Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
1. after passing a background check, gun owners should be able to get a CC endorsement right on their drivers license, nationally recognized in every state and territory after passing a 2 week CC course.

2. Abortion legal up to the third trimester.

3. massive infrastructure passed for roads and bridges, allowing states to raise the speed limit to 80 mph + 15-20 miles out from a metro area.

example: once 15 miles away from cleveland on I-71, speed can be 85pmh or unlimited until 15-20 miles away from columbus.

4. infrastructure passed for public transportation, allowing for less congestion in urban/suburban areas. also high speed railways.

5. sex work fully legalized at 21, government regulated like in Germany and the Netherlands.

6. max tax rate of 25% capital gains tax, max income tax of 35%, max corporate tax at 28%, closed loopholes and few exceptions for subsidies.

7. legalized drug use. up the punishment of DUI/DWI and street selling, easy access to licensing for small businesses (obviously keep a ban on heroin and such, but no criminal record for use/possession. up punishment for dealing).

8. community college fully funded for every american, must maintain 2.0 gpa average (C), with STEM degrees fully funded with a 2.5 gpa.

9. federal funding for all law enforcement departments.

10. complete ban on civil forfeiture laws. dismantling of the patriot act.

how about you guys? what would you add/subtract/revise?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
I want to see them expand Amtrak and make it more affordable. I have always been envious of Europe's train system.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

P
Legend
Legend
P
Train your cold dead hands first and then carry a gun.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I want to see them expand Amtrak and make it more affordable. I have always been envious of Europe's train system.

i hope so too. it would be a great investment across america

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will turn a chicken in every pot.

to ... a railroad into every airport.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish

i hope so too. it would be a great investment across america

Same here. I was amazed when I went to Alicante, Spain how they had a high-speed train that got to Madrid in 2 hours for 17 euros. That's about a 225 mile distance, too.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
1. after passing a background check, gun owners should be able to get a CC endorsement right on their drivers license, nationally recognized in every state and territory after passing a 2 week CC course.

2. Abortion legal up to the third trimester.

3. massive infrastructure passed for roads and bridges, allowing states to raise the speed limit to 80 mph + 15-20 miles out from a metro area.

example: once 15 miles away from cleveland on I-71, speed can be 85pmh or unlimited until 15-20 miles away from columbus.

4. infrastructure passed for public transportation, allowing for less congestion in urban/suburban areas. also high speed railways.

5. sex work fully legalized at 21, government regulated like in Germany and the Netherlands.

6. max tax rate of 25% capital gains tax, max income tax of 35%, max corporate tax at 28%, closed loopholes and few exceptions for subsidies.

7. legalized drug use. up the punishment of DUI/DWI and street selling, easy access to licensing for small businesses (obviously keep a ban on heroin and such, but no criminal record for use/possession. up punishment for dealing).

8. community college fully funded for every american, must maintain 2.0 gpa average (C), with STEM degrees fully funded with a 2.5 gpa.

9. federal funding for all law enforcement departments.

10. complete ban on civil forfeiture laws. dismantling of the patriot act.

how about you guys? what would you add/subtract/revise?

1. I think you need to add something about maintaining both the firearm and your proficiency. If you maintain those, you should have 0 hassle maintaining your CC.

3-4. It's my understanding that American drivers, relatively, are really dumb. I can't argue with infrastructure improvements, but I think loosening traffic laws (speed, etc) should go hand-in-hand with a little more requirements in terms of capability of both the car and the driver. We have way too many people that drive irresponsibly and that don't maintain their cars. I also think public transportation and the Amtrak system should be funded in such a way to encourage less car ownership.

6. This. Our tax code can and should be cut in half. Someone has to take ownership and have it blown up and rebuilt.

7. Maybe we're saying the same things, but I think the govt needs to take a moment and get with the times regarding drugs. We've got an opioid epidemic that MIGHT be slowing down, but we still have a president that is scared of MJ. Govt first needs to get its head out of its butt, get what's 'bad' and 'ok' sorted out and adjust laws accordingly. I don't think someone should get jail time just for taking drugs (only hurting yourself), but if they feel they need to punish someone for doing that to their own body, then just fine them.

8. I'm generally not ok with 'free college'. College is not the answer to everyone's questions when they're graduating high school. IMO, college is not something everyone should 'just do' if they don't know in what direction they want to go. They should be equipped with sufficient skills to get a good job, and to me that's means trade schools. Also, if we're hell-bent on paying for college for everyone, that can't happen until we dismantle the racket that is college tuition/student loans ("just having the govt pay for everything" is NOT a solution). I'll say it one more time a little differently. As long as we hear about people that think it's ok to go to Harvard for an English degree and fund the whole thing on student loans and then complain that the only job they can get is at Starbucks.... govt just paying for it is not going to fix the problem (or any problem, for that matter).

That said, I do like the requirement to maintain a GPA.

9. As with many of my previous opinions, increases in funding doesn't come without a catch. I do think police officers should be paid more, trained more, etc... but that should come with a higher standard, and that starts with hiring. Hiring should be much more restrictive, and staying on a police force (at least in a position that interfaces with public) should come with a requirement to maintain training, fitness, professionalism standards. Wages and other benefits should be adjusted to keep applicant pipeline from drying up. Also, officers (at least ones that interface with the public) should have things taken off their plate. I'm talking about mental health calls and things like that. Maybe have them as backup or secondary if a situation might go sideways, but you should have pro's with the proper training responding to situations accordingly.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Note on his College point, he did say "Community College"

I have agreed for many years, that at least 2 year Community College should be free. A great way for many to work and advance their skills to eventually get ahead.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend

You do realize that if they expand Amtrak (which I am entirely all for) the money will end up coming from the American tax payer.. (Mr. Bezos is safe cause he doesn't pay taxes)

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm with you there and that's exactly how it is here in Tennessee. I've always said that spending money isn't always a bad thing. At the same time you need to consider the return on your investment. A better educated populace draws in jobs that we lose to other countries because our work force isn't prepared to fill those jobs. It creates an environment that helps build a strong economy.

It has and is working wonders here in Tennessee. At one time the main jobs being drawn here were low tech jobs. Some paid a decent wage but not nearly what tech jobs and white collar jobs pay.

That's all changing now and the dividends it's paying is phenomenal. To compete economically on the world stage, we must have a workforce prepared to attract those jobs. A strong economy is the return you get on that community college investment.

I mean people are right about not everyone is ready, able or wants to go to college. But then nobody is forcing you to get a four year degree or even a two year degree at Community college. But I also believe people need to stop and think about something. Our cars, our appliances and more things we use every day are computer driven. A two year degree or at least technical training is needed for a lot more jobs now than ever before that one may not have considered in the past.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

You do realize that if they expand Amtrak (which I am entirely all for) the money will end up coming from the American tax payer.. (Mr. Bezos is safe cause he doesn't pay taxes)

Of course. Where else would it come from?

No Craps Given
F
Legend
Legend
F
There are many problems with a national railroad service.

We are a very spread out country, most living in suburbs, so you have to drive and park at the station, so why not drive?

Services in regional areas might be possible, but nationwide would be difficult. Figure in the cost alone, much less acquiring the land rights, political issues, ridership, make it near impossible.

Here's a good video on some of it

Last edited by FloridaFan; 09/15/21 02:22 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've given this some thought and the only logical way it would seem to work in America would not be a west coast to east coast line. I could see a west coast line going from north to south and an east cost line going north to south though with tributaries running somewhat to the interior on both lines.

ie. Chicago going east to the east coast line with other stops and connectors along the way.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I though the link should have been to......

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I've given this some thought and the only logical way it would seem to work in America would not be a west coast to east coast line. I could see a west coast line going from north to south and an east cost line going north to south though with tributaries running somewhat to the interior on both lines.

ie. Chicago going east to the east coast line with other stops and connectors along the way.

Agreed, smaller regional areas makes more sense. Most people are going to fly if going cross country.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think they should have a high-speed rail that makes it from Mason, OH to Cleveland Browns stadium in one hour, for free.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

And you are ok with Mr.Bezos not paying taxes?

Last edited by Damanshot; 09/15/21 06:46 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E

How is this related to Amtrak?

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's not. But, look who you replied to.

If you want to turn it into a tax thing (daman), you probably ought to look at the people that write the tax code: Congress.

I'm sure Bezos hasn't broken any laws. Followed the tax code. If someone wants to gripe, go to the people that write the code.

Course, those people only care about money coming in to them, so they can get re-elected - as 'public servants'.

Just today I saw an article about the new tax plan the........well, it doesn't matter what party came up with it - but it would raise the tax 11% of on those making a million or more. Great headline. Bet there are loopholes galore in that bill though.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Problem with the tax argument by many is they are going by the medias stated net worth, not what the person actually earned.

I know I sure as heck don't want to pay taxes based on my net worth every year, that would surely negate any advantage of saving or investing.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Agreed, smaller regional areas makes more sense. Most people are going to fly if going cross country.
For me, I just want to see a push in the right direction. Whether that's building up regional public transportation and then expanding to longer-distance routes, or the other way around makes no difference to me.

As for flying being dominant, the airline industry is a necessary evil only because it basically has a monopoly. You won't convince me otherwise that competition would be a good thing when it comes to domestic travel.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's a 'Dream List', and part of the list is de-screwing our tax code.

Between this being a pie-in-the-sky exercise, and it including cleaning up the revenue side of things... I think we've wasted money on far worse things than what's listed here.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

For me, I just want to see a push in the right direction. Whether that's building up regional public transportation and then expanding to longer-distance routes, or the other way around makes no difference to me.

As for flying being dominant, the airline industry is a necessary evil only because it basically has a monopoly. You won't convince me otherwise that competition would be a good thing when it comes to domestic travel.

No doubt some high speed rails would be beneficial, especially for shorter travel. NYC to Chicago. Cleveland to Atlanta, NYC to Miami all seem feasible if the cost savings over air make it tolerable.

And that is a big part of success. If I can take a train from NYC to Miami (1300 miles), in maybe 9 hrs(assuming minimal stops and 200+ mph speeds), then it needs to be priced competitive to getting there in 3 hrs by air. And I know TSA and all that, but even for rail I would bet there would be early arrival times and security checks that require you don't show up 10 mins before the train leaves.

As for cross country, most people are not going to take a 18+ hr train trip to get from NYC to LA when they can do it in 7 by air. Sure some would, but not enough to warrant the cost. Even if it did become available, I would bet it would be multiple trains/lines with many extra stops making it more like a 24+ hr trip.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Why? I'm trying to find a decent flight from Cinci to Vegas in Nov, and my options are to overpay for a reasonable flight, or be traveling for 10+ hours. Perhaps this is an isolated incident due to the labor/route shortage going on right now, and is probably exacerbated by the route I want to take (Cinci airport doesn't really seem to 'go anywhere' vs when I lived in Southern California and had decent route options).

The math shifts in favor of air the longer travel distances get, and the urgency in which you need to get there. I think the airline industry is LONG overdue for some legit competition, and I think there's room.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Traveling during COVID doesn't help either. I've noticed that CVG cut off a lot of their direct routes.

FWIW, pre-COVID I used to fly Delta a lot out of CVG. I found - for whatever reason - their flights out of there were always cheapest to book on a Friday about 2-2.5 months out (which is your window right now).

Sorry if you knew all this already.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I did not. Thanks!

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

The math shifts in favor of air the longer travel distances get, and the urgency in which you need to get there..

Isn't that what I said like 2 or 3 times now?

Regional travel trains would be good, even coastal NYC to Miami, but cross country will still be better by air, UNLESS, the price is so ridiculously low that people will put up with the longer travel times. Again, that takes into account urgency, as you said, as part of the equation.

Now granted if I'm taking a 2-3 week vacation out west and again, time is not an issue, I might consider a nice train ride to save money, as well as the comfort of more space to move around.

But If the demand isn't there, those trains will run far less, and possibly restrict your travel days. It's why your Cin to Vegas flight is so restricted, the demand for that flight is not there.

Legend
Legend

Amtrak is the national rail system... Didn't you know that.. Did you just learn something from me..

Geez.... Is that you want to start from scratch with Rail service?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E

Amtrak is the national rail system... Didn't you know that.. Did you just learn something from me..

Geez.... Is that you want to start from scratch with Rail service?

What a non-answer.

Again, what does Amtrak have to do with Bezos?

(Do I need to write it in crayons for you?)

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
It's not. But, look who you replied to.

If you want to turn it into a tax thing (daman), you probably ought to look at the people that write the tax code: Congress.

I'm sure Bezos hasn't broken any laws. Followed the tax code. If someone wants to gripe, go to the people that write the code.

Course, those people only care about money coming in to them, so they can get re-elected - as 'public servants'.

Just today I saw an article about the new tax plan the........well, it doesn't matter what party came up with it - but it would raise the tax 11% of on those making a million or more. Great headline. Bet there are loopholes galore in that bill though.

Do you actually know what Amtrak is? As I explained to Eve, it exists as the premier rail system in America.

Are you suggesting we scrap it and start from scratch.

As for Tax issues,, It's ALWAYS AN ISSUE WHEN THE WEALTHY AND CORPORATIONS GET TAX BREAKS TO THE POINT OF NOT PAYING TAXES AT ALL

Are you OK with Bezos and others like him and major corporations NOT paying taxes? Do you like that? Do you want to pick up the slack? Is that really your stance?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Are you stupid or just reaching really hard? Everybody knows Amtrak is run by the govt. This is a thread about *gasp* upgrades wishlist for our Govt.

Buy a clue.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
What are you rambling about??? Really.

CAN YOU READ, AND understand the written word?

Uh, yeah, I know what amtrak is, probably used it more than you.

What does Bezos have to do with it? Perhaps you missed my freaking post about taking up his tax situation with the people that wrote the tax code? you had to miss that. Trust me, if Bezos was cheating the system, the IRS would've been all over him.

Get a grip.

Legend
Legend
Are you stupid or just reaching really hard? Everybody knows Amtrak is run by the govt. This is a thread about *gasp* upgrades wishlist for our Govt.

Buy a clue.

Did you just admit that the Government runs AMTRAK? If so, how the hell can you and Arch for that matter, not think that Amtrak belongs in this conversation.

How in the hell can you not see how we can't do stuff to fix it without collecting tax from EVERYONE.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
What are you rambling about??? Really.

CAN YOU READ, AND understand the written word?

Uh, yeah, I know what amtrak is, probably used it more than you.

What does Bezos have to do with it? Perhaps you missed my freaking post about taking up his tax situation with the people that wrote the tax code? you had to miss that. Trust me, if Bezos was cheating the system, the IRS would've been all over him.

Get a grip.

If you can't understand a hole in the tax code, you are beyond any reason.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A

Buy a clue.

Did you just admit that the Government runs AMTRAK? If so, how the hell can you and Arch for that matter, not think that Amtrak belongs in this conversation.

How in the hell can you not see how we can't do stuff to fix it without collecting tax from EVERYONE.

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION???????

Did Bezos cheat the system? If so, show links. If not, shut it.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Because Damon is lost, here is my actual first post in a thread about Govt upgrades. I am the poster who brought up Amtrak. GEE I WONDER WHY AMTRAK WOULD BE DISCUSSED IN A THREAD ABOUT GOVERNMENT UPGRADES.

I honestly think you need psychiatric help. Or have your Dr increase your meds or something.

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T
I wish I lived in a country with the major media controlled by the pentagon and the government. When I turn major CBS programming "big brother" tv show, and the network, show, and host Julie Chin Moonves, don't celebrate how the game players,
openly, in a racist way, conspired to only keep black people in the game.
and then celebrate their ways.

They didn't even make any mistake about the reason they chose how they did, was the color of their skin, but openly proclaim it.

I wish I lived in a country that didn't discriminate against people for the color of their skin, but as long as it's against the whites, it's celebrated. White children who have to grow up in this constantly discriminatory country always claiming white people bad, black people good. The message is clear, it's getting worse.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Note on his College point, he did say "Community College"

I have agreed for many years, that at least 2 year Community College should be free. A great way for many to work and advance their skills to eventually get ahead.

The democrat leftist model, cannot exist economically without a permanent underclass of uneducated people to oppress. So we are in a situation like Cuba, or North Korea, no matter whether they give everybody 2 years or 4 years or whatever.
You can't have a rising tide lifts all boats, with the democrats. It has to be the republicans or some new unyet created philosophy.
The democrats, only ... worse things than

B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt Dems need and seek to keep a underclass in this country.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Dream List of American Freedoms/Upgrades

Link Copied to Clipboard