Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1894367 10/17/21 07:00 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
this felt like we took a time machine back to 1999. We were dominated, out played, out coached, injured left and right, and just a BAD team.

Not sure if we can get ourselves back on track at the moment (and we play in 3 days)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
I am of the thought that it's probably a good thing we have a quick turnaround after this game. Bury it and get ready for the next one.

2 members like this: oobernoober, mgh888
A
Legend
Legend
A
At the lowest level of football you are taught penalties and turn overs will ruin your chances of winning. It holds true at the highest level of football also.

yes, injuries hurt, no doubt. Every team needs to deal with them. It does seem the Browns are dealing with more than their fair share. Penalties and turnovers hurt the most.

Legend
Legend
i want to blame the refs.

but despite the cardinals having a covid outbreak and no coached, this looked just like the whooping we put on pittsburgh in the playoffs. this time we were on the receiving end.

we got outcoached and outplayed in all phases of the game. good old fashion beat down.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
This was what I thought was going to happen today going in. Hate all the injuries piling up, we truly have no idea what we have. I think the last time we were healthy was Chicago.

And even though I hate to do it, I have to agree that Baker is falling way short of expectations. But so are OBJ, the OL, Ski's play calling, and Woods and the D.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
by the way, i just saw a 5'9 QB throw perfectly fine in 30 mph winds, unlike our QB who's been here for 4 years.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
well we now know where we stand in the NFL pecking order

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Swish
by the way, i just saw a 5'9 QB throw perfectly fine in 30 mph winds, unlike our QB who's been here for 4 years.

Grogu out there dropping dimes

Legend
Legend
My brother says "we're not a playoff caliper team".

I told him to pump the brakes with that kind of talk.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

7 members like this: DevilDawg2847, oobernoober, jfanent
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C. I’ll tune in on Thursday, but there were a couple times during the first half tonight where it was clear that the officiating had an agenda. If this continues, I won’t watch. I tune in to watch football, not officials on the tv every other minute. AZ was the better team I admit, but the officials ruined the experience today.

R
Legend
Legend
R
The entire team, from the coaching staff down to the QB to the rest of the players, have crumbled under the expectations again.

As for Woods, I don't think he's crumbled. I just don't think he's very good. Another week, another blown coverage, free touchdown.

This is not a very good football team. Coaching, players, execution. Bad all the way around.

The Browns have played three good teams and have lost all three.

Stefanski's recent playcalling is some of the worst I've seen.

Defense is some of the worst I've seen since the return. With a ton of names.

Let this be a lesson for all of us. Never allow the Browns to get your hopes up. Always assume a terrible season. Lol

3 members like this: 3rd_and_20, DaveyD, Steubenvillian
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

These guys forget it's hard to be a Browns fan.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
All Pro
All Pro
This feels like we had our shot to escape the curse of Modell.
Someone decided NAH. Go back to the cellar you red headed stepchild!
I guess future will tell.
My sig still stands true.
That is all.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Bingo. There is still plenty of time to turn it around. We also play several crappy teams.

Also, while it is an excuse for the performance, we were missing three high level starters including our best player on offense.

1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Bingo. There is still plenty of time to turn it around. We also play several crappy teams.

Also, while it is an excuse for the performance, we were missing three high level starters including our best player on offense.

Regardless of what happens Thursday night we’ll have 10 days to get some folks healthy and IMO that’s the biggest issue we have right now .. last week we played with one hand tied behind our back on D .. this week we had one hand tied behind our back on O …

IF we get healthy we’ll be OK … maybe the 17th game will end up being a blessing in disguise … smile

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Browns need to get healthy fast. Thursday's game is a must win. We will see what this team is made of.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I agree, injuries are the biggest issue right now. We have to get healthy!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The word of the day is suck. All phases AND coaching. KS needs to give up the play calling. Pray for some luck on Thursday. Denver can play defense.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
W
Rookie
Rookie
W
Look guys. See it for what it was.

Pretty much the entire starting roster is either out or hurt, and Baker has a torn labrum (his completion ratio has gone from 85% to like 55%. That's significant).

We just played one of the best teams in the NFL with no defensive line; a decimated secondary; PRETTY MUCH NO STARTING OFFENSIVE LINE; and no Chubb.

THERE IS NO WAY THEY WERE GOING TO WIN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should they have looked better than garbage?..................................Yes!!! They should have looked at least fairly competent.

My guess is that Stefanski realized they weren't going to win. So he, HOPEFULLY, gave pretty much everybody the week off, and is just pushing for Thursday night.

After Denver (a game that they unfortunately HAVE TO WIN), they get a week and a half to recover.

I don't think there is any way to judge what they are going to do until then. Hopefully, next weeks injury report looks better than a F'ing MASH report from Vietnam.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
You're right, there is still plenty of time to turn it around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DiamDawg
IF we get healthy we’ll be OK …

That remains to be seen. This defense has to learn to get the stop when it is needed.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did not understand the gameplay at all going in to today. We’re missing both tackles, their defense is especially poor against the run, particularly in the middle. Baker hadn’t been playing very well lately, Chubb is out but we have a plethora of other running threats to get creative with and we come out empty backfield for a large majority of the beginning offensive plays? Sure Chandler Jones is out but why in the world would we think we’d have drop back, down field play development time and luck right out of the gates?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
Legend
M
Random thoughts:

Diabolical officiating. Some of it (PI on Hopkins) worked for us - but 80% was against us. The roughing the passer call was as ludicrous as I have seen anywhere, anytime, any team.

1stQ felt like a Freddie Kitchens prepared and coached team.

The back up OT's had such a huge impact on the ability to do anything.

I still worry about Joe Woods scheme - maybe I am wrong but wasn't that close to a full strength D? We flashed for a couple of drives and then - poof - any semblance of a Play-off caliber D vanished. Probably what's most worrying (other than WR catching balls without anyone close to them ... Hopkins, one of the NFL's best) -- we continue to line up with CB's 8-10 yards off the LOS. No wonder they get separation.

OCD mentioned how Stefanski's scheme doesn't have separation unless it's off play action ... evident again today and by contrast it seemed the Cardinals regularly had guys crossing or slanting and getting off their guy.

Baker is a tough S.O.B. .... he's clearly still throwing hurt. Swish - you made a comment about throwing the ball in high winds ... Baker did it his rookie season and he still can/does ... just it's very inconsistent at the moment. Overall a bad game for Baker with the interception.

Sucks. We should crush Denver who are a bad team ... if we don't, it might be the end of playoff hopes, or leastways we might not be in control of our own future if we lost.

Edi - forgot to mention our elite playmaker dropping another 4th down catch that hit him in the numbers.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/17/21 07:30 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Did not understand the gameplay at all going in to today. We’re missing both tackles, their defense is especially poor against the run, particularly in the middle. Baker hadn’t been playing very well lately, Chubb is out but we have a plethora of other running threats to get creative with and we come out empty backfield for a large majority of the beginning offensive plays? Sure Chandler Jones is out but why in the world would we think we’d have drop back, down field play development time and luck right out of the gates?

The Cardinals have been playing with only three defensive backs. That's a lot of meat on the field to run on when you are missing your two starting tackles.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The refs definitely flexed their muscles up 14-0 after that, the team couldbt overcome it.

We need to get healthy and we need a little luck to get things back on track

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
even without the injuries we are a 500 team. The defense is a joke , baker is average at best

Legend
Legend
interesting side note: the moon rising over Cleveland as the game was winding down was a Waxing Moon. Rather fitting.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Our defensive backfield is putrid. Our backup lineman are horrible. Baker can't handle pressure. Hunt was playing hurt. Referees playing one sided again, that last roughing call was atrocious, and the first one was a joke. Denver will beat us, and then we will lose to Pitssburgh. No playoffs this year mark my words.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Our defensive backfield is putrid. Our backup lineman are horrible. Baker can't handle pressure. Hunt was playing hurt. Referees playing one sided again, that last roughing call was atrocious, and the first one was a joke. Denver will beat us, and then we will lose to Pitssburgh. No playoffs this year mark my words.

Baker not being able to handle pressure is the key point made here and it goes hand in hand with the tackles being out. Baker being pressured is among the worst QBs in the league.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I want to add, that watching Conner carry our Dlineman and LBs for extra yards all fourth quarter was embarrassing. And the no call when Baker got hit helmet to helmet, showed me there were not going to be calls made fairly in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
John Johnson III makes no plays at all, and the LBs other than JOK are horrible. I'm done now

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm inclined to agree I don't se us making the playoffs if this keeps up. We need to get healthy and fast. We always have trouble with Denver. I really don't see us winning Thursday.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S

Baker not being able to handle pressure is the key point made here and it goes hand in hand with the tackles being out. Baker being pressured is among the worst QBs in the league.

I didn't want to believe it, but under pressure he turns into Charlie Frye.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

I see what you did there....but I don't think anyone else got it.

1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

So, how are the Ravens 5-1 with all their injuries? I think you know the answer.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1st String
1st String
This game was doomed from the start. From the refs all the way to the play calling. Baker and our dbacks cost us as well. We had chances to make a comeback and they couldn't step up to the plate when it really mattered.

Even still it's not all doom and gloom. There is plenty of time to right this ship. I can't wait til we get healthy I know that much.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DaveyD

So, how are the Ravens 5-1 with all their injuries? I think you know the answer.

Their QB is way better than ours?

C
Legend
Legend
C

I didn't want to believe it, but under pressure he turns into Charlie Frye.

It’s who he was last year we were just able to keep him clean.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I was VERY interested in that no call when Baker got hit helmet to helmet. I guess he's not a big enough name in the league?

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Think the Giants would agree to a trade, OBJ for Saquon Barkley straight up?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Cardinals 37 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard