Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
So business owners should also be able to decide if they want to let homosexuals, latinos or others in right? Discrimination is discrimination.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Nobody "has to". Just like nobody who owns a business "has to let you in". Life is full of choices. The problem starts when people think they're the only ones who have a choice.

Are you sure that's how you wanted to phrase it?

I mean, I think I get your point, but....."nobody who owns a business has to let you in" might be wrong. One need only look at bakeries, for example.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The courts upheld the bakery. There is now a legal precedent. I wasn't crazy about the decision because I saw it as sexual discrimination. But because there is no right to prevent sexual discrimination, it is now the law of the land.

What I find even more amazing is that those who stood on the side of the bakery are actually now throwing a tantrum over businesses having the right to refuse service to those who are actively neglecting health measures to keep those around them safer. I mean people may not like serving the gay community but as far as I know they aren't going around spreading an airborne virus that is killing people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
12 plants for personal use?! Man, done right, outdoors, that’s easily 8-15 pounds. I’m a heavy smoker but I couldn’t even begin to dent that in a years time. Oregon’s rule of 4 mature plants is by far enough. But whatever, way to go Ohio!! Get it done.

I would hate to see the State of Ohio trashed like say Oregon where everybody walks around stoned and nobody can make it to work five days in a row.

Legend
Legend
I know guys who drink 7 days a week, but still show up for work every day.

I know guys who use weed 7 days a week but still show up for work every day.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I know guys who drink 7 days a week, but still show up for work every day.

I know guys who use weed 7 days a week but still show up for work every day.

I know guys who don't on both counts.

Legend
Legend
I also know guys/ladies who don't drink, or smoke, yet they call off work every time they have to clear their throat.

You see none of that determines a persons work habits, yet you want to lump everybody into one group.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I hate lumping. It's not useful, but it happens on here a lot.

Work: In 29 years I've missed exactly 4 days of work due to illness. I did, while self employed, miss a week due to a bruised calcaneus bone. Tough to do my job if you can't walk. but, within a week I had hired someone.

Hungover, not feeling right - I go to work. (and when I say 'not feeling right', most of the time I'm the only person at the job.)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg1979
So business owners should also be able to decide if they want to let homosexuals, latinos or others in right? Discrimination is discrimination.

Don't compare protected minority groups to the "MaH rIgHtS" Trumpians. Keeping typhoid Mary out of public areas and private businesses for the safety of the majority is NOT THE SAME. Relegating yourself to second class citizenry over not helping to stop a deadly virus is PURE CHOICE and should come with a pure consequence for those who are too selfish to help.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/01/21 06:59 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Don't compare protected minority groups to the "MaH rIgHtS" Trumpians. Keeping typhoid Mary out of public areas and private businesses for the safety of the majority is NOT THE SAME. Relegating yourself to second class citizenry over not helping to stop a deadly virus is PURE CHOICE and should come with a pure consequence for those who are too selfish to help.

Non-answer

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Non-answer

Ok, let me rephrase:

NOPE. Not the same. And preventing the spread of a viral pandemic SHOULD BE A PRIORITY FOR ANY PATRIOT, business owner or not.

And finally, it is NOT discrimination when you have a choice. Black people can't choose not to be black. Homosexuals can't choose not to be homosexuals. Same for Latinos and all the other protected groups. Stupidity, arrogance, entitlement, and wackadoo political views or believing conspiracies theories does not make antivaxxers a protected group.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/01/21 11:25 PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
What is this "protected group" BS? Is it libtard code for some lazy asses need the bar set really low and need some special treatment?

This is why no one takes you seriously.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow. I can't believe how clueless you are.

The Equality Act of 2010 defined protected groups. However, I guess the verbiage is actually "Protected characteristics". See this link for details and google the words you don't understand.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/equality-act/protected-characteristics

E
Legend
Legend
E

The Equality Act of 2010 defined protected groups. However, I guess the verbiage is actually "Protected characteristics". See this link for details and google the words you don't understand.

Ok please do enlighten us with your libtard knowledge. Please do tell us what race has to do with personal responsibility when it comes to covid?

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E

Also, protected groups are not a legal thing. Only aspects that cant be discriminated against. But its fairly typical that libtards think certain groups of people deserve special treatment.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not a damn thing.

And being antivaxxers does not make you a protected group. That is what I was getting at with duty and dawg1979. Choosing to be unvaccinated does not mean you are protected from discrimination... it's not even discrimination because they are not a protected group and telling all the typhoid marys stay out of your business is NOT discrimination.

And your RepTard lizard brain is going to have to work overtime to wrap around that, so kindly direct the rest of your questions to google as I'm not here to educate you or coddle your feelings. This little exchange was pure lib pwnage of an inferior being. Put that in your pipe and smoke-n-choke on it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/02/21 12:04 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think all your whining is for nothing.

Businesses barely require masks. 99.99% of them will not require a vaccination.

If you want to shed tears because people dont get vaccinated, I guess thats your problem.

Business doesnt care.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Also, protected groups are not a legal thing. Only aspects that cant be discriminated against. But its fairly typical that libtards think certain groups of people deserve special treatment.

If you want to keep calling me libtard, I will no longer be responding. I have some choice names for your ass too but I won't be getting banned before game 1.

No wonder you can't keep a man.

E
Legend
Legend
E

If you want to keep calling me libtard, I will no longer be responding. I have some choice names for your ass too but I won't be getting banned before game 1.

No wonder you can't keep a man.

In November, it will be the same man for 2 years. So there. I dont care that you are butthurt.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think all your whining is for nothing.

Businesses barely require masks. 99.99% of them will not require a vaccination.

If you want to shed tears because people dont get vaccinated, I guess thats your problem.

Business doesnt care.

YET. This variant Delta Covid thing is trending up sharply. They may not lock down, but even Walmart imposes rules when the stupid are acting dangerous. A lot of businesses here have signs up that say masks are optional for the vaccinated only, if you are not vaccinated you must wear a mask. So there may be a lot more to come, who knows? And all I was doing was answering the question of it being discrimination, not saying businesses are enforcing anything. Catch up already.

O
Legend
Legend
O
In November, it will be the same man for 2 years. So there. I dont care that you are brilliant.

You misspelled brilliant so I fixed it for you. And congrats, is that a record? Also my condolences to him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I have a feeling that the covid spike is turning downward soon.

Business can require/not require masks all they want.

Its non-invasive and not the same thing as requiring the jab.

Covid is not the same as the Black Plague. Its more like flu on steroids.

A very dangerous mutation would have to come forward and we arent there yet.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well I hope you are right. It would all have been much easier if some jackass hadn't worked so hard to make covid political. If 95% of adults and kids over 12 were fully vaccinated before now, we probably would be seeing this spike at all, instead of hoping it goes our way and trends down.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I heard on the news that natural immunity is way more effective than the vaccines. So all those anti-vaxxers are going to catch it anyway and be protected.

So nobody is safe. You wind up with antibodies one way or another.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Lyuokdea, who works in the field, already told us that the vaccines were better than natural immunity? Could be wrong, but again, none of this matters until covid has nowhere left to jump. Those refusing to be vaccinated might as well go into the lions den with armor made of steak. Covid is nothing like the flu, even a really bad flu. from what I understand. It's more like VD imho, because when you get it you are screwed.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dunno, I had it and it was just nasal congestion.

I know most people have mild cases and there are outliers who have serious cases.

I would really love to see the statistics on case severity. Then show the stats by vaccinated and not vaccinated cases.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
jc

so anyway, imma try to add some LED strips around the lounge to pulse with the music. good ambient lighting is always important when taking a rocket ship to outer space. at this weed cafe, ill also have free overnight parking and a designated rideshare lane for those too baked to drive.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Speaking of baked... I've got my Magical Butter extractor and I make some mean cookies. Keep me in the loop!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I heard on the news that natural immunity is way more effective than the vaccines. So all those anti-vaxxers are going to catch it anyway and be protected.

So nobody is safe. You wind up with antibodies one way or another.

And those who end up in the hospital and die will mainly be those unvaccinated. Yeah, the higher risk of dying is a much better option than a free method to prevent it.

I have an idea. Since people refuse the vaccine then maybe when they come down with a serious case of Covid they should refuse the emergency room too. I mean if they're that stupid. You really don't pay attention do you?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
jc

so anyway, imma try to add some LED strips around the lounge to pulse with the music. good ambient lighting is always important when taking a rocket ship to outer space. at this weed cafe, ill also have free overnight parking and a designated rideshare lane for those too baked to drive.

You gonna have doordash on speed dial too?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Doordash!? A microwave and freezerS of hot pockets is easy enough to set up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Or just get a pizza oven and make those gas station pizzas, lol. Stoners will eat the hell out of those.

F
Legend
Legend
F

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Lawmakers introduce bill to legalize marijuana in Ohio

Link Copied to Clipboard