Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1890380 10/06/21 12:32 AM
S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Weat coast trips are hard games to win, but if we want to make the playoffs these are the kinda games we have to win. Baker and the rest of the offense bounce back in a nail biter.

Browns-24
Chargers-23

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
slick #1890383 10/06/21 01:47 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns 27
Chargers 23

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
slick #1890400 10/06/21 06:52 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Control the line of scrimmage and turn JOK lose like we have been on D.

Do not turn the ball over on Offense short quick passes with a mix of screen plays at key moments.

Control the line of scrimmage with our #1 O line.

Chubb and Hunt them and we win walking away.

Browns 28 Bolts 13.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
slick #1890412 10/06/21 07:51 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is a tough nut to crack. I, like most of you, watched the Monday night game and thought hmmm, they look pretty good. If we come away with a victory I think it’ll be our first against a legit team. (The Vikings IMO are not legit).

But I’m just not seeing anything in the way of balance and consistency out of the Browns and a trip across the county isn’t going help matters. It seems to me that we are perennially a late season momentum team. We’re still a young team and it seems like it takes us 6 or 7 games for Baker and the crew to find their stride. I’m chalking this up as an L.

Browns 24
Chargers 31

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
This is a tough nut to crack. I, like most of you, watched the Monday night game and thought hmmm, they look pretty good. If we come away with a victory I think it’ll be our first against a legit team. (The Vikings IMO are not legit).

But I’m just not seeing anything in the way of balance and consistency out of the Browns and a trip across the county isn’t going help matters. It seems to me that we are perennially a late season momentum team. We’re still a young team and it seems like it takes us 6 or 7 games for Baker and the crew to find their stride. I’m chalking this up as an L.

Browns 24
Chargers 31

I find it sorta weird you have the Bolts scoring 31 against our defense. I think if they win and that is a big if, it will be a low scoring affair. But hey it's opinion you got yours I got mine....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
slick #1890434 10/06/21 08:52 AM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Our passing offense will rebound a bit this week, and run game will keep this close, but our D will have a bit of a letdown game, I think.

Chargers 31
Browns 28

Browns fans are born with it...
dnadawg #1890475 10/06/21 11:17 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns 29
Chargers 24

Browns get to 29 with 3 TDs, 1 2-pt conversion, 2 FGs, and a safety.

yebat' Putin
slick #1890490 10/06/21 12:06 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
This will be a tough one, Unless Baker stops doing what he's been doing this will be a pretty big L. Best defense we've faced and an offense averaging almost 30 a game, they are the most complete team we've played to date

LA-35
Browns-24

Last edited by leadtheway; 10/06/21 12:06 PM.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
leadtheway #1890495 10/06/21 12:14 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Best defense we've faced

only because we've already faced the Bears and knocked them down the rankings. And, they are a classic example of a defense that has a good pass defense ranking because their run defense is so terrible nobody bothers to pass a ton.

and an offense averaging almost 30 a game, they are the most complete team we've played to date

No, the Chiefs are still better in every respect, and our defense is lightyears from where it was when we played them.
Also, prior to playing us and getting knocked down the rankings, the Vikings were a FAR superior offense.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

slick #1890497 10/06/21 12:19 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns - 20

Chargers - 17

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Best defense we've faced

only because we've already faced the Bears and knocked them down the rankings. And, they are a classic example of a defense that has a good pass defense ranking because their run defense is so terrible nobody bothers to pass a ton.

and an offense averaging almost 30 a game, they are the most complete team we've played to date

No, the Chiefs are still better in every respect, and our defense is lightyears from where it was when we played them.
Also, prior to playing us and getting knocked down the rankings, the Vikings were a FAR superior offense.

not even close.. Chiefs defense is almost at the bottom. 2nd to last actually and they give up more points than any team in the league and 3rd most rush yards a game, and the vikings aren't even in the top 15 in offense. Whereas the chargers are top 10 in both. I wouldn't say our defense is light years ahead as much as we've played lesser offenses, I do think our defense is much better and have more identity now. But data supports my statement that Chargers are the most complete team we've faced thus far in the season.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamsta...oup=D&conf=

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
slick #1890515 10/06/21 01:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns 14
Chargers 7
brownie

leadtheway #1890534 10/06/21 01:37 PM
Legend
Legend
Re-read my post: We were talking about Chargers and Chiefs offenses, not their defenses.
Chiefs are better. Prior to playing us, Vikings were better.

Now, if you want to harp on just the "most complete" aspect, then I say that it's a fool's gold ranking due to how absurdly terrible their run defense is, which ABSOLUTELY is inflating their pass defense ranking.

I'm not saying they aren't good, or even that their offense isn't potentially dangerous or that their defense won't challenge our passing game, but I am saying that it's not anything we haven't seen and whether it is offense or defense, we've faced better already this season.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
To add:

Their run defense was SHREDDED by Tony Pollard and Zeke Elliot. Edwards-Hellaire was getting close to 6.0 ypc. Whoever Antonio Gibson is with the WFT, he was averaging 4.5 ypc over 20 carries, and they are a below average running team.

Again, not saying they aren't dangerous or to be taken seriously, but I think views of them is a little too slanted by Monday's game vs the Raiders.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
We obviously will watch that Cowboys game very closely when it comes to the running attack

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Re-read my post: We were talking about Chargers and Chiefs offenses, not their defenses.
Chiefs are better. Prior to playing us, Vikings were better.

Now, if you want to harp on just the "most complete" aspect, then I say that it's a fool's gold ranking due to how absurdly terrible their run defense is, which ABSOLUTELY is inflating their pass defense ranking.

I'm not saying they aren't good, or even that their offense isn't potentially dangerous or that their defense won't challenge our passing game, but I am saying that it's not anything we haven't seen and whether it is offense or defense, we've faced better already this season.

Chargers are a more complete team than the chiefs, anyone with eyes see that. Their offense is what they live and die on, and show me where i said chiefs offense wasn't as good as chargers, i don't think anyone outside of Arizona can score like the Chiefs do. I wasn't just talking about offense. I said complete team. Never even compared offenses between them. Said complete team. Meaning we aren't going to be able to score 14 and win. Herbert isn't Justin Fields or Cousins. If we don't get to him it will be a long day. But their defense is still the best we've seen yet. and they are good against the pass, so are we. This will probably be the best test on both sides we've had and will be a better marker of where we are as a team.

slick #1890604 10/06/21 05:31 PM
Legend
Legend
We surprise ourselves (and me!);

Da Browns 27

Charged 24

Unleash the Elves! brownie thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
slick #1890766 10/07/21 05:25 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns 28-17 Pressure on Herbert will be the difference smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
slick #1890785 10/07/21 09:13 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
This one is going to be tuff to hear.

Is this the game: where; Mayfield is going to take a hit from probably what's his name, and on the hit is going to fumble the ball, (which equals the fact the announcers can say, the browns haven't lost under Stefanski when they didn't turn the ball over.) - well that'd be the turnover,

so Mayfield takes the hit, fumbles because his arm/shoulder gets injured on the hit, because it already is, and then he goes out of ability to play for several weeks.

Let's consider left tackle for a second. 4 players possibly have been in discussion for play at left tackle, James Hudson, Blake Hance, Chris Hubbard, and Jed Wills. ( And that is not moving any of the other starters over there and keeps continuity of positions, i.e. not moving Conklin, or RG. (I forget our right guards name for a second, can you imagine..) Bitonio!
LG. (my other right)...

Can they play the 6 man line! With two on the left side, using all OL, not involving the TE's.
Use the TE's as you would outside a 5 man line. Focus on Njoku in pass catching and Hooper as a blocking option, other, shouldn't see the field.

Sit Schwartz, insert Higgins. 6 man line! 2 receivers, Odell and Higgins. One tight end or one Fullback, and then the Running back of the moment.

So an eligible OL, 4 more eligible targets, 1 rb, 1 TE,
or 2 RB's 0 te's. always the 6 man line.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 10/07/21 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling
slick #1890788 10/07/21 09:36 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We win by 2 scores.. 28-13

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
THROW LONG #1890791 10/07/21 09:42 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
This one is going to be tuff to hear.

Is this the game: where; Mayfield is going to take a hit from probably what's his name, and on the hit is going to fumble the ball, (which equals the fact the announcers can say, the browns haven't lost under Stefanski when they didn't turn the ball over.) - well that'd be the turnover,

so Mayfield takes the hit, fumbles because his arm/shoulder gets injured on the hit, because it already is, and then he goes out of ability to play for several weeks.

Let's consider left tackle for a second. 4 players possibly have been in discussion for play at left tackle, James Hudson, Blake Hance, Chris Hubbard, and Jed Wills. ( And that is not moving any of the other starters over there and keeps continuity of positions, i.e. not moving Conklin, or RG. (I forget our right guards name for a second, can you imagine..) Bitonio!
LG. (my other right)...

Can they play the 6 man line! With two on the left side, using all OL, not involving the TE's.
Use the TE's as you would outside a 5 man line. Focus on Njoku in pass catching and Hooper as a blocking option, other, shouldn't see the field.

Sit Schwartz, insert Higgins. 6 man line! 2 receivers, Odell and Higgins. One tight end or one Fullback, and then the Running back of the moment.

So an eligible OL, 4 more eligible targets, 1 rb, 1 TE,
or 2 RB's 0 te's. always the 6 man line.

It's OK Throw, you have a perfectly good excuse for you're confusion. Damn mom and dad for dropping you, you after all were but a babe........ rofl

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

slick #1890798 10/07/21 09:54 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
If the D shows up we win, period. Otherwise, it will be long day and we still win but it's close. And no I'm not a homer, I just know they can't beat us. If we lose this one, it will be because we've beat ourselves just like the KC game.

Browns 31-24

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Defense was working so of course... they are going
to change it. (^ Can't have that!)
By Bringing back Anthony Walker.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
NO other purpose but an insult. You are better than this.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
It's OK Throw, you have a perfectly good excuse for you're confusion. Damn mom and dad for dropping you, you after all were but a babe........ rofl

My theory:

[img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773...wfWeLGAk1rQNUx8[/img]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
THROW LONG #1890824 10/08/21 06:05 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
NO other purpose but an insult. You are better than this.

Your right about this.

Here is what I think you seem to have some knowledge and a different way of looking at things which is great and there is always value in out of the box thinking, I really believe that but man you say some things there are just out there, the question is why?

This group has been in every measure put together the best roster in the NFL and you said the other day that they place no value on talent (paraphrasing). You have to admit that is really out their given the roster being the best in the league. I say that not so much as a fan but as an observer so where does something like this come from? What is it that would make you say that?

Come on man you're better then some of the things you say, why are you so so so off the wall, it's truly odd and I really avoid reading what you write as I am sure many of the folks on here do as well because you are so out there, why?

I am not trying to put you down by what I just said, I guess I am trying to understand you. But my assumption is once you sorta explain where you are coming from I will still be confused because let's face it hardly anyone thinks like you, so it makes it impossible to understand whatever you do to explain yourself better.........

You just say really odd things, but please I mean this I apologize. I will go back to ignoring you it's better that way....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

slick #1890825 10/08/21 06:20 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I find some of the scores in this game odd, here is why.

The Bears are hardly a high power offense and they were run over by a bulldozer in the game we had with them.

That said they scored 6 points and 3 of those points were on a very questionable PI call.

Then we roll into Minn. and they score a grand total of 7 points and have somewhere around 250 total yards for the day.

With a bit of math that is a grand total of 13 points over the prior 2 weeks.

A not so great offense and a very well coached offense who had somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 points per game going into this game and they scored 7 for the afternoon.

Now we come to the Bolts and folks are saying they will put up 30 points or there about.

So what I am saying here is what makes folks think all of a sudden this defense falls on their face and gives up a number like that?

Logic tells me this will be a low scoring game, and I understand that the Bolts are a better team then what we have seen so far. I believe the Bolts are about to face the BEST defense they will see all year so why such a high score?

I guess we all have to adjust our thinking to what this defense is showing and what they are showing is they are for real and they just don't give up much of anything to I believe anyone, but will see I suppose, anything is possible????

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

slick #1890830 10/08/21 07:20 AM
Legend
Legend

Never been a prediction person.

But what the hey.

The Chargers are in for a long day.

The Browns defense is killer and will continue to improve.
Walker playing will help.

JOK will continue to get more snaps and do more damage.

This is the game that the defense will get turnovers.

It will come from strip sacks, the secondary, and JOK.

Baker will show up bigtime. Chubb and Hunt will do what they have done; control the game.
Odell and Baker will connect for TD's.

Browns - 31
Chargers - 10

bonefish #1890836 10/08/21 08:13 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Will he?
I truly wonder about this. Malcolm Smith has been playing lights out, and nobody can do what JOK does.

Is he as fast and aggressive as these other guys? Will we look the same with him out there?

I know that nobody should lose their job to injury, but this isn't the same defense we ran when he was last on the field, and I'm not sure he's the best person to have out there.

Browns is the Browns

slick #1890839 10/08/21 08:22 AM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
All of a sudden Joe Woods is a genius. I think he knows personnel, and will put the best product on the field. He knows how his bread is buttered.

S
slick Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Will he?
I truly wonder about this. Malcolm Smith has been playing lights out, and nobody can do what JOK does.

Is he as fast and aggressive as these other guys? Will we look the same with him out there?

I know that nobody should lose their job to injury, but this isn't the same defense we ran when he was last on the field, and I'm not sure he's the best person to have out there.

I believe malcom is on the injury report. So walker may have to play regardless

Last edited by slick; 10/08/21 08:29 AM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
I find some of the scores in this game odd, here is why.

The Bears are hardly a high power offense and they were run over by a bulldozer in the game we had with them.

That said they scored 6 points and 3 of those points were on a very questionable PI call.

Then we roll into Minn. and they score a grand total of 7 points and have somewhere around 250 total yards for the day.

With a bit of math that is a grand total of 13 points over the prior 2 weeks.

A not so great offense and a very well coached offense who had somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 points per game going into this game and they scored 7 for the afternoon.

Now we come to the Bolts and folks are saying they will put up 30 points or there about.

So what I am saying here is what makes folks think all of a sudden this defense falls on their face and gives up a number like that?

Logic tells me this will be a low scoring game, and I understand that the Bolts are a better team then what we have seen so far. I believe the Bolts are about to face the BEST defense they will see all year so why such a high score?

I guess we all have to adjust our thinking to what this defense is showing and what they are showing is they are for real and they just don't give up much of anything to I believe anyone, but will see I suppose, anything is possible????

For me, it really comes down to how much you think the Vikings performance (holding an otherwise highly-regarded offense to so little) is an anomaly vs 'truth'. Just like how Baker's performance is more anomaly that we expect to get corrected and NOT continue, the defense's smothering of the Vikings might be the exception vs the rule, and how much so. I was excited to see them shut down a highly-rated offense, and I'm hoping they do it again to establish that it wasn't a fluke.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know that the offense of Chicago isn't good and we were facing a rookie. But dude, we held them to 47 yards of offense and sacked them 9 times.

Now I know some fans wish to brush this off. But I suggest our fans take a look at this link to see just how crazy that is when you put it into all time NFL perspective and context....

11 Worst NFL Offensive Performances of All Time

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/worst-nfl-offensive-performances/

Our performance against the Bears would make us tied for 9th all time in yards allowed. Now the Bears are bad, but they're not that bad. They are sitting with a 2-2 record after 4 weeks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Walker is a great tackler. Smith maybe better in coverage?

I don't think either guy hurts the defense. Both are veteran players.

Woods may use both or either guy. His call.

bonefish #1890862 10/08/21 11:13 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I naturally hope we come out on top in this game. We have to treat Herbert and the Chargers the same way we treated Mahommes and the Chiefs. We're going into their place which will be tough and let's face it this team stacks up to the Chiefs on O and their D is much better. If we can somehow win this game it will be a statement to the rest of the league. Heck the Chargers already beat the Chiefs at KC. Important game to gauge just where we are.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I was very curious before the game wondering how Minnesota would attack Cleveland's defense. Cousins isn't a rookie QB and can find weaknesses in any defense. Minnesota can hit you with the run as well as the pass.

Cleveland shut down the run game and the deep ball. When was the last time you saw the Browns do that to any team?

If you haven't noticed, Cleveland will let offenses do whatever they want between the 20s. I think the strategy is more plays more chances for turnovers. It also eats up the clock. So far, they are keeping the opposing offensive possessions to less than 6 per half. I am watching this number. I think they want that number less than 5.

Another key I think to watch is the time of possession.

slick #1890953 10/09/21 10:07 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I really think that most of us are still hesitate when it comes to believing how good this defense is, I have some reservations too.

Having said that I really don't see them letting up the front end will get after it. Garret has always been a full go guy, and McDowell is one of those guys that is all go, and so is Clowney these guys aren't taking plays off, before that happens they are taken from the game for a blow.

This defense really is as good as we have seen over the past few weeks and most likely they will get even better. They can cover up on the backend and the pressure is coming all the ingredients for winning games with the defense alone.

People keep thinking that somehow the Bolts will put up huge numbers sorry it just isn't going to happen.

If the defense plays as they have been the Bolts if they have a great afternoon will score maybe 17 points. A middle of the road performance from our offense and we win comfortably.

I will take the Browns straight up on a bet, we will win this game.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

bugs #1890958 10/09/21 10:23 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bugs
I was very curious before the game wondering how Minnesota would attack Cleveland's defense. Cousins isn't a rookie QB and can find weaknesses in any defense. Minnesota can hit you with the run as well as the pass.

Cleveland shut down the run game and the deep ball. When was the last time you saw the Browns do that to any team?

If you haven't noticed, Cleveland will let offenses do whatever they want between the 20s. I think the strategy is more plays more chances for turnovers. It also eats up the clock. So far, they are keeping the opposing offensive possessions to less than 6 per half. I am watching this number. I think they want that number less than 5.

Another key I think to watch is the time of possession.

I haven't noticed the Browns defense allowing any team to do what they want between the 20s in the last 2 weeks

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend

The Chargers have the tape of the last two games. They know the pressure we can bring.

On down and distance pass plays. They know that can not protect Herbert with five guys. They will have to go max protection which means less people on pass routes.

This is where our nickle and dime coverage will have to make hay.

The Chargers unlike the Browns on third and long will pass. We are the only team that on third and ten can still run to get the first.

Balance is the difference on offense.

The Chargers on defense rank 29th against the run.

They know what we can do running the ball. They will have to load the box. They will try to play down and distance but we are so unpredictable because we can run on almost any down.

We will have passing opportunities.

Baker needs to make the plays that are there.

KS will put him in position. He will also scheme to protect him.

I respect the Chargers on offense.

However, we are going to expose them for what they are an incomplete team.

slick #1890999 10/09/21 04:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Walker coming back should help out some. I still want to see JOK out there a lot

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Chargers 47 Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard