Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c

Question.... Is it a bigger issue that OBJ was a malcontent? Or is it a bigger issue that from what everyone seems to be saying, that one malcontent prevents an entire roster from doing its job? Does one player on an entire roster excuse everyone else on that roster from playing up to their ability? Or does it show that the entire roster lacks the ability to overcome any adversity that comes their way?

Also, does this mean we cannot have star receivers in the future?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Only if the star receivers are team-first, not me-first.

mac #1901121 11/08/21 03:26 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It means that OBJ is a cancer and you can't have a cancer in the locker room.

He was cunning in helping players but he undermined our QB, who for good or bad or otherwise is the team leader. You undermine him and you undermine the team. Odell is trash, the entire Eli thing should have sent us running to get away from him.

And now we see without him we aren't just better we are way way better. Good bye Trash hello team and winning.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
mac #1901128 11/08/21 03:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Dan Campbell just said Detroit will not take him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
mac #1901129 11/08/21 03:39 PM
Legend
Legend
It's 2:38pm and there's no news that he's been claimed. I'm betting that nobody touches him, which sucks, because I'd love to see the JETS claim him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
It's 2:38pm and there's no news that he's been claimed. I'm betting that nobody touches him, which sucks, because I'd love to see the JETS claim him.

He got cut today so the claims will be tomorrow. I don’t think anyone will claim him.

S
1st String
1st String
S
I actually think he hasnt "officially" been waved yet..... wont know if someone claims him until tomorrow I believe?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually believe that's probably exactly what that means. At least if those star WR's are listening to their agents and representation. Your performances and stats help determine future potential income. I mean who is going to sign a WR who only had average catches and receiving yards to top 20 or even 30 WR contract? Signing here could severely limit their future income potential when it comes time to move on from here. Somewhat of a career killer.

Yet on the flip side of that coin, do we need or is the investment worth the return within our system to pay big money for a "star WR"? Last season our most productive WR was Landy and it wasn't even close. He had 840 yards with 72 catches and 3 td's. While that isn't paltry it certainly isn't some earth shattering season in terms of production. There has often been a debate on this board as to the value of a WR. And the fact of the matter is that's a question which has a huge variable.

On a team where your O is predicated on slinging the ball downfield and the passing game, you depend a lot more on your WR's. In the offense we currently run, the ball is spread around and we have a great deal of talent in the running game. It's a far more balanced approach. As such we do not rely on one or two receiving targets to be the focus of our offense. I believe I saw where Baker distributed the ball to eight different players yesterday and none of those were targeted more than three times.

So not only do I feel that moving forward, with this coach under the current system, will star WR's want to come here, I don't think they would be worth the money invested the way we spread the ball around. We just need solid WR's who can catch the ball and get open. The big money star WR's won't want to come here and we won't be wanting to pay the money to bring them here either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Hammer

Star WR's are career fist, not team first. Just like any other NFL player.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mac #1901146 11/08/21 04:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I pray the Jets claim him - NYC would explode with malcontent.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Hammer

Star WR's are career fist, not team first. Just like any other NFL player.

If you don't see the difference between OBJ and his attitude and Players like Chubb and Baker... I don't know what to say.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: FrankZ
P
Legend
Legend
P
The conversation was about signing FA WR's on the open market. That's the context. "Star" WR's are not going to want to come here knowing our system is the opposite of being conducive to helping their future value. It would be a stupid career choice. This wasn't even the system we were running when both Odell and Jarvis came here. Thus the very first words of my post being "Star WR's".

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The conversation was about signing FA WR's on the open market. That's the context. "Star" WR's are not going to want to come here knowing our system is the opposite of being conducive to helping their future value. It would be a stupid career choice. This wasn't even the system we were running when both Odell and Jarvis came here. Thus the very first words of my post being "Star WR's".

That will change if we win Super Bowls.

People said that same thing about Patriots under BB, and it was true for quite a few years, and then the big names started clamoring to play there for a couple years to try to get a ring.

myka #1901184 11/08/21 05:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly wasn't trying to predict what the future may hold. I was speaking about the here and now.

#gmstrong
mac #1901189 11/08/21 05:58 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Saw on espn that odell has been officially released and can be. Claimed off waivers until Tuesday at 4

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
mac #1901190 11/08/21 05:59 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The only situations that i see that can work both from a team perspective and a beckham perspective are 1, GB and 2, Baltimore.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Patriots

Joe Thomas #73
mac #1901197 11/08/21 06:44 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Meh, I'm over him. He's not a Brown anymore, who cares what he does.

4 members like this: jaybird, Homewood Dog, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Yep. He's gone, I wish him well and that's it. He didn't really do a thing to earn Browns fans lasting respect. Adios.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
mac #1901213 11/08/21 07:55 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Odell can go to the 49ers. While on the 49ers they can beat the bengals. (Wishing.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
mac #1901214 11/08/21 08:00 PM
Legend
Legend
I hate to say it, but I totally misread the OBJ thing. I saw the Prima Dona attitude,,, I looked at it and thought, He's going to be playing with his best friend and that will bring him in line..

To the naked eye (mine is naked) it seemed to be the case.. then, this year, adversity hits and Damn if the Prima dona doesn't show up.. i mean his DADDY.. Had OBJ stood up and said, Dad was trying to right by me or something to that effect, He'd still be here..

Am I a bad man for thanking him to high heaven for NOT saying a word.. Which in this case is the same as saying he wanted out.. I've got nothing against the kid (at 29, he's still a kid) but I'm basically very happy he's gone..

Just a week or so before the Poop hit the fan, I was saying out loud what I suppose others were thinking.. That under Stefanski, Drama had all but disappeared from the Browns Locker room....

Then last week happened.

For me, the good news coming out of the player interviews is this, they don't care.. They appear to be focused on one thing.. Winning..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Also, does this mean we cannot have star receivers in the future?

Yes, this is why we cannot have nice things. rofl now get back to the chores.

mac #1901223 11/08/21 08:14 PM
Legend
Legend
So the Giants, 49ers, and Lions all declined

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
mac #1901244 11/08/21 09:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Odell my bell won't even pass a team's physical. Not to mention his salary.

Won't be surprised if he is passed up by all the teams.

mac #1901248 11/08/21 09:19 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
so between Odell, Josh Gordon, Braylon Edwards, and Andre Rison, which Browns WR has disappointed you the most? for me it is Gordon, had so much potential after 2013 and just wasted it away

mac #1901251 11/08/21 09:33 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
He hopes he isn't claimed, he wants to be a free agent, so he can choose his team. I'm not sure, but I think if he isn't claimed, the Browns have to pay him the rest of his contract. I don't think he will ever get the money he wants, and I believe he will take the rest off the year off. He says he has a shoulder injury, I wonder if passing a physical will be able to happen. He got paid, IMO, that's all that matters to someone like him. His "great" days are behind him. He has been injured for the last three years. I see a bunch of one year deals in his future.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by boofers20
so between Odell, Josh Gordon, Braylon Edwards, and Andre Rison, which Browns WR has disappointed you the most? for me it is Gordon, had so much potential after 2013 and just wasted it away

I love saying this because it's true...Josh Gordon is the best football player I've ever seen live.

What a waste.

Legend
Legend
Was. Not is.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by Damanshot
To the naked eye (mine is naked) it seemed to be the case.. then, this year, adversity hits and Damn if the Prima dona doesn't show up.. i mean his DADDY.. Had OBJ stood up and said, Dad was trying to right by me or something to that effect, He'd still be here..

The thing is, apparently he'd been asking for a trade for some time. I firmly believe OBJ used his dad to bring things to a head.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg

The thing is, apparently he'd been asking for a trade for some time. I firmly believe OBJ used his dad to bring things to a head.

I hadn't heard he was asking for a trade... But I can see it. As for using his father,, You betcha

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Word that he was asking for a trade as far back as the end of last season definitely lends some credibility to the video being part of his exit strategy. Too much smoke.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Word that he was asking for a trade as far back as the end of last season definitely lends some credibility to the video being part of his exit strategy. Too much smoke.

Too much smoke ... you might be confusing him with Gordon.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
L
All Pro
All Pro
L

Come get me!

Even more interesting...

"In October, the Browns played the 49ers, Seahawks, and Patriots."

Edit: Also agree that his Daddy was his mouth so that he could appear to keep his hands clean.

Last edited by LexDawg; 11/09/21 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I hadn't heard he was asking for a trade... But I can see it. As for using his father,, You betcha

Other weird thing is, he hasn't said a word? Has he spoke publicly since the video came out?

I'm just wondering what made him want out over the summer? He obviously had the injury, but he had that huge game in Dallas, then a few weeks later gets hurt. And he wanted out before he even got back healthy and on the field? Very strange.

Again I have no hard feelings against him. I think he dad is crazy for thinking he was being sabotaged, but otherwise I wish him well. It didn't work, and if that's why he wanted out, simply because it wasn't working, I can't really hold that against him. He quietly asked for a trade before, I think that's how you should handle it.

I wish him well, it sucks that it didn't work out

mac #1901431 11/09/21 02:16 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NOV 8, 2021

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Prepared to Cause ‘Issues’ If Wrong Team Claims Him Off Waivers
DAN GARTLAND

Is he worth the headache?

You are reading 1 of 4 free premium articles. Subscribe for unlimited access for just $1. Members log in.
Odell Beckham Jr.’s quick and messy divorce from the Browns will be finalized on Monday, as Cleveland is expected to waive the disgruntled receiver after restructuring his contract to facilitate the move.

Every team in the league will have the opportunity to pick Beckham up on waivers, but they better think twice before submitting a claim.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Sunday that Beckham “does not want to go to just any team.” He’s hoping to go to “a playoff contender and in a winning environment, where he believes he would be happy and productive.”

Fair enough. What player doesn’t want a chance to win a Super Bowl? But here’s where Schefter’s report gets interesting. He writes that Beckham is willing to make life difficult for his next team if he ends up somewhere he doesn’t want to be.

“If a team that does not fit this criteria claims Beckham and the $7.25 million remaining on his contract, there could be potential issues for that team, according to a source, although it is unclear exactly what those issues would be,” Schefter wrote.

I think the way Beckham left New York and Cleveland makes it abundantly clear what those issues would be. Schefter’s report reads like Beckham and his agent telling every cellar dweller thinking of submitting a waiver claim, “That’s a nice football team you’ve got there. It’d be a shame if something happened to it.”

BY BEN PICKMAN
The chances Beckham would have been claimed on waivers were slim to begin with. After restructuring his contract to void the final two years of the deal, Beckham is owed $7.5 million for the rest of this season if he gets claimed on waivers. (If he goes unclaimed by Tuesday’s 4 p.m. waiver deadline, the Browns owe him $4.25 million.) Schefter reported on Friday that the steep price tag meant it was unlikely Beckham would be claimed on waivers. So then why did Beckham’s camp even think it was necessary to make the threat about “potential issues”?

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio said on NBC’s Football Night in America that Beckham would prefer to go to the Seahawks but the 49ers and his hometown Saints are also contenders. From a pure entertainment standpoint, Seattle seems like a great destination for him. Either Beckham pairs with stud receivers D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to form a fearsome trio of wideouts, or he becomes Russell Wilson’s distant third option behind those guys and throws a tantrum over not getting the ball enough that fuels several more weeks of a drama-filled news cycle.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/11/08/odell-beckham-browns-waivers-preferred-destination

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
OMG, this guy is pathologic. Soooooo happy he is gone.

Last edited by Baker_Dawg; 11/09/21 02:21 PM.
mac #1901435 11/09/21 02:24 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Y'all can lock this thread as far as I'm concerned. Who cares?

1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm hoping the likes of the Lions or Jets claim him. I know it won't happen, but I'm cheering for this drama to pick up where it left off and keep going for entertainment purposes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
would lmao @ OBJ, probably will anyway.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have to say it's much more entertaining when it involves a team besides our own.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell Beckham Jr.

Link Copied to Clipboard