressing it, and my interest waned. Since then, I've moved onto Division 2 and more recently, Valheim, but I may be interested in giving Destiny 2 another look.

How many players from a clan can play together at once? Like, do you group up, or is it kinda free-form, or what?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PrplPplEater #1881817 09/10/21 03:16 PM
Legend
Legend
p.s. it's Bungie, and they are Gods when it comes to games and storylines. Before Halo, there was Myth (and before that, Marathon which begat Halo). All had one thing in common: superb story immersion.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PrplPplEater #1881834 09/10/21 03:47 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I've played this one a bit, and the storyline really drew me in at first, but then it kinda of just hit a point where it seemed the story evaporated and I didn't feel like there was any real way of progressing it, and my interest waned. Since then, I've moved onto Division 2 and more recently, Valheim, but I may be interested in giving Destiny 2 another look.

How many players from a clan can play together at once? Like, do you group up, or is it kinda free-form, or what?

Story was definitely pretty bad at certain spots. They clearly are marching to a plan in terms of revealing the story, and they're starting to string together seasons in a row where things are interesting enough to keep you coming back each week. They're really nailing this new seasons model they're running right now. The story bits are generally tied to a seasonal activity, and sometimes those aren't good enough to stay interesting over a whole season, but the last couple have been good. This one has been excellent, and the last one was good enough and ended REAL solid.

The game is best played with others, but pretty much anything can be solo'd (especially if you're jumping back in and trying to catch up). I think they do a good job of keeping things accessible to solo players even though the game is geared to multiplayer. Being part of an active clan is the way to go, and makes grouping up pretty seamless.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1881845 09/10/21 04:32 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
yeah i've been back and forth on it since it came out, I wish they would take a page out of WoW and have better ways to upgrade/craft and have a decent auction house. The looking for group and matching making is getting better but still not there, but I do love most of the story lines. I was thinking of getting back into it to see how far behind i am..lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Destiny 2

Link Copied to Clipboard