[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
3 members like this: TrooperDawg, SuperBrown, OldColdDawg
FATE #1899782 11/05/21 08:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
I wonder how Landry feels about all this. I mean, they are lifelong friends who watched their greatest dream go up in smoke. He seems like the kind of guy to put blinders on when he steps between the lines but it has to really suck.
Not to mention he spoke up for and advocated for bringing OBJ here, which is now a bad look.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/05/21 08:57 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
mac #1899799 11/05/21 10:25 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Just read the Jake Trotter story. Who runs the wrong routes on purpose? How is that even a thing? It’s so outrageous I don’t know if I can believe it.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Just read the Jake Trotter story. Who runs the wrong routes on purpose? How is that even a thing? It’s so outrageous I don’t know if I can believe it.
(I qualify this with "If that is what was happening")

It's not running the wrong routes on purpose.. it's getting into the route and thinking you see a better way to get open and improvising... maybe that works with a QB/WR that have years of successful experience together who just kind of "feel" each other... but he and Baker obviously had not figured that out yet. Maybe Eli had, don't know. But imagine being Baker and trying to learn your 3rd offense in 3 years and you are trying to go through your progressions and one receiver is periodically off trying to outsmart the defense and the playbook on his own and he's not where he's supposed to be? I'm sure that could get unnerving...

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
You probably wouldn't throw to him a lot, especially if he drops balls too.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B

Outrageous, yes. Unbelievable, no. No more unbelievable that coming to a new team fighting for their lives and wearing illegal shoes and not knowing where to line up. And think about it. This is not the free lancer, chuck it up offense. This is a high timed, choreographed offense, everyone is expected to be at a certain place in a certain time or it fails.

Baker has had to work through his own issues converting to a drop back passer, timing his steps, speeding up his reads, trusting his eyes, and then he has to deal with this BS.

Great passes are thrown before the receiver makes his break. How do you do that when you don't know where he is breaking to?? The guy is an absolute joke.

Also his mysterious absence from the first few games this season makes sense now, he was pouting and punishing the Browns for not trading him before the season, book it!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Maybe a Prima Dona who is used to making splash plays and being on ESPN highlights. Maybe a guy who was used an offense where he just had to get open. Maybe a guy who couldn't thrive in the disciplined KS offense.

Maybe the guy that stands on the sideline and shouts "I wanna score a TD" instead of saying "I just wanna win".

When I hear 'he ran the wrong routes on purpose' - it's not like he lined up pre-snap and said he's going to run the wrong route, I think he starts the route and rather than complete the route knowing he's probably covered, he constantly looks to get open even if it means running the wrong route. He'd rather be considered open and the QB missed him - then run the right route and look covered. But it's all speculation for sure. However, when that's the feedback that came out of Berea this week, I think there's more than a fair chance it happened, and probably more than "occasionally".

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not sure if it was the Trotter story, but I read it was more just making a different read than Baker more than anything. I have quite a bit of empathy for the players in these situations. Their time in the league is short, and to be stuck in a scheme that doesn't fit must be maddening. I'd wish him well if he weren't such a turd on the way out.

And i know this is bitterness talking, but he's going to get everything he wants, which pisses me off. His reworked contract is such that teams probably won't claim him. He'll be a FA.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
I don't want to paint Odell as the bad guy.

Don't know him. He could be a good teammate and a good person.

However, facts are facts. He did not produced when on the field. And he was off the field with injuies often.

Receivers win in two ways. They either create separation like Tyreek Hill or they win when the ball arrives.

Route running is a part of the offensive scheme. Broken plays have comeback drills. When you practice over and over again chemistry happens.
The quarterback and the receiver see the same thing and know what the other will do.

Odell and Baker never got there. Hard to say why. Perfect practice makes perfection. I saw plenty of Odell working out and rehabbing.

During training camp it sure seemed Odell was held out often. DNP or LP went with his name.

He didn't play in the second half of last year. And he did not practice often this year. Running routes solo with the quarterback is not the same.

11 on 11 is practice. Playing in games is learning to play together.

It did not happen with Odell and Baker.

End of story.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He asked to be traded multiple times but we could not find an interested party. Possibly if he did the contract adjustment like he just did we could have made a deal. But many teams just don't have cap space and OBJ supposedly was too injured to practice making him a tough trading commodity. If not injured than the fact he did not practice and was ok to play the games.

Also he was just not into the team concept. We scored a rushing TD last game and the entire team came to congratulate the TD but there was OBJ the only Brown walking away from the celebration cause it was not him involved...was a jerk glade he is walking away from us with his me me attitude. He just has no concept of what a TEAM is about. Many of our guys leaving us I'm like good luck except when you play us...well OBJ I wish him nothing but negatives in his career from here on forward. He made one catch with the Giants and was glorified for it. That one handed TD catch...woopity do. It was said Joe Thomas and I think Straham were talking about common negatives that OBJ had brought to the Giants and Browns. He simply is on of the most selfish players I ever saw. We coddled him and begged him to become part of us. Landry urging him to come to Texas where they all were bonding with BBQs and going on Bakers boat having fun after working hard...of course OBJ couldn't do the workouts but he could do the jet skis and fun stuff. Oh he would play the games and make a superb catch here and there but when the game was on the line twice on short passes where the ball was right in his hands he DROPPED it - crucial 4th down situations but he wanted to be targeted more...btw he was the most targeted receiver on our team. We just did not pass much which was his major complaint - the focus was not on him but on our running attack.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
3 members like this: mgh888, Moxdawg, mac
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, you got it right. I didn't like trading for him in the first place. He's a diva. Anyone who needs to dye their hair, wear special me shoes, jewelry, etc., etc., he's a average size guy with some talent who has branded himself into something "significant"......his shelf life is rapidly coming to an end....AND....he knows it. NFL. NOT FOR LONG. Do I blame him, yes, but do I understand it....yes. Good Luck, Go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
mac #1899848 11/06/21 09:57 AM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/202...Uoj_tthO2qasNnZr9oXnH5lJvFT6aykP7PEYPfog

In fact, a video made by former NFL quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan when the Browns acquired Beckham showed similar concerns from his time in New York.

A few statements O’Sullivan makes in the video echo Kinkhabwala’s final statements in the above video:

“There is not a lot of anticipation when you’re throwing to him.”
“Lot of dancing at the line of scrimmage.”
“It is really hard to throw to a guy like that because you never know where he is, when he is coming out (of his break).”
“Ocho (Chad Johnson) used to do this kind of stuff. He would be open, he would be wide-open every play. Now, he should have been running a post and run an out but he’s gonna be wide open on the sideline.”

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by eotab
He asked to be traded multiple times but we could not find an interested party. Possibly if he did the contract adjustment like he just did we could have made a deal. But many teams just don't have cap space and OBJ supposedly was too injured to practice making him a tough trading commodity. If not injured than the fact he did not practice and was ok to play the games.

Also he was just not into the team concept. We scored a rushing TD last game and the entire team came to congratulate the TD but there was OBJ the only Brown walking away from the celebration cause it was not him involved...was a jerk glade he is walking away from us with his me me attitude. He just has no concept of what a TEAM is about. Many of our guys leaving us I'm like good luck except when you play us...well OBJ I wish him nothing but negatives in his career from here on forward. He made one catch with the Giants and was glorified for it. That one handed TD catch...woopity do. It was said Joe Thomas and I think Straham were talking about common negatives that OBJ had brought to the Giants and Browns. He simply is on of the most selfish players I ever saw. We coddled him and begged him to become part of us. Landry urging him to come to Texas where they all were bonding with BBQs and going on Bakers boat having fun after working hard...of course OBJ couldn't do the workouts but he could do the jet skis and fun stuff. Oh he would play the games and make a superb catch here and there but when the game was on the line twice on short passes where the ball was right in his hands he DROPPED it - crucial 4th down situations but he wanted to be targeted more...btw he was the most targeted receiver on our team. We just did not pass much which was his major complaint - the focus was not on him but on our running attack.
Good Read

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Wondering to myself. hmmm could we sign somebody or will Switzer or Jo Jo get signed off the practice squad?

Well, I guess Higgins and Peoples Jones and Schwartz will get more .. For sure Higgins deserves it,,, Oh, Switzer is on IR..

What receivers are available that are worth going after?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Speaking of Higgins... when this whole melodrama was unfolding at light-speed, didn't someone say that he "liked" papa Beckham's tweet? Don't know if that has been verified, but one would think he may spend a week in the dog house for that.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1899861 11/06/21 10:52 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Speaking of Higgins... when this whole melodrama was unfolding at light-speed, didn't someone say that he "liked" papa Beckham's tweet? Don't know if that has been verified, but one would think he may spend a week in the dog house for that.

Yes, he did say that... See below

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/rashard-higgins-turning-on-baker-mayfield/

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
When all this drama was going on behind the scenes no one wanted to come out publicly and say it and I don't blame them. Now that OBJ is gone everyone can relax a little bit and get back to what's most important, playing football and winning games. That's the #1 priority.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Wondering to myself. hmmm could we sign somebody or will Switzer or Jo Jo get signed off the practice squad?

Well, I guess Higgins and Peoples Jones and Schwartz will get more .. For sure Higgins deserves it,,, Oh, Switzer is on IR..

What receivers are available that are worth going after?

I could be wrong but isn't Ja'Marcus Bradley still on our practice squad as well?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
There's also our preseason darling that should be available.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Davion Davis was picked up by the Texans off our practice squad, if that's who you're referring to.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
C
Legend
Legend
C
Maybe he meant Josh Lenz?

mac #1899895 11/06/21 01:27 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
i don't know about everyone else but I sure won't miss OBJ. Seems like he is always a cancer in the locker room no matter where he goes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess Higgins liking OBJ seniors post must mean the entire problem with division on the team solely existed with one player? Or maybe there is a bigger divide that we don't know about? Higgins like on that post seems to indicate it runs deeper than just OBJ. I guess all of the WR's better man up and support Baker now. They made OBJ an example of what happens when you don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mac #1899905 11/06/21 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or maybe Higgie liked it because he knew that meant OBJ would be gone resulting in more playing time and targets for him leading to a bugger contract next season

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure, with all those disses of Mayfield in there and it coming from OBJ's dad, that must be what it was. (Please denote sarcasm)

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mac #1899922 11/06/21 04:44 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I think we still have JoJo Natson

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I guess Higgins liking OBJ seniors post must mean the entire problem with division on the team solely existed with one player? Or maybe there is a bigger divide that we don't know about? Higgins like on that post seems to indicate it runs deeper than just OBJ. I guess all of the WR's better man up and support Baker now. They made OBJ an example of what happens when you don't.

The article that seems to make it clear that Higgins doesn't like it getting blown out of whack

Last edited by Damanshot; 11/06/21 07:12 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Davion Davis was picked up by the Texans off our practice squad, if that's who you're referring to.

Would like to have him ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
mac #1899966 11/07/21 06:14 AM
Legend
Legend
I’d like to have Khadarel Hodge right about now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B

Pretty wild.

I don't know if it is so much about running the wrong routes. Maybe its more about the timing of the route, or free lancing the route to get open. Rather than running the route to a depth of say 15 yards, he is juking his way to a depth of 25 yards.

That might work if the QB is sticking with the one read, but if the QB moves off the read because it wasn't open or the receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be at 15 yards, it might look like the QB is missing open looks.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Tackman
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Pretty wild.

I don't know if it is so much about running the wrong routes. Maybe its more about the timing of the route, or free lancing the route to get open. Rather than running the route to a depth of say 15 yards, he is juking his way to a depth of 25 yards.

That might work if the QB is sticking with the one read, but if the QB moves off the read because it wasn't open or the receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be at 15 yards, it might look like the QB is missing open looks.

It's starting to look like this might have been a factor

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

The article that seems to make it clear that Higgins doesn't like it getting blown out of whack

I don't blame him for trying to play it down. I would too in his position. But that doesn't change the fact he liked the post.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's hard to take hitting the "like" button out of context. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly think so. It's used all across the internet. Even here. I don't know of anyone who hits a like button on something they disagree with.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I was just listening to local sports radio and they were speculating about OBJ coming to the Pats. One host said he wouldn't want him here because he would hurt Mac Jones. Another mentioned how much Bill Belichek has spoken about how talented OBJ is. Wouldn't it be something if he signed with the Pats this week and got to play against us next Sunday. If that happens you can see what's coming.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just find it hard to think anyone would take over his remaining salary when he will be so much cheaper during the off season. I mean anything is possible I guess but not many teams have the available salary cap to absorb his cost. I have no idea if the Pats do or not.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The hosts of the radio show were also discussing the fact that if OBJ wanted to get back at his former team this was a golden opportunity. Another asked why would he want to get revenge. The Browns did everything they could to make the release easy for him and then they went into some details. They are right. We treated OBJ just fine with his release. Better than he probably deserved from what I've read.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/07/21 12:33 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think people put far too much stock into rumors and opinions. Often times they take such things as facts when they're usually more about painting a narrative.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
True. Let's hope he goes to the NFC.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by mgh888
[quote=cfrs15]

Maybe the guy that stands on the sideline and shouts "I wanna score a TD" instead of saying "I just wanna win".

Ever since this was posted by members I have wondered what Nick Chubb thinks about this conversation. I would think the type of player Chubb is he would not appreciate a teammate that truly thinks like that. Chubb was the guy who ran pout of bounds giving up a TD for his stats so the Browns were guaranteed a win. I could be completely wrong but that was the first thing that came to mind for me.

1 member likes this: Jester
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell Beckham Jr.

Link Copied to Clipboard