Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c.

It was a game between 2 teams. 1 team was going to win, 1 team was going to lose.

The Browns showed they are a team to be reckoned with. Better things will come. A mistake here, a mistake there - we lose. Play the same, fix mistakes, we will win.

2nd String
2nd String
So I knew today all the pundits would focus on Bakers last throw which honestly IMO is a tough thing to say one way or the other what he “should have” done while he was getting tripped from behind. With our luck it would have been called a fumble if he tried to dump it.

I was watching Rex Ryan today call out Joe Woods which honestly is my opinion on why we lost the game. This defense still looks as clueless as it did all season and there is just too much talent this year for them to not have schemed for Kelce. It was ridiculous how easy he was working our LB.

My question is would a guy like Rex have this defense playing with more accountability or is it just the need to gel?!?
https://youtu.be/MuPbta1TwJU

Last edited by Xanthros; 09/13/21 04:50 PM.

Who let the Dawgs out???
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I’m not an X’s and O’s Guy with football … no clue what scheme would fit our defense. I just know that we consistently leave guys WIDE open and seem slow

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
* I don't recall hearing Newsome's name at all.

This is why....

I'm surprised Reid didn't target the rookie more in this game. I suppose even if Ward was on T. Hill, you still target him.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I noticed Newsome on the field, but never in coverage … which is good smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 09/13/21 06:08 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Just was going to write about his game performance from my view.

Right off you can see this guy is hard to handle.

He gets in to his bull rush fast and he is powerful.

As the season progresses he will learn more. An incedible find by Berry.

Quite simply we turned the ball over three times. Chubb is not a fumbler, but that killed a drive.

No excuse for the punter.

Baker was hit while throwing. The defender who hit him deserves credit for making a play.

We handed them 10 points. Obviously, they are to good a team to spot ten points.
====================================================

Last year when they beat us. I felt they were the better team.

I don't see it that way this year. Our OL was great. They could not stop us.

Their offense is great but we did ok for a first game with new players. Take away the gifted ten points and the story line is way different.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we need to do whatever it takes to trade for a stud LB.

I really don't care if we waste a first, second, and third next year. (I do but you get the point)

LB is such a huge hole that is going to cost us a few more games and a lot of anexiety if this keeps up.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
very much agree Bonefish. I thought of your pregame impressions during the first half, and yet had trepidation for the potential comeback.
Harrison's action was the most distressing to me. completely out of line with what Ski wants our culture to be, I would think.
didn't see Gillan's play, apparently didn't know what to do in case of a drop?
I mostly lurk, appreciate everyone's input, going to my first Browns game this week!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GCDog
very much agree Bonefish. I thought of your pregame impressions during the first half, and yet had trepidation for the potential comeback.
Harrison's action was the most distressing to me. completely out of line with what Ski wants our culture to be, I would think.

Harrison didn't intentionally do it. Stefanski even came out and supported him. Unfortunately, he got the bad end of Tony Romo's comments and an overreaction by the review booth.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
I mostly lurk, appreciate everyone's input, going to my first Browns game this week!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Re-watched today...not that that means a whole lot

On the Hail Mary BS TD our DEs crashed into each other like Keystone cops (again by a Woods D) while Mahomes stepped up and slipped sideways.

Joe Jackson had a nice sack where he slipped inside of the "pocket" to nail Mahomes trying to step through. Maybe our big $$$ guys should try that sometime.

Note: I think the D played well...just not well enough and...well...enough. I think they will get it together...even though my confidence in Woods is not very high.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, I'm sure Woods designed it so our DE's would crash into each other. Did you mean DB's?

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, I'm sure Woods designed it so our DE's would crash into each other. Did you mean DB's?

rofl

It's not the first time he "coached-up" guys who ended up colliding to give the other team a huge play.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GCDog

Welcome to the board, and have fun at the game. I will be there as well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you think he schemed for his players to run into each other or does it make more sense to conclude the players messed up? Inquiring minds want to know.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
So you think he schemed for his players to run into each other or does it make more sense to conclude the players messed up? Inquiring minds want to know.

I think his "scheming" is quite questionable in general. They also "collided" at the QB for the only sack of the day by the big $$$ guys. They sprinted around Mahomes' back all day long.

I think Woods scheme forgot that the Chiefs had rookies at C-RG-RT.

The fact that the big $$$ guys collided on a big play(s) was just another symptom of Woods' "scheme".

Lastly, he coached the guys to insanely continue rushing upfield and to no avail...their Keystone cops collision was a result of a bad scheme.

Does that help your inquiring mind?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Additional Thoughts:

* I don't recall hearing Newsome's name at all. That's a good thing for a DB. A ROOKIE DB. In fact, Mahomes went after Ward quite a bit. This should have a LOT of Dawgs very, very excited.

* The DLine is taking some heat here. It really, really shouldn't. They did really well yesterday. No, they didn't get eleventy-seven sacks in Game 1 against one of the most elusive QBs in the league, but they applied pressure all day long and shut down the run. Mahomes just Mahomed.

* Law of Unintended Consequences: Harrison. Him getting ejected when we already had Delpit inactive put us in a position where we were thin at Safety. When players started to dehydrate and had to start getting IV's to stay on the field, that meant that we were even thinner. Bad things happened; Mahomes made us pay.
Was Mahomes going at Ward or was Ward covering Hill? I think it's more a function of going to Hill than going at Ward.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, i wonder why they had a problem tackling Mahomes. I mean the guy just stands back there like a statue.

rofl

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Postgame thoughts:

Offense looked great; we're going to average about 30 points/game this year. Schwartz's speed jumped off the screen; he definitely adds an extra dimension to the offense that was needed.

On defense, McDowell looked awesome the first half; a great pick-up by Berry. It will be fun watching him progress throughout the year. This is a spot everyone was worried about coming into this year, so his emergence is big for this team.

Woods needs a little more time, but I was hoping the defense would look different now that we had more talent. The 2 deep safeties in infuriating to watch, but it is effective sometimes.

The thing I never understand about our defense is our DEs though. Against mobile QBs, our LDE needs to play differently than what I have seen. Their main role on pass plays should be to keep the QB from rolling out of the pocket to the right (most right-handed QBs throw better rolling to the right). Too often they go crashing in past the QB and let them roll out to the right. Saw it on the big play yesterday, and the big play from Lamar last year. We need to rush more disciplined.

If I was playing LDE, I would just wait, and let MG chase the QB right to where I am waiting.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Disappointed that the Browns didn't finish, but instead handed KC a W they didn't earn.

Was proud of the team and the effort just wished it had been 60 minutes and not 50. We had this game in the bag and gave it away.

They won't get off so easy the next time, this team is going to get better and the dumb mistakes won't save KC next time.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Would have joined you guys sooner, but had a very important Dr appointment today in NYC. It appears I am cancer free won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back next week but it looks good. Dr said he saw no new growth and had to remove tissue from the scar tissue from my 1st procedure. I am a very happy sad man today. Sad about my Browns happy I may be getting out from under the big C, at least for now.

I have 2, 13 year old daughters I never saw them so happy, made me cry honest...

In the face of defeat I grabbed a victory. Now get me my trophy Brownies.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Forget the Browns, man. Cancer free? Celebrate!!! Congrats to you, and the drs.

O
Legend
Legend
O

This says it all IMHO.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush

If I was playing LDE, I would just wait, and let MG chase the QB right to where I am waiting.

I think that could be what's going on when sometimes you'll hear folks saying players had the lowest pff numbers ever. It may be the best way to stop the running qb's, and win football games, but then numbers will say, that's awful, you just stood there.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 09/13/21 10:59 PM.

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Post game thoughts.
The Browns org. the official speakers, if they don't want to hear or want to make excuses for having new moving parts, there is no one else to blame, it's the org. itself that is deciding to continually bring in new moving parts.
If they want to get to the point where it's not all constantly new moving parts, they could start to keep the parts together, keep some of the parts together.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
They were definitely looking to dial up Schwartz and Njoku. That kinda jumped off the screen to me.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
That's great! I wish you well with your test reports.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
WATER,

We didn't. Mahomes did. There was plenty of pressure/speeding up of Mahomes. He's just that good.

I agree. Mahomes elusiveness and his creativity, combined with the skills of Kelce and Hill to get open, combined with their continuity together to be on the same page after a play breaks down... it's damn near impossible to stop.

Just wanted to add one thing to your reply DC:

….combined with damn good offensive coach and play designer in Andy Reid.

Legend
Legend

There are priorities BtB.

The Browns will recover just a bump in the road.

Fantastic News. That is all that matters.

Many more seasons for you and the Browns.

Hold on to what is precious. And nothing is more precious than a 3 year old girl and 13 year old girl.

Browns will take care of the business at hand.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great news ... wish you all the best and nothing else in life really matters all that much compared to your health and family.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Yeah, i wonder why they had a problem tackling Mahomes. I mean the guy just stands back there like a statue.

rofl

The Raiders succeeded quite nicely in getting to LJ when it mattered...and he's the most elusive QB in the league...by far

The Raider DEs got home and sacked him...causing two game-changing fumbles.

I never saw any of the Raider DL crash into each other like Keystone cops.

Maybe my expectations are just higher than yours.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I’m hoping the signing of McDowell may make our DL more stout against Lamar

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That's awesome BTTB! Congratulations, and may all your future scans be boring!

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend

Having been a baseball coach for many years I understand "errors."

However, I can not let Jamie Gillan just walk away and sit on the bench.

You are a professional punter. There is no excuse for dropping that snap. Sorry, but that is for real.

All training camp guys are in meetings. Players are pouring over their playbooks at night. They go to the field after intense weight lifting and physical training. On the field they run through all kinds of drills. Then they walk through plays. Pick up the intensity and run 7 on 7. Practice is like never ending.

Jamie what do you work on? Catch a snap and punt. Catch snaps and hold for place kicker. Catch sanps and punt some more.

Jamie you have to do your one and only job. Catch the ball and punt it.

Do not make that mistake again. No excuses.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

There are priorities BtB.

The Browns will recover just a bump in the road.

Fantastic News. That is all that matters.

Many more seasons for you and the Browns.

Hold on to what is precious. And nothing is more precious than a 3 year old girl and 13 year old girl.

Browns will take care of the business at hand.

Thanks Bone. For the record I have twin 13 year old daughters

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 29 Chiefs 33 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard