Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Time will tell.

Talk about interfering with elections. LOL

We all know what happened here. Some are just happy it did, well, except for the ones who died or will, and their families.

Just look at the numbers of people infected to the population size.

It doesn't add up. This was released. A deliberate attack.

So what? This is a distraction technique used by right wingers. Always want to point out blame instead of finding the solution.

After we get it under control, there will be plenty of time to catch the bad guys.

Having said that, there is reason to believe that someone put this out there on purpose.. but now is not the time to concentrate on that,, now is the time to concentrate on the health of the worlds citizens..

We all know that eventually, the truth will come out.. when it does, that's the time to attack who brought it about if indeed someone did this on purpose.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Not sure about the "distraction technique" other than to slam one side for no real reason... the rest of your post, I can't really understand.

So, you're saying that we don't have the resources as a country of 300M to fight the virus while getting to the bottom of the cause? Those things have to be done separately with one before the other? It's almost as if you're saying don't try to find the truth, it will come out in it's own due time, is that what I'm reading?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
We apparently can't adequately fight the virus regardless, so this might be a poor example.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Time will tell.

We all know what happened here. Some are just happy it did, well, except for the ones who died or will, and their families.

So what? This is a distraction technique used by right wingers. Always want to point out blame instead of finding the solution.

After we get it under control, there will be plenty of time to catch the bad guys.

Having said that, there is reason to believe that someone put this out there on purpose.. but now is not the time to concentrate on that,, now is the time to concentrate on the health of the worlds citizens..

We all know that eventually, the truth will come out.. when it does, that's the time to attack who brought it about if indeed someone did this on purpose.

The police don't wait to investigate a murder until after the person has been buried and the family has had time to grieve.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Depending on who they are and where they live, sometimes they don't really want to investigate them at all. Often times it's not an intensive investigation at all. In this case, it would solve the question that has impacted nearly everyone on our planet is some form or fashion.

Actually I don't know of anyone who doesn't want to get to the bottom of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
There is a lab in Wuhan that studies and manipulates covid viruses.
A worldwide pandemic of a never before seen covid virus breaks out in Wuhan.
If you believe that to be a coincidence,then I have a large section of the Brooklyn Bridge for sale,cheap,give me a call before it's gone.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't see any convincing evidence in either direction. How much more of a worldwide pandemic is this than the Spanish Flu of the early 20th century?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
You need to get out of your basement and go outside for awhile.
You are having trouble grasping the obvious.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't see any convincing evidence in either direction. How much more of a worldwide pandemic is this than the Spanish Flu of the early 20th century?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I do not stay in the basement. I also do not try to make assumptions when the evidence isn't clear.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ten thousand comedians out of work and you're here trying to be funny. You have failed in your attempt.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It was completely accurate, not meant to be funny.

Get back to the basement now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sure your basement is too stocked with end of days provisions for you to allow anyone else in. It must get lonely for you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I know you are but what am I?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Grab an MRE and relax.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Time will tell.

The police don't wait to investigate a murder until after the person has been buried and the family has had time to grieve.

Horrible comp... But hey if you wanna do it at the same time,, Great,, just don't be dumb enough to use one to excuse the other. Kinda like this: Trump handled things poorly,,, But but, the Chinese did it!

One shouldn't distract from the other.. But that's the way Trumpians want it to go.

Last edited by Damanshot; 08/15/21 07:57 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I doubt we’ll ever be able to fully tell with conviction, but knowing their track record of honesty and accountability, I can’t help but maintain a high level of both skepticism and cynicism.

Yep, we don't know and probably never will. But I would absolutely believe China over Trump and the Trumpians, they are liars to the man. Here's why I don't get all this it came from a Chinese lab hoopla: it's well known they have an infectious disease lab there that messes with these sorts of thing and it also appears that this lab was also tied to Dr. Fauci knowing about it... if this is an internationally used lab for virologists, why would they lie about something nasty escaping?

I don’t want to make this a Trump vs Chinese government thing. Both are incredibly and shamelessly self-interested. I actually err on the side of the Chinese being at fault. They are secretive and manipulative in ways that continually astound me. That being said, I don’t want that bias to be my conclusion as I want to see how the facts lay out.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Really? I thought we were leaning pretty heavily towards poor containment practices allowing the 'rona to escape from that lab, and China covering it up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess that depends on who you consider "we" to be. I am leaning more in that direction with the more evidence I see unfolding. But leaning in one direction or the other isn't a clear cut conclusion.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Time will tell.

Horrible comp... But hey if you wanna do it at the same time,, Great,, just don't be dumb enough to use one to excuse the other. Kinda like this: Trump handled things poorly,,, But but, the Chinese did it!

One shouldn't distract from the other.. But that's the way Trumpians want it to go.

It's a perfect analogy. World investigative agency's aren't looking in to the science or political handlings of the crisis.

They need to be laser focused in China. The President is finding out that China is eating our lunch...Cone on, man! LOL

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Do you really think a mostly closed society like China is ever going to let the "fully story" out. Get real. AND, how many conspiracy theories are there so far from the "free world", US among that group....we'll NEVER have the "real story". Peace.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Robert Redfield recently wrote this for the WSJ. If I was to guess, I would say our intelligence community knows a few things that the rest of us don't right now.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wuhan-virol...rus-11629037765

The World Needs to Know What Happened at the Wuhan Lab
Was the coronavirus manipulated to infect humans? If so, that will inform our response.
By Robert Redfield and Marc Siegel
Aug. 15, 2021 3:34 pm ET

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wasn’t allowed to visit the city of Wuhan, China, or the Wuhan Institute of Virology in early 2020. We’ve been trying to find out why ever since. Had we encountered transparency rather than stonewalling, it wouldn’t have been necessary to put together the circumstantial pieces of the puzzle on our own.

On Sept. 12, 2019, coronavirus bat sequences were deleted from the institute’s database. Why? It changed the security protocols for the lab. Why? It put out requests for more than $600 million for a new ventilation system. What prompted this new need?

In January 2020 two hypotheses emerged about the origin of the novel coronavirus: that it began in a bat, then infected another animal before spreading to humans in a Wuhan “wet market,” where wild animals are sold for meat; or that it emerged from the Wuhan laboratory. The wet-market story was pushed by the Chinese CDC and the World Health Organization. Public-health leaders argued that Covid-19 was like SARS and MERS, earlier coronaviruses that emerged from bats and spread through an intermediate animal.

But neither of those viruses has ever evolved to the point where it can transmit efficiently from one human to the next. There have been fewer than 10,000 cases of each virus world-wide since SARS was discovered in 2003 and MERS in 2012. What virus comes out of a bat cave and infects humans by the millions? It’s not biologically plausible. If instead it evolved slowly over many years in nature, how come no one knew of it?

One of the lab theories hypothesizes that SARS-CoV-2 was manipulated or “taught” to infect humans. Imagine several viruses being run through humanized mice (grafted with human tissue and immune cells) to test their ability to infect human tissue. Notably, SARS-CoV-2 includes a kind of cleavage site that allows its spike protein to change its orientation and dock more easily with a human cell.

This hypothesis bears investigation, especially since no new information has emerged in the past 18 months to support the natural-origin theory. Meantime, a growing body of circumstantial evidence supports the lab-leak theory, including information reported by the U.S. State Department that employees of the Wuhan lab were becoming sick with Covid-like symptoms in the fall of 2019.

A virus with a head start in becoming acclimated to humans likely has an easier time evolving to increase transmission. Hence the variants, which seem more effective than anything nature usually delivers on its own. In the months ahead we may have another variant that is even more contagious than Delta, that makes people sicker and—in the worst-case scenario—that eludes vaccines.

The story of SARS-Cov-2 started long before January 2020. We believe the virus was most likely uncontained in a laboratory where it was being worked on, and that it escaped unintentionally. A Harvard study of satellite images revealed a shutdown of traffic around the Wuhan lab in the late summer and early fall of 2019. Weeks later, in late September, the hospital parking lots were filling up.

There were hallmarks of scientific arrogance and failures in the containment system. China’s CDC initially appeared to be out of the loop but later became a key messenger, selling the natural-origin and wet-market theory. Another apparent misdirection was several key scientists’ insistence on a narrow definition of “gain of function” research to include remodeling, overt bioengineering, shaping or constructing a virus. As far as we’re concerned, if a virus is taught to or evolves in a lab to infect human tissue more efficiently, that’s gain of function.

Beyond the responsibility to tell the truth, there is the global need to know what we are dealing with because it affects how we approach the problem. Physicians on the front lines were ambushed from the beginning as the novel pathogen was spreading through communities asymptomatically and causing an unexpected inflammatory response in blood vessels and major organs. Now variants are emerging rapidly that continue to change the game. All this is in keeping with a virus that more likely jumped from a bat to a lab, not to a rat or a rabbit.

We need a comprehensive bipartisan investigation into the origin of Covid-19. Until then, we call for a world-wide moratorium on gain-of-function research while authorities develop a clear and careful policy to help prevent the next pandemic.

Dr. Redfield, a virologist, served as CDC director, 2018-21. Dr. Siegel is a clinical professor of medicine and medical director of Doctor Radio at NYU Langone Health, a Fox News medical correspondent, and author of “COVID: The Politics of Fear and the Power of Science.”

Legend
Legend
j/c:

NIH ADMITS to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China's Wuhan lab despite Dr. Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that it did not happen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...naviruses-Chinas-Wuhan-lab.html#comments

E
Legend
Legend
E
That liar needs to be fired.

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
A
Legend
Legend
A
That article will probably be the last you read of it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

NIH ADMITS to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China's Wuhan lab despite Dr. Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that it did not happen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...naviruses-Chinas-Wuhan-lab.html#comments

among scientists working with the virus,, they have known this for many months.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The majority of humans would love to be vaccinated, Americans apparently know more.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Bad Science Part II: Covid-19 escaped from a lab!

Link Copied to Clipboard