Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Baker has a lot of pride and is said to play with a chip on his shoulder. That being said, he may realize that after a season like this he would take less to keep many of the guys we have right now so they can help him win when he gets healthy. I too agree Baker is not elite but when healthy and with the right people around him is good enough. JMO

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Man that "chip on the shoulder" is the most over used cliche in sports
But its attached to Mayfield like a John.Deere hat on a farmer.
Great Baker you.have chip on your shoulder, now go use your shoulder
And carry this team.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Baker does have responsibility, but to counter your argument, there are folks on here that it doesn't matter if we lose 16-10 or 45-42 or 45-7.. or how Baker played, they go right after Baker because we lost, so it must be his fault.

That's why it's the most important position in sports. No other position dictates wins and losses more than the QB.

No one is blaming the Packers D when they allow a go ahead score with 40 seconds left and no timeouts. Know why? Because they are too busy celebrating Rodgers come from behind heroics.

The people that have been critical of Baker have been so because they saw this coming. No wins against quality opponents (except the Bengals who he appears to own). No chance to win when he doesn't have a complete roster around him. No ability to make clutch plays or come from behind. No ability to raise the level of play of those around him. Talking heads, former players, actually laughing at him on sports talk shows.

Stefanski has been meh. Woods has been atrocious. But Baker has to own his own warts. He's a bottom quartile QB. Us fans deserve better. And Baker doesn't deserve all this loyalty you and others show just because he's been the best of the worst since the return.

Legend
Legend
j/c

Lots of talk about how good LAR are this year. Poised to host their own SB.
I see they're having the same kind of game tonight that CLE had yesterday.

Nobody in his right mind thinks that the Rams aren't better than this game.
We shouldn't think the Browns aren't better than yesterday, either.

just sayin'

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: bugs, EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Week 10 and coaching staff still searching for answers.

Is it me or do we here the exact same thing after any loss?

That's just KS doing his thing. I agree it's already gotten really old, but I disagree that this is his actual answer to the question... just his coach-speak to the media.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
I don't know how much of a problem OBJ was but he wasn't proving to be a part of the solution either.

And that's a very accurate description. None of the posters on this board know how much of, if any problem OBJ was at all. But the evidence is clear he wasn't the solution.

As for Baker. I've seen him take far too much criticism in games that really were more of a team loss. I've also seen too many excuses made for him when he has performed terribly. To me it's a mixed bag in that department. I've seen "good Baker" and I've seen "bad Baker". It doesn't seem like a lack of talent is the problem. It seems to be more of an issue of him being able to mentally harness that talent in terms of execution on a consistent basis. He's over half way into his fourth season.

As of now, it doesn't appear he has the ability to perform on enough of a consistent basis to take us where we want to go. Hopefully I'll see evidence I'm wrong about that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Patriots 45 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard