Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I show them the law suit where FOX News uses the defense of "no reasonable person would believe him".

But let's be honest here, nobody that still takes Tucker Carlson or Rachel Maddow as some reliable source for late breaking news is going to be convinced otherwise at this juncture.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if the discrepancy is that sometimes they report those that are fully vaccinated and other times include any one with at least 1 vaccination.

Don't know but that could be 1 explanation

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I thought of that myself. Looking at these statistics show a stark difference between the two and often times you will here either and or both reported.

There have been 352 million doses given yet only 167 million fully vaccinated. 50%8 percent fully vaccinated.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=USA

I still don't think that covers the margins Florida posted however.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
jc

this might as well be me arguing with some of you guys on this board:

and i know the utah state rep really does feel like this is the right thing. he's probably a good dude.

but for whatever reason, they're not having the same conversation.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O

Dumb as hell, that is what GOPers have become.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
saywhat
Exploding birds.... wth

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sounds zaney, but it's happening. On a much smaller scale, however.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-solar-bird-deaths-20160831-snap-story.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
Mike Lindell is going to end up broke, much like Giuliani. Not sure what he thinks is the end game. He's delusional.

Used to think it was a grift. This can't be profitable any longer. His Cyber Symposium was nearly empty.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He should stick to selling pillows.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Tony Baker at the 1:18 mark agrees!

Legend
Legend
Makes me wonder if the railway industry used birds flying into plane engines during takeoff as evidence that we gotta do away with the technology and stay with trains.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
GOPers will do anything to taint the alternate power industry.. they are so in the pockets of big oil and big energy..

Trumpians have proven they will lie and mislead people just to make their owners happy...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Here is a perfect example of how woeful the GOP is right now and what they have become due to the infection of Cult of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/13/dan-crenshaw-heckled-bobby-piton/

Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw told supporters Trump lost to Biden. The Republican was heckled and called a RINO.

Crenshaw is not a RINO and he's telling the truth. But neither is Liz Cheney a RINO and she also was telling the truth. They are a sick group of individuals at the heart of this - totally oblivious to truth. In fact they I believe they deliberately avoid the truth when it comes to the last election.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/13/21 10:25 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
The Mojave desert solar array is different in that it uses mirrors to focus the sun to a tower that has a steam generator in it, not solar cells collectors.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is pretty wild, and I would not want to be in the line between the mirrors and the collector.

It's about 40 miles south of Las Vegas just over the California line.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
FCC looks to fine conservative activists $5 million for false mail voting robocalls

The calls lied about mail voting in the run-up to the 2020 election.

The Federal Communications Commission proposed a $5.1 million fine against conservative activists Jacob Wohl and John Burkman and J.M. Burkman & Associates for making 1,141 unlawful robocalls that made false claims about mail voting, the agency said Tuesday.

“Did you know that if you vote by mail, your personal information will be part of a public database that will be used by police departments to track down old warrants and be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts?” the call said, before also erroneously claiming the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention might use such data to enforce mandatory vaccinations.

Thousands of voters received such calls in New York, Ohio and Michigan, according to state prosecutors, who say it was an attempt to suppress Black voters. The activists face criminal charges for their role in spreading the disinformation, and New York Attorney General Letitia James is attempting to force the men to pay up to $2.7 million in penalties for the calls.

The FCC said the calls in question were made between Aug. 26 and Sept. 14, 2020, to 1,141 wireless cellphone users who had not expressly consented to the calls, which is a violation of federal law.

This is the largest robocall fine ever proposed by the FCC, the agency said. Wohl and Burkman identified themselves on the call, used Burkman’s cellphone number as caller ID and admitted under oath that they created the calls.

The men are notorious for several failed schemes to smear the political rivals of former President Donald Trump.

Many states expanded mail voting to keep voters safe during a deadly pandemic, but Trump and other conservatives baselessly condemned it as ripe for widespread fraud and discouraged it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electio...voting-n1277569

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/25/21 05:09 AM.

Legend
Legend
Why must people lie like this..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think we know the answer... what I don't get is why he used his own cell# and stated his name.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's a good thing he was stupid or he may not have been caught.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Because they are clinging to a platform, much of which, doesn't resonate with a majority of people. And rather than re-draft the platform to come into the 21st century, they have chosen a different tactic.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Because they are clinging to a platform, much of which, doesn't resonate with a majority of people. And rather than re-draft the platform to come into the 21st century, they have chosen a different tactic.

Which has been mostly ambidextrous... with both sides also determined to ride the wave of hate until it fizzles out. Our politics make me sick to my stomach.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Legend
Legend
F
Our politics are working exactly as they intend them to, keeping us fighting each other, so that we will not unite and challenge those in charge.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Our politics are working exactly as they intend them to, keeping us fighting each other, so that we will not unite and challenge those in charge.

No truer words ever spoken around these parts. thumbsup

Legend
Legend

they are not making us do that. we are choosing to do that. So who is at fault?

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
They know how to incite the masses, they have made careers out of it.

Legend
Legend
They aren't inciting the masses though, they are inciting the fringes.. the masses are just watching in disgust and not doing much about it.

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
I get what you're saying, and when I say incite the masses, I don't mean pitchforks and torches, I mean the insults and demeaning comments, I'm right, your wrong attitudes based strictly on which side of the aisle one stands, even if you're just standing slightly off center.

Just look at this forum. Most of these posters are probably good natured folks in general social settings, but bring politics into it, and the good manners go out the window.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I actually think that you are both right. I think that they are igniting the fringes, and the problem is that the fringes are getting bigger and more vocal. I wouldn't say that the masses are watching in disgust, but they're yelling at the fringes to stop being idiots, rather than yelling at the politicians. Either way, we've all been had by very adept political ploys.

We need to find some way to flip the script, against the Matt Gaetz, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, etc. types. They need to be confronted somehow (and I don't know how) as to where they went wrong and what they are actually doing. When they respond with the normal blame game, it needs to be about "No, you're talking about other people. What have you done? How have you strived to make things better? Let's look at this bill you passed and what's in it. Why did you advocate for X, Y and Z. How does this help."

Fantasy world I know, but I can dream.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You are pretty much correct..

As to what to do about it, conventional wisdom says to vote them out... so while congress has run at historically low approval ratings as a group, most incumbents still win. So the people must have the mindset that "overall congress sucks, but my congressperson isn't the problem".. what other explanation could there be?

And since most congressional districts tend to stay red or blue... you need to unseat an incumbent in the primary, which is painfully hard to do since most Americans are too busy to be concerned with congressional primaries.. most are also more comfortable with the devil they know than the devil they don't know.. so it's easier to vote for name recognition. And my final point, if you are represented by one of these do-nothing, road block, asshat congressional reps and a reasonable person runs against them in the primary, they will convince many people they are a rino or a neo-con or some other thing that is "sympathetic" to the other side and won't fight hard enough..

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Those are good points.

I think the problem therein lies that if you vote someone out, your only realistic alternative is someone else who will probably be just the different side of the same coin.

Edit - sorry I misread your statement on the primary. Yeah, the problem nowadays is that if you're not extreme enough, or if you're willing to work with the other side for the most part, then you're considered a pansy and nobody will like you, despite the fact that's pretty much how a democratic-republic works at its core.

Last edited by dawglover05; 08/25/21 03:23 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F

As to what to do about it, conventional wisdom says to vote them out... so while congress has run at historically low approval ratings as a group, most incumbents still win. So the people must have the mindset that "overall congress sucks, but my congressperson isn't the problem".. what other explanation could there be?

And since most congressional districts tend to stay red or blue... you need to unseat an incumbent in the primary, which is painfully hard to do since most Americans are too busy to be concerned with congressional primaries.. most are also more comfortable with the devil they know than the devil they don't know.. so it's easier to vote for name recognition. And my final point, if you are represented by one of these do-nothing, road block, asshat congressional reps and a reasonable person runs against them in the primary, they will convince many people they are a rino or a neo-con or some other thing that is "sympathetic" to the other side and won't fight hard enough..

It's partly why I think the whole election process should be overhauled, starting with max spending amounts including boosters and 3rd parties during campaigning.

Put everyone on the same budget, and they may, not guaranteed, be more likely to spend more effort into campaigning instead of mud slinging.

Campaigning should not run for more than 3 months prior to the first primary date.

Then we need to hold the media responsible for irresponsible reporting. There should be requirements that any media clip contains full context of any phrase or comment. no clipping sound bites.

I know it's all a pipe dream. But I'd be just as happy if the only election coverage we got was a monthly bulletin in the mail about each candidate, what they believe and where they stand.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That would certainly be a great start. That would also require overturning Citizens United and making lobbying illegal. With Citizens United you have in place a law that permits such election funding abuses. That's a big hurdle to overcome. Then there are the side deals that give jobs or titles to retired and former politicians that line their pockets after leaving office for furthering the causes of special interests.

The entire system, not just election laws would need to be overhauled. The biggest hurdle being those that write and vote on such laws stand the most to gain by not changing them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree with you and Pit.. the biggest hurdle is that the politicians in office stand the most to gain by keeping it the way it is.. and they are the ones that would have to vote to change it. It's just like congressional term limits..

And no matter how you tried to change it, it would be extremely messy. Heck it's hard to even define who "the media" really is these days since they have been overrun with talking heads, pundits, bloggers, youtubers, twitterers, etc. who all want to spew their opinions with zero accountability. And it seems the louder and more obnoxious the opinion, the larger the following..

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I get what you're saying, and when I say incite the masses, I don't mean pitchforks and torches, I mean the insults and demeaning comments, I'm right, your wrong attitudes based strictly on which side of the aisle one stands, even if you're just standing slightly off center.

Just look at this forum. Most of these posters are probably good natured folks in general social settings, but bring politics into it, and the good manners go out the window.

Now don't go lumping me in with those good natured people...

Legend
Legend

It's partly why I think the whole election process should be overhauled, starting with max spending amounts including boosters and 3rd parties during campaigning.

Put everyone on the same budget, and they may, not guaranteed, be more likely to spend more effort into campaigning instead of mud slinging.

Campaigning should not run for more than 3 months prior to the first primary date.

Then we need to hold the media responsible for irresponsible reporting. There should be requirements that any media clip contains full context of any phrase or comment. no clipping sound bites.

I know it's all a pipe dream. But I'd be just as happy if the only election coverage we got was a monthly bulletin in the mail about each candidate, what they believe and where they stand.

I like some of your ideas about campaigns.. No more outside money.. Everything is paid for by us. That way, the only people they are beholding to is us. That would be a detail mess,, but it can be done I'm sure.

Another thing,, NO MORE LIES... You get caught lying or misleading, you lose your campaign funding.. wouldn't that be sweet...

Term Limits.. Oh yeah, way past their time. If you are in office now and you have already served two terms, you can't run again,,, you are done. If two terms are good enough for President, (actually I think the limit is 10 years) congress should be no different

I would guess that unless you don't think you can win in this type of system, you'd be against it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Only because of gerrymandering, which should be outlawed.

It is a disgusting tactic used by both parties to game the system. A bit more popular on the right, but now the dems are wanting to pick it up.

Simple explanation in a hypotheical 50/50 split with 20 Districts.

Your side is structured to 58/42 that way you seat is fairly safe.

The other side 5/95 in the opposite direction.

So if there are 20 districts, you go from 10/10 to 15/5.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Appeals court upholds death sentence in Charleston church shooting

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...church-shooting

Legend
Legend
Disgusting that this pig is still breathing air, but what does that have to do with republicans?

O
Legend
Legend
O
He's a white supremacist... We all know which party they have adopted. Plus it happened about the same time as the Charlottesville thing where the people on both sides were "good".

Legend
Legend
Quote:
And it seems the louder and more obnoxious the opinion, the larger the following..

#click-basedalgorithim

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What Republicans Have Turned Into Numéro Trois

Link Copied to Clipboard