Hall of Famer
J
Lions and Browns will be a Tie 3 to 3

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
What everyone saw today was the difference between a team and organization that has a winning culture and one that does not. We can assemble all the talent we want but until we learn to play and win consistently it will always be like this.

Just listen to a couple things online from the Pats, and it just seems like they were
like the Pats, were requiring much more intensity from their players in practice type situations.
Much more complicated, trickeration and schemes in the summertime.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
L
Legend
Legend
L
If I’m Berry I go hard after Wilson or Rodgers in off season.. get a competent DC and upgrade the linebackers. Force stefanski to give up play calling or move on to a different HC. This whole give teams time to gel anymore is BS. You can turn it around quick with the right personnel. It’s obvious we don’t especially at the places that matter

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Shots fired!...

Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Myles Garrett: We didn't make the adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to.

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1460002136180330500

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by leadtheway
If I’m Berry I go hard after Wilson or Rodgers in off season.. get a competent DC and upgrade the linebackers. Force stefanski to give up play calling or move on to a different HC. This whole give teams time to gel anymore is BS. You can turn it around quick with the right personnel. It’s obvious we don’t especially at the places that matter

Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract - he's already stated if he's traded there's only a few cities he'd be willing to go to. As for Rodgers...I honestly don't think he's going anywhere either unless a can't miss opportunity presents itself. Matt Ryan might be available though - is he enough of an upgrade over Mayfield if at all?

1 member likes this: Dave
All Pro
All Pro
Out everythinged when it was time to put up or shut up...The Browns simply swung their purses around and shut up. Typical. That is all.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
L
Legend
Legend
L
embarrassment everywhere - on both sides of the ball. I can’t think of one player who played well. We literally could not stop them from going up and the the field, the entire game.

Oh, our punter had a good game, that’s the only one I can think of who didn’t play like crap. Good news is, no one else in our division won this week, so we have that.

Last edited by lampdogg; 11/14/21 06:18 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
More shots at the coaching and inability to make adjustments...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Not good.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
There's going to be fracturing in the locker room next.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I honestly think Chase McLaughlin should of had more FG attempts ! Oh wait ! it was really bad that he couldn't !

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
This says a bunch. Hopelessly and clearly outreached and outplayed today. See Clowney?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Legend
Legend
A
Was in Columbus to see family. Drove home today, listening to the game on the radio. Started out promising. Then it went downhill.

Thankfully, I was finally able to drive out of radio coverage so I didn't have to listen anymore. Wife volunteered to find the game on Sat. radio. I politely explained "please, don't." Earlier though, she said "Arch, I can see your heart pumping in your neck veins." I just said "If you quit seeing that, grab the steering wheel."

Did make it home in record time though.

3 members like this: Bird, FATE, DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Listened to the post game pressers ... Garret is not happy ...HC admits it the way it was... I forced myself to watch the pressers... glad I did...

Legend
Legend
We were atrocious in every facet today. I honestly couldn’t believe that was our team on the field. The good news is we’ve reached the point where we expect to win. The bad news is we cant beat anybody good.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lmao ! in a sad way !

Rookie
Rookie
very frustrating how we are unable to adjust our game plan . Almost like the play calling doesn't even reflect the game we are watching

L
Legend
Legend
L
At minimum you have fire woods right now. Wade Phillips and Gregg Williams are out there. Greg would atleast have familiarity with some of the guys. But I don’t think you can wait anymore. The players are seeing the season slipping away and can’t hold their tongue anymore

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Shots fired!...

Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Myles Garrett: We didn't make the adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to.

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1460002136180330500

To me, this seems to say it all, especially in regards to our two blowout losses so far this year (AZ/NE). Moreso than appearing "flat" or any one player's performance, the play calling on neither side of the ball seemed in tune or in time to what the situation was on the field. jmho.

M
Legend
Legend
M
More of the same.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree. Something has to be done about the D right now. I was a Joe Woods supporter but after today I mean My God, 3 drives for TD's over 90 yards. Who gives up drives like that. Our personnel is too good to play like that!!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Was in Columbus to see family. Drove home today, listening to the game on the radio. Started out promising. Then it went downhill.

Thankfully, I was finally able to drive out of radio coverage so I didn't have to listen anymore. Wife volunteered to find the game on Sat. radio. I politely explained "please, don't." Earlier though, she said "Arch, I can see your heart pumping in your neck veins." I just said "If you quit seeing that, grab the steering wheel."

Did make it home in record time though.
Oh man lmao. I can see myself in that drivers seat and the exact same scenario coming to pass with my wife. Thanks for the vivid pic of what it feels like to be an angry Browns fan, it seriously made a dark day better.

Here's to better days. grin

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
Jc

Just remember, for all of y’all wanting to fire woods, that means we have to also fire Stefanski.

Woods isn’t calling the shots on offense. Told y’all in the other threads that Stefanski needs way for heat on him than a lot of you guys are giving right now.

Cause the last time I checked, the offense got the ball, as well. What did they do with it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Nobody understands what's it like to be a Browns fan except another Browns fan; maybe a Lions fan does!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bakers presser..from 1:13 t0 1:38...reminds me of the Freddie Kitchens hype and how they listened to the press and thinking they were going to be great...

T
Legend
Legend
T
Alex Van Pelt taking over play calling WOULD NOT! FIX!

Baker is hesitating on the quickest throw, hot read after the snap. Other league wide Qbs including dipwad in Cincinnati
could be used as examples to show,

what not hesitating looks like.

Baker hesitating on hot routes post snaps, as becoming a part of a (real) 2 minute type passing offense.
Has been a problem all year long,
and
Was becoming apparent today in the two plays just before, and the play Baker got injured on.

I can't know, if the coaches are demanding the hesitancy, if the coaches are causing fear of bad results that grow this hesitancy,
or if the hesitancy on the first read, or hesitancy on the hot quick throw after the snap is coming from Baker.

I can know, that we saw it, in red zones in previous games. This year. multiple games.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We also had our usual 3 drops or so that would have kept some drives going. Sadly, today they wouldn't have made a difference.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Everyone getting their shots in at the coaching today...

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Bring back OJ
I mean OBee J
This team is headed for NFL purgatory.
Sometimes good enough to make the playoffs,never good enough to win it all.
Too good to be in a position to draft that QB that will make them great.
Oh well we'll always have 2020.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We'll be better next year when no one expects us to win!!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
There's going to be fracturing in the locker room next.
There should not be.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Blort blort blort blort blort
Blort blort blort blort blort blort blort
Blort blort blort blort blort

T
Legend
Legend
T
[quote=Milk Man]j/c...

Everyone getting their shots in at the coaching today...

Two weeks ago also.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Swish
Jc

Just remember, for all of y’all wanting to fire woods, that means we have to also fire Stefanski.

Woods isn’t calling the shots on offense. Told y’all in the other threads that Stefanski needs way for heat on him than a lot of you guys are giving right now.

Cause the last time I checked, the offense got the ball, as well. What did they do with it.

Fired from calling the offensive plays - sure. I floated that back in week 3 or 4 .... and/or a suggestion that he calls a half because he then gets too predictable.

Joe Woods I've been concerned about all year despite the stats. It's a real conundrum because we flat out BALL in some games and then look totally inept in others. The 3rd down plays we give up are bad. I don't know what the stats are but I have to believe that we are way down the league in that category. Joe isn't going anywhere soon - plenty of time to see what he can do. But we have a LOT of talent on the DL and in the secondary .... and we barely seemed to pressure their QB much today.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We have to be done with Joe Woods as a DC. Put him back with the DB's and find someone that knows how to use the talent we hav on Defense. How do we not blitz a rookie QB???

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Pats were messin with Garrett and Clowney which opened up the middle... that's how the Pat's ran on the Browns.... so put some players in the middle to stop the run / pass... Oh and tackle if ya in there !

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We consistently have had the worst 3rd down and 4th down Defense the entire year. Good coaching would have shown improvement but it has not. The Offense has been a consistent Jekyll and Hyde. Something has to change tomorrow. Enough already.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
More of the same.

Yawn - nobody cares Kevin. YOU have to realize YOUR limitations as a play caller and hand that job to Van Pelt. Tired of hearing the SAME TIRED excuses after EVERY loss. ENOUGH already. Be a LEADER and show this team YOU can do the right thing for this team. Otherwise pack your bags and get the hell out of town. We are tired of your act. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Well that was embarrassing.

*Browns are a Jekyll and Hyde team, good one week and awful the next.
*Will have to go 7-0 or 6-1 to make the playoffs now.
*Have to get Chubb back. Our running game is just not the same without him!
*I agree about Joe Woods being done as DC.
*Garrett seemed to blame Stefanski and Woods after the game saying they never made adjustments to stop the Pat's offense.
*A season that was supposed to be great is looking like another disappointment.
*Hope the Browns can turn it around and put a string of good games together.
*Better not lose to, or tie, a winless Lions team at home next week!

GO BROWNS! WOOF, WOOF!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Patriots 45 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard