Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OldColdDawg #1879854 09/01/21 11:26 AM
Legend
Legend
Ballsy move by Urban. I hope others follow suit.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
eotab #1879858 09/01/21 11:33 AM
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawgs4Life #1879868 09/01/21 11:45 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I don’t see how teams wouldn’t privately discuss vaccination status. Stating it publicly might be another issue lol
Even the stating it out loud part... with how the NFL came in hot regarding COVID rules and punishments... and with guys already getting busted by the hall monitors... how anyone can get their pants in a wad over a coach making this part of their decision-making is fake, IMO.

If you have a problem with this, it's the NFL you should be whining at.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
eotab #1880390 09/03/21 01:02 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hopefully we don't have any COVID reserve players heading into the first game. Hope all the players are smart this long weekend.

eotab #1881179 09/08/21 05:46 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns center JC Tretter, president of the NFLPA, issued a stern warning Tuesday that all NFL players should be tested for COVID-19 daily — either vaccinated or unvaccinated — or risk not getting through a full NFL season amid the ongoing pandemic and raging Delta variant.

Currently, unvaccinated players are tested every day, and vaccinated players are tested once every seven days — recently changed from once every two weeks at the start of the season.

The NFL is opposed to daily testing for vaccinated players and staff members who work closely with players, and has only agreed so far to the once-a-week cadence. But according to Tretter — and a few vaccinated players such as the Cardinals’ Justin Pugh who have tested positive — once a week isn’t good enough.

They don’t believe it’s safe or effective, and have the numbers to back up their claims. In fact, Tretter states unequivocally that the league is in “a worse spot” than last year because of the lack of daily for testing for all, and has been calling for it since at least Aug. 5.

“Clubs have been instructed to test fully vaccinated players and staff over the course of three days each week,’’ Tretter wrote on the NFLPA website. “This then leaves 4-6 days where we don’t know if a vaccinated individual is positive for COVID and shedding virus to those around him. If that happens -- as we have seen it happen repeatedly during training camp -- it could lead to these two bad scenarios:

“Scenario 1: For up to six days, the virus spreads throughout the facility with no one knowing. When it gets to the following Monday, the team resumes testing and 10+ players and staff test positive. Those 10+ people now are in doubt for the following game. Some may be able to get cleared before, but some won’t; and that team will be missing key players.

“Scenario 2: An individual becomes symptomatic on a Friday, which causes additional testing of high-risk close contacts (HRCCs). We find a cluster of positives, which wipes out multiple players a day before the game.’’

Tretter stressed that the league has seen significantly more incidents of transmission inside the building this year than last year, including an outbreak among the highly-vaccinated Titans.

“Transmission within our building is what kills us,’’ he wrote. “When we don’t have our finger on the pulse of what’s going on inside our buildings, we set ourselves up for failure,’’ Tretter wrote. “We’ve seen scenarios like these happen multiple times over the last month. Recently, Tennessee finished up with 14 positives – and the team was 97% vaccinated at that time. It’s not hard to realize how devastating that would be during a week of the regular season. Yet, incidents like this have flown under the radar because players missing training camp practices or preseason games isn’t big news. That will not be the case moving forward and a few teams are already without, or at risk of being without, key starters heading into this opening weekend.

“A weekly testing cadence doesn’t just increase the likelihood that the games suffer because players are missing from the field; it also increases the likelihood of a game being cancelled altogether. If a game gets cancelled, nobody gets paid – including the owners – for the revenues lost from that game. The players lose out, the fans lose out, and the owners lose out. It’s the worst-case scenario that we should all be actively working to avoid – and the fact that we aren’t continues to be a source of frustration for our union.

“We are all tired. No one likes that this is the world we are living in still this season. No one likes mitigation methods. But we cannot do what is easy over what is right. We cannot do what is cheaper over what is right. We have been warned by our experts that, because of our current testing cadence, we are at more risk of missed games this season than last season. If we continue to go down this path, I need everyone in the football community to be aware of what lies ahead.’’

Tretter and the union call for daily testing of vaccinated players, as well as the unvaccinated

Already this week, vaccinated players such as Cowboys starting left tackle Zack Martin could miss the opener against the Bucs after testing positive, and a fully vaccinated Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu hasn’t been activated for the Browns game after testing positive last week. Pugh, the Cardinals’ fully-vaccinated guard, called for daily testing for all last month after testing positive when they were still on the once-every-14-days cadence.

“Hey @NFL we need daily testing for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players,” he tweeted then. “I was vaccinated and still got covid. As of now vaccinated players test every 14 days. That’s not enough! Who knows how long I walked around the building with it or whoever I got it from! Fix this ASAP”

NFL Teams also had to sweat out COVID testing this week after players had a mandatory three-day break. Unvaccinated players had to remain in town and be tested every day, while vaccinated players were permitted to enjoy the long weekend. But teams feared they’ve have some positive tests heading into opening weekend. Unvaccinated players who test positive must quarantine for 10 days, while vaccinated players can return to the field after two negative tests in a 24-hour period.

The Browns have about 90% of their players vaccinated, and only second-round linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah has been placed on COVID-19 reserve since training camp began.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
eotab #1881180 09/08/21 05:47 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think based on what the Union is saying we are headed for trouble. I sure hope the coaches have had some long talks with the players along with Tretter and the Union.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O
One of the things I was told last year when we were in the thick of things was that testing shouldn't be used as a crutch or an 'out' to cover for lax distancing, masking, etc. At this point, with NFL vaccination numbers being what they are and the NFL hall monitors doing their thing, I think they would get far more bang for their buck (in terms of safety) to hammer on other preventative measures and look to testing when it's impossible to stay out of someone else's un-masked face.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
eotab #1881211 09/08/21 09:24 AM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I have to agree to an extent, you can't have two different testing protocols based on Vaccination status when its been proven that being vaccinated doesn't reduce your viral load or ability to transmit despite your resilience to have the virus affect you. So its simple, everyone in the buildings and sidelines should mask and they should test every day. Its the only way to build in an extra layer of safety that will cut down on missed games due to exposure or close contact.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
leadtheway #1883630 09/14/21 02:28 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

eotab #1883647 09/14/21 02:56 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Daughter and Son-in-law just went to a concert over the weekend where they had to show proof of vaccination or a negative test from that day. They ARE NOT vaccinated so they did the tests. Kroger did the tests, they got the negative results, and entry to the concert went smooth for them, but they said many were turned away... Everybody better get used to this new normal.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
OldColdDawg #1883651 09/14/21 03:11 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’ve got an art/music festival gig in Vegas this weekend. I believe all attendees must show proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours or something. For me and my crew to get into the crew/talent catering tents we have to be fully vaccinated. Period. Two on our crew are not... having had only their first jab. So the rest of us will have to schlep food out of the catering tents for them all week. I’ll be wearing a KN95 in those tents regardless. Eat outside.
I’m glad festivals are doing this. Large crowds need these safety measures.

[Linked Image]
eotab #1883658 09/14/21 03:53 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
eotab #1883765 09/15/21 05:52 AM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Here we go, it starts already. Saints are first victims. Honestly I agree with tretter. Tests should be done every day, it may not be as bad as last season but o fully expect that every nfl team will deal with multiple positive tests at least once

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
OldColdDawg #1883771 09/15/21 07:41 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Daughter and Son-in-law just went to a concert over the weekend where they had to show proof of vaccination or a negative test from that day. They ARE NOT vaccinated so they did the tests. Kroger did the tests, they got the negative results, and entry to the concert went smooth for them, but they said many were turned away... Everybody better get used to this new normal.

"Show me your papers" has never been normal in this country. I don't think telling people they better get used to it is as sure of a thing as you hope. Stuff like your example is going to catch up and then the question is going to be can these venues afford to be so discriminatory just as a matter sufficient customers. Maybe they can, maybe they won't. My wife and I will be in a similar situation here a few weeks as your daughter and son in law.

Last spring I bought concert tickets for an act she's been wanting to see for years up in D.C. They play in October, 2 weeks after her birthday so I looked like a hero hoping to surprise her. The show was sold out back then so I ended up paying 3x the ticket cost from a third party, got the hotel reserved.

A couple weeks ago I checked and found out the venue is going to start requiring proof of vaxx or neg test the week before the show. The board should know how I feel about this already lol. Anyway, I had to break the surprise to her and gave her the option as I'll already have to be getting a weekly test for my job. She said to go ahead and cancel it on the off chance one of us pops POS the week before and end up wasting the money.

So I go to sell the tickets... or try to. They're locked. The ticket insurance won't cover cancellations related to Covid either. On top of that, tickets for that show were available again through the primary vendor, AT their original price. However, if you bought those tickets they would not be eligible for a refund. Essentially they lock you in to the transaction.

I suspect what happened was they started to see an increase in people returning their tickets and had to slow the bleeding. We'll see how it goes. If for some reason we can't get in to the show, D.C. is still a place we like to visit.

The comedian Jim Bruer announce he's cancelling any of his shows where the venue is demanding proof from patrons. I guess that's half of his tour? My guess is that he probably won't be out much money if at all because I don't think he'll have a hard time replacing tour dates in the places that don't require proof.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in Buffalo for sure.

I'd also warn against being too cocksure when encouraging people to embrace a new normal. Its easy to say that when you are talking about entertainment. I don't think its as easy to be so glib when we see reports of hospitals losing 10-40% of its nursing and medical staff through resignation over vaxx mandates and being overworked because of all the unnecessary layoffs over the course of the pandemic. It looks like decreased access to medical care is going to be the new normal too.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DevilDawg2847 #1883858 09/15/21 02:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dear Lord.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DevilDawg2847 #1883862 09/15/21 02:29 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Get the vaccine and the issues end. smh. Or just keep being you and deal with whatever comes down the pike like it is a conspiracy against YOU instead of a viral pandemic.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DevilDawg2847 #1883871 09/15/21 02:36 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Assuming you paid with a credit card, you can pursue your refund via them. If you bought the tickets and then changed the terms of using said tickets, I imagine it shouldn't be hard to get your money back.

-PrplPplEater
OldColdDawg #1883878 09/15/21 02:40 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
You're telling others to get the vaccination while your daughter and son in law haven't.

archbolddawg #1883885 09/15/21 03:02 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
As Strother Martin said, "Some people you just can't reach."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
OldColdDawg #1883925 09/15/21 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

NEW NORMAL??????????? Hell if I'm going to roll over to the Tyrannical Global Elite!

SuperBrown #1883932 09/15/21 05:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well there's always Covid. You could just roll over and not be playing dead.

#gmstrong
DevilDawg2847 #1883944 09/15/21 06:31 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
"Show me your papers" has never been normal in this country.

And even today it's unusual unless your in a pandemic, which we are. 650,000 Americans are DEAD from it... Can't be denied.

Quote:
The comedian Jim Bruer announce he's cancelling any of his shows where the venue is demanding proof from patrons.

What kind of performer wants to risk the lives of his/her fans. Who is dumb enough to do that. I don't know who Jim Bruer is and I don't care. If all he wants to do is be political instead of proactive, I don't want to know who he is.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1883958 09/15/21 07:23 PM
Legend
Legend
You should stop listening to Eric Clapton's music, too.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Covid

Link Copied to Clipboard