Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1892229 10/11/21 01:58 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

https://twitter.com/AliciaSmith987/status/1447485393008476166?s=20

This is me too. I've given up on them and am just waiting for the mass extinction.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/11/21 01:58 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Eric Clapton Isn't Just Spouting Vaccine Nonsense—He's Bankrolling It

Eric Clapton went from setting the standard for rock guitar to making ‘full-tilt’ racist rants to becoming an outspoken vaccine skeptic. Did he change? Or was he always like this?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...mments-1239027/

I've always loved his music. Had no idea.

Legend
Legend
YO Eric I loved your music when you were younger, and I will miss your ignorant ass when you are gone soon. Sorry you wasted your later years.

Signed a former fan.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ANTI VAXXERS UNITE!!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
ANTI VAXXERS UNITE!!

Please do. Gather in a large room. Preferably an airport. There you can all catch flights to a deserted island. We’ll call it Plague Rat Island. You can enjoy your life with COVID, polio, tetanus, smallpox, measles, mumps, and rubella…
The rest of us promise to never bother you again. You can all live together in peace…. Until you’re claimed by disease.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
ANTI VAXXERS UNITE!!

Please do. Gather in a large room. Preferably an airport. There you can all catch flights to a deserted island. We’ll call it Plague Rat Island. You can enjoy your life with COVID, polio, tetanus, smallpox, measles, mumps, and rubella…
The rest of us promise to never bother you again. You can all live together in peace…. Until you’re claimed by disease.

They'd end up killing each other.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And?

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Some in here are sorry people.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Agreed. People that refuse to protect society by taking vaccines are certainly sorry excuses for people.

Though I doubt that’s what you meant.

…bECuz CoMmuNisM.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
Legend
O

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh my goodness. That is savage.

I mean, I'm 100% behind it, but oof, I can feel the heat from that burn.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott bans any COVID-19 vaccine mandates — including for private employers

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/11/texas-greg-abbott-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Another political move that means nothing. Federal always supersedes state. Just like with marijuana. It's great that states think they can legalize marijuana. And that works great in regards to state and local law officials. But the feds can come in at any moment in those states and make federal arrests.

Abbott playing dictator will never hold up in court.

People like Abbott love picking and choosing. Let a Baker refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple and see how quickly Abbott and his ilk say they are for businesses making their own decisions and that government should stay out of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott bans any COVID-19 vaccine mandates — including for private employers

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/11/texas-greg-abbott-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/

How very conservative... pro-business-party... Fascist.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Telling businesses that they can't do business the way they want to.

Communism.

wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I need some input from Peen - he is the Commie expert. Government telling private businesses what to do... good or bad Peen? Dictatorship or Communism? Which is it?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

How very conservative... pro-business-party... Fascist.

ooo, quite the conundrum conservatives now find themselves in....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Especially the medical personnel in the Portland area...disgusting! thumbsdown

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
shut up

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. People that refuse to protect society by taking vaccines are certainly sorry excuses for people.

My wife was discharged from the hospital yesterday after suffering a week with Covid-pneumonia. The doctors gave her little chance when first admitted to the hospital.

Because of life-threatening reactions caused by past vaccinations, one in particular that caused severe blisters in her airway made her afraid of an experimental vaccine.

In my time of visiting these boards, I have never, ever read true medical personnel, like Jules or Jafanet spew any political medical hate toward anyone.

In my opinion, you are in the wrong profession considering your ongoing hate for conservatives or anyone that doesn't agree with you...I would not trust you for my, or my family's healthcare.

Jason, you and your pal can both shut the hell up! flamingmad

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm glad your wife is ok. That is a very scary situation.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

My wife was discharged from the hospital yesterday after suffering a week with Covid-pneumonia. The doctors gave her little chance when first admitted to the hospital.

Because of life-threatening reactions caused by past vaccinations, one in particular that caused severe blisters in her airway made her afraid of an experimental vaccine.

In my time of visiting these boards, I have never, ever read true medical personnel, like Jules or Jafanet spew any political medical hate toward anyone.

In my opinion, you are in the wrong profession considering your ongoing hate for conservatives or anyone that doesn't agree with you...I would not trust you for my, or my family's healthcare.

If your wife had reactions to past vaccinations I can understand her concern for taking this one. To those afraid of it ‘changing their DNA’ or other such rubbish reasons, I have no tolerance for it.
I’m glad your wife is okay. Believe me or not.
I’ve seen enough death from this stupid virus. I don’t need to read of it here from those in this community. You all are family… regardless if some of you are the crazy uncle everyone rolls their eyes at. wink

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
And to clarify. I don’t get into political conversations with my patients. The few trump signs in the front yards that indicated such things to me were walked past indifferently on my way inside to take care of a fellow human. Regardless of party affiliation.
The fact you think I’d treat people differently says more about you than me. It leads me to believe you wouldn’t be able to. Hence ascribing such behavior to me.
Maybe I’m wrong about you. But I know you certainly are wrong about me.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Glad your wife is well. I don't think anyone who has had adverse reactions to other vaccines would be criticized for being hesitant to take the CV vaccine.

The rest of the attack? Pretty unwarranted. You spread as much hate and spam as much misinformation or certainly extreme right wing media bias on here as anyone ... I don't think anyone's ever suggest you aren't fir for being a father, husband, worker, business owner ... whatever it is you are/do ... because you hold strong and extreme political views. So ... I understand the vent, but the rest is overreach.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Especially the medical personnel in the Portland area...disgusting! thumbsdown

If your wife had reactions to past vaccinations I can understand her concern for taking this one. To those afraid of it ‘changing their DNA’ or other such rubbish reasons, I have no tolerance for it.
I’m glad your wife is okay. Believe me or not.
I’ve seen enough death from this stupid virus. I don’t need to read of it here from those in this community. You all are family… regardless if some of you are the crazy uncle everyone rolls their eyes at. wink

Fish, nobody is dissing people with valid health concerns for not getting the vaccine. It's the "I need to think about it but I'm not anti-vax" crowd, the "I don't trust Bidens vaccine" (Trump's project that Biden took over), the "my body my choice" crowd (truly despicable considering their views on women's choice), or just to own the libs... Covid is/was never supposed to be political, but then it became political as another way to divide us. That is what we fight, the ignorance, not those like your wife.

And that's also why I gave you a shut up... This is one of the first post in a long time where you actually said something from you without regurgitating Trumpian talking points. Your reply was honest and worth reading, thank for that. But when you come in here and take a pot shot then go, well I'm going to respond negatively to that every time.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/14/21 06:46 PM.

J
Legend
Legend
J

Fish, first, I wish the very best for your wife. I hate that she has had to go through what she has, and hope she recovers well from what she has been through.

As others have said, there are people who cannot get vaccinated, and they need to be very careful as it’s much more likely you will end up hospitalized without the vaccination. That is just a fact. I understand that there are people who cannot be vaccinated for different reasons.

I have no hate toward people who do not get vaccinated, as you said. I am, however, so frustrated by them. We have prolonged life by decades by improving medical care, including the use of vaccines, through the years.

People used to die decades before they do now, because of medical advancements, they live far longer. Suddenly, a pandemic became political, which I still cannot fathom, and people have actually decided to put themselves, their families, and their communities at risk because of a political affiliation. I have never been more disappointed in the people in this country.

As far as Portland goes, I know he can appear callous when discussing political ideologies, but I’ve seen him post enough regarding his patients and there is no doubt in my mind that I would welcome him without hesitation to help with a dying loved one. Those people are the angels on this earth, as they deal with dying every day, and with the most difficult families you can imagine. My dad died last year, and as I already knew, Hospice was so important for us during the process.

I’ve watched how employees in our hospitals have been attacked and disrespected surrounding masks, vaccines, and people who are sure they know more than medical personnel because of what they have read on the internet from their political favorites.

I’ve watched medical personnel abandon everything they have been taught and been fine with because of their political affiliation. I never thought I would see anything like this.

I see so many healthcare people suffering, people have no idea what is going on in so many of these hospitals. I see people telling them to do their jobs and callously berating them because of some off the wall political stance. It’s sickening. I’m tired and I’m mad. That’s just the truth.

2 members like this: PortlandDawg, FATE
Legend
Legend
Posts like yours make coming here worth it.

Honest, forthright- and from a place of human compassion. I feel for all you guys and I'm thankful to hear your stories, heartbreaking though they may be. The more You, Portland and others speak out, the clearer picture we are all exposed to. Seven Hundred Thousand is a big number. Big enough that we can numb ourselves to it and treat it like only a number. Each time you guys tell us something from an insider's perspective, it puts a face to that number. Every one of those 700,000 had a life and a story and a family.

I don't know how any of you are able to do this. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would break me- permanently.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
J
Legend
Legend
J
The front line caregivers deserve all the of credit for everything they have gone through. I work with them every day and I see the toll it is taking. I am hopeful things get much better and stay that way.

2 members like this: GMdawg, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hear hear ! My sister in law works in radiography - not a front line worker by any means, but the numbers of dead and increased fatality of patients she has interacted with has really put her through the wringer and she has faced bouts of depression. I simply cannot imagine. There are still people I know who feel that Covid was no worse than season flu because they feel numbers were inflated etc or that the mortality rate "isn' t that high" compared to what was first feared. But any time I talk to healthcare professionals from large hospital centers - the death and mortality they have seen and witnessed tells a completely different story. Heartbreaking, mind numbing and tragic. I am with Clem - I simply couldn't handle that up front, close and personal - day in and day out. 18+ months and counting.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Oregon�s 3rd highest death rate for this entire virus timeline was just last month. 424 people succumbed to the virus in September alone.
It�s still killing. It�s just not being talked about as much, but the numbers don�t lie.

For the record, the larger portion of the deaths in Oregon are in the rural, more conservative areas of the state. The southeastern parts of the state are especially hard hit. Lower vaccination rates, along with smaller hospital systems, have created this situation.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Something weird is happening to my posts when I use certain punctuation.
Purp!!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Using an iphone?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you will find it is only the apostrophe. As in Don't, won't and didn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yup. iPhone.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Jules, that was one of the best posts I have read in this forum for years. Very well said.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/c:

Aspirin lowers risk of COVID: New findings support preliminary Israeli trial

The treatment reduced the risk of reaching mechanical ventilation by 44%. ICU admissions were lower by 43%, and an overall in-hospital mortality saw a 47% decrease.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-we...support-preliminary-israeli-trial-681127

P
Legend
Legend
P
You'll recommend everything but the actual vaccine won't you?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
jc

still waiting on my magneto powers that were supposed to be given to me when i got fully vaccinated.

the fact that i am not magnetized yet and able to bend metal at my will is very disappointing, and pfizer will be hearing from my lawyers shortly. i watched the truly credible doctor in ohio testify that i was gonna be able to stick my keys to my chest and it would stay there.

pfizer, you're false advertising had led to pain and suffering since my ability to rob banks just by sitting outside havent happened. i even got a 5G phone and stood next to a 5G tower in hopes of amplifying my powers.

very disappointing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: GMdawg, OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Bro... there's a very strong possibility that the magnetic properties are offset by your magnetic personalty. I'm experiencing the same problems, I'm convinced this is a result of my invincible charm.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid... still... p7

Link Copied to Clipboard