Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Legend
Legend
C
The NFL is not hiring Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg to run one of their billion dollar franchises. They are hiring them to perform songs.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
I assume you have seen the Super Bowl entertainment for 22. Snoop dogg and two other names. Read the lyrics to their music and tell it is it the height of hypocrisy to entertain these misogynistic woman insulting “musicians” and give them the nfl stamp of approval while disassociating from gruden. Two faced phonies

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
cfrs15 #1892598 10/12/21 07:25 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
The NFL is not hiring Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg to run one of their billion dollar franchises. They are hiring them to perform songs.

The are hiring them to represent them on their biggest stage. Do you really not see the hypocrisy there?

FATE #1892602 10/12/21 07:36 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: FATE

The are hiring them to represent them on their biggest stage. Do you really not see the hypocrisy there?

I do not. It is two totally different things.

GraffZ06 #1892603 10/12/21 07:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06
We have such a weak fragile society. But he said bad words!

What does that mean?

Does it mean we have the right to be rude jackasses?

Does that mean we can emulate those that would lie to us and it would be OK?

What's it mean?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
cfrs15 #1892604 10/12/21 07:43 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
So apparently you are ok with degrading women as hoes, blasting the n word frequently and using disparaging gay references. Good to know where your values lie.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
So apparently you are ok with degrading women as hoes, blasting the n word frequently and using disparaging gay references. Good to know where your values lie.

“Kids, this is what’s known as false equivalence. That’ll be your lesson for the day.”

D
Legend
Legend
D
PP is about 7 forums down the dial. This is supposed to be PF.

cfrs15 #1892611 10/12/21 08:24 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

I do not. It is two totally different things.

No, it isn't.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Snoop really only sings about smoking weed, which is fine by me.

Legend
Legend
Jc

Question for the board:

Wasn’t the emails getting leaked a product of the criminal probe into the Washington football team? These emails got leaked due to Bruce Allen being employed there at the time of these emails?

Seems like there’s gonna be something much bigger dropping soon.

As far as Gruden goes, y’all know what he said is wrong. As Portland said; people trying to talk about the constitution don’t understand how it works.

Also, this goes way beyond saying bigoted nonsense. He’s the HC of a football team, in a league where the majority of players are black, and he has a gay player on the team.

The nfl is a private business, and his right to say what he wants doesn’t protect him from the consequences of the business he works for. Last time I checked, that was the very argument a lot of you on this very board made when it came to kaepernick: NFL policy and conduct.

And guess what, he’s out the league cause teams shunned him out.

But all of a sudden, the same people are now defending gruden for…. ?

All I ever ask on this board: what’s the standard?

If you had a black boss, and you and the other employees found out that he calls you guys all kinds of crackers and other bigoted insults behind your back, you honestly think you’ll be cool still looking at him as a leader?

Every player on that team would always wonder what gruden says about them if they make a bad play. Nassib would now wonder whether or not his HC is calling him a gay slur every time he missed a tackle.

Would any of you on this board honestly say you would play for somebody like that, regardless of who he/she is and what they look like?

Strange.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1892617 10/12/21 09:19 PM
Legend
Legend
There's no defending him.... I 100% with everything you said.... of course there's free speech and he can say what he wants but that doesn't mean he's free of consequences...

his emails included racist and homophobic verbiage and he also bashed the head of the company you're working for (Roger).... there's no surprise he was let go...

I'm anxious to see what else comes out of this investigation... the details I've seen regarding the WTF cheerleaders is sickening.....

<><

#gmstrong
Swish #1892618 10/12/21 09:24 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Pretty certain I never defended Gruden. Or Urban, for that matter. (different topic, I know, but I'd be surprised if Meyer lasts the season)

Swish #1892619 10/12/21 09:26 PM
Legend
Legend
I don't think it's a "standard on this board" thing. I think we're going through an era in society where everybody feels some silly need to be galvanized to some point of view and pick sides, when most of these issues have plenty of middle ground.

Example: reading through my FB feed, post after post either talking about him like he's some scum of the earth murderer or some victim... he's neither.

People use this incident as a springboard to talk about the ridiculousness of "cancel culture" because "Gruden" is what all the talking heads are flooding the news cycle with.

Pick sides / scream in each other's faces / rinse / repeat

We've been doing this crap over nearly every "issue" since the advent of social media.

It doesn't take much to peel back a layer and understand that Gruden's bs has nothing to do with cancel culture. It would be different if it was one email, one subject of his idiocy, one example that he could shake off and say "I was an a-hole, that's not how I feel", etc, etc...

This was years of emails disparaging many walks of life, individually and collectively.

I could give an f about Jon Gruden. More than anything, I'm shocked at how stupid he is.

But there is a bigger picture here... And this is where people of color, gays, women, any group that is a subject of this latest situation are trying to make their voices heard above the "screaming in faces". If this is going on with Gruden on a bunch of other "good ole boys" in the NFL, how far does it go? It's not just the seven years of emails sent... it's the seven years of emails received, laughed at, responded to.

Meanwhile the NFL constantly makes excuses for why POC can't get upper-tier administrative jobs in it's league. Yet they'll be the first in line to roll out a new banner or slogan about how they're trying so hard.

Wash / rinse / repeat.

cfrs15 #1892621 10/12/21 09:28 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Gruden certainly did wrong and got caught, regardless of the time that had passed. I'm just curious how he got caught. Anyone know?

Someone in the league had it out for him. My guess is they were trying to distract from any questions about the WFT investigation. Employees sharing topless pictures of cheerleaders is way worse than anything Gruden did and no one is talking about it.

Without pics, this post is worthless.

FATE #1892623 10/12/21 09:43 PM
Legend
Legend
to be clear: i dont ask whats the standard on this board, im asking the board whats the standard of our society?

at some point - and i know you agree with this - we have to practice what we preach. there's too many people at every level of our country who demand others live up to a standard that they won't even live up to.

the NFL actually represents everything good about america, and everything bad. we got white, black, latinos, women, LBGT all up and down the league.

and then we got guys who keep breaking the law, cant stay on a team due to selfish reasons, and once again, the good ole boy system where people aren't upset or remorseful of what they said; they're just upset they got caught.

its like the dude who goes 20 over the speed limit, and acts like its the cops fault he got pulled over.

im trying my hardest to make sure this stays in pure football and not the dungeon that is PP. thats why im trying hard to keep this about football.

but i cant even lie. as a minority, i wasnt surprised about some of the racial slurs. what bothered me was the stuff about women and the cheerleader photos getting passed around.

because if that was my daughters being talked about/photos spread in that group, the FBI would have to start a whole new criminal investigation.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

What does that mean?

What's it mean?
A man should not have to bow to another man because of the color of his skin.

Swish #1892629 10/12/21 10:21 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
We have plenty of men on this forum making excuses for misbehavior when its crime against women. Or, even crime against children. (that RB whipping his son bloody)

Its always been and always will be an old boys club.

No Craps Given
FATE #1892631 10/12/21 10:27 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't think it's a "standard on this board" thing. I think we're going through an era in society where everybody feels some silly need to be galvanized to some point of view and pick sides, when most of these issues have plenty of middle ground.

Example: reading through my FB feed, post after post either talking about him like he's some scum of the earth murderer or some victim... he's neither.

People use this incident as a springboard to talk about the ridiculousness of "cancel culture" because "Gruden" is what all the talking heads are flooding the news cycle with.

We've been doing this crap over nearly every "issue" since the advent of social media.

It doesn't take much to peel back a layer and understand that Gruden's bs has nothing to do with cancel culture. It would be different if it was one email, one subject of his idiocy, one example that he could shake off and say "I was an a-hole, that's not how I feel", etc, etc...

This was years of emails disparaging many walks of life, individually and collectively.

I could give an f about Jon Gruden. More than anything, I'm shocked at how stupid he is.

But there is a bigger picture here... And this is where people of color, gays, women, any group that is a subject of this latest situation are trying to make their voices heard above the "screaming in faces". If this is going on with Gruden on a bunch of other "good ole boys" in the NFL, how far does it go? It's not just the seven years of emails sent... it's the seven years of emails received, laughed at, responded to.

Meanwhile the NFL constantly makes excuses for why POC can't get upper-tier administrative jobs in it's league. Yet they'll be the first in line to roll out a new banner or slogan about how they're trying so hard.

Wash / rinse / repeat.

So it's ok for white people to take a last place in line because they aren't "people of color" The Rooney Rule in the NFL is racist and it's 7 years old.
Until you start standing up against the absolute idiocy of giving people privelages because of the color of their skin, no one should take any of your points seriously.

Legend
Legend
Well, I like to think that society is comprised by mostly good people. People that have a strong moral compass and know the difference between right and wrong.

Unfortunately, we've become a society that is comprised of individuals that are always in search of confirmation for their beliefs before they speak. Mostly because speaking is now typing, and while communication may not be nameless, it is mostly faceless. 90% of any arguing you read in social media comes from the keyboards of people that would never say those things to someone else's face.

The sad part is that people have lost their ability to think for themselves... not actually lost, but willingly given it away... because they seek consensus among their peers before they even speak. So while they may feel a certain way, they won't voice their opinion if it's not part of "consensus". Eventually, for many, consensus becomes a herd that actually drives and forms their thoughts and opinions... many times based on false information or a false view of how the majority that aligns with their belief systems really feels.

So the people in the middle of every issue (which is, sadly, usually the majority) say nothing at all, while the extremes "duke it out" for all to see.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is no longer a "standard of society" as much is there is an illusion of a standard. We act like media is the "pulse" when it is anything but. The vast majority sit on their hands and say nothing while we judge "society" on the extremes.

Swish #1892634 10/12/21 10:49 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

Question for the board:

Wasn’t the emails getting leaked a product of the criminal probe into the Washington football team? These emails got leaked due to Bruce Allen being employed there at the time of these emails?

As far as Gruden goes, y’all know what he said is wrong. As Portland said; people trying to talk about the constitution don’t understand how it works.

Also, this goes way beyond saying bigoted nonsense. He’s the HC of a football team, in a league where the majority of players are black, and he has a gay player on the team.

That is what the standard is! You can't mention anyone that is on his team as if it makes a difference! It you want to be anti-racist, anti-sexist, then it doesn't matter if any level of racial (identity), or sexuality (preference identity) make up of the players on the team exists whatsoever.
Quote:
The nfl is a private business, and his right to say what he wants doesn’t protect him from the consequences of the business he works for. Last time I checked, that was the very argument a lot of you on this very board made when it came to kaepernick: NFL policy and conduct. The only thing I had-have to say about the Kaepernick situation is the Man has a right to pray. And 2ndly don't be so gung ho military parade to start a football game, just play football.

And guess what, he’s out the league cause teams shunned him out.

But all of a sudden, the same people are now defending gruden for…. ?

All I ever ask on this board: what’s the standard?

If you had a black boss, and you and the other employees found out that he calls you guys all kinds of crackers and other bigoted insults behind your back, you honestly think you’ll be cool still looking at him as a leader?
This sort of thing happened(s), except it's not verbal it's in your face near fist-fights for many years, and there's no recourse because nobody gives a rip. (technically the "words" "slurs" were never used but the message was-is loud and clear in the doubly toxic environment. And, we just have to deal with it. That's reality.
Quote:
Every player on that team would always wonder what gruden says about them if they make a bad play. Nassib would now wonder whether or not his HC is calling him a gay slur every time he missed a tackle.

Would any of you on this board honestly say you would play for somebody like that, regardless of who he/she is and what they look like? Strange
Ya! Some of us have no choice. It's reality.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Wash / rinse / repeat.

So it's ok for white people to take a last place in line because they aren't "people of color" The Rooney Rule in the NFL is racist and it's 7 years old.
Until you start standing up against the absolute idiocy of giving people privelages because of the color of their skin, no one should take any of your points seriously.

Last place in line? Whites can't get jobs in the NFL?? You're off your rocker. How about giving others a place in line, that's a more apt description of sports leagues and how they treat POC.

The Rooney Rule isn't racist... it's stupid. It makes a complete mockery of what it is supposed to do. It fits right in with my example of banners and slogans they trot out that do nothing to solve the problem.

Privileges lol. How 'bout a fair shake?

Truth told, I couldn't care less if you or others take me seriously. Most know I'm fair and balanced. I call it like I see it with little regard for what others think. Take it however you want it, I'll keep dishing it out at will. wink

FATE #1892638 10/12/21 11:08 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
You understand the Rooney rule puts white people last.
Do you support putting people last because of the color of their skin.
I don't! I think everybody should have a fair shot.

M
Legend
Legend
M
You understand the Rooney rule puts white people last.

I agree, this is horrible news for white people! Black men managed to steal 2 of 32 HC jobs from the disadvantaged white coach! One black coach, of which, was hired nearly a decade and half ago.

You want more evidence of white men being pushed to the back of the bus? In 2021 alone, only 6 of 7 of the new HC hires were white. The other was Lebanese. Not fair!

On a realistic note, David Culley seems like a Chris Palmer-type hire. "Paid his dues," now pay him to eat poo in a zero-win situation and then fire him when time is right. Golden parachute.

Milk Man #1892649 10/12/21 11:52 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
The numbers don't change what the rule actually is.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The numbers don't change what the rule actually is.

Couldn't agree more! Hustle the minority candidate through the initial interview process and make the white, future HC squirm an extra day or two before he's ultimately hired. Gross!

Milk Man #1892652 10/13/21 12:28 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Anything except just hire a coach and not have race play into it.

cfrs15 #1892663 10/13/21 06:35 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

True, but there is a point that can't just be brushed aside.

Personally, I don't care about lyrics or e-mails. They are just words. If you don't like them, don't buy the CD's. If you don't like the words from a coach, don't play for the guy. Pretty simple.

When I say don't play for the guy I don't mean for the players to take the hit and sit out or quit. Gruden was smart enough he was going to lose the team, so he quit. End of problem. If he didn't he would have been terminated shortly after since it was a resign under fire type deal anyway. I am sure the owner would be able to invoke morality clauses or whatever to keep from paying him the next 7 years or whatever was left on the contract, but that takes time and mucks it up for everybody.

Make it as clean a split as possible for everybody.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1892673 10/13/21 08:07 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I's optics, marketing and damage limitation. We won't know the full story (which was actually about a massive investigation into the WFT and Dan Synder) .... they won't reveal or release anything that would expose (probably) how rampant this is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3238...m-investigation

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement. "If the NFL felt it appropriate to release these offensive emails from Jon Gruden, which it obtained during its investigation into the Washington Football Team, it must also release the findings related to the actual target of that investigation. Our clients and the public at large deserve transparency and accountability. If not, the NFL and [commissioner] Roger Goodell must explain why they appear intent on protecting the Washington Football Team and owner Dan Snyder at all costs."

It's this sort of manipulation and lack of transparency that makes me think that possibly Refs and the entire NFL "entertainment business" (which is legally how the NFL defines itself) is run with an agenda and certain aspects are fixed and crocked as could be.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
After all that has been reviewed, no one currently inside the WFT, or anywhere in the NFL other than Gruden, has faced any accusations?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
That appears to be the case. And the investigation took place because of Dan and the WFT having a toxic work environment ... who doesn't believe that's true and that somewhere there is evidence! LOL

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What I'm curious about is that emails are typically not just one person sending something and the other person not responding, obviously. There usually is some type of exchange. I'd be interested to see what the exchanges were and how this unfolds with other people or figures.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

What does that mean?

What's it mean?
A man should not have to bow to another man because of the color of his skin.

I agree, no man should bow to another man regardless of his color.

But what the hell does that have to do with what Graffz said..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Swish #1892694 10/13/21 09:36 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

Question for the board:

Yes, this Gruden stuff came out of the WFT investigation into their workplace. There BETTER be a whole bunch more that comes out of this! Don't try to tell me that an investigation focused on workplace abuses at the football team, the only thing that comes out of it is a bunch of Gruden (ESPN analyst) emails? I don't buy that for a second. If it does happen, then Gruden would be a victim, of sorts. He'd be the sacrificial lamb for the good ol' boys club.

As to your second point that I left in the quotes above... IMO this Gruden saga had 2 very distinct parts. The first part was from the 1 email. IMO, he was pretty much off the hook for that. He said his apology, it was 1 email a decade ago and easily explained away. He had Tony Dungy and the other black dude on the SNF halftime show going to bat for him HARD. That was the first part. The second part was when there were more emails (a LOT more), and they were way worse in nature and offensive to a whole swath of different people over a period of time. What that meant was that this was no longer a case of a single stupid email, but a pattern of behavior that fits someone that has no business representing an NFL team.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
mgh888 #1892699 10/13/21 09:52 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I's optics, marketing and damage limitation. We won't know the full story (which was actually about a massive investigation into the WFT and Dan Synder) .... they won't reveal or release anything that would expose (probably) how rampant this is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3238...m-investigation

"It is truly outrageous that after the NFL's 10-month investigation involving hundreds of witnesses and 650,000 documents related to the longtime culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Football Team, the only person to be held accountable and lose their job is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders," lawyers Lisa Banks and Debra Katz said in a statement. "If the NFL felt it appropriate to release these offensive emails from Jon Gruden, which it obtained during its investigation into the Washington Football Team, it must also release the findings related to the actual target of that investigation. Our clients and the public at large deserve transparency and accountability. If not, the NFL and [commissioner] Roger Goodell must explain why they appear intent on protecting the Washington Football Team and owner Dan Snyder at all costs."

It's this sort of manipulation and lack of transparency that makes me think that possibly Refs and the entire NFL "entertainment business" (which is legally how the NFL defines itself) is run with an agenda and certain aspects are fixed and crocked as could be.

I agree. I am no fan of Gruden by any means and am not really surprised, but when you start holding things said 10 years ago it is a little suspect. It is also troubling that what he says or said is the target and not actions he has or is taking against various groups. I don't know, there may be some of those as well, but if not, as ugly as some comments may be or seem, it is a pretty dark and slippery road when you start holding peoples opinion and or views against them. To me that is as much a discrimination as anything else. Not to slant this over to another board, but it is close to if we started taking political prisoners.

JMO

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What could be interesting is if they get emails of similar magnitude from Snyder. Out of my own ignorance, what type of ramifications would the league have for an actual owner, and a bull-headed one at that?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1892703 10/13/21 10:00 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So you don't believe that a corporation has the right to consider what one of their employees does, that creates a huge negative impact on their corporate image should have the right to act accordingly? Let's face it, Gruden didn't resign out of the goodness of his heart. And what is there really to investigate? Gruden hasn't denied any of it.

I never said a corporation doesn't have the right to fire an employee...for whatever reason...and I'm not commenting in this thread because I think Gruden was unjustly fired.

My point on investigating incidents/words is much less about Gruden being a j-ass and more about the way "people" jump to conclusions and search desperately for something to be offended-by.

Did he send the emails to someone in a group that he disparaged? Did he ever discriminate against someone in that group? Does that make it ok? The answer to those three questions is no...of course. But why would someone in those groups give a care what Gruden privately emailed to one of his buddies?

Photos of topless cheerleaders? Who took off their tops? Did they pose for the pictures? If my daughter did such a thing on her own volition, my ire would first be focused on HER. Are the photos from a lockerrom? Perhaps the circumstances should be known before we label the villain.

I have no need to respond to the remainder of your post because we are so-much in agreement on the gist of what you are saying. My angle would be the opposite of yours, but the end point would still be the same.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I've said this a couple times, but I think it's a key part of how the Gruden saga ended up.

The 1 email was no big deal. He was basically already forgiven for that. The realization that there were far more, and worse emails over a long period of time meant that it wasn't a case of 1 dumb email or a misunderstanding, but that it was an indication of the type of person he was. As a HC (and a high profile one at that), he's the face of the franchise.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Ballpeen #1892719 10/13/21 11:21 AM
Legend
Legend
According to the NFL on Sirius, it was a number of emails over 7 years. I hope they're looking into the recipients of those emails....there has to be a reason Gruden felt comfortable enough to send them.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I will say that you can nit pick certain aspects of you like. The problem is these are habits that endured over a number of years. They were sent on his work email account, not his private email account.

Any way you slice it, making excuses for his behavior by using "yeah buts" or, "but I'd look into" is still on some level an attempt to to minimize or blame others for his long standing actions.

At no time is using your work email a "private" thing. You're using tools provided to you by your employer. They are open season for anyone involved in your employment to see and review or turn over to anyone they see fit.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Gruden fired.

Link Copied to Clipboard