OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I've never signed up for Facebook and never really understood it's point. If I want to talk to family or friends just call or text them. Text me the pic if that's important.

Sounds like it's mainly a place where people get worked up by their news feeds based on Facebook's algorithms that are intentionally designed to do just that.

What a freak....

Last edited by Milk Man; 10/28/21 04:58 PM.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I find it's for the less important stuff. Easy way to share things with a bunch of friends. I've also been able to connect with people I though I'd never hear from again. The main reason I am on there is for the groups. I found one group that was for a tv show I watched back in the 90's. I thought it was just a fan group at first. The group has people that worked on the show. Actors, writers, crew that worked on the set, etc. It's been cool to talk with those people. A second group is for aviation photography. The person running the group has done an outstanding job building it and creating good relationships with the local airports and museums. We've been able to get special access at some events. Also get to talk with pilots and airshow performers. I've made some friends through that group.

Like most things, the negatives are what you hear about the most and facebook does have a bunch and they seem unwilling to try and fix it. It's definitely hard to avoid the politics. I wish they would create a politics filter so people can avoid it all together. It's not a great tool, but I get benefit out of it for what it is.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
Legend
M
No doubt there are people to re-connect with, share family photos, etc. I guess I don't really care about seeing photos of my cousin in CA taking her kids skiing or a picture of what my aunt had for dinner on vacation. We get it, you're living life, great! Just shoot me a text if that's important (I feel like George Carlin on receiving Christmas cards of family photos). Maybe I'm just a horrible person.. tongue

By and large, it seems the negatives far outweigh the positives. Facebook is clearly manipulating peoples behavior and most do not realize it.

Disclaimer ***I do not fault people for being on Facebook*** just a general observation.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a great way to connect with old high school buddies, distant family and just people you used to hang around with. I also like some of the groups that are connected with musicians, bands, cars and the like. All of that in one spot is nice. Sure FB can be used in a confrontational manner of one chooses to do so. But that's certainly by choice and not needed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I go on facebook mostly for family as well. I use twitter for more news stuff

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
For me, it's important to limit the amount of Facebook coming AT me. I took the app off my phone, but can quickly log in via my phone's browser. IMO, not allowing my phone to ding with notifications from the app is the only way I can actually enjoy the service.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, I would never install the FB app on my phone.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Facebook changes its name to Meta in major rebrand

Link Copied to Clipboard