Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Where did you see me say we should replace Baker? I'm simply saying that we don't quite know one way or the other what we have in him at this moment in time and I think the FO will let year five at least begin to play itself out before making a long term commitment and 100 million dollars to him.

Let me ask you this, with the way Baker is playing, would you commit 100 million in future cap space in a long term deal with him right now?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
No I wouldn't.

Legend
Legend
This is Baker's fourth year. And no matter how you slice it, Baker is who he is now. Either you haven't been following what I've been saying or I've done a poor job in communicating it. Either way, what I'm saying is we don't know what Baker is.
So just for clarity, we know who he is now... but at the same time, we don't know what Baker is...

Got it.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
We know who he is at this point in time. We know who he was last year. We don't know what the final product will be. I hope now you "got it".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
This is Baker's fourth year. And no matter how you slice it, Baker is who he is now. Either you haven't been following what I've been saying or I've done a poor job in communicating it. Either way, what I'm saying is we don't know what Baker is.
So just for clarity, we know who he is now... but at the same time, we don't know what Baker is...

Got it.

Somewhere between the perpetually moving goal posts is a straw man convinced that the "issue" of a lack of clarity is the fault of everyone ELSE but the straw man.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And what clarity do you have in regards to signing Baker Mayfield to a long term contract based upon what you've seen this season? Oh that's right, you're not here in this thread to actually contribute to the topic. How quickly I had forgotten.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I won't be even remotely involved in whether someone else decides to re-sign Baker...I imagine you won't find clarity in that either.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I know you're joking, but I think this is the most accurate portrayal of where we're at.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sure you understand that this is a message board where we all post our opinions. Over the next year a final decision will have to be made on whether Baker gets a long term contract here or not. Nobody posting on this board is actually involved in "whether someone else decides to re-sign Baker" or not. Just like every other player on the roster. Yet we have debates and threads about those players as well all of the time. I think it's fine if you wish not to be involved replying to the topic. But just popping in to make snarky personal comments instead shows your intent is not to stay out of the topic, but rather make a comment of a personal nature with nothing of substance to add.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
My take is this. All the injuries to baker have pretty much taken away the play action roll out we used so much last season. Also, stefanski playcalling has become so predictable. How many times when the game is close or tied have we seen us with 1st and 10 come out in a shotgun and empty backfield? How many times have we seen the other team score and stefanski basically panic and abandon the run game and become pass happy? Stefanskis arrogance and refusal to hand over playcalling to pelt will he a major reason we dont make the playoffs. Of course joe woods will also be a big reason but that's another topic

slick has a damn good point...the Browns offense is based on "the play action pass"...did Baker change that critical factor of the offense?

Let's hear it...it's Baker's fault that defenses no longer honor the Browns play action principal, correct?...speak up everyone...Baker's fault, right?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I'll be here awhile, so let's hear it, folks!

Listen to espn and they will sure tell you, for sure, it is all Baker's fault...but not a one of those ESPN TALKING HEADS even mentioned the "REASON" that slick mentioned...that with our running game not being a consistent threat like it was last season, the entire offense is less potent.

It's Baker who panicked and made the decision to abandon the play action pass, RIGHT?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
So Baker can only succeed in a play action offense? For some reason I think you believe that's a strong point.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So you can only post when you are snarky and condescending, I suppose you think that is your strong point.

Baker isn't just good when play action is utilized correctly, he becomes lethal. But as long as he isn't good at whatever you think he should be good at you will be happy.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Keep in mind who you replied to. he looks for arguments. He thrives on them. Just a heads up for you.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is known.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield Part IV A New Hope

Link Copied to Clipboard