A
Legend
Legend
A

P
Legend
Legend
P
I can see why a Trump supporter would be shocked to see anyone apologize for anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh wow! The DHS is building a fence around a Presidents permanent home... must have something to do with providing security. Hopefully these right-wing brainiacs aren't trying to compare it to the border wall... that would just be ridiculous.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Not sure what you mean by "permanent home"... this is a beach house.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Each trip to Mar a Lago cost taxpayers $3.4 million.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/6916...ps-to-florida-costing-taxpayers-millions

A hundred times.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/r...estigations/trump-mar-a-lago-100-visits/

And we have the Trumpian bitchin about a security fence at $400k? Seems about right.

And some don't want to recognize the difference between a thousands mile border and a residence? Perfect.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/24/21 02:43 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by FATE
Not sure what you mean by "permanent home"... this is a beach house.

Correct. From the article: "He has visited the property twice so far during his presidency."

But, fences don't work I thought.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Each trip to Mar a Lago cost taxpayers $3.4 million.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/6916...ps-to-florida-costing-taxpayers-millions

A hundred times.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/r...estigations/trump-mar-a-lago-100-visits/

And we have the Trumpian bitchin about a security fence at $400k? Seems about right.

And some don't want to recognize the difference between a thousands mile border and a residence? Perfect.

Obvious observations. Trump cost taxpayers all that money and doubled the price of annual dues at Mar a Largo to line his own pockets at the same time. Obvious pay to play access to the president. Yet they whine about a 400k fence. Just one security upgrade to Mar a Largo cost 588k.

Mar-a-Lago Gets $600,000 Security Upgrade on Taxpayers’ Dime

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donal...000-security-upgrade-at-taxpayer-expense

But you know how snowflakes are. Always searching for something to whine about.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know how trolls are. Always blaming others. Hmmm............

Well, what about, what about. And when the what about hits them in the jaw, they what about again.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
So we should only talk about presidential security upgrades that you want to talk about? Sure arch, sure.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So we should only talk about presidential security upgrades that you want to talk about? Sure arch, sure.

He's been there 2 times in 10 months.

The fence (which, fences don't work, right?) is in addition to all the secret service protection he, and every president, gets. Why spend the money on a place he hardly goes to? And when he IS there, he's probably got 150 or so publicly paid for security guards that can, and have, shut roads, etc. down.

Fences don't work, you said. But...........now they work?

We might want to dig a bit deeper into who the owner of the company erecting the fence is. Probably not hunter biden, as he can't run a company - he just gets paid to give access to his dilapidated old man who claims after his........what, 40 some years taking taxpayer money (weird, he's never had a job other than being a 'public servant') yet he buys a 2.7 million property? On OUR dime? But after some 40 years in 'public making me rich', he suddenly thinks he can help the nation? By? Taxing the hell out of the nation?

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you can't comprehend the difference between a small property and thousands of miles of border? Why am I not surprised? They work about as good as a lock on a door. They only keep out the people that don't want in bad enough not to break a lock. In both cases if someone wants in bad enough, neither of those things will stop them.

It seems it's not me who has resorted to "whatabouts". Hunter Biden has nothing to do with any of this.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, fences work? Or they don't?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure what is so complicated here. I'll bold oy for you this time. Fences, just like locks only keep people out that don't want in bad enough to break them, climb them or go around them.

There's one problem. There are thousands of miles of border. In four years Trump built new fencing on a grand total of 15 miles of primary wall where none existed before.

Before he took office, there were 654 miles (just over 1,000km) of barrier along the southern border - made up of 354 miles of barricades to stop pedestrians and 300 miles of anti-vehicle fencing.

Now, according to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in its 6 October status report, the southern border has 669 miles of "primary barrier" - the first structure people heading from Mexico to the US will encounter - and 65 miles of "secondary barrier" - which usually runs behind the primary structure as a further obstacle.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46824649

And just in case you missed it, Mexico didn't pay for it.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
This is a non story. All Presidents deserve and get added security at their private home(s).

There is enough to complain about with the guy, but this isn't one of them.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: mgh888, Jester
Legend
Legend
God people make the dumbest comparisons ever.

This reminds me of the cars vs guns arguments you guys tried to make before. Gotta throw away every sense of logic just to even form an argument.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Oh wow! The DHS is building a fence around a Presidents permanent home... must have something to do with providing security. Hopefully these right-wing brainiacs aren't trying to compare it to the border wall... that would just be ridiculous.

Actually it's a vacation home he's been to twice since being president... I've always been tore about a presidents personal residence... I get having to up security but think that if he's upgrading one of his own properties it should at least be partly on his dime and not tax payers...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: s003apr
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird

Actually it's a vacation home he's been to twice since being president... I've always been tore about a presidents personal residence... I get having to up security but think that if he's upgrading one of his own properties it should at least be partly on his dime and not tax payers...

That is a perfectly fine argument to make, and I agree.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by jaybird

That is a perfectly fine argument to make, and I agree.

Even there I disagree to a large extent.

The reality is Presidents get protection for the rest of their life, along with their spouse.

It's far easier for a secret service detail to secure a home with a fence line over one without. Just a fact. And not to tick anybody off, it isn't just a normal fence. It is sturdy iron fencing made to defeat people who might want to climb the fence. It also has motion wires and full camera surveillance.

I went to church at President Carters church in Plains Ga some years back. Actually sat in the pew in front of him. A great experience. They didn't get in to a whole lot of detail, but a detail of secret service agents are assigned to the Presidents home year round no matter if he is there or not. The best guess was 25 agents on full time duty. More when he was in Plains. With those numbers it sounds like 4-5 agents we on property 24/7.

It would take more if the agents were protecting unsecured property boundaries.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Well I’m pretty sure he said partially paid for. I get your secret service angle, but it’s still his personal residence.

And you guys love bringing up that fact that joe has been around for 40 years or so. That means he’s made more than enough money in life to put up money own his own damn yard.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
But the DHS is doing it, not Biden. If Biden just wanted a wall and it had nothing to do with his security, then he should pay for it. I don't really care about the government spending money to protect him. Hell, even Trump deserves that kind of protection, at least for now. Now if Trump is found guilty in the insurrection, which all indications look like he will be, then he should lose his security detail. Prison is no place for a security detail... As if he'll ever do a day.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Audacity? What the hell are you speaking of. There hasn't been an Ex or current president where this wasn't the case in recent times... Republican or Democrat..

You are looking for fault where there is none... Nice try

How much was spent on Protecting Trump.... at Mar A Lago.. Go look that up,, The numbers were staggering. Way more than anyone else ever. How about the security around Trump on the golf course,.. Remember, he said he wouldn't have time to play golf... His home in Florida and his home in NJ and his home in NYC are still being protected.. Again, at a staggering cost

Typical trumpian,,,

Last edited by Damanshot; 10/25/21 08:25 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Audacity? What the hell are you speaking of. There hasn't been an Ex or current president where this wasn't the case in recent times... Republican or Democrat..

You are looking for fault where there is none... Nice try

How much was spent on Protecting Trump.... at Mar A Lago.. Go look that up,, The numbers were staggering. Way more than anyone else ever. How about the security around Trump on the golf course,.. Remember, he said he wouldn't have time to play golf... His home in Florida and his home in NJ and his home in NYC are still being protected.. Again, at a staggering cost

Typical trumpian,,,

Yet trumpian righteous indignation persists

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Such little talk about taxpayer money funding - yet again - the Biden family. This time right in our faces and yet some can't see the ridiculousness of a $450,000 fence around a crooks vacation home...again paid for by the taxpayers. So...we have the White House, Camp David, Delaware-Home and Beach house. Now we have a nearly half million $ fence around his vacation home and that's ok with some because Trump spent money going to HIS home in FL (see below). Liberal logic. I wonder what kind of home improvements WE paid for at Trump's home? I'm guessing -0- or the media would be all over it and the usual suspects on here would have had a 20 page thread going.

Presidential travel vs. personal home improvement. I'm not surprised that some on here can't differentiate on that (see fence primer below).

Trump trips to Florida? Yes...expensive. So...while we are typically off-topic now, what do you dis-tractors think we are paying to send Joe home what - so far - amounts to darn near every other weekend? It'll eventually come out and the usual suspects will - once again - show their keen ability to NOT process what happens in a cohesive and comprehensive matter. It will be comedic gold.

Oh...on the fence thing...again where liberal logic meets the face-plant. Fences provide security...they make the area INSIDE the fence easier to defend. Fences are rarely able to keep 100% of the people out of the area inside the fence...but like the silliness of locking your doors...they keep out the amateurs and make it easier to keep your place safe from the professionals. Beach-house...Air Force bases...borders...they work. Ask King O, he's got a great one too...Or check in with ole' Nance...she throws one up around the Capitol when she's feeling uneasy.

Lastly, you know you've gotten under certain people's skin when they attack the messenger and/or deflect with totally irrelevant "comparisons". They can't look at the issue or the facts because they can't rationalize how they "feel" about it.

1 member likes this: s003apr
P
Legend
Legend
P
Usually a messenger has an actual message. In this case you do not. So if this bothers you, why didn't an upgrade in the security system at Mar a Largo that cost nearly 600k bother you when your "crook" received it?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When you stop building a fence to protect your country so you can build a fence to protect your vacation home.. Joe Biden did that too

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Such little talk about taxpayer money funding - yet again -

That's the biggest pile of BS ever.... How much was spent on Trumps Golf Vacations.. Add it up.. Air Force One time, Secret Service time, Golf Cart Rental for SS Agents.. apartment/room Rent for agents at Trump facilities, Meals?

Add it up,,, Then see if it makes any sense to complain about Biden,,

All vacations for the Obamas added up to around $100 Million over 8 years... Trumps were over $100 million for 4 years... Saying anything about the Bidens costs is just dumb

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
TRUMP trump trump trump...
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP trump trump trump trump.

1 member likes this: jfanent
A
Legend
Legend
A
Still stuck on Trump I see. After 10 months. Hey, I've never seen you say what biden has done well.............all that comes out of your mouth is 'trump............" over, and over, and over.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP trump trump trump trump.

Sing along......(to the tune of "Mother In Law")

Joe Biden has the green light
What about Trump, trump-trump-trump-trump
To do whatever he might
What about Trump, trump-trump-trump-trump

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
rofl

T
Legend
Legend
T
Nobody did a fence like the communist block.
Nobody did a wall like the Chinese.

When the East Germans' came out of the communist dictatorship for the first taste of freedom! One of the biggest things they would say, they were so tired of the obvious lies. They were constantly forced to ascribe to what their eyes, ears, and senses showed them was obviously not true!
That's the communist way.
I don't want to live in North Korea, East Germany, Cuba, or any other communist terror filled state.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Nobody did a fence like the communist block.
Nobody did a wall like the Chinese.

When the East Germans' came out of the communist dictatorship for the first taste of freedom! One of the biggest things they would say, they were so tired of the obvious lies. They were constantly forced to ascribe to what their eyes, ears, and senses showed them was obviously not true!
That's the communist way.
I don't want to live in North Korea, East Germany, Cuba, or any other communist terror filled state.

um

1. 50% of the country wanted the wall.
2. Mexico was never a part of the USA.
3. the amount of people crossing the border is absolutely insane.
4. The people crossing the border illegally are taking away from resources that are needed for citizens and people in the process of becoming a citizen.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
More Than Half Of Republicans Believe Voter Fraud Claims And Most Still Support Trump, Poll Finds

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...upport-trump-poll-finds/?sh=79fe5cd1b3ff

A Majority Of Republican Voters Actively Want Trump To Run For President Again

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...y-want-trump-to-run-for-president-again/

As long as he controls the false narrative, as long as he's leading republicans around by the nose and as long as he keep running his mouth, you'll keep hearing about him. Your party still caters to him. They still support the nastiest human being to ever enter the White House. Deal, with the consequences.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Everybody has an opinion.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I gave you facts and statistics. Those aren't opinions.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think the point is that those "facts" have absolutely nothing to do with Joe's fence.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Still stuck on Trump I see. After 10 months.

Neither did that and you never uttered a peep. That's what I was responding to. When you bring up a fact nobody wishes to address it. I'll try again. Why is it nothing was said when the government spent 588k to upgrade security at Mar a Largo but an actual private home of Biden's is suddenly a big deal?

And this is a private resort, not a residence. It's a place where Trump doubled the amount of the membership from 100k to 200k when he became president. Once after he began running and then again after he began running to 150k and then up to 200k after he was elected. This was actually a business where Trump doubled his income on memberships and the taxpayers paid for the security for trump to make money. A lot of his time there was spent catering to his constituents and fundraising. Yet the same people who brought this up and are making a stink about it gave him a free pass on that one.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Well Trump's wall was to keep out criminals who have no respect for US law. Biden's wall is to make sure he doesn't wander off and get himself into too much trouble until Kamala can take over AFTER the Midterm Elections so that she can have a full 3 terms as President. Let's Go Brandon!!!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus A fence for me but not for thee

Link Copied to Clipboard