Next Thread
Print Thread
#1892832 10/13/21 09:44 PM
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
It looks like tabber’s not gonna make it this week, I hope he’s OK as I’m sure we all do.

Here’s what I saw:

- another tough loss … heartbreaking when u couple it with the injuries and two games in 10 days on the horizon …

- Bake make a miraculous recovery from his bad shoulder last week … amazing how much it healed in just one week …rolleyes …. The man had a terrible game two weeks ago, it happens … this week he was back to his old self and I believe Kev had a lot to do with that …

- Greedy play an outstanding game …

- an undrafted FA play 1000 times better than Hill … Hill STUNK up the joint …

On a side note … I’ve been very unimpressed with Johnson … not one difference making play that i can recall so far this year … its only 5 games in but I hope to see more from him, hopefully starting this weekend …

- Kev had a great game plan and called a great game other than 4 incredibly stupid things …
His game plan was to get the ball out of Bake’s hands quickly for 2 reasons … an unknown at LT and Bake struggles with pressure way more than most and the bolts can put some pressure on … his mechanics go out the window when he’s pressured … GREAT JOB there Kev …

THE STUPID KEV …

- going for it on 4th and 10 … for a team thats so analytics driven that was no where’s near the call analytics would have made … we got bailed out but he needs to chill on that down and distance PERIOD … especially with our FG kicker, it wouldn’t have been so mind boggling in years past when our FG kickers were yo-yo’s

PS. We suck on 4th down, our % is terrible …

- Chubb rips off a 52 or 3 yard run with 27 minutes and 18 seconds left in the game … he got 3 more carries the rest of the game … thats BS .. get your head out of your ass Kev …

- 3 minutes left in the game and one of the two best RB’s in football is standing on the sidelines next to Kev … STUPID … that’s not the time to “save” him … give your team the best shot to win the game … just like in the KC game when Hunt and Chubb split time almost evenly we will never know if Nick was on there if things would have been different … but that’s not a question we should ever have to wonder about …

That’s not a slam on Hunt we are so blessed to have him … he may be top 5 in the league BUT HE’S NOT NICK CHUBB!!!

- the 3rd down call on that drive and his reason for it is worse … he basically said he was scared cause of the tackle situation … unmmm Kev … you hooo … our D had given up 19 points in Q4 and that didn’t scare u at east as much if not more .. i know it scared the crap out of me …

Kev, it was obvious we needed to outscore them and U didn’t seem to scared on 2nd down when u threw the ball …

- no need to talk about the D … we basically did nothing right all night long … that was ugly … the injuries really hurt but there’s no reason for the missed assignments and not getting off the filed once in Q4 …

YUCK ….

I needed to get that off my chest and figured I’d do it in my best imitation of tabber …

Hope your OK brother … thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
Hoping eo is alright. Not a good imitation of eotab there, diam - and I wish auto spellcheck would screw off, I don’t need an IPhone to oversee my spelling - he’s usually more positive than you!

I saw a terrible PA call cost us the game. If they don’t make that horrific call, we win, and I don’t care what happened afterward. The BS holding call on Tretter didnt help, either.

I saw Njoku have his best game (stats-wise) in the NFL, and watched Chubb/Hunt do the usual Chubb/Hunt things. I didn’t notice that Chubb’s workload decreased dramatically as the game went on, I was too caught up in the game, I suppose. But yeah since you mentioned it, that was pathetic.

I’m not an X and O guy, but clowneys’s absence seemed to loom large; we had a lesser impact on his normal side.

Our kicker has been perfect, I feel confident in him now.

Losing Ward early and being down Newsome hurt us big time. Until he got dinged up, Newsome was - dare I say it? - playing like a shutdown corner.

It is amazing to me that Baker gets vilified for not leading a game-winning drive when he , prior, QBed us to 42 on the scoreboard. That’s freaking laughable.

I have one major complaint about Ski: take the three early. Play calling critiques are subjective and mostly hindsigh.

Hope eo gets back here soon, good on you for keeping the spirit of What I Saw.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Good points as always (and hoping EO is okay)

I just wanted to chime in with one thing: Hill was BAD. AJ Green seems like a better option right now, if that’s possible

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
It looks like tabber’s not gonna make it this week, I hope he’s OK as I’m sure we all do.

Hopefully Tabber is simply taking a break from his thread as he tries to recover from "What He Saw" vs the Chargers last week...

Diam, not a bad job filling in for Tabber...your point about not playing Chubb during the last two possessions is a head scratching decision by the Browns.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
he’s usually more positive than you!

That’s the understatement of the year … rofl

Tabber sees things through much rosier glasses than my pair of realistic ones … i believe we bring a balance to things …

Hopefully tab’s back next week as I’m no tabber … thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
lucky me got gout and my knuckles are a mess hard to type.

Ski...my only PO moment with him is late in the game 3rd down (maybe 10 yd to go) as you mentioned our D was in arears and Ski called a run play - absolutely no faith in Baker who could get off a 10 yard pass for a first but he went for the seconds to run off which just was stupid.

D the Chargers game is PASS...we had our #1, 2, 3 CBs out and our 4th was a little banged up also.

Diam Johnson is instrumental in having DBs in the right call coverage wise he himself is avg. talent but is not bad.

Good to see Njoku have a good game.

That kid Bryant has really came on with his blocking.

Baker is not looking at OBJ much.

Diam you are dead wrong on the injury to Baker. Again he had two very good games then 2sub par the later 2 after the injury.

Then this week prior to the game they finally came out and fessed up to the partial torn labrum. which means they could mention it to our opponents cause it got better and Baker was use to the brace on the shoulder. Ergo he threw much much better.

He is not a piece of crap QB. Off games for 2 weeks without injury involved is displayed by a piece of crap QB. which if that is the case then we need a new QB.

Late game pass interference call was terrible terrible call even the announcers looked at it and said it was a terrible call...WR had a grab of our CB's jersey and actually interferred with our CB...it was a game changer!!

Hand hurts sorry - I'm a freaking mess.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

I’m not an X and O guy, but clowneys’s absence seemed to loom large; we had a lesser impact on his normal side.

Not so much disagreeing, but I do see Takk making plays when he's in there. Hope that continues to trend up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
- Chubb rips off a 52 or 3 yard run with 27 minutes and 18 seconds left in the game … he got 3 more carries the rest of the game … thats BS .. get your head out of your ass Kev …

- 3 minutes left in the game and one of the two best RB’s in football is standing on the sidelines next to Kev … STUPID … that’s not the time to “save” him … give your team the best shot to win the game … just like in the KC game when Hunt and Chubb split time almost evenly we will never know if Nick was on there if things would have been different … but that’s not a question we should ever have to wonder about …

That’s not a slam on Hunt we are so blessed to have him … he may be top 5 in the league BUT HE’S NOT NICK CHUBB!!!

I think the reason we see Hunt near the end of a lot of close games is because of the coaching staffs belief that he is a better route runner/pass catcher... which in all honesty he probably is.. but Chubb has proven he can catch dump offs and screen passes perfectly fine and get the YAC expected on those types of plays and, as you pointed out, he is still our biggest threat in the ground game. I've never seen anything that would give me cause for concern using him as an outlet in the passing game.

Maybe Hunt is that much better in pass-pro? If he is, I've never noticed it. Neither one of them is known for putting the ball on ground, Chubb fumbled for the first time in 2 1/2 years in week 1..

I'm kind of grasping at straws here to figure out why Hunt is on the field as much as he is in late game situations...

**I will make the same disclaimer, love Hunt, no bad blood bro, glad you are here.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
The last series I would agree …

when we got it with 3 minutes left the object was to run out the clock … we didn’t need the better pass catcher witch Hunt is … we needed Nick …

on 3rd and nine on the 3 minute left series I would have had no issue with Hunt in for that play …

Chubb getting 3 carries the last 27 minutes of the game is cra cra … especially in that game …

Oh well … lets hope Kev learns form it …

D
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I never said Bakewas bad bro …. Not even close … don’t confuse me with rish, lead or apparently swish now …

His arm talent is elite but due to mechanical issues under pressure he’s only above average IMO …

I don’t blame this game on him … not one little bit …. Those bashing Bake for that just show how little they know about football or are just so steamed they need to blame someone …

But i do agree with rish and swish (lead just hates everything so he don’t count in my book) that Bake has not led us back against a good D … IMO they have a point but it doesn’t mean it won’t happen … up til this year he’s had to do it with one hand tied behind his back with the D’s we’ve had and until last year the OL’S we’ve had …

Hopefully he can do it when it counts this year … the talents there … thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
Some (or a lot) of this depends on playcalling. I believe Baker can lead a game winning drive against a good D if the right plays get called.

Coach gotta put the O in a position to win. Then they need to execute.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont like the new format tongue

I know you didn't say he sucks - but you stated that he without injury can have 2 good games then 2 sucky games...if that is the case then he sucks and is not a franchise QB.

How many of these shoot em outs do our opponents have a wide open WR I mean WIDE OPEN and hits them for big plays??? All the time - how come Baker does not??? Ski's only spread em out and have space is with play action. When we got to pass we just dont have that created space.. this is a playbook problem.

Chubb not in much:
1. 1-2 punch fresher Hunt is in there late in games.
2. Chubb has an injured calf maybe we kept him out to protect him from further injury???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw Chubb have some difficulty getting going in the previous two games. Maybe that has helped Hunt get more plays?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Chargers 47 What tabber may have saw

Link Copied to Clipboard