Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Was it just me or was JJ3 calling the defense on the field? I know Walker was doing it. JJ3 called the defense in LA, maybe that’s the change the D needed.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just settled in after a construction delayed drive.

Nice game last night.

I am glad we kept D'Ernest. I hoped we didn't cut the guy because he flashed the ability to be a good back the last 2 years. This could open up a trade for Hunt.

McGlaughlin looks solid.
D seemed solid.

Still have a 11 hour drive buzz going on...will get back tomorrow.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Swish
People need to chill on the criticism of our defense. We have up 14 points and less than 230 total yards. The Broncos had a whopping 2.9 yards per rush. And if the refs gave our D line any sort of attention, there either would’ve been a ton of holding calls on the Broncos, or teddy and drew lock would’ve been laying on the ground looking at the pearly gates.

Our offense might as well been a hospital unit at the cleveland clinic, and yet we still ran the ball down their throats. D’Ernest Johnson, what a guy. What an easy dude to root for. Our O line, still banged up, showed up and showed out.

Quoting this because I wanted to hit on a couple of things after reading a number of posts, and you brought both to the forefront:

1. People that are bagging on Woods so harshly - STOP, and think what this D would look like if Myles was actually allowed to do his job. If the opposing offenses actually, at the least, got called for Holding when it happens... how would those offenses look? If they actually stopped Holding so they don't get called, how many Sacks would Myles have per game?? My oldest brother loves to hear himself rant about how he isn't impressed with the Garrett-Clowney experiment (which is insane by itself), but refuses or is unable to look at WHY his simplistic measuring stick of Sacks isn't rolling up like a pinball score. Teams just do NOT run on us, they generally do not get outside on us, and we are hitting their QB constantly when the back end covers. If Myles could go a game where the Refs actually call an honest game, he'd have half a dozen every week.

You're not wrong. But let's be honest.. even IF the refs get better about throwing it they aren't going to throw a dozen flags a game for holding Myles. Knowing that is what he's up against, I do think Woods has the responsibility to figure it out. It sucks, maybe its not fair to him, but its the hand he's been dealt with. Part of the reason the T can focus so much on Myles to hold him is because he doesn't have to choose between Myles and anyone or anything else. I think sometimes the focus is too much on what can the rest of the D-Line do to set up Myles. Maybe we look a little at what can Myles (or what's happening to him) do for the rest of the D?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
1 member likes this: Jester
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Was it just me or was JJ3 calling the defense on the field? I know Walker was doing it. JJ3 called the defense in LA, maybe that’s the change the D needed.

JJ III has been calling the defense since the game against the Chargers.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...er-mayfield-odell-beckham-jr/8434167002/

B
Legend
Legend
B
A few more thoughts...

Hance played well. He is a keeper as a #1 swing man along the line. He can step in and play well enough you don't notice him...which is a good thing.

We look good enough in the depth area with Johnson, Felton, and Kelly that Hunt can become a trade chip. 3rd rounder??

Keenum is a competent QB who can win games. No doubt he has to put a bit of lob on the ball, but he puts it where it needs to go. He is a very good back-up and we are fortunate to have him.

Behind Malik McDowell, we have nothing at DT. That should be a high priority next off season because it looks like all the others pretty much suck.

The long week before the Steelers is a good thing. I usually don't like Thursday games, but thins one came at a good time.

Baker. He is our guy. There is no QB deal between him and Keenum, but Keenum is good enough to allow Bake to stay on the sidelines as long as it takes for him to get better. Better being relative...I know that surgery is the only way he gets fixed, but as long as playoffs are in the picture for this year, holding off is the proper thing for everybody. If that changes, get it over with ASAP. I suppose the whole contract situation complicates matters for all involved. How could be be any different for the team and us fans? It wouldn't be the same if we didn't have some sort of big question mark looming. Right?

A win is a win. For a close game, it never really seemed all that close. I never felt that we were somehow going to end up losing.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C

5 members like this: DaveyD, SuperBrown, Milk Man
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good point about DT. Billings is trash. We need DT, LB, and WR help in the draft

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Good point about DT. Billings is trash. We need DT, LB, and WR help in the draft
We need to address free agents and free agency before that. Priority one is identifying the pieces we need to keep whose contracts are about to be up.... which is almost the entire DLine. I would LOVE to see us wrap up the Maliks AND Clowney for the next four or five years and Takk, too. I love what this DLine does when they're healthy.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Pay the DL before some other contracts come up. This line group has done more for us than some CB, LB, QB has managed. Berry will have his work in front of him.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Broncos 14 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard