Legend
Legend
M
Dumb and avoidable.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Just terrible

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruggs will be going up the river for a long time.

Prayers out to the victim's family.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I heard about this. But, man, he must've been MOVING. To cause that much damage? I have no idea what the speed limits are there, of course. Just a terrible thing.

Legend
Legend
The details of the accident are pretty gruesome

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
I knew he had to be going at least 120 to create that kind of damage in a rear collision, but 156?? Damn.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
No surprise.

Raiders release receiver Henry Ruggs III following fatal car accident and pending felony DUI charges - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...accident-and-pending-felony-dui-charges/

Henry Ruggs III will be charged with DUI resulting in death and reckless driving resulting in death or serious bodily harm after being involved in the fatal car accident Tuesday in Las Vegas around 3:40 a.m., according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and court records obtained by The Athletic. The Raiders announced they had released the receiver late Tuesday night. If Ruggs is convicted, the first charge has a sentence ranging from two to 20 years while the second charge ranges from one to six years, per The Athletic.

Upon arriving at the scene, fire department personnel discovered a deceased victim, a 23-year-old woman, inside the car that was not being driven by Ruggs. Ruggs and his girlfriend, Kiara Kilgo-Washington, were transported to the University Medical Center for "serious," injuries. In the police statement, Ruggs was said to have non-life-threatening injuries, and has since been released from the hospital.

The deceased victim was inside a Toyota Rav4, while Ruggs was driving a Chevrolet Corvette. Preliminary investigation revealed that the front of the Chevrolet collided with the rear of the Toyota. Ruggs showed signs of impairment, according to Las Vegas police. The collision took place near the intersection of South Rainbow Boulevard and South Spring Valley Parkway. The investigation is ongoing.

Prosecutor Eric Bauman said Wednesday that Ruggs was traveling at 156 miles per hour about 2 seconds before the fatal crash, with a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit. A loaded gun was also found in Ruggs' car, Bauman said.

The 12th overall pick in the 2020 draft, Ruggs has 24 receptions for 469 yards and two touchdowns this season. In 13 games last season, Ruggs caught 26 passes for 452 yards and two touchdowns. During his three years at Alabama, Ruggs caught 98 passes for 1,716 yards and 24 touchdowns while averaging 17.5 yards per catch.

Prior to releasing Ruggs late Tuesday night, the Raiders released a statement: "The Raiders are aware of an accident involving Henry Ruggs III that occurred this morning in Las Vegas. We are devastated by the loss of life and our thoughts and prayers go out to the victim's family. We are in the process of gathering information and will have no further comment at this time."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Geshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 156 miles an hour is mind boggling especially when someone that is achieving that is drunk.

A
Legend
Legend
A
He's in a lot of trouble, no doubt. 156 mph? While drunk? AND killing someone?

O
Legend
Legend
O
and a gun... you know, just in case all that other stuff wasn't enough.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by oobernoober
and a gun... you know, just in case all that other stuff wasn't enough.
Correct. I forgot that part. And he tested at .161, about 2 hours AFTER. A body generally eliminates .02 per hour. So, he could've been at a BAC of 2.01.

Legend
Legend
Just incredibly bad judgment and consequences

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Just incredibly bad judgment and consequences

Drunk people don't made good decisions.

I feel badly for the young lady and her family, and I feel bad for Ruggs and his family.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 11/04/21 06:39 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Bad decisions of a 22yo taking and ruining lives, including his own.
Hopefully other young men will learn from this.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That’s the hope in a bad situation

Legend
Legend
When I first heard about this I didn't have a lot of facts and I was hoping that it was really just something unfortunate that happened, then the details started coming out... and it was much worse than I imagined.. the BAC, the speed in an urban area. It's a shame.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I have a friend who was involved in an accident that ended up killing the other person (no alcohol and he wasn’t at fault) but it still haunts him. I can’t imagine being Ruggs.

B
Legend
Legend
B
All of this points to making your decisions before you go out on the town. That is when you can make good decisions.

If you are stopping after work to have a couple of drinks with people from the office, that is one thing. If you are starting your night at 8PM with the intent of having a night on the town, that is another.

Planning your transportation is just a part of the night on the town. Once you have driven there, it's rare a drunk person is going to make the decision to leave the car there or sleep in the car. It just doesn't happen.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Definitely understand what you're saying, but if you're found intoxicated, sleeping in your car, you get a DUI in Ohio.

Doesn't make much sense, but then again, most of Ohio's liquor laws were obviously approved or denied by a magic eight ball.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FATE
Definitely understand what you're saying, but if you're found intoxicated, sleeping in your car, you get a DUI in Ohio.

Doesn't make much sense, but then again, most of Ohio's liquor laws were obviously approved or denied by a magic eight ball.

You can anywhere if the officer has probable cause to think you were operating the vehicle while drunk, so no, you can't be found in say a 7-11 parking lot or at a drive thru window.

If you are in a bar parking lot sleeping it off, I doubt you get charged. I doubt you can be charged. I wouldn't have the motor running, and would probably get in the back seat just to be safe.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You can anywhere if the officer has probable cause to think you were operating the vehicle while drunk, so no, you can't be found in say a 7-11 parking lot or at a drive thru window.

If you are in a bar parking lot sleeping it off, I doubt you get charged. I doubt you can be charged. I wouldn't have the motor running, and would probably get in the back seat just to be safe.
That's the way it should work, but unfortunately not the way it does work. You can be charged (in all fifty states, I believe) and you will be charged. Probable cause is a simple "I believe he/she intended to operate the motor vehicle" statement from the officer.

You'll also be charged with "Physical Control of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired", since the car wasn't running... as long as the keys are in the vehicle. One or both of these charges will stick. Meanwhile, the BMV will immediately suspend your license, so you'll have to deal with that regardless of what happens later in the courtroom.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

That's the way it should work, but unfortunately not the way it does work. You can be charged (in all fifty states, I believe) and you will be charged. Probable cause is a simple "I believe he/she intended to operate the motor vehicle" statement from the officer.

You'll also be charged with "Physical Control of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired", since the car wasn't running... as long as the keys are in the vehicle. One or both of these charges will stick. Meanwhile, the BMV will immediately suspend your license, so you'll have to deal with that regardless of what happens later in the courtroom.

A quick Google search took me to an attorney's website (from NY if that matters) it said that if you are in the backseat and the keys are with you and nowhere near the ignition, you should be fine.

Regardless, I have to believe that if you are sleeping in your car in the parking lot outside the bar in which you were drinking so you didn't have to drive, you are going to get leniency in the DUI sentencing... if you are driving, you are going to get a more severe penalty.... if you are driving 150 mph and hit somebody, then all bets are off.

https://www.jdmattorney.com/sleeping-it-off-can-i-get-into-trouble-for-sleeping-drunk-in-my.html

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's cost a lot of people a lot of money based on what it felt they "have to believe". The fact is it shouldn't be a DUI if you're found sleeping instead of driving drunk in your car. And you can bet if a lawyer has this posted on their web site or said it publicly it pretty much means, "I can get you off for doing that if you pay me a few of grand".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
DUI related....

Ohio State quarterback Jack Miller III charged with OVI, suspended from team

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX) — The Ohio State University said redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Miller III was arrested by the Ohio State Highway Patrol and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired.

OSHP said he was arrested at North Fourth Street at 15th Avenue.

The citation shows the traffic stop occurred at 1:28 a.m. on Nov. 5. Miller refused to be tested and was cited for OVI and a marked lanes violation

Miller was released from custody and issued a summons to appear in court for the OVI charge, Ohio State said.

Miller has been suspended from the team, the university said.

Miller is from Scottsdale, Arizona, and enrolled at Ohio State in January 2020.

He has played in four games this season and has completed 7 of 14 passes for 101 yards.

https://dayton247now.com/sports/ohi...5WqwbTZel2mPH8aHxj25dGCM-oEFX1XrDk3lyNRA

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
why does it seem that in DUI accidents, the drunk driver walks away basically unhurt, but whoever gets plowed into dies???? In this case the girl was burned alive, witnesses tried to pull her out but she was stuck and the heat became too much to overcome. Those vettes must have one heck of a crash rating

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by boofers20
why does it seem that in DUI accidents, the drunk driver walks away basically unhurt, but whoever gets plowed into dies???? In this case the girl was burned alive, witnesses tried to pull her out but she was stuck and the heat became too much to overcome. Those vettes must have one heck of a crash rating
Can't say this for sure but I would guess two reasons.. 1 is that force is mass times acceleration, meaning that in a crash, the car that's going the fastest exerts far more force on the other car... and it's usually the drunk that is speeding. 2 is that drunk people are less aware, probably more relaxed and don't tense up as much as sober people do when they sense or feel impact and a relaxed body will give more.

Just my totally unresearched opinion.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's cost a lot of people a lot of money based on what it felt they "have to believe". The fact is it shouldn't be a DUI if you're found sleeping instead of driving drunk in your car.
Generally agree but what if you are found sleeping along the side of the road and the only way you could have gotten there is to drive? Sure, you made one good decision that you couldn't drive and pulled over... but you made a bad decision to drive in the first place so.... I would agree, as I stated above, that the good decision should at least be considered in the seriousness of the punishment.

Should you be punished for having a handgun in your glove compartment if you don't have a carry permit? It's harmless in the glove compartment, just like your car is harmless with you sleeping in it. It doesn't become a problem until you decide to use it....

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
like the new profile pick DC. thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Thanks. About 20 seconds after the pic was taken I said something about immigration and he hit me with a chair.. but it's all good now. rofl

yebat' Putin
3 members like this: TTTDawg, PitDAWG, oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Thanks. About 20 seconds after the pic was taken I said something about immigration and he hit me with a chair.. but it's all good now. rofl

I'd have paid to see that, you missed out on the PPV payday. wink Good stuff, good to see you guys hook up in the real world.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
When the like button is just horribly inadequate

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's cost a lot of people a lot of money based on what it felt they "have to believe". The fact is it shouldn't be a DUI if you're found sleeping instead of driving drunk in your car.
Generally agree but what if you are found sleeping along the side of the road and the only way you could have gotten there is to drive? Sure, you made one good decision that you couldn't drive and pulled over... but you made a bad decision to drive in the first place so.... I would agree, as I stated above, that the good decision should at least be considered in the seriousness of the punishment.

Should you be punished for having a handgun in your glove compartment if you don't have a carry permit? It's harmless in the glove compartment, just like your car is harmless with you sleeping in it. It doesn't become a problem until you decide to use it....

I guess my issue is that the law doesn't allow for that discretion as written. Sure the judge "can" use such discretion. Judges are often times appointed or elected. Using such discretion may be cause as to why such discretion would be neglected. The same goes for prosecutors who run an the platform of being "tough on crime". The issue for me more lies with you being placed at the mercy of others "doing the right thing" when often times that's not their top priority. Their priority is being reelected and keeping their jobs. If the law had am more discretion written into it based on the circumstances I would feel much more comfortable about it.

I understand the point you're trying to make. But as it stands OVI and DUI laws are written with a one size fits all penalty guideline. If I had to err on one side or the other I would rather protect those who made the right choice, be that before driving or making the decision to stop driving, than I would to heavily punish those who made the right decision to begin with.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
And the Raiders saga continues.....

Las Vegas Raiders cut ex-first-round CB Damon Arnette after video with death threats

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...j-Qpc-hHhN5kwo1VKmszpZo6Knu9mh5-iSY8a-hc

The language in the video prevents me from posting it. However, if you search "damon arnette video" it will pop up.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Raiders are falling apart

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hey, at least they're on top of it. How many times have teams made it 1000x worse by hesitating on removing someone who does something like this? Next step will be to make sure the person that brought these guys in (both supposedly had histories) isn't anywhere near anymore personnel decisions.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Hey, at least they're on top of it. How many times have teams made it 1000x worse by hesitating on removing someone who does something like this? Next step will be to make sure the person that brought these guys in (both supposedly had histories) isn't anywhere near anymore personnel decisions.

Gruden already did that for them. Mayock will be gone after the season.

Legend
Legend
Man bury this clown under the prison. I really hate this dude.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Henry Ruggs: DUI and Fatality

Link Copied to Clipboard