Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I believe their kicker was hit in bounds.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I believe their kicker was hit in bounds.

And straight in the face well after the three the ball.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well if hitting the passer in the face was a penalty there were a few more flags that should have been thrown as well.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Well if hitting the passer in the face was a penalty there were a few more flags that should have been thrown as well.

So what you’re saying is the refs sucks? If so, I agree.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Where is Eotabs " what I saw " thread
Does he only post it when the Browns win?
Or did he.sell.the rights to it , to Versatile Dawg or Overtoad?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm saying they missed some calls. I actually thought this was a better reffed game than most, they didn't make game changing calls at unbearable times.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I'm saying they missed some calls. I actually thought this was a better reffed game than most, they didn't make game changing calls at unbearable times.

Unless you are Pittsburgh and your kicker got murdered and you got nothing to show for it.

Legend
Legend
A real man would have shaken it off and flipped off the bench like Gardocki did to the steelers. grin That hit from Porter looked a lot worse.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Unless you are Pittsburgh and your kicker got murdered and you got nothing to show for it.
How many times are you going to say this? lol Kicker standing there forever like he's "buying time". Yeah, he got rocked. This is the big boy league, he's out there patting the ball like he's playing all time QB for the neighborhood kids in his back yard.

Here's an idea: kick the FG if you don't want your panzy kicker seeing stars.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: jfanent, WSU Willie, THROW LONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by cfrs15

How many times are you going to say this? lol Kicker standing there forever like he's "buying time". Yeah, he got rocked. This is the big boy league, he's out there patting the ball like he's playing all time QB for the neighborhood kids in his back yard.

Here's an idea: kick the FG if you don't want your panzy kicker seeing stars.

A lot of times.

1. I think it’s hilarious that Tomlin went for the fake and all the crazy stuff that happened afterward.
2. People on here complain about missed calls by the refs and that the league is against us etc. The refs blew a very obvious call that hurt our opponent greatly and no one seems to notice the hypocrisy. The refs aren’t for or against a team. They just suck.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Gotta love a post that mentions the phrase "all time quarterback"

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
That wasn't a blown or bad call, as I figure the punter dude still had the ball in his hands, and was in bounds, at the instant that Jordan Elliot hit him to knock him out of bounds. That is tackling a player holding the ball, and no foul should be called.
Now if my eyes missed something, and he threw the ball way before he got pummelled, then it's just the speed of the game.
Why would I care about any Pittsburgh player, I hope their franchise folds for mismanagement.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
That clip of Andrew Billings is a comedy routine

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Rewatching the clip it doesn't look like a bad hit. I think the kicker got more hurt when his head hit the ground.

He was hit the the field of play as he was releasing the ball, he was hit in the chest by the Elliot's hands and went flying to the boundary.

You can see it how you see it but I believe it was actually a good no call.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Dude. The Browns player hit him square in the face with the crown of his helmet.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think you can see his helmet pushed up his face before he hits the ground.

Yikes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Show us the tape from the completely opposite angle...the hit is NOT from the crown of the helmet...it's facemask to facemask...which is why they wear a...well...facemask.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Show us the tape from the completely opposite angle...the hit is NOT from the crown of the helmet...it's facemask to facemask...which is why they wear a...well...facemask.

This is ridiculous and I'm done.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm confused... are you saying that it's not helmet to helmet and caused a concussion because he hit with the wire facemask instead of helmet itself? Are you saying hit with/in the facemask aren't dangerous like with the helmet?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I'm confused... are you saying that it's not helmet to helmet and caused a concussion because he hit with the wire facemask instead of helmet itself? Are you saying hit with/in the facemask aren't dangerous like with the helmet?

Re-watch the hit and look how his head hits the ground...it's nasty. I'm saying that IN THIS CASE the hit didn't cause the concussion...but the way his head hit the ground did. The other angle of the entire play also shows an even nastier take on how his head hit the ground.

Brown fans should be a lot more "concerned" about the hit on Baker where he was already out-of-bounds.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Penalty flags aren't (well, shouldn't) be thrown depending on if the guy was concussed on the hit or when he hit the ground. It's clearly helmet-to-helmet and should've been flagged. Another example of the refs missing a call.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Situationally on defense we were awful again. Can't get off the field when it matters most.
Gotta disagree. In the 4th quarter the defense had only given up 15 points, we were down by 5, we had a good drive going that was stopped by a fumble, the defense forced a punt in 5 plays and only 1:42 run off the clock to get the ball back with 4:30 left on the clock and gave the offense yet another chance. That chance was squashed by dropped passes and jumping off-sides. That was the one defensive stand that mattered the most, they met the challenge and the offense let them down.

It's the reverse of the Chargers game where the offense played really well, we had a 14 point lead early in the 3rd and our defense gave up 35 points in a quarter and a half (5 TDs out of 6 possessions for the Chargers) 3 of the drives were less than 2 minutes... and people were mad that the offense couldn't just keep scoring on every possession.

It's like we get pretty good offense or pretty good defense, but we never get both in the same game.

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: AZBrown, PitDAWG
T
Legend
Legend
T
The first thing to hit was Elliots hands into the punters chest, any later head touching between them was incidental.
Elliott barged towards him, and took his hands and bench pressed him out of bounds, which is not flagable, if he's still holding the ball and a runner, in the field of play. The fact the punter landed badly out of bounds, was unfortunate, but I think Elliot avoided hitting him head first, like Elliot is supposed to, therefore It's not something that should be flagged.

It's pretty wrong of the steelers to put a player in that position, holding the ball and doing nothing with it and waiting to get hit, like he did.
Hands first, driven into his chest, which bench pressed him out of bounds, and apparently he landed terribly.

1 member likes this: FATE
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Penalty flags aren't (well, shouldn't) be thrown depending on if the guy was concussed on the hit or when he hit the ground. It's clearly helmet-to-helmet and should've been flagged. Another example of the refs missing a call.

I wasn't debating whether there was a penalty - until now anyway. I was commenting that the hit was far less devastating to the Kicker than was the ground.

That said, Sean Holculi (Ref) said post-game his crew did not see a flag-able offense on the hit. Not that what a ref says about his call means a whole lot. I did not think it was a flag-able hit, but I am certainly biased. Especially when we play the league-best at cheap shots. Others may think it was a flag-able hit.

THROW made a great point above (somehow) that Elliot shoved the guy first and before facemask contact...and I'll add that that shove was good for about about 6 yards in the air. That wasn't from their facemasks colliding.

We lost a great chance at going to the AFC Championship last year on a much, much worse hit. It's a rule that is as poorly applied as is offensive holding.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought we were debating if a flag should've been thrown. I'm with you when you mention the cheap-shot deficit we have with the Steelers. IMO, we inched that mark a little closer to center with the hit in the video.

I'm a big proponent of NOT throwing flags just because someone got hit hard. In the video, I see his face out in front and made some sort of contact with the kicker's helmet. You can see after initial contact that the kicker's facemask was pushed up his face (like the hilarious Aaron Rodgers that's been making the rounds), which tells me that helmet2helmet contact was significant.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
Legend
From the video it appears he had his head up and dipped it at the last possible second, which to me would indicate that it could have been a penalty. Just seeing it live, I was really surprised they didn't throw a flag because:

1. it's the Steelers
2. it's the kicker
3. it looked extremely violent

Usually that's more than enough.

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I re-watched Q4 yesterday...because I love to punish myself.

When Baker was cheap-shotted by that turd Haden...Baker landed at the feet of Garrett and McDowell at the bench....neither one of those guys got off their butts to help and or hype. No one on the sideline got in Haden's face...as a matter of fact...one of our guys exchanged 'fives' with Haden.

We are still soft.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You could call it soft or you could call it no cohesion and a lack of teamwork and enthusiasm among the players. Maybe there's a possibility there are rifts within the team. I'm not trying to dismiss your thoughts on the topic just trying to show there are other possibilities. When a team is winning everyone is happy. When it looks like the wheels are starting to falling off things can go sideways quickly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Steelers 15 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard