Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Legend
Legend
I wasn't offended at all. Pretty sure it surprised a number of people, since I never discussed owning a firearm.

The .38 was My Dad's side piece. It was his go-to when he was off-duty. Small, lightweight, but serious. Coolest thing about it- it's got his signature running down the middle of the grip... and I'm named after him. A personalized protection device!

I threw on the hearing protection before I even got out of the truck- still gotta go back to work... wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
I understand this article but it is simultaneously very scary that a man was just put in jail for watching videos the court has deemed "conspiracy theory".

I get that he previously got violent as a result of these videos and staying away from them was a condition of his release.. but are we that far from them detaining anybody who watches these videos? Or will you be put on a watch list for watching non-government approved political content?

Posing alternate theories to explain things that differ from the government-approved message is not, and should not, be illegal and it shouldn't be illegal to watch them....

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I get your 'slippery slope'argument, but this distinction must be made:

Refraning from watching these videos was a condition of his release.

I really don't think the average non-insurrectionist Joe has anything to worry about... even if his paranoia tells him otherwise.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I took Pit's advice.

I'm not joking around about it, either. Hit the range last week for the first time ever. Shot a .22 semi, a .9mm semi and my 1966 Colt Agent .38spl (2" barrel).

I'll post a pic of my results as soon as I figure out how to get it from my phone to this site.

The guys at the range couldn't believe my results. They were impressed.

Firearms: they're not just for 'Good Ol' boys" any more.

You're a good ol' boy. At least I think so. I am a good ol' boy.

It's a state of mind that has nothing to do with what you see on TV.

Anyway, glad you went out. I think it's important.

Did you have fun?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I took Pit's advice.

I'm not joking around about it, either. Hit the range last week for the first time ever. Shot a .22 semi, a .9mm semi and my 1966 Colt Agent .38spl (2" barrel).

I'll post a pic of my results as soon as I figure out how to get it from my phone to this site.

Haven't had a gun for 25 years but even I have been contemplating getting one due to the nutjobs on the right.

Always the right with you. You'll probably need one more for the goons on the streets. I don't care if they are right or left.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
You know, for a few years now I've been telling liberals they need to arm themselves. At first people thought it was some kind of joke. It doesn't seem so funny now doers it?

Liberals arm themselves Blahahahaha. They better stick to beating up Women and Old People in Portland and Seattle.

You're already too late. Several people on this board you call out as being liberals own guns. It's why many with your political leanings won't find imposing your will as easy as you think it will be. We will be ready and waiting for you.

LOl...quit talking stupid...

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'll say this: shooting at home, be that clay pigeons, target shooting, whatever - I wear hearing protection.

The AR? At a friends. He asked if I wanted hearing protection. (now, I was already hard of hearing) Like an idiot, I said "no, I'm just going to fire a couple rounds."

I forgot/didn't realize I was standing by a steel sided building. I pulled the trigger, and instantly the echo bounced off the building. Blasted my left ear to the point I put the gun down and held my ear.

For 3 or 4 weeks, maybe more, after - even being outside in a slight breeze - my ear sounded like a sheet flapping in the wind.

I am NOW the guy that, even when deer hunting, I'm wearing hearing protection.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The goons on my streets are from the right. Except the junkies, they are unaffiliated like the homeless.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The first time I shot my AR at the range it was so loud that people from the other lane came over to ask what we were shooting. Hella fun gun.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
What model of .38? Brand, model number.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

1968 Colt Agent .38 Spl
A smaller version of the Detective Special
Black pearl grip.
Nice bark; serious bite.

I might get a slightly larger textured grip later, but I like that it's still original as My Pops purchased it.
Thinking about buying a few speed loaders to keep at the house. I'll buy my safe this weekend.

At least 4-5 dudes came over to see this 'vintage' piece. They were all drooling. BFF was giving them the history as I was squeezing off rounds. They seemed to be taken with the idea that an actual cop owned it, and that it hadn't been fired since the late 1970's. History at the range, I guess.

And to Peen: yes, I had an enjoyable time. It was a cool way to connect with Dad, who's been gone since 1979. I liked the 'zen' part of it best: relax, control your breathing, continuous steady squeeze, evaluate your most recent shot, adjust your technique.

arch: imagine this model with a dark gray Mother-of-Pearl grip...

*edit* Apologies to the board for hijacking the thread.

Last edited by Clemdawg; 09/02/21 10:04 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Cool, on several levels. First being your dad owned it.

I have a Smith and Wesson, model 10 - .38 Made in 1956, believe it or not. While I've put 20 or so through it, I bought it and it had the original box, the instructions, etc. I don't believe it's been fired more than 100-150 times.

I also have may grandpa's .22 rifle. Made in 1946. Shoots as true today as it probably ever could.

Guy I bought the .38 off of has offered me 3 times what I paid.

Not selling either of them.

But my daughter, with my S &W model 22A-1? Hand gun. She nailed it, big time at Clelands. Yes, we'd shot here numerous times. She's not one to be taken lightly - at least at a shooting range.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

1968 Colt Agent .38 Spl
A smaller version of the Detective Special
Black pearl grip.
Nice bark; serious bite.

I might get a slightly larger textured grip later, but I like that it's still original as My Pops purchased it.
Thinking about buying a few speed loaders to keep at the house. I'll buy my safe this weekend.

At least 4-5 dudes came over to see this 'vintage' piece. They were all drooling. BFF was giving them the history as I was squeezing off rounds. They seemed to be taken with the idea that an actual cop owned it, and that it hadn't been fired since the late 1970's. History at the range, I guess.

And to Peen: yes, I had an enjoyable time. It was a cool way to connect with Dad, who's been gone since 1979. I liked the 'zen' part of it best: relax, control your breathing, continuous steady squeeze, evaluate your most recent shot, adjust your technique.

arch: imagine this model with a dark gray Mother-of-Pearl grip...

My wife had that model when we met, that she carried. One day when I was cleaning it I noticed the frame had a crack, took it to a gunsmith and he said it was not repairable.

Sad, cause it was such a nice weapon,. Now she carries a S&W 640 .38, and I got her a Sig Sauer P238 (in pink) a couple years ago.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

None needed. I was going to say thank-you. As with any thread that is largely divided by opinions, it digs deeper and deeper in to the muck.

Glad you had the connection to your dad and times past. That always makes for a great day.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I understand this article but it is simultaneously very scary that a man was just put in jail for watching videos the court has deemed "conspiracy theory".

I get that he previously got violent as a result of these videos and staying away from them was a condition of his release.. but are we that far from them detaining anybody who watches these videos? Or will you be put on a watch list for watching non-government approved political content?

Posing alternate theories to explain things that differ from the government-approved message is not, and should not, be illegal and it shouldn't be illegal to watch them....

When those videos and conspiracy theories were a critical part in your defense as to why you committed your crime(s) and promise not to watch them as a condition of your probation, yes.

He had the choice to stay in jail. In this case he chose to lie and break the conditions of his release. It's perfectly legal for you and I to go into a bar, to drink. But it's a condition of many on parole and probation not to do that. Do you know why? Because in many cases alcohol was a contributing factor in the commission of their crime. This is no different.

His claim was the he was fooled by the lies of these conspiracies. He claimed that's the very reason he committed those crimes. Do you have any idea how many things they place as a conditions of parole and probation for other people that would be perfectly legal for us?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You didn't pay attention to January 6th did you? Being stupid would be ignoring things like January 6th. Like ignoring armed men storming the Michigan state house. Like the plot to kidnap the Michigan governor. You would have to ignore things like Charlottesville. You would have to ignore the increasing threat of domestic terrorism. Even the FBI under both Trump and Biden have told us that's the biggest threat in America.

Of course people like yourself would be trying to convince us not to arm ourselves. But it's too late for that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You didn't pay attention to January 6th did you? Being stupid would be ignoring things like January 6th. Like ignoring armed men storming the Michigan state house. Like the plot to kidnap the Michigan governor. You would have to ignore things like Charlottesville. You would have to ignore the increasing threat of domestic terrorism. Even the FBI under both Trump and Biden have told us that's the biggest threat in America.

Of course people like yourself would be trying to convince us not to arm ourselves. But it's too late for that.

Would being stupid ignoring what is going on in some of our major cities. Burning down federal and state buildings.

I think you are spoiling for a civil war by trying to get lefties to arm themselves.You couldn't leave your computer long enough to go to war.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I think you are spoiling for a civil war by trying to get lefties to arm themselves.

If it's war, it's war. If 'lefties' don't arm themselves, it's genocide.

I will shoot back. Let's see how badass they are when it's a fair fight.

I see you ignored my previous post. Smart, on your part.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes that would be stupid too. But then again you've made no problem letting everyone know you've been armed all along. In case you missed it, we didn't lose the civil war and those standing up for those traitors symbols to be upheld aren't liberals. We aren't among the groups that have tried or keep trying to topple the government. We aren't then ones who have spoken about a civil war.

That would be those you support. But don't worry, we're ready for your kind.

And I've owned and shot guns for over four decades. If you think a few hours a day on a computer mean anything you're not well adjusted. Don't worry though, I hope you keep thinking that way. It will make the surprise even better.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I think you are spoiling for a civil war by trying to get lefties to arm themselves.

If it's war, it's war. If 'lefties' don't arm themselves, it's genocide.

I will shoot back. Let's see how badass they are when it's a fair fight.

I see you ignored my previous post. Smart, on your part.

I read your last post Clem. Impressive,

Legend
Legend

Comical how perception is often not reality.

My father was a member of the Chief of Police Asssociation in Pa. Former WWII Sergeant Major drill instructor.

My Godfather was a heavyweight boxer.

My life in no way would be perceived as liberal. The list of jobs and life experiences would need a book.

duty and his crew have no idea.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I grew up in the sticks of NE Ohio. My old man had an extensive gun collection. I grew up shooting everything from muzzle loaders to high powered rifles. We had a 150 yard range on our land. I honed my skills. I’m armed.
I’ll leave it there.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are Republicans still trying to enact laws, and barriers to the voting public in Georgia?

Talk about an assault on democracy

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B

LOL...

Any civil war isn't going to be like the blue and the grey.

I don't worry about people like you or Clem. I worry about thugs. Arm up all you want. I encourage everybody to do that. Any difference we have are in what or who we consider thugs. Any battle will be in the courts over states exercising their rights, or what they feel are their rights.

Don't worry. I am not going to shoot out your windows tonight.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

amen

I don't worry

P
Legend
Legend
P
I had no idea that Jan. 6th and Charlottesville happened in a court of law. As a matter of fact, the right wing doesn't respect the court of law anymore unless those courts do what they feel is right. I'm not worried either. A well prepared person has no reason to worry. Even when actual criminals are arrested and yes, even convicted in out court system, they still stand by them, blame law enforcement and the court system for their criminal acts.

Rally for Jan. 6 Rioters Prompts Capitol Security Concern

Law enforcement planning beefed up security for Sept. 18 event
Rally organizer calls those arrested ‘political prisoners’

A planned rally next month on the U.S. Capitol grounds that organizers say is intended to peacefully demand “justice” for hundreds of “political prisoners” charged in the Jan. 6 insurrection is raising law enforcement alarm and plans for beefed-up security measures.

Among measures being considered for the rally planned for Sept. 18 is re-installing some of the recently dismantled fencing around parts of the Capitol grounds, though no decision on that has been made, according to a person familiar with the planning.

The protest, “Justice for J6,” is being orchestrated by a group called Look Ahead America, directed by Matt Braynard, who was part of the data team for Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

“What we are looking for is pure patriotism. It’s American flags, American clothing, T-shirts that sort of thing. And I invite you to make your own signs demanding justice for these political prisoners -- demanding justice for Ashli Babbitt,” Braynard said in a video posted this week on Twitter.

Babbitt was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as she climbed through a broken window in a door to the Speaker’s Lobby, which leads to the House chamber, during the Jan. 6 riot. Her death has been a rallying point for former President Trump and his supporters, who falsely claim the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent.

More than 600 people have been arrested on a variety of charges in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection, in which a mob coming from a Trump rally overran police and stormed the Capitol. The riot interrupted a joint session of Congress convened to certify the electoral votes from the election.

In a telephone interview, Braynard said the rally is meant to be peaceful and that the group has gotten approval from Capitol Police. He said the expectation is for “several thousand” people to attend.

Braynard said that “this is not about any candidate or campaign,” but about seeking justice for the arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 riot, who he said have been treated unfairly, as well as for Babbitt.

Braynard said in the video that his group will have its own security force and lawyers present to respond and work with police agencies to get quick responses to individuals who try to cause problems.

Law enforcement planning is still in the early stages. Details of security measures were not immediately available. No official notice has gone out to rank and file Capitol Police officers.

An officer in the U.S. Capitol Police office that handles permit applications for special events on the grounds referred questions Thursday to the public affairs office. That office did not respond to answer whether a permit application has been filed, how the event is described, or its estimated number of participants.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ecurity-concern

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Never doubted this for a second. Probably by Nov 24 we will be in a civil war

https://www.newsweek.com/video-jim-jordan-donald-trump-about-ready-announce-2024-run-1626116

Video Shows Jim Jordan Saying Donald Trump Is 'About Ready' to Announce 2024 Run
BY DARRAGH ROCHE ON 9/4/21 AT 4:38 AM EDT

Anewly released video recording shows Representative Jim Jordan saying that former President Donald Trump is "about ready" to announce another run for president.

Lauren Windsor of political reporting show The Undercurrent shared the video via Twitter on Friday after a spokesperson for Jordan had denied the congressman had made similar remarks.

Windsor had earlier reported that Jordan, a Republican representing Ohio's 4th congressional district, told her Trump would run "any day now" but had not provided video at the time.

In the footage, Jordan did not appear to realize he was being recorded. Windsor and an unidentified man told Jordan they are "big fans" of everything he's doing.

Windsor has previously posed as a conservative while capturing video of Republicans.

Jordan said: "President Trump, he's gonna run again."

The man asked: "You think so?"

"I know so," Jordan replied. "Yeah, I talked to him yesterday. He's about ready to announce after all of this craziness in Afghanistan."

On Thursday, Windsor reported that Jordan told her Trump would announce another presidential run "any day now." A spokesperson for the congressman denied this, saying: "Not true. Mr. Jordan did not say this."

Jordan did not use that exact phrasing in the video Windsor released on Friday but the footage shows two camera angles of the conversation showing the Ohio congressman saying Trump was "about ready" to formally jump into the 2024 race.

The video was recorded in Dallas County, Iowa where Jordan received cheers for telling the crowd he believed the former president would run again. Iowa is the first state in the presidential contest and will hold its caucuses in February 2024.

"I think he's gonna run," Jordan said on Thursday. "I want him to run. He's proven he can take the heat. We're at a moment now where you've got to have someone who's willing to fight, willing to stand up to all the abuses."

Former President Trump has repeatedly teased another run at the White House and polling suggests he is still the clear favorite to win the Republican nomination for 2024.

Jason Miller, a former adviser to Trump, also said on Thursday it was "pretty clear" the former president would run again.

"I would say somewhere between 99 and 100 percent," Miller said of the chances.

No formal announcement has yet been made and a spokesperson for Trump indicated to Newsweek this week that no announcement is imminent.

Trump has demurred on the subject, frequently saying his supporters will be "happy" with his decision but refusing to confirm a third White House run.

Another Trump campaign would be almost unprecedented in modern times. No defeated president has run again since Democrat Grover Cleveland in 1892. Having been defeated by Republican Benjamin Harrison in 1888, Cleveland won back the presidency from him four years later.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
…We're at a moment now where you've got to have someone who's willing to fight, willing to stand up to all the abuses."

This coming from that creep Gym Jordan that didn’t stand up for abuses under his own nose. Coward. Hypocrite.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

trump has already lost the popular vote twice.

he may run but I doubt it. His wife (not that he cares) wants no part of being in public eye again.

The rest of his family would no longer hold positions.

In his heart, he is a coward. He doesn't want to lose again. That will be in the back of his little brain.

If he does run does anyone believe any of those who voted against would change their mind? I doubt it.

Pence will run for sure.

Dems? Biden will not run. Not sure who they would nominate?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hopefully the Republicans will run at least someone who tries to be a semi normal human being. But with people like Gym Jordon running the crap fest I doubt it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
GOP Lawmakers Sent Threatening Letter To Wrong CEO To Thwart Jan. 6 Probe
Mary Papenfuss
Tue, September 7, 2021, 2:36 AM·3 min read

Eleven Republican lawmakers sent a letter to Yahoo urging the company not to cooperate with a House investigation into the Jan. 6 insurrection, except they addressed it to a CEO who left more than four years ago.

The lawmakers, including Reps. Mo Brooks (of Alabama), Madison Cawthorn (N.C), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.) and Lauren Boebert (Colo.), sent letters to 13 businesses telling them not to comply with requests from the House select committee investigating the events of Jan. 6.

The committee requested that certain phone and social media companies preserve the records of individuals not publicly identified as linked to the insurrection as well as those involved in the “Stop the Steal” rally. The House probe is attempting to determine who was actively involved in planning the violence aimed at overturning the presidential election. Some of the relevant subjects could involve Republican lawmakers, including some of those who sent the letters.

Brooks and Cawthorn, for example, revved up the crowd with speeches at the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the siege of the U.S. Capitol. Brooks even wore body armor at the rally.

In the letters, the GOP lawmakers reportedly threatened the companies, saying they would use “all legal remedies” to go after them if they comply with the committee’s requests.

The letter that was addressed to Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, which was obtained by Forbes, revealed some of the Republican Party’s strong-arm tactics being used against businesses to persuade them to obstruct justice, critics said. Except Mayer departed from Yahoo in 2017. Yahoo’s current CEO is Guru Gowrappan.

Other companies contacted included Amazon, AOL, Apple, AT&T, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Snap, T-Mobile, Twitter, U.S. Cellular Corporation and Verizon, per Forbes.

Last week, the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) filed an ethics complaint against House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Greene, who both claimed that the companies could be shut down if they complied with the committee’s requests.

“House rules require members to uphold the laws of the United States and to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that reflects creditably on the House. The threats of McCarthy and Greene do neither,” said the complaint, which was filed with the chief counsel of the Office of Congressional Ethics. “Threatening retaliation for complying with legally valid document demands and preservation requests appears to violate 18 U.S.C. § 1505, which prohibits obstructing congressional investigations, and does not reflect creditably on the House.′

CREW President Noah Bookbinder said in a statement that McCarthy and Greene were “transparently trying to thwart the select committee by illegally threatening companies with reprisals if they comply with the committee’s proper and lawful requests — quite possibly to protect themselves.”

“On January 6, we saw the gravest domestic attack on our democracy since the Civil War. Blatant obstruction of the investigation could leave our nation even more vulnerable to a future attack,” Bookbinder said.

The outrage over phone records is ironic given the Trump administration’s secretive intrusion into private communications. Under Donald Trump, the Justice Department secretly seized phone records of reporters at The New York Times, CNN and The Washington Post.

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-lawmakers-sent-threatening-letter-063646518.html

Last edited by Jester; 09/07/21 02:03 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P

They are doing everything they can to hide the truth.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
The deplorables aren't voting.... They are in office. Shame shame shame.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
j/c follow-up

I took Pit's advice.

[img]https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=615CE1D0[/img]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Good job man!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
thanks

A
Legend
Legend
A
Where was that? A brick back stop? Or did you take the target home and hang it for the photo?

Legend
Legend
Door #2
That wall is on the 2nd floor. We have deck outside the master bedroom.

I just threw it up there to take the pic.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I figured that.

Edited to add:

We wouldn't want this to happen:

Last edited by archbolddawg; 09/08/21 06:59 PM.
Legend
Legend
Door #2
That wall is on the 2nd floor. We have deck outside the master bedroom.

I just threw it up there to take the pic.

I have a couple targets that look similar to that, they hang in my garage right beside the door from the garage into the kitchen. Just as a, y'know, reminder for anybody who might make it that far that they might want to think twice before opening the door to the kitchen. One of the targets has my name on it, the other has my wife's name on it.. in case they know that I'm out of the house so it's all good.

yebat' Putin
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p2

Link Copied to Clipboard