Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Burrow is going to get injured again. Mark it down.

If he does, Cincy should end up in a good enough draft position to get another highly rated WR in the first.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Burrow is going to get injured again. Mark it down.

If he does, Cincy should end up in a good enough draft position to get another highly rated WR in the first.

The more you lose, the more you win.

O
Legend
Legend
O
If you say so, he reminds me of a YOUNG Elway. Maybe go back and watch some of his rookie highlights. And you could be right about his arm, but I think he has the arm.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think he said his rolled his ankle
But he was good to go
He looked fine on that clutch throw to win
The game

O
Legend
Legend
O
He certainly did. I thought he played phenomenal. I also think he doesn't finish the season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Also watched the Steelers for a while and Ben is not the Ben of old. Not sure how they won so big other than Josh Allen playing like a poser.

How did Steelers win? Same way they always win. Defense + Refs.

Look up their long pass plays and the fake PIs.

they also blocked a punt for a TD.. those plays help. It's very hard to win in this league if you have to score every point starting 80 yards away.

OK, fair enough, I was counting blocking a punt as defense, but I guess technically it's special teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
I watched Burrow for a bit yesterday... this kid reminds me of a young John Elway. I think if he survives Cinci's FO moves, he has potential to be incredibly good to great.

Burrow has about 1/2 the arm of Elway...if that.

Remind me of that when he becomes a thorn in our side.

If he ever does become a thorn in our side, it won't be anywhere near because he looks like Elway doing so. He can't scramble like Elway and doesn't have the arm of Elway...not even close.

Mahomes is the thorn in our side. We came a minute away from playing the bills last year. I think he is our 2020's Elway.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
So did anyone watch the Ravens vs the Raiders last night? I'm salivating at our prospects now.

Ravens play the CHIEFS this weekend. That should be revealing.

T
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Complete Week One Results:

Steelers 1-0
Bengals 1-0
Browns 0-1
Ravens 0-1

Week Two:

Steelers vs Raiders
Bengals at Bears
Browns vs Texans
Ravens vs Chiefs

Legend
Legend
Bengals should beat the Bears, but its close

Steelers will beat the Raiders

Browns will beat the Texans

Chiefs will beat the Ravens

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think the Bengals will beat the bears - yes.
I think the Raiders will give the Steelers a game. I think they have a chance.
I think we beat Texans.
I think the Ravens will give KC a game. That'll be a great game to watch.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the Bears D won't let the Bengals do what they did vs Vikings. I've been harping on it a little too much, but I'm not getting on the Bengals bandwagon, so to speak. I think the Vikings played really really poorly (and Burrow is still the real deal when he's upright).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think Burrows is outstanding. I love the Cinci WR core, and Mixon is very good especially when fresh like this early season game. But I agree to the thinking their OL is going to get Burrows hurt... just think for one game early in the season, they have a solid chance.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Mixon is really a difference maker. He was fabulous Sunday without a great OL. I can see him finishing as a top 3 back this year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I definitely think Burrow is the real deal. He has a ton of poise and definitely has the "It" factor. I think their biggest challenge against the Bears will be keeping him upright against Khalil Mack.

I imagine they'll run a lot and try to get some quick passes in to nullify his pass-rush set, but the couple of long drop backs I presume they will have will expose Burrow and their OL to one hell of a relentless pass-rusher.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mixon is a really good back, but he can't do it on his own. Against a tough D like the Bears have the Oline will have to pull their weight and I think they'll come crashing back to Earth.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I really hope so. That Bears D really underwhelmed last week though.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I dont see anything special about the Bears D. They have Mack and who else?
The Rams had their way with Bears D.
I can see Cincy putting up 27 or more
In a win
Plus Andy Dalton will get sacked 5-times

The Browns should beat the Texans easily
On talent alone.but dont be surprised if its close through 3 q.
But Hunt needs more touches

The Ravens are in real trouble.
No pass rush and their best cover corner
Is out to allow the pass rush to get home
KC will put 35 on them easy.
Plus their RG got hurt.

Steelers should take care of the Raiders
But Carr has the talents to look like
Bert Jones at times.

Legend
Legend
The Steeler defense is legit, as expected, but their offense is as trash as expected, too. They aren't going to score off of blocked punts every week. I think the Raiders win.

Bengals-Bears: that's a coin flip. I don't really know either team well enough to gauge it. Who knows what the Bengals are when they're actually healthy.

Raven-Chiefs: I'll be SHOCKED if this is anything other than a Ravens loss. I don't see their defense as being good enough to contain the Chiefs, and that offense is going nowhere.

Us v Texans: I'll simply say that if this isn't a 'W', heads should roll.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Raiders have beaten
The Chiefs
The Ravens
The Browns in the last 12 months.
How many teams can say that.

Kickers!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Steeler defense is legit, as expected.

When will they say that about the Browns in my lifetime?

I listened to their podcast for the first time, they kept 10-12 linebackers... .. (but how are they able to play Pre-vent with 12 linebackers on their roster?) rofl

No. They don't play great, they sit around. They wait around. They do nothing, for 3/4th of the game.
then. In One 90. second stretch, they make a game changing touchdown on defense,
Then force another 3 and out, Then score on offense.
a 14 point swing.
They have done it for years, it's their recipe.

Absorb what the other team does, for 30 minutes, stay within 12-17 points, no more than 17, then, when the time comes. SNAP, make your move and it's over you win. They have nothing left in the tank.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Bengals-Bears: that's a coin flip. I don't really know either team well enough to gauge it.

You know this. Bears win, it's the bengals, and they are on the road. Fields should be starting, they win either way, if Fields is playing, the Bears win by a dozen.
Quote:
Raven-Chiefs: I'll be SHOCKED if this is anything other than a Ravens loss.
If Lamar Jackson is healthy, No win they get will shock me.
Quote:
Browns v Texans:
Browns are already under pressure to get back to 500. They'll have to play smart, and dominate. And the Browns shouldn't let it come down to one possession either way, not even an onside kick.
The Browns are better period.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The Steeler defense is legit, as expected, but their offense is as trash as expected, too. They aren't going to score off of blocked punts every week. I think the Raiders win.

Bengals-Bears: that's a coin flip. I don't really know either team well enough to gauge it. Who knows what the Bengals are when they're actually healthy.

Raven-Chiefs: I'll be SHOCKED if this is anything other than a Ravens loss. I don't see their defense as being good enough to contain the Chiefs, and that offense is going nowhere.

idk, the Texans have a better record than us and they beat the mighty Urban Meyer and his Jags. Oh and the newly anointed GOAT Trevor Larwence.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry if my post above interrupted this conversation with yourself bro.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Complete Week One Results:

Steelers 1-0
Bengals 1-0
Browns 0-1
Ravens 0-1

Week Two:

Steelers vs Raiders
Bengals at Bears
Browns vs Texans
Ravens vs Chiefs

Bengals 1-1
Browns 1-1
Ravens 1-1
Steelers 2-0. (seems obvious)
Do I think the Ravens will beat the chiefs? I think the Ravens will go 16-0 (15-1 now), as long as Lamar is playing and healthy, so, of course. frown

(you know they play the Browns twice TL?, Cuss! don't remind me, it's going to StinK! if they sweep us. CuSS!) s o $%$gun. dang with a bye, son of, 'it's what I think will happen though. frown ahhhh!!!! million frowns. son of a gunnn.... !!!! @%^#$$% ravens.
Done w/ this

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
I dont see anything special about the Bears D. They have Mack and who else?
The Rams had their way with Bears D.
I can see Cincy putting up 27 or more
In a win
Plus Andy Dalton will get sacked 5-times

Justin Fields should be starting, Dalton was clearly done 2 years ago., I don't see HOW Justin Fields isn't starting and playing all the time there, good or bad play he has more tools at this point.
Quote:

The Browns should beat the Texans easily
On talent alone.but dont be surprised if its close through 3 q.
But Hunt needs more touches,
Chubb does too.
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

The Ravens are in real trouble.

Oh MY have I heard that one before. Ravens' are in real trouble, Again!
They are about to implode, the Ravens can't keep this charade going, on and on, heard it since 2019,
Who is going to beat them.

As long as that dum-<><><<. quarterback, is running around like a pinball machine, bouncing off of tackles like I don't know what.
Who can beat them.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The Raiders for starts. KC will get them this week.

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Let's hope so. If the Ravens somehow win this week, I just give up on the existence of any kind of balance to the universe.

And speaking of, as the Browns and Ravens fight to get back even, the Steelers just quietly are going to rack up 2 Ws to start the year. No way the Raiders go on the road and win that game. The zombie franchise lives.

Browns fans are born with it...
E
Legend
Legend
E
As long as that dum-<><><<. quarterback, is running around like a pinball machine, bouncing off of tackles like I don't know what.
Who can beat them.

The Raiders???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

I saw that Ben had a horrible rating for Sunday's game, but then some people online (social media) are disputing that. I didn't actually see the game. Can someone give an accurate description as to whether Roethsliberger did well or not, based on watching the game?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Because we have Takitaki and Wilson playing a significant amount of snaps and we could benefit greatly from an upgrade.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ok, but it is pretty difficult to catch lightning in a bottle twice.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
So I’m seeing that Ronnie Staley is going to be out a bit now …Ravens upcoming schedule is not the easiest. Baltimore could accrue some losses here

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'll take a low risk, high reward (like Takk, McD) signing if it means upgrading from those two players and their snap counts based on their performance up to this point.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Because we have Takitaki and Wilson playing a significant amount of snaps we could benefit greatly from an upgrade.

This. Reuben's issues are largely his off-field conduct. We seem to be willing to check out 'project' talents that meet team needs. We seem confident that our locker room can handle these types of additions.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
We definitely need better LB play. Not sure it’s Foster, but it’s gotta be somebody

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Reuben's issues are largely his off-field conduct

He also tore his ACL a couple of years ago, but yes, it was his off-field stuff that forced SF to cut him.

Charges were subsequently dropped due to lack of evidence.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC North News and Notes 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard