Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
Jarvis and OBJ were pretty much useless today..

Schwartz was as productive today as he would have been on the Practic Squad! zero.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Jcamm
Could be worse we could have Wentz

Uhh....? I'm not sure that's the insult you think it is. Wentz isn't playing terrible these days.

Legend
Legend
One thing I don’t like is how late we seem to get Njoku going.

I like hooper and Bryant, but Chief is our most talented TE.

Baker doesn’t even bother targeting OBJ. It’s like we don’t even use him as a threat. And we can’t blame OBJ because Landry had two crucial drops and a fumble.

Baker had maybe two off target throws. And because I saw so many passes where he literally laser it in, i don’t think baker is all that limited in his throwing.

Which all leads back to Stefanski.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
at least we dont have to hear anyone nationally talking about the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Jcamm
Could be worse we could have Wentz

You could have Tight End Zach Ertz !!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Mayfield can get the ball in the area of the WR, but I don't think he consistently has the touch to place it where the WR can catch it without a ton of effort on a consistent basis.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Westy15
Baker doesn’t even look to get him the ball!
He should be featured in the game plan unless he’s playing hurt
It used to be last year that he was trying to force him the ball. Now he’s not hardly targeted..
$15 mil a year to be a decoy I guess..?

Pretty obvious they do not trust him to carry that load, or to be counted on as a 'feature' in the game plan. We are a run first team, where does OBJ factor into that equation as 'featured'?

When we brought him in, they had Baker slinging the ball. Last year that all changed under ski.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 04:30 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by 85_Browns_Queen
We're just not that good. Most overhyped overrated team in the league by far. Oh well.
Who was it that over hyped us?

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Go Carson Go

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Swish

Baker doesn’t even bother targeting OBJ. It’s like we don’t even use him as a threat. And we can’t blame OBJ because Landry had two crucial drops and a fumble.

Baker had maybe two off target throws. And because I saw so many passes where he literally laser it in, i don’t think baker is all that limited in his throwing.

I agree. Baker is the best option but he always takes all the blame. I don't know why with him it's all his fault but most other QBs don't take the blame in these circumstances when clearly it's elsewhere

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
O
Legend
Legend
O

Baker spreads the ball around just like he should. WTH has OBJ done here to earn ANY benefit of doubt? But you are right about Landry And Higgins missed some easy catches too! Watched every pass today, and Mayfield was not the problem. Ski was also not why we lost... he was part of the issue but not enough to put the loss on him. Woods letting them drive down and score after the half, right after out TD... you need to make that stop. So WRs, Woods, Ski, and injuries (mostly this) lost us the game.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 04:36 PM.

1 member likes this: Moxdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have zero faith that this defense can stop any team on 3rd (or 4th!) down, regardless of how many yard they’re defending, particularly in clutch moments. They look good against teams actively self destructing but if the opponent isn’t currently dropping the ball (pun intended), I don’t believe the Browns can exact their will on anyone in clutch moments. Sure, the points might be kept down sufficiently but when you need momentum stops, we got nuthin’.

Conversely, I have zero faith that this offense can convert 3rd and 4th downs in clutch moments. They’ve been hot at times, we know they have all the pieces but right now they just can’t put it together when we need it.

That’s a pretty awful combination. I just don’t believe in them and what’s worse, I really wonder if they believe in themselves. Right now this team is the most embarrassing and disappointing Browns team I can remember. The delta between potential on paper and reality on the field has never been wider. They’re just a mess.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Mayfield can get the ball in the area of the WR, but I don't think he consistently has the touch to place it where the WR can catch it without a ton of effort on a consistent basis.
Did you see the beautiful pass that was where you want and Landry fumbled.. he also could have caught the last one

D
Legend
Legend
D
Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

2 members like this: FATE, Homewood Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Baker spreads the ball around just like he should. WTH has OBJ done here to earn ANY benefit of doubt? But you are right about Landry And Higgins missed some easy catches too! Watched every pass today, and Mayfield was not the problem.
but he'll take all the blame in the media

All Pro
All Pro
Pittsburgh is not good at all.
Browns YOU SUCKED TODAY.
Landry..YOU SUCKED worst of all.
No more strong messages to the fans please.
The fans in the stands SUCKED today.
Right back were we started. Yay?

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Before the season started I didn't think we would be in the basement of the AFC North but that is where we are. Injuries have killed this season. Baker, Chubb, and OBJ are not 100%. Browns are the most disappointing team in the NFL. They have too much talent to be a last place team. Like I said, injuries have ruined the season. They could still make the playoffs but it's going to be really tough!

1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Moxdawg
Did you see the beautiful pass that was where you want and Landry fumbled.. he also could have caught the last one

Fair. But how often does Landry fumble?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes, making the playoffs could be really tough, but other teams will have their issues too, so we are far from out of it. But this one hurt. I'm beginning to think we will be playing for a wild card and that loss to KC is going to end up being a tie breaker that we lose. But if it gets to that point, Woods deserves to sit on his ass during the playoffs.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 04:42 PM.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Anyone know our Defensive 3rd and 4th down stop percentages? Has to be close to the worst in thw league.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
I put this game squarely on the shoulders of Stefanksi and his lack of an offensive game plan. It’s like he didn’t know what to do once they contained Chubb.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Moxdawg

Fair. But how often does Landry fumble?

He's still hurt. The line is hurt, the backs are hurt, the QB is hurt, and the WRs are hurt. I figure we can have one more loss before it gets super tough to even sniff the playoffs. Losses against KC and LAC are going to kill us in any tiebreakers. After another loss, we will be hoping for injuries, miscues, weaker opponents winning against the best teams... not how I saw this year going.

R
Legend
Legend
R
My favorite part of the D only giving up 15 pts is when the Browns went up 10-3, the defense gave up the momentum right back to the Steelers.

Yay, they only gave up 15 pts!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I put this game squarely on the shoulders of Stefanksi and his lack of an offensive game plan. It’s like he didn’t know what to do once they contained Chubb.

The shine is off Stefanski.

Give me Buffalo's O and QB any day of the week. It's all on Allen and that seems to be ok.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Today, under these circumstances, 15 points was unacceptable.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Browns sucked

Officiating sucked

I was hoping we might be entering a time where we could consistently beat Pittsburgh.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/C:

Vice Grips, baby!
Heart and soul of the team, baby!

Let's Goooooooooo!

The hype this guy gets by the Browns community (fans, writers, etc) continues to astound me.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Give me Buffalo's O and QB any day of the week. It's all on Allen and that seems to be ok.

Did you get your profile setup on the Bills fan site yet?

Legend
Legend
Guys were 4-4 and the bengals just lost. The season isn’t over. I don’t like being back in the basement, but it’s not anywhere close to being over.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Right, and being in the basement at 500 and only a game out of the lead with nine more games to go is not so bad compared to past years.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Did you get your profile setup on the Bills fan site yet?

Not yet. Still figuring out a clever username.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Analytics lost that game today, among other things, including playcalling, and effort in the 2nd quarter.

If the Browns play like that, I don't know if there are any other teams in the NFL they can beat. I mean, they could potentially put up a loss against all 31 other teams, if they are as uncoordinated, and non complimentary, and allow analytics, and overthinking to inhibit their effort.

Unfortunatly, the Browns are (non mathematically) eliminated.
UNLESS WHAT! Unless they win the other 5 division games??? (Oh that's gonna happen)

R
Legend
Legend
R
My favorite part of the D only giving up 15 pts is when the Browns went up 10-3, the defense gave up the momentum right back to the Steelers.

My second favorite part of the game was Stefanski not going for it on 4th and 1 the following drive. Make up your mind bro. You aggressive or not. And he always elects to punt when his defense has shown no signs of stopping the opposing O.

Let me guess, you gotta do better?

Throw that coach of the year award in the trash.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Guys were 4-4 and the bengals just lost. The season isn’t over. I don’t like being back in the basement, but it’s not anywhere close to being over.

Bengals with drop 50 on this D next week

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
You can’t win in today’s nfl with the neutered stepfanski offense, even with Chubb and hunt. Cut mayfield and start case if you’re never going to throw downfield.

There’s a reason no one runs the 85 Broncos offense

Last edited by Baker_Dawg; 10/31/21 05:01 PM.
1 member likes this: FATE
1st String
1st String

I'm not doom and gloom but I'm just not excited about our team anymore. We are a below average team right now. We are exactly what our record says.

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

My second favorite part of the game was Stefanski not going for it on 4th and 1 the following drive. Make up your mind bro. You aggressive or not. And he always elects to punt when his defense has shown no signs of stopping the opposing O.

Let me guess, you gotta do better?

Throw that coach of the year award in the trash.
I honestly thought we should have gone for it. And I still can't believe we didn't get the other 4 th down

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I know he has an injury and all, but I think Baker has plateaued. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I see the ceiling increasing on this guy and I was one of his biggest supporters. It looks as though his performance early on in his career set a trajectory that has not been met. Not sure it will be.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns is the Browns.

We once again lost because of the person who was seemingly our hero (Jarvis today).

We once again were hindered severely by the Refs. (The go ahead TD the ball was moving and hit the ground as he landed, the punt I'm not sure if it should've been a fumble cuz they didn't replay it, anyone know?)

We once again were out coached by Tomlin. I hate the guy so much but he really does make the difference in these close games. Stefanski had some supremely terrible calls again, but we still probably win if not for Browns curse.

I'm so numb. I miss even being able to get angry.

L
Legend
Legend
L
The Squealers mostly shut down our run game.
The Stools had luck on their side with that TD pass in the back of the end zone in the fourth.

Baker played with guts today, threw the ball well but he’s gonna have to work on his touch, needs to bring more finesse to his arm talent. Has a few of his passes dropped, two by D’Ernest, iirc.

The pittspuke defender made a nice play to knock the call from Landry on the 4th and 12 play. I think it was Minkah.

Gotta credit the Steelborn’s (I made up a new word for them today) defence overall, but we’ve got to cut down on the penalties, and that needs to be a point of emphasis. Too many negative plays today.

Why was there no late hit penalty on the hit on Baker when he was out of bounds? Are the refs stupid or somethin’?

Oh well, tough loss but it’s on to Cincinnati.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Steelers 15 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard