Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The 10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You should know OCD. The left is following Hitler's playbook step by step.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Watch the video
Obviously you did not
Education helps

B
Legend
Legend
B
Well done.

I don't agree with the conclusions, but I can see how one might fall for the bureau's take.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Many of you will never see it until it's too late. Then you will realize you actually helped it happen.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I can't see the original post but I think it's clear who is trying to divide and destroy this great Country of the USA,
and who is a threat to it. Shame.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Demoncrats/Chinese run the Fascist playbook 24-7.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Nothing like not expanding your knowledge, and then judging something you don't understand whatsoever. But hey, being the far right's target audience, you're convinced.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/13/21 11:15 PM.

Legend
Legend
I can't see the original post...

Which pretty much invalidates any opinion you might share in this thread.
Because the entire thread is based upon a video that you can't even see.

I'm going to make this interesting. I'm going to provide you with a direct link to the video you can't see on your Commodore 64.
In other words, I'm eliminating this excuse you might barf up to us every time you want to run this game of yours.
And I promise to keep providing you these links until:

1. You respond in these threads by participating in good faith.
2. You upgrade that Fred Flintstone rig of yours that can't display the embedded videos that everyone else can see.
(...so you tell us...) rolleyes

Watch the damn video. Comment in context.
None of this is difficult.

Here it is:
Click on these words. Watch the video. Write your thoughts. Do I need to draw you a map???

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think you have it backwards.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The Bannon/trump playbook to the tee.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Please share some comparative examples.
If the left is doing this and people don't see it, it needs to be brought to light.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Jester

If the left is doing this and people don't see it, it needs to be brought to light.

Yeah, I’m not letting this one go, either. We need to see an actual comparison here. This is a dangerous and unwell founded line of thought.

We’ve had comparisons to Communism and now Nazism. Which is it, people?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
If you drop the book titles, I think the playbooks can be very similar.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I can't see the original post but I think it's clear who is trying to divide and destroy this great Country of the USA,

Indeed it is clear.. Donald Trump and his Trumpians....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
My observation has been that Fascism is like most "isms". People debate it's real meaning, but willingly accept that it is either an all good or all bad. That is strange phenomenon, We have a fuzzy understanding about what something is, but we are 100% certain that these"isms" are bad or good. This behavior naturally forces us to work backwards, observing things we don't like and rationalizing them being part of a bad "ism" or observing things we do like and rationalizing putting them in a good "ism" basket.

In the case of Fascism, most people tend to use it as a basket that represents all of the laws and restrictions that they don't like; rules that they feel overly restrict their autonomy.

The origin of the word doesn't help define the meaning of Fascism much either. "Fasci" means groups or bundles. Every political movement is composed of a group.

This Prof is doing something a little different. Instead of focusing on a specific policy, he is saying, 'I don't like this group or party' and he rationalizes putting them in the fascism basket by observing 10 behaviors and 1 other distinction that he thinks make their movement uniquely identifiable in a modern time. The 1 distinction tells you a lot about his objective in putting this together. He says that fascism can only apply to political groups on the "right". He doesn't tell you why that distinction is important, but he does take the time to tell you about how important and smart he is, letting you know that you should believe everything he says without question. I have said on here before that I don't believe in this idea of the right and the left. You can't take all of peoples beliefs and positions and then perform some sort of measurement that determines where they lie along a line. So he is really saying 'here are all these things I don't like', but he only wants you to apply a negative judgement to a group of people that he does not like.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Indeed it is clear.. Donald Trump and his Trumpians....

Trumpians looks and sounds a lot like Triumphians. rofl

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I think you have it backwards.

Jan. 6th is proof positive that I don't. The plot to kidnap the Michigan governor is further proof. Those who are Trump supporters shouting "Jews will not replace me" while marching in Charlottesville is even further proof. The fact you have decided you will refuse to see it is a you issue. Now go on with your "but those on the left riot too!" I expect that. While it makes both sides wrong, only one side tried to overturn an election, kidnap a governor and yell white supremacist rants.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Months ago I talked
With many examples of
Facts aren’t listened to

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Yeah, I�m not letting this one go, either. We need to see an actual comparison here. This is a dangerous and unwell founded line of thought.

We�ve had comparisons to Communism and now Nazism. Which is it, people?

God can direct me to stumble into the correct destination in spite of myself sometimes. Now!

Some reason just got started on a 15 minute read, (because the writers on wiki, don't speak English as a first language, so their points take a few times to re read to get.) a 15 minute read on the "Spanish Cival War", 1936-1939.

2nd of all! The terms are all scewed up, just remember one thing, in the Spanish Cival War, the "Russians" were on the side called "Repbulcans" and being the Russians, they did their pure evil stuff.

Now, the, writers, of the Wikipedia on the Spanish Cival war, are clearly communist-Marxist sympathisers, but!!
if someone would read it, and
if they would pay attention to the actions, and acts that took place.

Well we'd see the clear points. This is Good vs. Evil folks. This is bigger than politics.
I'd encourage you to
have a look, take 15 minutes on the Spanish cival war, of 1936-1939, see for yourself how it mirrors the troubles in America today.
The dangers of the summer of 2020.

the deception, the lies, the calling themselves the good guys, when they are clearly the bad guys.
This is evils' playbook returned.
Learn from history.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So tired of all the cuckoo around here...

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
How about cancelling free speech. That is not what this Country was founded on. Speech even speech that you disagreed with was a right. On college campus's if Conservative speakers are brought in to speak it either gets cancelled of protested as Facism. Ask Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, and Candace Owens.

How about the current Administration using the DOJ against parents of grade school and high school students that oppose certain curriculum.

Cancel culture in general.

Antifa going to peoples homes, harassing them at restaurants, blocking their cars from moving in parking garages. Nothing Democratic about any of those actions.

Lockdowns, Mandates, etc... The Government has no right to issue totalitarian policies on it's people. We have even started having citizens turning against fellow citizens.

There are so many similarities. Like the media walking lockstep with one political party. We no longer have news in this Country we get what one political party wants us to know.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
How about cancelling free speech. That is not what this Country was founded on. Speech even speech that you disagreed with was a right. On college campus's if Conservative speakers are brought in to speak it either gets cancelled of protested as Facism. Ask Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, and Candace Owens.

How about the current Administration using the DOJ against parents of grade school and high school students that oppose certain curriculum.

Antifa going to peoples homes, harassing them at restaurants, blocking their cars from moving in parking garages. Nothing Democratic about any of those actions.

Lockdowns, Mandates, etc... The Government has no right to issue totalitarian policies on it's people. We have even started having citizens turning against fellow citizens.

There are so many similarities. Like the media walking lockstep with one political party. We no longer have news in this Country we get what one political party wants us to know.

SHHHHHHHHHHUSH! wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
Lockdowns, Mandates, etc... The Government has no right to issue totalitarian policies on it's people.

Try sending your children to school in Ohio without these "mandated vaccines" and get back to me. They've been mandated for decades. This is nothing new. Only your faux outrage because you've been convinced of what you are typing by some right wing sources is the cause of it.

https://www.wadsworth.k12.oh.us/use...arten/immunization%20summary.pdf?id=9189

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Cancelled speeches at universities are not examples of Biden following Hitler step by step. I tried googling "Ben Shapiro cancelled speech" and the first thing that came up was how his speech was canceled for a second time at Gonzaga University. 1. Gonzaga is a private, Jesuit university. The First Amendment applies to Government institutions. 2. Joe Biden didn't cancel his speech or have it caused to be canceled. 3. The first time the speech was canceled, it was due to the university's decision to prevent a hostile environment, a decision that was ultimately reversed when the College Republicans appealed. The second time it was canceled, it was because the sponsor canceled.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/mar/12/shapiro-speech-canceled-for-second-time/

For the DOJ, the narrative you deliver is false. You are regurgitating what you are being fed by demagogues such as Hawley, Jordan, McCarthy, etc. Here is the memo language:

In recent months, there has been a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff who participate in the vital work of running our nation's public schools. While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views.
Threats against public servants are not only illegal, they run counter to our nation's core values. …
The Department takes these incidents seriously and is committed to using its authority and resources to discourage these threats, identify them when they occur, and prosecute them when appropriate. ...
Coordination and partnership with local law enforcement is critical to implementing these measures for the benefit of our nation’s nearly 14,000 public school districts. To this end, I am directing the Federal Bureau of Investigation, working with each United States Attorney, to convene meetings with federal, state, local, Tribal, and territorial leaders in each federal judicial district within 30 days of the issuance of this memorandum. These meetings will facilitate the discussion of strategies for addressing threats against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff, and will open dedicated lines of communication for threat reporting, assessment, and response. ..

How is he "using the DOJ against parents?"

Cancel culture: it cuts both ways. I don't like it at all, honestly, but it doesn't belong to one party. What are your thoughts on the Republicans who were "cancelled" because they did something completely lawful in their line of duty when they voted to impeach? The backlash came because they didn't show loyalty to one person. Liz Cheney's previous voting record showed that she did not clash with Trump when it came to policy issues. That's the scariest cancel culture premise I've seen so far.

Antifa. Again, I don't see how that's Biden following Hitler's playbook.

Lockdowns...those started with the last administration and were managed mostly at the state level. Remember DeWine's orders? Mandates have also been in place for vaccines. We'll see how the courts deal with the employee mandate.

If you sincerely believe that Biden is following Hitler's playbook step for step, then you REALLY need to go back and relook at Hitler's rise to power. If anything, he compares far more to the previous guy - and even that is an enormous stretch to me.

Call Biden ineffective. Call him bumbling. Hell, even call him Hindenburg (the person, not the blimp), and you will get no argument from me...but saying something along the lines of "following Hitler's playbook step by step" and then citing the above is ludicrous.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
After January 6th they think everything is fair game. They don't seem to comprehend that when you threaten someone with physical violence you are committing a crime. They now uphold crimes by people they agree with and claim preventing such crimes are an infringement of their rights. Only in Trumplandia.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Well, well your scumbag POS go to source Alex Jones is now facing justice.

Sandy Hook families won the defamation case against him. I hope he loses everything.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Alex Jones found liable in Sandy Hook defamation lawsuits and will have to pay damages, judge rules

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alex-j...JojI8Bl4brJNS3oFp5cnL0LijtUZyAnlPqXf2sQg

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What gutter trash he is.

Those poor families were put through hell because of that scum.

I hope he suffers immensely.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm glad. Can you imagine being the parent of a child who was killed and then hearing someone like this in the media say it was a hoax?

Words can't describe it to me.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My blood boils just thinking of that.

Legend
Legend

Sorry Dawg but this is not your father's 'normal' Democrat Party.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Jones will just file bankruptcy if he is allowed. Those people will never see justice.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The right is just as into cancel culture. Just disagree disagree with trump and see what happens:

https://reckonsouth.com/a-baptist-p...on-the-right-side-of-biblical-teachings/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/15/liz-cheney-wyoming-republican-party-trump

You mean like this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...otest-against-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAPjzay

That isn't fascism. That is voicing ones opinion gone wrong.

This is fascism:

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-flynn-demands-one-religion-050401378.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

1st, vaccine mandates are not new.
2nd, You are taking an extreme example from an extraordinary circumstance to represent the norm.

This is true but you again, you act like this is a left thing. Yes MSNBC is ridiculous but so is FOX. Then there's Newsmax and OAN who take things to a whole other level.

Last edited by Jester; 11/16/21 10:59 AM.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Don't expect him to seriously consider your post. In some circles common sense is frowned upon. Trump is a prime example of what cancel culture looks like.

The Long List of Things President Trump Wants to Boycott

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-l...year-tires-and-apple-products?ref=scroll

Trump wants you to boycott Coke. His properties are still serving it

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/business/donald-trump-coke-boycott/index.html

From Oreos to Coca Cola to Harley to Goodyear, he is the cancel culture king.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Don't expect him to seriously consider your post.

Oh I don't, but if I don't respond he'll hold that against me as proof that he was right.

Last edited by Jester; 11/16/21 12:40 PM.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The 10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think

Link Copied to Clipboard