#1878581 08/27/21 01:49 PM
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Ski says he plays!

On a side note, I'll be at the game. Row 8 behind the Browns bench. If I can get any good pictures, I'll share them.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finally! Took long enough. I hope someone else plays with Baker.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think they're going to line him up on the field by himself. A one man wrecking crew if you will.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think they're going to line him up on the field by himself. A one man wrecking crew if you will.

Asymmetical warfare. I like it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, I presume this means our starting OL will be in there as well.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Well, I presume this means our starting OL will be in there as well.
In Bitonio's presser on 8/25 he said "for the lineman, if your quarterback is playing, you're playing." (About the 1 minute mark.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLR39LX0SQ&t=64s

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would rather he not play. To me the downside of him getting hurt is not as great as the upside of him knocking a little rust off.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I would assume starting OL win play unless any are still recovering from injury.

Listening to CBD seems like it will be one series and done. Good.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I love offensive linemen. At least ours. Totally honest, unscripted, and honest. hard to find that anymore.

Legend
Legend
I probably would not play him or the 1st string offense. Just my personal preference

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
I've seen this movie too many times.

I 100!!!! Percent! BOYCOTT! THIS! GAME!

Boycott NBC for showing it. Boycott any sponsors who advertise in it.
No! It's Brutal.
Is it a dycotomy? I don't know the definition of dichotomy, is that the situation where, I agree with SuperBrown who said "mark my words" that not playing the starters in the preseason would hurt the team against Kansas City,

and also
Think NO BROWNS PLAYER OR COACH SHOULD GET INVOLVED IN THIS GAME, They shouldn't even travel.

, Dude, I'm not the ONLY ONE who has seen this movie before!
It is almost like a collective consciousness thing, it's almost like the whole fan group knows. Not only, do the fans on here know and start adjusting their conversations based on the hinge point in the space time,
but the Media also.

Because, Everyone, will look back on this game, as the turning point of the outlook of hope, for season expectations, based on the devastating injury,(s), about to happen in this game.

Don't blame me. I 100% boycott this game, because of this, not even 96% but 100%.
No Starter, should play. No Backup should play, No coach should coach in it either. There are 95 Browns or recent Browns who should NOT play in this game.

Because Nothing good can happen. and We've all seen this movie before.

The Murphys Law is so Ripe with the Stench! of the Expectation of devastating, season ending injury, that I think we can collectively, even name the player.

I won't because, that'd be a devastating read. Law of averages, in all these years I've never seen the team this healthy heading into the opener, what could go wrong?
One more Preseason game? Noooo!!!!

NBC deciding who you play because they want a 1 percent jump in their ratings? (Head coach said, NBC wants him to keep it a secret on who of the starters besides Baker will also play...)

NBC can bite a donut. the entire preseason structure can fall off a truck also. They Should Not play this game!
None of em!

Wha, " What are you scared?" they'll say?
I've never, in over 30 years, remember a season they were this healthy going into an opener.
They were this healthy going into, an "almost" opener, but not the final stretch, before the opener,
Like 16 times!! in 40 years, give or take.

100 percent boycott. So! words of emphasis, not worth it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the heads up. Now I know it will be live on NBC so I can watch it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Would you be willing to do us a favor and extend your boycott to Dawgtalkers until the game is over? Please and thank you. brownie

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
Would you be willing to do us a favor and extend your boycott to Dawgtalkers until the game is over? Please and thank you. brownie

STOP IT. If he boycotts, how the heck will we know which 38 players need to be cut??

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I would rather he not play. To me the downside of him getting hurt is not as great as the upside of him knocking a little rust off.

I’m with you on this one. Before the playoff game, we practiced once in two weeks. We didn’t have any problem getting up to game speed when we hammered the Steelers.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend

Having coached baseball at somewhat of a high level there is something I learned.

Coaches know. They are so much more in tune with the individual players with so much additional information at their disposal.

I don't question their judgement.

It is fun to second guess. Many think they know the right play to run. Or, what player to draft. That is all part of the fun.

But when I listen to Mary K and the others debate about who should play or not play.

Please.

The Browns staff has a plan for every player. They know their health. They know where they are as far as what they need to know. They know who needs reps or not.

All of that is measured against risk.

I saw Mahomes and Josh Allen play. Coaches make those decisions.

If it was decided that none should play. I would have accepted that as well.

There is always risk. Players can be injured at practice just as easily. It is a random thing in football.

I hope no one gets hurt. And I hope there is some benefit gained by those who play.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The Winning Mix: 3 keys to success against the Atlanta Falcons

Baker Mayfield will make his preseason debut in the finale on Sunday Night

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/the-winning-mix-3-keys-to-success-against-the-atlanta-falcons

The Browns are 2-0 in the preseason thanks to a quality operation from the second and third teams as the vast majority of starters have yet to see the field. That will change this week when QB Baker Mayfield and some select starters will get their first preseason action against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday Night Football. The Browns are hoping for some quick, safe and quality work for Mayfield and the select starters en route to a third straight preseason win.

1. Baker's 2021 Debut
We do not yet know how much of Mayfield we will see against the Falcons or who will join him on the field, but the fact that the Browns' franchise quarterback will take the field is exciting to say the least. The Browns will be looking for a clean operation in terms of pre-snap penalties and turnovers while Mayfield is leading the team. The hope would be for one or two successful drives that result in points. Mayfield finished out the 2020 season with 20 touchdowns and just two interceptions from the opening drive of Week 7, will hopefully carry that efficiency into Sunday Night Football and then straight into the season opener in Kansas City on Sept. 12.

*2. Raw Power on the Defensive Interior *
If last week against the Giants were any indication, the Browns may have some very strong and talented players in their defensive tackle room. Fourth-round pick Tommy Togiai did 40 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press and held the point of attack all day long against the Giants. Former second-round pick Malik McDowell was impossible to miss against the Giants, as he tossed linemen around and wreaked complete havoc in the Giants backfield. McDowell would record two pressures, one sack and completely blew up the Giants two-point conversion attempt en route to earning PFF's highest defensive grade of the game for the Browns. Last year's third-round pick of the Browns, Jordan Elliott, led the Browns with four quarterback pressures, notched a sack and posted the second-highest defensive grade for the team.

3. Ground Game Dominance Again
One week after picking up just 29 yards on 22 carries against the Jaguars, the Browns got their ground game going in a major way against the Giants. In the second preseason game, the Browns ran the ball 25 times for 163 yards (6.5 yards per carry) and a touchdown. John Kelly led the way with 58 yards and a score on nine carries, while the ever-reliable D'Ernest Johnson got the start and picked up an explosive 36 yards on four rushes. Demetric Felton posted 25 yards on eight carries in his running back debut and will look to have an even more efficient game on Sunday night. A strong ground game will keep the clock moving and keep the offense efficient, which is exactly what everyone wants in the preseason finale.

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C

Good thing Dobbins got to knock the rust off.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Who is behind the decisions all around the league for starters to play in these final preseason (TRASH) week games.

I'm worried, some Nefarious, moraly wrong, interest of some stock holding faceless corporation, is Dictating that starters play so they can drum up interest in these meaningless putrid games.

There is nothing, no thing on earth that is gained from these games.
Every roster decision? is already finalized, I'm pretty sure teams had them figured out weeks ago, and the first 1 or 2 preseason games just reinforced their deisions.
This final game? Nothing! Not even necessary.

No benefit can happen. Only 2 outcomes, 1 nothing, or 2 the tragedy of injuries.

So NObody should be playing! Which Shouts the question, because every body is playing, WHO IS BEHIND THIS?
It has got to be big money! and TV broadcast interests. It is the only answer that makes any sense.

The Game doesn't count on the record, the game is useless.
If Nobody on earth watched, it would be the Only way to stick it to these big money interest dictators.

They should already be gameplanning against Kansas City, who has already finished their 3 trash weeks, and I'd bet is currently gameplanning against the Browns. thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I lean in this direction, as well.
Here's what I'd like to know: will Baker be playing behind The Union, or the guys we've been seeing? I'd feel a lot more comfy if our #1's were out there with him. I couldn't care less who catches his passes or takes his hand-offs. I just need to know he'll be protected while he's out there.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sucks for Dobbins. I saw the speculation on PCL. I feel like that’s the one ligament out of the four that we probably hear about the least (in terms of injury).

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I might have to adjust my keepers in one of my money leagues and stick Gus Edwards back on the keeper list. I will have to monitor this. I have until 10 PM tonight.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Do we know if the first team OL is going to play tonight? (I’d assume they will if Baker is playing)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Thanks for the heads up. Now I know it will be live on NBC so I can watch it.

same... I don't typically watch pre-season games unless I'm working them... I'll probably catch a little bit of the game tonight since Baker is playing...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Tretter maybe the only guy not to start.

IMO. That could be because he doesn't want to play and they want more reps to see who should be the backup.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Of course a coach knows his players. What no coach knows is who is going to tackle those players, what angle they will be hit and whether they will sustain an injury on the field.

When you put a player on the game field, whether they get injured or not is nothing more than a crap shoot.

It's a call I'm glad I don't have to make. But then that's why NFL HC's make the big bucks. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Amen.

I remember in Atlanta the week before the season at practice Jamal Anderson made a cut in practice. Bam knee gone.

Brady played this week. It is a crapshoot.

Somebody gets hurt and will be sad.

In the end. A coaches decision.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's exactly the way I see it. I can see points on both sides of the debate among the fans. Both for playing and not playing. I must say I will enjoy seeing our first string take the field.

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
injuries happen at practice just as in games. Time to see the starters.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

Amen.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

To the quarterback?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL...You never give up.

Legend
Legend
What the hell are you talking about.. I'm watching the game.... And I'm having a ball..

Guess I'm not part of the cancel culture..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Good thing our first team looked crisp and got out

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just glad they got a little real game action. I still think they needed a little more.

O
Legend
Legend
O
To my eyes, it looks like there was some pent up excitement/jitters/eagerness that they needed to get a couple bad snaps out of the way and settle in. When they did that the offense MOVED.

Nick Harris wasn't impressive, IMO.

I think/hope the defense just needs a certain # of snaps to come together. You can see flashes of really good play indicative of the quality and quantity of talent we brought in, but you also see remnants of the issues we had previously (can't stop the run, or the big chunk pass plays).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Atlanta Baker will play on Sunday

Link Copied to Clipboard