Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Despite any run by burrow for a td.
The bengals aren't in that position without the dumb qb to wr combo. The ability to get deep quick pass scores in less than 4 plays from the start of a drive.

The only, part of the bengals better than the browns is the conglomerate of cornerbacks,
their top 5.5-6 corners, are better than the browns top 5.5-6, if you include only corners and not safeties.

Playcalling matters, and that includes defensive playcalling.
agreed. It helps when you can get the ball back for your offense

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Love watching Baltimore lose.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I think it meant quite a bit.
There really could be an 11-6 team, on the seasons final day, still watching other teams to see if they get in the playoffs and another 11-6 team that does not get in, in the AFC this year. It may hinge on how well the #2 afc south team does, which likely would be the Colts.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Bengals are benefiting from not playing any AFC west games yet.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Love watching Baltimore lose.

Agree. But we just traded one problem for another.

The bengals are gonna be a huuuge problem. AFC north football is no freaking joke.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Spiritbro77
O
Legend
Legend
O
Nah, we'll beat the Bengals twice.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Why is the Chase to Burrow connection dumb?
Wasnt that the expectations for Mayfield and OBJ to be that lethal
Which hasnt happened yet?

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
When I told my wife today that the Bengals were playing the Ravens, she said, "So who are we rooting for?" I replied, "The meteor falling from the sky to land on the field..."

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
We root for whoever is on defense to pound the living turtles out of the other team. I want nothing good for either of them. My wife really has her hate on for any coach ending in Harbaugh. The way we have played, both of these could be trouble. I believe Keenum can play well against anybody. Would help if some of the walking wounded would cowboy up and contribute. Fingers crossed. Bungalows impressed me today.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Nah, we'll beat the Bengals twice.
I would not bet on it.

Last edited by Bird; 10/24/21 05:53 PM.
Legend
Legend
Bengals luck out next week: at NY Jets without wilson

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was laughing about him with my hockey buddies during the preseason but holy smokes is Chase the real deal.

Bengals seem to have a really stout front. A bunch of no-names just doing their jobs. I didn't see any special schemes at work. They didn't seem to allow Jackson to escape the pocket but it wasn't like they were hanging back and just trying to contain him either. Both Olines looked bad.

Cinci kinda followed the "Beat Balt Script". Get some early stops combined with early scores. Cinci was ahead by 2 scores when crunch time hit and that Balt offense did what it usually does in that situation.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It looked like the Bengals came up with some well.timed blitzes forcing Lamar to
Throw before the targets were ready.
It also helps if you can rush 4 and drop.7 vs the Ravens.
People slept on the Bengals this year. Now the experts are eating humble pie
Over the Chase /Sewell debate. Chase might be a top 5 WR now.
I.thought Sewell was way over rated at Oregon. Played in a offense with quick throws
And he faced lackluster competitors

Legend
Legend
About the midpoint of the 3rd quarter, the Bengals had a 10 point lead, after that their defense forced 2 punts and 3 turnovers on downs and their offense just pounded it down their throat... at about that same point in the game, we had a 9 point lead on the Chiefs and gave up 13 and we had a 14 point lead on the Chargers and gave up 34 more points. Credit to the Bengals, this was a "signature win".. something the Browns desperately need.... and while beating the Steelers would be nice and would mean a lot, it's not really a signature win... our first signature win could come against.... the Bengals.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Complementary football. It's paramount against top tier teams.

Something the Browns have lacked so far this season.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm most surprised with the Bengals defense. Momentum and confidence goes a long way in football.

And the truth is the Ravens aren't that good. Their 5-1 record should have actually been 2-4.

Wish we had a fully healthy team, but we won't be favored against the Bengals if Baker doesn't play.

As for Burrow, he is clearly limited physically. Very average arm. But he seems to understand what the defense is doing and just throws 8 yd lollipops all game to counter. Baker is physically superior but I can't remember the last time he recognized a blitz and did something to beat it. Baker just seems very confused after the snap if his first read is gone.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I think all the Jamarr Chase bashing from being the 5th overall pick to dropping balls in the preseson are pretty much history.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yep. Unfortunate for the Browns. Wish they had drafter Penei Sewell.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Rish... Joe Burrow may not have a cannon for arm, but does it matter?

Burrow was pushing the ball down the field today. Shortened up late in the game when they were killing clock, had a big lead and let Mixon control the game.

The second-year QB looked to push the ball downfield early and often, posting an 11.7 average depth of target and throwing just 36.8% of his passes short of the sticks.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-7-game-recap-cincinnati-bengals-41-baltimore-ravens-17

Legend
Legend
Chase is very impressive. He’s already a top 5-ish WR I think.

Adams, Diggs, Kupp are probably top 3 … then there are young guys like Lamb and Chase who are right there next

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Burrow put up 416 yards on the Ravens.

The Bengals are in first place. Burrow is the team leader.

Burrow has poise in the pocket even though he is not a mobile type. He slides to space and keeps his eyes downfield.
He is accurate.

I have seen enough of Burrow to know he can rally a team. IMO he is a damn good quarterback.

1 member likes this: Brown to the Bone
Legend
Legend
Agreed. And their protection really hasn’t been an issue. They are an all-around team with better QB/WR play than we do. Even Mixon is just a step below our RBs.

to beat them we really, really have to pound them with the run game, control the clock, and get a few timely TO’s

Legend
Legend
Only one thing to say about the Bengals,, They appear to be for REAL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Their Oline did NOT look good, IMO. I think Burrow is one of those QBs that can make up for some poor Oline play.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Arm strength is a over rated subject when talking about
QBs. How many QBs drafted high had great rocket arms
Only to be out of the league in 4 years.
Do Brees and Brady have great arms?
People forget Burrow just played his 16th NFL game.
In game 16 he roasted a Ravens defense that shut down
Justin Herbert. And he did it without relying on a running
Game.

Burrow checks more boxes than Baker. Anticipation, understanding
Coverages, etc

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Chase is very impressive. He’s already a top 5-ish WR I think.

Adams, Diggs, Kupp are probably top 3 … then there are young guys like Lamb and Chase who are right there next

Tyreek Hill?

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Yeah he’s definitely on the short list. My point was just that Chase is already up there with those select few

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Burrow is definitely an elite level QB in the making. One thing about him though - as we saw last year - is he takes some significant hits during the games. It feels like he's always just one play away from injury, wherein the bottom would fall out. Like Andrew Luck without the build.

Also, one thing to note, the Bengals defense kept their DEs very disciplined. They did not let Jackson get behind them. They collapsed the pocket and kept him in front. They gave up trying to sneak around for the sack in order to try and keep Jackson in the pocket. It was especially effective. The one time they got away from that was before the half when the Ravens had a touchdown drive. Went back to it in the second half and they really pulled away.

I don't know why other teams haven't picked up on that, especially us. It could be that there's a discipline issue and the DL gets too antsy to start going around or shooting gaps when they need to stay home.

Jackson also didn't get clobbered yesterday, but he took significantly more contact than he normally does.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Three weeks ago it was Mahomes and Stafford, two weeks ago Herbert, now this week Burrow…The media goes crazy for “elite “ QBs with big statistical games.
I define elite however by wins and losses as well
Someone let me know when Burrow goes to the playoffs and, for that matter, wins a playoff game on the road. Like our bashed Qb did just a short year ago.

Last edited by Westy15; 10/25/21 01:16 PM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Their Oline did NOT look good, IMO. I think Burrow is one of those QBs that can make up for some poor Oline play.

Doesn't matter. Woods will rely on front 4 pressure and Burrow will pick us apart for 350yds and 4 TDs. Unless our Defense steps up against quality teams, we are in a world of trouble

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Only one thing to say about the Bengals,, They appear to be for REAL

How much of that has to do with their receivers abilities' to track the ball in the air?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
That’s what you get when you choose a WR within the first 5 picks of the draft.
Who on our team are you comparing him to? Let me guess, our mid round pick WR you love to bag on… Imagine that, the top WR in the draft is out performing our 3rd round pick. Who’s have thought it?!
Here’s a question THROW. Who on our team, taken in the first 5 picks would you be willing to give up to have taken a top WR like Chase? Would it be Myles? Or Baker? I guess in hindsight Ward, as he’s been injury prone. Which wasn’t an issue as a Buckeye. That I recall. As a side note, when healthy as a rookie he played at a Pro Bowl level.
So where were we to grab a JaMarr Chase type WR? Or are you just posting to bag on Schwartz again?
I think I know the answer.

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 10/25/21 03:46 PM.

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
Legend
Legend
No doubt elite of the week.

Mahomes walked on water. Oh wait he throws int's as good as others.

Next - Lamar MVP the game changer. Wait he didn't change that game.

Herbert is the new elite. Ouch they scored 6 against the Ravens.

Wait Burrow put up 41 on the Ravens. He must be elite.

Flavor of the week.

O
Legend
Legend
O
All I care about is how the Browns are going to stop them when we see them. I don't see our secondary being anything more than a speed bump for either of those QBs.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
True.

They have weapons. Pressure. It all starts there. That is where Berry spent the money.

There and corners. Our defense is capable. But it will be a serious challenge.

I respect Burrow. He really impressed me his first year. I like his mental make-up.

Mixon runs hard. Our DL will have their hands full.

I was thinking before the season began that the Bengals would be a problem.

They took a big risk drafting a receiver over a OT. We may have to make them pay for that decision.

End the end for us it will be all about the pass rush.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Joe Burrow had a great game, but he took at least 6-7 hard shots from his blind side yesterday. Justin Houston and (I believe) Calais Campbell gave Bengals LT Jonah Williams fits all day. Houston and Campbell are good, but they aren't Myles Garrett-good. Myles could - and should - be a game changer when we play Cinci, because their LT is just not that good. I don't wish injury on Burrow, but I'll be surprised if he lasts the season without a significant injury. The Bengals took a calculated risk when they chose Ja'Marr Chase in the 1st round instead of OL help, and it looks good for them right now, but that might change before season's end.

Dave #1896622 10/25/21 07:55 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
You forget: Holding Myles is legal.

2 members like this: dawglover05, FORTBROWNFAN
Dave #1896635 10/25/21 11:04 PM
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by Dave
Joe Burrow had a great game, but he took at least 6-7 hard shots from his blind side yesterday. Justin Houston and (I believe) Calais Campbell gave Bengals LT Jonah Williams fits all day. Houston and Campbell are good, but they aren't Myles Garrett-good. Myles could - and should - be a game changer when we play Cinci, because their LT is just not that good. I don't wish injury on Burrow, but I'll be surprised if he lasts the season without a significant injury. The Bengals took a calculated risk when they chose Ja'Marr Chase in the 1st round instead of OL help, and it looks good for them right now, but that might change before season's end.
JaMarr Chase impacts that offense more.than Sewell. Chase is a gamechanger.
If the Bengals drafted Sewell they are a 2-5 team at best.he is struggling in Detroit
Watching the game it looked like the Bengals LT settled in after a couple series vs Houston.
The Browns CBers will.have to really stick on.the Bengals WRs in order for Myles to get to.Burrow
Marlon Humphrey looked like a practice squad CB vs Chase.and Marlon is a All.Pro

Dave #1896649 10/26/21 07:47 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dave

It might. Just as we have a good Oline but our QB got banged up because our good Oline got banged up..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
SMH & SMH

Sad to acknowledge that now a solid game plan has to account for NFL officials, especially in 4th quarter. Our game complexion is totally different if the holding gets called even partially. BUT! Let's move them around more, press more, blitz more. Is Woods helping the elite or are they helping him. We can't carry his D and squander their ability.

Wait! Well, we can. Our upside runs through the Woods. Hope we survive. Ski needs to ramp this up some. Ratbirds looked like our "bad" D against Cincitucky.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Broncos 14 Ravens vs Bengals

Link Copied to Clipboard