Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Injuries really suck and we were hit hard - so bad that the horrible calls by the refs (not my assessment but the NONE BIAS announcers) still the injuries just kept on coming and we just couldn't over come them.

I saw Baker go into the blue tent and I think snuk bout from the other side as in HE was not going to come out. Baker I know it was of the variety of trying TOO HARD but the turnovers have to stop (basically the fumbles.) just made an impossible situation worse.

What is wrong with this picture: We play an undefeated team and our division rivals play a beat up Charger team thanks to us, A Seattle team that did not have the services of their excellent QB and they win in OVERTIME. The 3rd team played the winless and just inept Lions it seems every week we got the hardest challenge???

We played without our starting OTs and the top back up out as well. Ouch. We played without our STUD RB who is top in the NFL if you ask me. We played without our top WR still/yet (Landry is missed) our 2nd WR OBJ was in and out with a shoulder injury but who ONCE again dropped a 4th down pass that would have been a first down. That is two weeks in a row.

Yeah I know Baker doesn't do well with pressure...lol - Umm what QB does when the opponents top Pass rusher is left UNTOUCHED coming off the edge...sorry that isn't pressure that is suicide...

Our D limped in with their starters and they all came back admirably hopefully they will be a little healthier on Thursday. We can get by a game or two with our back up RBs...but we cannot be without both our OTs. That just is a sorry sight.

I don't get it our QB throws a successful Hail Mary at the end of the Half and other QBs are praised at their skill set...meanwhile Baker does it throwing the ball over 50 yards having it land right into the chest of a jumping D-P-Jones and we are told that it simply was because the Cardinals failed...where is the praise and love???

JOK just couldn't take the load and his health gave out by the end of the Game. That kid sure can play football.

Clowney and Garrett looked good out there, both getting sacks from the elusive Murray.

I saw too many dropped passes by our top paid players Hooper and OBJ.

We used Felton early on then he sort of disappeared. Where was our great screen passes?

I saw Hunt run like he was the second fiddle still only thing wrong is we didn't have the TOP FIDDLER out there.

We needed our TEs to step it up - they simply disappeared in the night...Donovan People Jones was the only one who stepped it up! Our interior OL were solid but again we sure did miss our two cornerstones!

Ward got 2 big Pass Int calls against him giving Zona a TD early on The first one was simply an outrageous call. Terrible - I'm waiting for our HC to go to the head ref and simply say we are protesting this game cause these call simply have to stop!!!

We got to heal up for our Thursday game then we have a long week for our next game they said Steelers...but I could have sworn it was the Ravens we are to play then have our much needed by week with another game against the Ravens...did they have it wrong or am I just getting senile.

Hands are feeling better as gout pills are doing their job. Getting the Maderna Booster shot this evening. Knee is healing (minor fracture) only thing holding me back is the pain in the kidneys as they are blasting me with diaretics to get the water away from my heart.. May God Bless you all!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
In regards to the TEs … Hooper might as well not be on the team. He is a shell of himself from his ATL days. I even forget he’s on the team most Sundays.

Our offense just seems different … not as effective PA, not as effective keeping the D off balance

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
injuries aside, what i saw is that stefanski completely gets away from our identity just because of injuries.

we're still a run first team. the whole OTA's and training camp, we built our identity around that. yes, i get we got two backup OTs, but that shouldnt change our identity to run the football, especially since when we did decide to run, we got decent results.

Stefanski and the Woods seem to outsmart themselves every week instead of sticking to our identity and making adjustments around that week to week.

Baker....look man even before the injury in the third/4th quarter, he was missing guys high and wide again. that interception was on nobody else but baker. the two fumbles was on him as well.

i tried to defend woods but man come on. i get it; thats D hop, Green, and Kirk out there. but damn, we revamped our secondary to stop groups like this. blitz, and trust our DBs to cover. we ran way too much zone, which is the exact opposite of what you want to run against a group like that. make Murray run and put his body in harms way to get a 1st, but they just completely allowed Murry to do whatever he wanted in the passing game.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Give this defense to the old, run of the mill D coordinator (Williams, Rex Ryan, etc) and they’re way better than what we currently have

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think, moreso than a running team... we are a trenches team. Our play only goes where the big boys (on both sides) take us. Beat up Oline means we struggle a little to run AND get our QB killed. If we don't get the sack or QB hit, we're probably giving up a long pass.

This seems to be the case despite our best efforts of adding a whole mess of talent to our group of pass-catchers and secondary.

I dunno... just following a train of thought as the second cup of coffee takes hold.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Fire Callahan! The OL sucks!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by eotab

I don't get it our QB throws a successful Hail Mary at the end of the Half and other QBs are praised at their skill set...meanwhile Baker does it throwing the ball over 50 yards having it land right into the chest of a jumping D-P-Jones and we are told that it simply was because the Cardinals failed...where is the praise and love???

This is true - as is the fact that other QB's miss multiple throws to wide open receivers and still get love - while Baker can be chastised by 'fans' when he has over an 80% completion rate in games we win and still get labelled average because he didn't do this or that or score 50 points because the D gave up 47 .... Lamar beat the Chargers with a 19/27 and two interceptions -- and "everyone" says he's a franchise QB. Their Defense gave up SIX POINTS. . . . Baker goes 23/32 with two TD versus the Chargers and the team gives up 47 and Baker is a bum.

Baker had a stinker of a game versus the Vikings. Possibly his worst game as a Brown despite the lack of interceptions - he's missed open receivers and he's possibly been sacked when he could have thrown the ball.... the taking the sack thing is probably overblown as a hangover from the Freddie season when Baker undoubtedly ran into sacks and was the cause of many of his pressures/sacks. Anyone watching the games has to wonder what is going on because we all saw elite arm talent in year 1. We saw garbage in year 2 - pick your reason - and then we saw top 10 talent in the last 9 or 10 games last year. Maybe better than that. So what is the problem?

I do not buy that "teams have tape now" which is what we heard in year 2 when it was the Freddie nightmare. I do buy that Baker doesn't go through progressions as fast as the best QB's in the NFL. I do buy that the injury is causing him more issues than he or anyone will admit to. . . . I don't know what the answer is - but I do feel like I'd love to see Van Pelt call a game and for the D to hold a good team to less than 24 points and remove some of the pressure of every first half drive by our opponents end in points.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Give this defense to the old, run of the mill D coordinator (Williams, Rex Ryan, etc) and they’re way better than what we currently have

Both Stefanski and Woods might find it more productive by simplifying their offensive and defensive playbooks.

If Woods is trying to confuse the opposition with his multi-multi defensive formations with multiple defensive backs...someone needs to tell him IT AINT WORKING!!! If anything, Woods might try simplifying the defense so the DBs and LBs know what their assignments are.

Stefanski's playbook, rooted in analytics isn't working either. Seems the rest of the NFL is less impressed with this idea that the Browns franchise (O, D & MGT) is just so much "smarter" than the rest of the NFL.

With the starting OTs out and our backups showing why they are backups, letting the defense know that Mayfield will be attempting to pass from the pocket everytime Stefanski goes empty backfield...that is just plain DUMB. Telling the defense that the next play will be a pocket pass allows the DLine and blitzers to lay their ears back as they go after Mayfield.

Hopefully one of the more experienced coaches (Callahan maybe) can help Stefanski understand that he is not helping the offense by running an empty backfield and that his QB is nothing but a target as the defense disregards the run.

Let Baker be the Baker of last season...allow him to use his own judgement about handling the pass rush...if Baker needs to abandon the pocket and scramble or run to save from himself after pass protection breaks down...so be it.

Anyone playing defense will tell you defending against a QB who scrambles or takes off on a run is much harder to defend than a QB taking the snap with AN EMPTY BACKFIELD.

Just a few of my observations after breaking down the first half of yesterday's game.

If Stefanski is going to save the season, he must make some changes by simplifying the offense stop calling dumb plays.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: chet the jet
L
Legend
Legend
L
I wanted to smash Ski in the face when we didn’t take the easy FG, when we were down 7-0.
What analytics fails to take into account is the emotional swing - on both sides - when you go for it on fourth down and fail, when the easy three is there.

Start of second half: right after the Hail Mary, our D gets a stop to start the second half, and then the turnovers start. On the INT, I believe Baker believed Higgins was gonna sit there instead of going further inside.

Either way, another turnover. Can’t happen. I can blame injuries in part for our offensive woes, but our D is relatively healthy and we got gashed again.
At least DPJ had a game, finally.

I dunno..... we have to beat Denver on Thursday.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I am as frustrated as any Browns fan right now but I really believe it is the injuries that are at the root of the problem. I think our D scheme can be tinkered with a bit but to me it's all the injuries. We can't play to our potential with guys hurt and in and out of the lineup. It's even affecting how KS is calling plays. The talent is still there. Our players didn't suddenly forget how to play and our coaches forget how to coach. The ship will right itself when and if we get healthy. JMO. I will add what a shame if this season goes down the tubes because of injuries with all the talent we have. This has to be the most talent I've seen on any Browns team since I became a fan in 1967. I said before the season began that if we stay healthy we can win and go far in the playoffs. So far my worst fears have come true.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 10/18/21 12:14 PM.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Its pretty evident the Browns cant beat a upper echelon
QB. Yeah they beat the Mills and Fields of the NFL

The Browns snuck up on the NFL last year.
Im.seeing.a defense that isnt coming up with TOs
And giving the offense short fields.
Baker had that luxury last year. Now his limited
Skill set is showing up when asked to execute
75 yd drives over and over.

The Cards really exposed the Browns communication
Issues on defense.
Yeah the Browns have injuries.
So do the Ravens. Its not affecting their 5 and 1 start

Legend
Legend
Yep, we can’t beat the big boys. For AZ to come out in a 6-2 and basically say “beat us Baker’ is alarming IMO. He’s the #1 overall pick in his 4th year

O
Legend
Legend
O
Meh, they had to stop the run for their QB to be on the field more. This is why they came out in 6-2. Honestly, if we had Chubb and Hunt healthy yesterday, we would probably be talking about a much different game.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/18/21 01:18 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Do you know why it doesn't affect the Ravens that much? Because the Ravens are a winning organization. They KNOW they can overcome. We still are not a winning organization. We have never Overcome any adversity. Until we do we will be what we've been. If we could have somehow won the game yesterday it would have put us way ahead of what we've been. When we had a chance to make a statement we didn't. We had a golden opportunity in the KC game and we folded. Same last week. When we get the chance to prove it's different now we become the same old Browns. We have another chance to do something this week against a team that almost always beats us. Let's see what happens.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I wanted to smash Ski in the face when we didn’t take the easy FG, when we were down 7-0.
What analytics fails to take into account is the emotional swing - on both sides - when you go for it on fourth down and fail, when the easy three is there.

We have gone for it on 4th down more than any team in the NFL.. 15 times. We have a below average success rate of 40% and that's considering that most teams only go for it bad down and distance end of game situations when they have to. In the first half in the red zone, when it is totally unnecessary to go for it, we are 0 for 5. I don't care what the big picture NFL analytics say you should do, our own analytics data says we should stop doing that. And I completely agree with you that he doesn't seem to be taking into account the emotional let down we get from driving the length of the field and getting no points and the emotional burst the other team gets from stopping us with no points. We overcame it against the Bears and the Vikings... it cost us dearly against the Chargers and, all things being equal, completely changed the way we had to play the 4th quarter.. and who knows how it emotionally changed things against the Cardinals though I think we were destined to lose that one anyway... Regardless, we need to start taking the points early in games. And I won't even get into what I think of his typical play selection on 4th and 3 or 4 inside the redzone... the Cardinals played it as if they were 100% sure they knew what was coming... and they were right.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For the second week in a row I saw Remember The Titans, except without the guy guy coach that threatened the officials if they didn't call a fair game.

Sad part is we probably would've lost this one anyways due to so many injuries.

I think the worst part of it is that nobody except Browns (and sometimes Lions/Saints) fans will even look at the truth and see how unlucky and cheated we are. They'll say something like "One play doesn't decide the game!" when a ref makes a bad call, oh yeah, what about 6-7 bad calls all on 3rd or 4th down? That doesn't have ANY effect?

Or they'll say "Every team has injuries!", oh yeah, is every team playing with their 4th and 5th string OTs? 4th string WRs? Injued QB? 2 superstar RBs both hurt? I mean I wish that was the end of the list but as we all know there's more.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and that only Browns fans can see through the Matrix lol, give me that Blue Pill please!

I really don't want to believe it but Cleveland might be cursed after all. Sunday is just sad day. Even last year when we made a magical run and the refs took it away with the no call on the helmet-to-helmet on Higgins vs KC.

I want to get that feeling back when I was <30 years old, and the cameras were blurry and the phantom fumble, bottlegate, the force out, Zeus getting blinded, etc etc etc hadn't happened yet. Good lord I'd be here all day if I listed every time the refs ripped us off or seemingly the universe itself screwed us.

I hate being mr negative, but like, what positive is there? Every time we turn a corner we get hit by a bus.

Legend
Legend
Like it or not, agree or do not, this team needs to re-think our offense and defense as called. We are having analytics failure; perhaps it is because of how we measure it, how we interpret it, how we apply it or somesuch. But this fourth down failure stat is telling in itself. Stop it.

We are predictable, and we are losing way too often. Injuries abound and I am not ignoring that. But we are failing to be aggressive in offense and on defensive scheming. Wrong people, wrong attack, wrong results. Connect our dots. Injuries prevent coaches from doing everything that they want; but they also require coaches try to compensate with pressure and risks and possibly different players and configurations. And adjustments. Have not seen much in that last. I am not qualified to break down the stuff I am seeing into package and such; I am a fan. But I am a fan who can look at scores and know what I am not seeing happen well, and especially lack of change and lack of improvement. Some folks should be kept off the field who are failing us in the clutch regularly. Roll the dice with the lionhearts. Better teams are beating us because they play harder, way harder, they play hard enough to win.
We have not lately.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Surprised no one has mentioned what Conner's did with ball in his hands .. I am confused by so many things right now ... I believe it is common knowledge that Baker is wildly accurate and dangerous ( as a passer ) when he rolls out ; Yet Ski refuses to play with it ? .. The Haslam's relly need to call a come to Jesus meeting during the by week and talk to Berry and Ski about Woods if nothing else ..

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
We still are 3-3 and in this thing Baker is nowhere as bad as you think...pick apart his incomplete passes btw I saw 5-6 drops. Even you beloved Lamar throws some really bad throws and that is with a clean pocket - it doesn't make them bad.

The INT - Just because the announcers who don't have a clue about our team didn't say this it doesn't mean it didn't happen. High throw or throw to the WRONG spot. ALFORD the WR when have you seen him play for us? Ya think he went inside whilst he was to go out where Baker put it??? Just saying I find it fishy when a guy who I never saw run a route for us has our QB throwing a 20 yard pass out as Alford goes in - Possibly a bad throw or Possibly a WR running the wrong route???

Still that PI call by the ref was horrible as Johnson 3 almost makes the INT and then they say WARD interfered? really?? on the slo-mo replay Ward does nothing to interfere with the WR on catching a pass which btw he never turned around to see where it was
coming. Terrible call and the timing of it changed the entire game as they got a TD because of that play keeping the drive going. We just don't have the talent that we were told that we had. When we need a passing attack our best WRs are our very average TEs - OBJ does a great catch and then drops a very important easy pass for the first down? Becoming a regular thing. DPJ is our best WR right now...Higgins has disappeared from the face of the earth OBJ is injured and unreliable, with our 2 starting OTs out or playing injured Baker just doesn't have the time and too often the knowledge is just not there as a PRIME pass rusher is left untouched - can you imagine Garrett left untouched as he is in his 7 technique on a passing down. Ski is coaching too conservatively he is calling the game on how not to turn the ball over instead of going in attack mode and create space for our WRs regardless who they are. Despite all this we are in the games and it has been injury right now that we must fight and recover until our BYE Week . But we can still win our division. There is no team - all good btw. that we cannot beat. The back to back Raven games right between our Bye week are very important We just need to survive these injuries and get back to health. Especially our OTs they are so so important.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Every Qb has bad games and horrible throws.

You know what lamar has that baker doesn’t? Division titles and an MVP.

Why is lamar improving every single year and baker isn’t? Why is joe burrow improving and baker isn’t? Why is josh Allen improving and baker isn’t? Why is kyler Murray improving and baker isn’t?

At some point, you need to be honest with yourself. There’s a great argument to be made that baker’s already at his ceiling.

I saw a team take away lamars run game, yet he torched them for over 400 yards threw the air. The so called RB playing QB. Allen IS the run game, and yet doesn’t have a problem getting his beat receiver the ball and win division titles.

I’m gettin tired of baker apologist. If we win, it’s cause of baker. If we lose, it’s because of everyone else.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Disappointment to say the least.

Other teams are overcoming adversity and we are not.

I saw a lot of bad play by lots of people.

Troy Hill needs to go to the bench. We should start Ward and Greedy at the corners and move Newsome to the slot.

Hill has been abused for weeks now.

Hudson is not ready to play. He was overwhelmed by JJ Watt.

Baker is hurt but if he plays. He has to protect the ball. Period.

What the hell is going on in the secondary?? Do these guys not know their assignments?
Over communicate. Hopkins gets to stand alone in the endzone? How is that allowed?

There is no excuse for not getting off the field on third and fourth down when you have 10 or more yards to gain.

On offense how about not shooting yourself. Schwartz has no clue what he is doing. He runs a reverse. He has a open cut back right in front of him and he runs right into the defensers. Does he have any idea on how to elude tacklers? In addition to learning how to run patterns.

Catch the damn ball. Don't talk about your hands. Odell and Hooper catch the damn ball.

Normally I do not complain about refs. However, I am sick of seeing pass interfernce when there is none. Those are not ten yard penalty's . They beocme thirty yard penalty's. Holding calls are so inconsistent. They will call a hold when I can't see it. And not call a hold when Stevie Wonder could see it.

Felton? His decoy use is a joke. Nobody buys it. He is not Tyreek Hill. So scratch the Chiefs plays.

When we have both starting OT's out. You have to adapt and overcome. That means we don't run well unless we set up a run play.

Meaning we go to a run formation and pass the ball quickly. Get the ball out on three and five step drops. If not there throw it away or hit a check down.

JOK, that young man is a football player. We will now see once again how bad Mack Wilson is. I would rather playTaki.

We are still alive. But KS has to stop the bleeding. Adapt and overcome.

Legend
Legend
Good point on the orbit play with Felton. That ain’t working

L
Legend
Legend
L
funny thing is, Hill was our highest rated corner and OBJ the highest rated receiver Sunday

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
OBJ graded out higher than DPJ?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well Hill had an excellent resume as a slot corner when we signed him ; what happened ? JJ 111 was a pro bowl type Safety when we signed him ; what happened. Ward , Williams , Newsome ' man up corners , not so much zone guys .. I hope Berry considers spending some Draft capitol on LB's ..

Hudson showed he wasn't anywhere near ready to play at the NFL level against the number two's in Pre Season... That he can't hold up should come as no surprise to anyone .. OBJ may be a great WR but he and Cleveland just don't click for what ever reason. Ski confuses me with the use of TE's during the game .. Why Felton isn't getting more touch's is a head scratcher . Not rolling out Baker a lot more is a head scratcher.

They really need to reorganize during the bye .. PS: I still have a ton of faith in Ski and Baker .. Round hole meat square peg must be in the water in Northeast
Ohio..

PSS : What did anyone see on the roughing the passer call on Joe Jackson ( think it was him ) ?

Last edited by waterdawg; 10/19/21 01:33 PM. Reason: addition .
M
Legend
Legend
M
The INT - Just because the announcers who don't have a clue about our team didn't say this it doesn't mean it didn't happen. High throw or throw to the WRONG spot. ALFORD the WR when have you seen him play for us? Ya think he went inside whilst he was to go out where Baker put it??? Just saying I find it fishy when a guy who I never saw run a route for us has our QB throwing a 20 yard pass out as Alford goes in - Possibly a bad throw or Possibly a WR running the wrong route???

Rashard Higgins was the intended target on this play. Robert Alford is the DB on the Cardinals that made the interception.

Looked like Baker just overthrew Higgins.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Swish
Every Qb has bad games and horrible throws.

You know what lamar has that baker doesn’t? Division titles and an MVP.

Why is lamar improving every single year and baker isn’t? Why is joe burrow improving and baker isn’t? Why is josh Allen improving and baker isn’t? Why is kyler Murray improving and baker isn’t?

At some point, you need to be honest with yourself. There’s a great argument to be made that baker’s already at his ceiling.

I saw a team take away lamars run game, yet he torched them for over 400 yards threw the air. The so called RB playing QB. Allen IS the run game, and yet doesn’t have a problem getting his beat receiver the ball and win division titles.

I’m gettin tired of baker apologist. If we win, it’s cause of baker. If we lose, it’s because of everyone else.

You make great points but I think in terms of whether or not he's reached his ceiling I think there's an argument to be made that he's still not playing to his strengths. I think Baker is kind of like my daughters little Fiat. It has a Sport mode. Right now Baker is playing in your normal, controlled, safe driver mode. He needs to be in Sport mode. I'm not saying we need to run no huddle or anything like that, but Ski's having him play at a tempo slower than what is natural for him. IMO Baker is at his best when he drops back, plants, and throws but when he does that then people criticize him for being a 1 read QB... smh.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Legend
Legend
D
A complete butt whoopin in every faucet of the game, there were no bright spots Sunday. NONE and we suffered more devastating injuries to boot!

JJ3 once again was invisible except for getting trucked by Hop at the goal line, nice tackle JJ. The fact 2 or 3 other tackles were missed before u were trucked is nothing to hang your hat on, you got trucked by Hop who all ready had his momentum slowed by the initial hit at the goal line.

Hunt looked like he shouldn’t have been out there, he was a shell of himself from the first snap, just an awful decision to play him.

Bake had some atrocious passes before he aggravated his injury. The pass to Higgins sums up bad Bake all in one play, it was high and behind him, PITIFUL.

Oh wait my bad, DPJ showed up, sorry about that DPJ, u weren’t part of the clown show.

Kev once again took3 off the board, he can stick his analytics up his ass at this point!

It was the return of the GRIEVELAND FROWNS and with the injuries piling up, Thursday could be worse!

Bake should sit so he can be as healed as possible for our next game and hopefully we’ll get some of the others back, especially Wills and Conklin and I could CARE LESS WHAT BAKE WANTS, Kev needs to do what’s right for this football team and MAYBE we can salvage a playoff spot. END OF STORY!

Legend
Legend
Yeah DPJ was maybe the only guy who showed up from my recollection. Maybe Clowney too

Legend
Legend
You would think that communication on defense should be in place by this point.

Walker and JJ3 are veteran guys who are both smart players. Both them have called the defensive alignment.
What is the problem??

JJ3 came here has a hybrid FS who played in the box at times and pure FS at other times.
I am not sure how Woods in playing JJ3?

We have JJ3, Harrison, Delpit, Lecounte.

JJ3 and LeCounte are listed at FS
Delpit and Harrison at SS

Hill as been getting beat underneath.

The backend has been a mess with blown assignments. Greedy and Ward are good man corners.
Newsome I believe can play the slot and solo corner.

We have talent in the secondary. Woods needs to get these guys on the same page.

Legend
Legend
What makes me angry is the cushion AND the miscommunication. It’s one thing to be aggressive and get toasted. It’s another to be passive and get toasted.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think the coverage lapses are on the safeties biting on an underneath route … it’s not acceptable but I don’t think its a communication issue it’s the safeties having brain farts and biting on underneath routes …

JJ3 has been a major dissapointment so far and I would guess it’s on Wood’sfor misusing him like he does our corners …

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DiamDawg
I think the coverage lapses are on the safeties biting on an underneath route … it’s not acceptable but I don’t think its a communication issue it’s the safeties having brain farts and biting on underneath routes …

JJ3 has been a major dissapointment so far and I would guess it’s on Wood’sfor misusing him like he does our corners …
Could be just brain farts that are causing it. Could be that they don't trust our CBs to make the plays they should. Could also be that they are gambling to make the big play INT rather than filling their assignment.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I think it's just been brain farts and guys getting confused on their assignments. They're still thinking too much and far, far from the place where they a.) just react instinctively and b.) react correctly

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Rashard Higgins was the intended target on this play. Robert Alford is the DB on the Cardinals that made the interception.

Looked like Baker just overthrew Higgins.

DOH!!! willynilly Well that is a good reason why I never saw Alford run a rout for us before...lol laugh
Ok then that is on Baker for a lack of communication regardless of name...OUR WR in our Uni went In while Baker threw out

Swish Why isn't Baker improving which quite frankly who says he isn't. Why hasn't he gotten the accolades. Our team is just getting there but not quite. Our D is not there with the Ravens or Steelers yet...as A TEAM Baker or not we just aren't there yet. we have taken a 1-31 team and have made them into a playoff team...and you say we have not imrpove....Bengals...ummm look at their schedule so far and then look at ours. Lamar btw has exceeded my expectations but his growth is not what you claim it to be... Suck at passing to throwing bombs and having some stick. When he does play action he has an amazing pocket cause teams don't want to go all out cause he is an amazing RUNNER (not passer) he gets the job done but not quite as accomplished as you say...how far in the playoffs?

I'm going to make a thread that will take this further so I'm sure I will see you there. Excuse...losing your WRs, losing your RBs, Losing your OTs this is not an excuse these are facts. Playing injured is a fact.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
I may be missing something, but it seems to me like Higgy is our most reliable dude (and DPJ isn’t far off). Having those two and Landry should be sufficient IMO

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Cardinals 37 What I saw Arizona Cardinals

Link Copied to Clipboard