Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm glad the Braves won, I don't know who, any of those people are. I guess it never leaves, I was so happy the Braves won in 1995, by the middle of 2002 I just never watched baseball again. It was biased, and the team was dismantled.
Tonight I watced about 6 minutes of the game, and about the same of the trophe ceremony, but I'm done, still, there is a feeling of joy that if I had one baseball team, it certainly would be the Braves. (I wonder if they did it this time, like they did it last time, by getting the most out of everyone, even the role players.) But mostly I don't care, I've never missed baseball after giving it up. It was so easy, and so much less worrisome. Just so glad another season is over!
I celebrate the end of baseball season, and basketball season a little bit, each year. \0/
I can't believe it. The Braves won it all and I'm so happy! The 1995 team was the first time my favorite team won in my life. My first championship. And now the Braves did it again, all these years later.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Braves fan forever here.

Atlanta Braves 2021 MLB World Champions!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Nice win for the Bravo's! At mid season it wasn't looking very good. It would have been easy to play for next year, but a lot of credit goes to GM Alex, however you spell it, and manager Snitker for making some bold moves after Acuna went down to bring in a few players and keeping the guys focused on 1 game at a time. You can always win 1 game at a time.

A season to remember for Braves fans and all fans for that matter when your team is under .500 at the all-star break and you're ready to toss in the towel.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Congrats to the Braves (and bone)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Baseball today is so driven by analytics.

The Braves winning the World Series was improbable on so many levels.

Under 500 in August. Lost three of the their best players Acuna (MVP candidate), Azuna (almost won the triple crown last year),
Soroka(Ace pitcher tore his achilles a second time done for the year. Charlie Morton breaks his leg in the Series. Soler(series MVP) missed the NLCS with Covid.

Brian Snitker a 66 year old manager who managed in the minors till 2018. 46 years in the minors is a World Champion today.

Going into the post season the Braves won 88 games. The lowest win total of all the teams in the post season. They had the longest odds to win the Series.

They were underdogs to the Brewers. Beat them 3-1.

Heavy underdogs to the Dodgers. Beat them 4-2.

Underdogs to the Astros. Beat them 4-2.

All the sportscasters picked against the Braves except one Tim Kirkjian picked the Braves in six.

Drinking coffee this morning and enjoying it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum MLB Playoffs

Link Copied to Clipboard