Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
What a game between OU/Texas

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Texas A&M up 24-10 over Alabama, almost halftime

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
OU v Texas game was very good.

One of the best games I've seen!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Texas A&M up 24-10 over Alabama, almost halftime

Heck of a game so far... not sure A&M can hang on...

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Utah is not going to bet USC!
They are up 35-10 but it's in the 3rd. USC is going to kick their tail from here on out. Watch!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
They are up 35-10 but it's in the 3rd. USC is going to kick their tail from here on out. Watch!

you truly have the most fascinating posts....

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Utah won 42-26 by the way. USC musta had two 8 point tds. but lost by 16 it wasn't close, they were trying onside kicks unsuccessfully, from the 10 minutes to play mark down 35-10 iirc.
Utah had not won in Los Angeles since 1916.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well. You’re at least consistent. You’re as wrong in this forum as you are in the political forum.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Alabama goes down!!

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Texas A+M should have been in the playoff last year.
Texas A+M knocks off the #1 ranked, previously, team, 41-38.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Something tells me Bama is still going to be in the final 4 at seasons end.

Side note...Iowa. I have always liked them, why, I couldn't say. At any rate, fun game last night. I hope they continue to roll.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Saban owned it afterward. Tide will roll in on practice this week, I suspect. Good fort the Buckeyes!

O — H! nanner thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Something tells me Bama is still going to be in the final 4 at seasons end.

Side note...Iowa. I have always liked them, why, I couldn't say. At any rate, fun game last night. I hope they continue to roll.

I lived in Cedar Rapids IA from the ages of 2-10. My parents have friends there that are huge Hawkeye fans. I’ve always rooted for them unless they are playing OSU. Ferentz is a good coach, always seems to have a descent team without getting the 5 star recruits.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jaybird

You spelled "completely ignorant" wrong. laugh

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: jaybird

You spelled "completely ignorant" wrong. laugh

LMAO... honestly made me laugh out loud....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just noticed there’s a game on tonight (TUESDAY!) … i love in the middle of the season when we start getting these Tuesday/Wednesday night games between smaller schools. It makes the week go quicker

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Is #2 Iowa the most over ranked team in history? They are down 24-7 to Purdue with about 7 minutes to go. Is David Bell really this good? 11 catches 240 yards. Might be an interesting late 1st early 2nd round pick if we decide to move on from OBJ.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Is #2 Iowa the most over ranked team in history? They are down 24-7 to Purdue with about 7 minutes to go. Is David Bell really this good? 11 catches 240 yards. Might be an interesting late 1st early 2nd round pick if we decide to move on from OBJ.

• Academic All-Big Ten.
• First-team All-Big Ten.
• Started all six games.
• Had a team-high 53 receptions for 625 yards and eight touchdowns on the year.
• Recorded four 100-yard receiving games.
• Had a season-high 13 receptions for 121 yards and three touchdowns vs. Iowa on Oct. 24.
• Caught nine passes for 122 yards and a touchdown at Illinois on Oct. 31.
• Finished with nine receptions for 78 yards against Northwestern on Nov. 15.
• Had eight catches for 104 yards and a pair of touchdowns at Minnesota on Nov. 20.
• Caught four passes for 68 yards and a touchdown vs. Rutgers on Nov. 28.
• Finished with 10 receptions for a season-high 132 yards and a touchdown vs. Nebraska on Dec. 5.

• Big Ten Freshman of the Year
• First-team Associated Press Freshman All-American
• Honorable mention All-Big Ten selection.
• Named Big Ten Freshman on the Week a school-record-tying four times.
• Appeared in all 12 games, making nine starts.
• Tied for the Big Ten lead with 86 receptions for 1,035 yards and seven touchdowns.
• Caught at least one pass in all 12 games.
• Had three carries for 12 yards and a touchdown on the year.
• Hauled in a 49-yard touchdown reception for first collegiate catch at Nevada on Aug. 30.
• Caught four passes for 82 yards vs. Vanderbilt on Sept. 7.
• Caught one pass vs. TCU on Sept. 14, but missed the majority of the contest after getting banged up.
• Returned to action vs. Minnesota on Sept. 28 and caught eight passes for 114 yards.
• Had three receptions for 56 yards at No. 12 Penn State on Oct. 5.
• Earned first Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors after catching nine passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns vs. Maryland on Oct. 12.
• Repeated as B1G Freshman of the Week at No. 23 Iowa on Oct. 19, finishing with 13 receptions for a season-high 197 yards and touchdown.
• Had five catches for 18 yards and scored on a one-yard rush vs. Illinois on Oct. 26.
• Scored the game-winning touchdown on nine-yard end-around rush with 1:08 remaining vs. Nebraska on Nov. 2. Caught seven passes for 23 yards in the game.
• Garnered third Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors after catching a season-high 14 passes for 115 yards and a touchdown at Northwestern on Nov. 9.
• Repeated as Big Ten Freshman of the Week at No. 14 Wisconsin on Nov. 23, finishing with 12 catches for 108 yards and a touchdown.
• Closed out freshman campaign with nine receptions for 136 yards and touchdown against Indiana on Nov. 30.

https://purduesports.com/sports/football/roster/david-bell/10852

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Oklahoma beat TCU 52-31, as freshman Caleb Williams passed for 295 yards and 4 TDs. Kennedy Brooks followed up his 271 yard rushing performance against Texas with 153 yards on 20 carries and one TD.

Legend
Legend
Looks like Spencer Rattler and all of his NIL deals are on the bench from now on

1 member likes this: jfanent
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
You probably always liked Iowa football because in all my watching them for years, they almost always, I mean the closest to 100% of the time out of maybe any team you can name, play sound football.
I mean, they line up in traditional formations, and make sound plays for the game situations.
That doesn't mean they were ever good, or talented, or dominant, or tough, but dang they are always sound!

They always play basically, do the edges need held? yep they held the edges, did the safeties need to be in position, yep they kept them in position. Do you need to see basic football, from a couple different formations? Yep, they do basic well.

With 3 star guys? Oh ya! 3 star, 2 1/2 star guys. Basic, sound, football, with 2.5 star guys, That is Iowa, that has been Iowa for many+ years.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Michigan State takes out Michigan in a great game.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Big game coming up tonight ..

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Ohio State Buckeyes beat the Penn State Nittnany Lions 33-24 improving the rivalries record to 20 wins to 8 losses in the Buckeyes favor since the latter team joined the Big 10 in 1993. (Now, technically one of those wins in 2010 by the buckeyes had to be vacated.)

In the 1980's we used to watch the buckeyes struggle through playing the entire 9 of other big 10 schools every year. To face every big 10 school from back then, proved a big order; especially because the coaches gained a familiarity with the other teams styles.

Legend
Legend
Bucks struggled with PSU’s DL, but I thought our pressure on defense really changed the game

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Ohio State got Jobbed by the Referees in the game they won today over the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Here's what happened. Early, Way early in the 2nd half. Nebraska was punting, (in a game the refs hadn't effected up to that point too much.) and!! (punting because nebr sucked.) and!!
Ohio State got a call, they said punt catch interference against Nebraska, now the tv tried to say you can't be inside one yard, and in front of him, and the others said, well, "he didn't touch the player," but
What was the freaking result??

A stupid punting Nebraska team that had done nothing all day because they suck, had the Buckeyes start their drive, at the buckeyes own 25 yard line instead of the buckeyes own 10 ish yard line after the 15 yard penalty. ( and keep in mind the TV said it was a correct call because the dude got withing one yard and right in front of him. So!!

The Fallout, the dolt Nebraska fans booed for 8 minutes, real time no matter what happened. and the buckeyes made a lot of positive plays. Buckeyes would have scored on that drive with correct officiating.
Including a caught pass at the 50 yard line. But... what happened???

The officials, who had Nebraska fans mad at them, gave Nebraska a make up call.
and the officials gave Nebraska a 2nd make up call. I think one of those was to negate Ohio States 30 yard positive play.
and the 2nd was to Give Ohio State another 20 yards to go play because the guy winked at the other guy.
he winked at him.

That's 2! 2 make up calls. So It's still Ohio States ball, and they probably get the first down AGAIN!
AND THEN, there was another make up call.
and then Another make up call, and Ohio State had to punt, now... All 4 of those calls, were NOT based on what actually the facts would show, but what the refs, and Nebraska fans would have wished would have happened.

Then, it's the later drive, and Ohio State is (because they see this is clearly bull ) OSU is dominating them on the defense, and holds Nebraska to 4 negative plays on offense, Then,
out of nowhere, they refs threw Another Make up call, against the buckeyes, for (standing still in the red zone) or something, I thought it was legal play, but whatever it gave the nebr. dolts a first down.

Then, Nebraska hits on a big play, because everyone was like, What the heck happened that call was so stupid.
Then next play Nebrask scores, should be enough make up calls, right? No.

On the Next drive, The Refs, Give Another make up call, and Ohio State can't even stand still without the refs screwing them.
Then the Buckeyes get the first down anyway on a 20+ yard gain.
Then next play. Another make up call by the refs, and they weren't actual penalties, and weren't based on facts.
so.
the next play, the Buckeyes, Get a 35 yard pass to the Tight end I've not heard of, and the Ref, says No he's out of bounds, but he was clearly in.
So, 10 seconds later they review it, and it clearly shows he made a catch, to give the Buckeyes a first down in field goal range.

Clearly, so, ... The Refs see this, but say, "Not today buckeyes, no catch" . So then, after getting 3 plays over 30 yards on the drive the Buckeyes had to punt.

then on the next drive, the Refs throw a flag because the Nebraska Sideline came onto the field, and both refs, nodded, in discussion,
but then the head ref, he shook his head, and said, " uhh, no foul" .

then the buckeyes still had to overcome another make up call and still got a field goal, and then stopped the loser Nebraska who played very poorly all day from getting points because they missed their field goal set up by the make up calls.

Then with about 4 minutes to play, the Refs finally went back to being neutral observers and let the teams play, and the Buckeyes kicked the cornhuskers into oblivion again.

But the Bottom line is. The Referees Biases against Ohio State today, probably, easily Swang the Scoreboard
10 points in to nebraskas favor
in a game
Where Ohio State won, ended up winning by 9.

Refs screwed the Buckeyes today.

Legend
Legend
Every time I watch PSU I think they should be better than they are

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Schaudenfreude as Spart-y falls at purdue.

And Purdue is dumb for and should not be allowed to introduce dying childrens' medical wards into a football stadiums whole scenario but
the team rushed the field,
it's official Mchican Stat Spartys went all sparty at Purdue and lost by 11.

the fans rushed the field, it looks like the purude fans are celebrating another, if you build it they will come trophe or something.
They didn't win any championsip.

Legend
Legend
I know one thing: if I were a top 5 team I would not want to play at Purdue lol

Legend
Legend
Good start for the Bucks. Up 42-14 with 7 minutes left in the 1st half.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
How quickly has Texas gone downhill?!?

That Baylor game was incredible!

And how about that 62 walk off FG in the Texas Tech game and then the hail marry in the South Dakota game?!? Talk about poor clock management at the end of that game by SDSU

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
CJ Stroud rewriting the Buckeye record books. OSU up 49-0 at the half vs Michigan State. 8 possessions, 7 touchdowns and a kneeldown to end the half. Stroud broke the consecutive completion record with 17 straight, tied the most TD passes per game at 6. In the first qtr, he was 16-of-17, 241 yards, three touchdowns. At the half, he's 29-of-31 for 393 yards and six touchdown passes. This isn't against a MAC or Division II school, this is against the #7 team in the country that beat Michigan just 2 weeks ago. Chris Olave also broke the all time Buckeye TD reception record with his 35th.

Last edited by jfanent; 11/20/21 03:00 PM.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
3 members like this: BustkeviousMingo, FATE, archbolddawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
It certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

3 members like this: BustkeviousMingo, Pdawg, jfanent
D
Legend
Legend
D
I had been hoping that WR Chris Olave might fall to our 1st round pick, but that seems less and less likely each week.

Legend
Legend
From CBS Sports "Best College Football Bets" tongue

The Six Pack: Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Oregon vs. Utah among best college football bets in Week 12 - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...g-best-college-football-bets-in-week-12/

No. 7 Michigan State at No. 4 Ohio State: One of the more interesting parts of this week is the look-ahead factor. Not only is next week the final week of the regular season, but it's rivalry week. I don't know if you've heard about it, but Ohio State has a rather big rivalry with Michigan that's important to them. Perhaps this is why the Buckeyes have failed to cover a spread in their last seven games ahead of the Michigan rivalry (last year's game was canceled).

When you look at that trend and combine it with the fact that this spread seems pretty disrespectful of the Spartans, it's hard not to lean Sparty's way. I know we took Purdue and got burned by the Buckeyes last week, but head-to-head results aside -- it works both ways, Spartan fans -- Michigan State's a better team than Purdue. Plus, after watching Ohio State play with its food far too often, I'm not ready to buy the idea that it's suddenly flipped the switch because it pounded a Purdue team coming off a huge win. I mean, Purdue did still score 31 points in that game.

While Michigan State's defense gives up a lot of yards, it tightens up in the red zone, which happens to be an area the Ohio State offense has struggled most of the season. The Buckeyes win, but not nearly as easily as the spread suggests. Ohio State 38, Michigan State 24 | Michigan State +19

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 YEARS!

It's the week of the Ohio State xighican game.

Legend
Legend
Wow, what a beat down today

Legend
Legend
#3 Oregon crushed by Utah!

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jc

I’m calling in for a friend…..is Ohio State still “re-building”? No, seriously….are they? I mean….they lost to the Ducks …. rolleyes

SMH

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 11/21/21 12:38 AM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football scores.

Link Copied to Clipboard