Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1884006 09/16/21 06:10 AM
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I'll be there, section 330.

After opting out of the season tickets last year, I am excited about going to a game again. After sitting around many of the same people for a number of years, they become friends of sorts. It will be interesting to see how many have returned. The same goes for the section usher Bob and the bar tenders. I don't drink alcohol anymore but I will probably still go up and tip them, just because.

It will be great to hit a couple of different lots to renew old friendships with "lot" people I have met over the years. Some of whom have become more than friends of "sorts".

The plan is to leave tomorrow morning and spend Friday night up around Columbus, then hit Cleveland Saturday morning, but, once I hit Columbus I have a funny feeling I will say screw it and just roll on in to Cleveland.

Going with my son to this one and will go a bit cheaper and stay at the Red Roof in Middleburgh Heights/Berea. I upgrade a bit when I bring the Queen.

What about you folks? Who's going and what are the plans? Hope to see you there.

Go Browns!!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I also opted out of 2020. It was my first season with my upgraded seats in section 336, so this Sunday will be the first time I will see my new seats. I plan on going to the Burke Lakefront tailgate with Columbus, Saint, and whomever else will be there. I'll be wearing my new Chubb jersey (1946 series white) and my new shoes.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Cool. I will probably run in to you. I too will probably walk over to the Burke as well. I have ben gating with guys like Saint and Diesel going back near 20 years over in the Muni.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Can't make it to this one, Bears will be my opening day.

I'm also in 336, Row 13. Fourth year with these seats. Look forward to seeing you all this season and stopping by to see Saint, Diesel, CBus, Lurker and 'Peen in the Burke!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Same row...I have seats #1-2

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Sweet! I've got 17-20... I'll see you at the Bears game!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

rofl

T
Legend
Legend
T
It's Burden enough to be interrupted by the directtvstream commercial over 40 times in 24 hours while enjoying media.
NFL owners get over 100 million dollars a year from TV deals, maybe 4 times that. Going to a game would be like paying them twice.
The Browns gameday experience for a regular person from Columbus Ohio, includes getting up early on a rare day to sleep in.
Aiming to leave the House by 9am but never really getting on the road until after 10 am. A 2 hour 45 minute drive to the parking lot which one is always convinced is closer to 2 hours. The walk to the stadium and any other delays meaning but in seats time is mid 2nd quarter earliest;
Just in time to ponder beating the halftime rush to the toilets, nevermind a food standing in line wait, that's not worth it.

Navigating about 2-3 of the 400 people around being falling down drunk not just regular drunk but falling down type.
The bathroom line, full of sights, sounds, smells, and close proximities with strangers, woo hoo.
Avoiding fights on the post game walk to the parking lot that usually seems to be the most likely place and time.
but, one of the highlighted worst parts, specific to the Columbus Ohio Browns game experience.

The 2 hour 45 minute drive back down 71, A 2 hour 45 minute slalom course of dangerous drivers, dodging near death collisions. You realize about 10 minutes in, there is no reasonable way to avoid this, it continues for probably 3 hours if you leave the game anytime other than way early i'll guess.
Arrival home, probably a loss, = exhaustion, 8 pm or later looming. Missing out on anything else with the few days off a year work actually allows, 75 hours a week to still fail attempting to survive democrats economies. And Monday morning looming on the horizon.

Staying home from a Browns game. = not putting your life in danger on the drive home, not peeing around strangers waiting in line in front and behind you. Avoiding the drunks who are looking for a fight 10 percent of the time. (what percent is acceptable?)
And, you see more football. And, you still feel as bad because the team loses, but ...
If they go 0-2, 0-3 will be possible, and 0-3 will be a melt down.
Rude awakening. (Not to even mention the weather.)

C
Legend
Legend
C
So you’re going?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When you do stay around Columbus, where do you stay?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Why would they not allow alcohol during tailgating?

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
I’ll be there in the 7Up Club. Going with my youngest son and neighbor and his son who managed to get season tickets right near my seats.

I opted out of 2020 as well. Can’t wait to be back for an actual regular season game.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
When you do stay around Columbus, where do you stay?

I don't know. I rarely stay around Columbus. The last time was maybe 4-5 years ago. We stayed out around Turtle Creek(?) on the west by-pass. I forget the hotel brand...some sort of Sheraton I think. I wanted to eat at a spot Columbus liked...I think the name was the Rectory...it was like eating in a monastery...it was very good.

I usually like to stay just outside town or at least near, so if I decide to stop, probably up around Polaris Rd area.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Why would they not allow alcohol during tailgating?

I never said that, if you are talking to me. I said I don't drink anymore. One year last month. Four days in the hospital with a liver in a bad way took care of that for me.

No worries girl, I had way more than the better than average person, so I don't feel denied. I still sit at bars and drink non-alcoholic beers or club soda with a lime to at least look the part. There are some pretty darn good non-alcoholic beers out there.

It has been surprisingly easy to quit because quitting was something I had thought about for a few years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I’ll be there in the 7Up Club. Going with my youngest son and neighbor and his son who managed to get season tickets right near my seats.

I opted out of 2020 as well. Can’t wait to be back for an actual regular season game.

Cool. I understand. I am stoked to get back. Not sure what the 7UP Club is, but anywhere is good by me.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry, it was in reponse to that Cleveland Police tweet.

I'm happy for you to be sober now. Its hard to do if you habitually drink. Congrats on that! Thats a big acomplishment.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Cool. I understand. I am stoked to get back. Not sure what the 7UP Club is, but anywhere is good by me.

The 7Up club are the club seats with the city view. That side of the club seats just happens to have a sponsored whereas I believe the lake side clubs don’t have a sponsor and is just called the lake club. City side clubs used to be called the BMW club. My seats are on the 38 yard line.

I’d imagine you’ve never seen the 7Up club signage or heard that before because you go in a different entrance.

We’ll probably do pregame at the Hilton on Lakeside or we’ve gone to Karl’s In of the Barristers before. Then head into stadium around noon.

M
Legend
Legend
M
It’s almost become a running home. Every year the Cleveland police send out a notice about no alcohol in the muni lot that everyone ignores and the police do not enforce.

It’s not unreasonable to say that per capita, the muni lot may have the highest levels of alcohol consumption compared to anywhere else on Earth.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Carl retired a few months ago. He's now likely to be holding the other end of that beer-bong.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Now I understand. I didn't know that. Yeah, I just go where I am going. I don't pay any attention to signs and rarely walk around the south side of the stadium.

You ought to come down to the Burke lot. Don't worry, we don't bite. It's always nice to meet up with fellow dawgs.

I like Karl's. Great little spot. My son and I plan on the team shop Saturday morning and may just stop at Karls for a big ass corned beef sandwich for lunch. That or maybe head to Lakewood and go to Melt. Luckily the Buckeyes don't play until 3:30 so finding a lunch spot shouldn't be impossible.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It’s almost become a running home. Every year the Cleveland police send out a notice about no alcohol in the muni lot that everyone ignores and the police do not enforce.

It’s not unreasonable to say that per capita, the muni lot may have the highest levels of alcohol consumption compared to anywhere else on Earth.

I would think that the consumption of alcohol would be taking a sharp dip at this point.

In the past you used to have to be drunk just to get yourself to go into the stadium now it's actually entertaining to watch the game without being hammered.

My things sure have changed haven't they?

JMHO

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Now I understand. I didn't know that. Yeah, I just go where I am going. I don't pay any attention to signs and rarely walk around the south side of the stadium.

You ought to come down to the Burke lot. Don't worry, we don't bite. It's always nice to meet up with fellow dawgs.

I like Karl's. Great little spot. My son and I plan on the team shop Saturday morning and may just stop at Karls for a big ass corned beef sandwich for lunch. That or maybe head to Lakewood and go to Melt. Luckily the Buckeyes don't play until 3:30 so finding a lunch spot shouldn't be impossible.

We’ll need to go to dinner some Saturday night you camping through Columbus.

And like Peen said Milk, come on down to our tailgate! Be great to meet some other board members. We are doing Texas BBQ at this one.

And THROW, how on earth does it take you 2:45 to get there? I’ve been doing cbus to Cleveland for almost 20 years on game day, it’s 2 hours.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Gotta avoid the 5G.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The last three Browns games I attended were all over 1,000 miles from Cleveland (London, Tampa, Denver). I really need to make it back there at some point. Hell, I was 24 when I met you all the last time in person. Now I'm 38.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All Greys!

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peen, The restaurant you're referring to is the Refectory. It's a 5 star.

Peen, Fate, W84Nxt.. Looking forward to seeing your weaselly lil butts again LOL..

Milk.. you're invited.

We have an excellent tailgate planned with a Texas BBQ theme.

At the Center of the Burke lot, Feel free to PM me or Columbusdawg for details.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Correct. It is the Rectory.

If you were on the west outer belt, most likely Tuttle Crossing.

Really hoping to get to a home game this year. I am going w some friends to Cincy for our game there.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Correct. It is the Rectory.

If you were on the west outer belt, most likely Tuttle Crossing.

Really hoping to get to a home game this year. I am going w some friends to Cincy for our game there.

Ok....so I am confused...is it the Rectory or Refectory? LOL

At any rate, it was very good.

Yes, Tuttle Crossing. The hotel was the Hyatt Place, not a Sheraton brand...I passed them today. I got in to Columbus around 3PM and just decided to make it on in to Cleveland.

I figured I probably would. Columbus is a tough place for me to stop.

I either leave early like today, get to Columbus around 2-3 after 7 hours of driving, then figure I might as well just go another 2-2.5 hours and get to my destination...or I leave late and don't get much further than Lexington, KY and it's starting to get late, so I stop there.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Appreciate the invite fellas, but won't be able to make it this time. Neighbor and I are going to take the kids/boys to checkout the pregame events on Dawg Pound drive this go around.

I'll be up at all the games this season though unless work travel gets in the way of a game.

Side note, did anyone register for the facial recognition so you do not have to show your tickets and can enter through the easy access gate(s)?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok....so I am confused...is it the Rectory or Refectory? LOL

Autocorrect thinks its the Rectory. It is the Refectory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Side note, did anyone register for the facial recognition so you do not have to show your tickets and can enter through the easy access gate(s)?
I tried, but the app wouldn't recognize my camera, so I couldn't upload a selfie.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I understand getting there early......but, what about restrooms and such?
On a side note, wife and I, along with sis in law and bro in law and their son are heading to the bears game next weekend.

I figured we'd park where Saint and Columbus used to have their tailgate - I don't know what it's called.....the docks? What time do we need to be there?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Burke Lakefront Airport.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Was that to me?

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Burke Lakefront Airport.

I guess I don't understand your comment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saint is at Burke Lakefront airport parking lot. It fills up quickly. I think I got there about 10 am.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 31 Texans 21 Who's going to the game?

Link Copied to Clipboard