Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Mayfield is done as our QB!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Glad we won. It was ugly as hell but we won and kept ourselves alive in the playoff race.

Lots to critique but hey, the Steelers tied them, and we beat them. It’s whatever.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
E
Legend
Legend
E
It wasnt pretty, but its a win.

Please heal up Baker.

No Craps Given
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
As I said in the prediction thread. If we win, it will be one of those wins that feels more like a loss

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I don’t see how Baker can start next week.

Legend
Legend
Not making excuses for this putrid performance, but despite their record....Detroit has made more than a few teams look bad this year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: SuperBrown, Clemdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looking at our schedule, we just got our last win of the season.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I don’t see how Baker can start next week.
Me either, but he will.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can't remember the last time see the I was this upset after a win .. Ski is not putting his Offence in positions to be affective... Berry has to see that .. Either I vastly over rated the talent on this team or there is an OC problem .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's a "W" and not a "L"... it's keeping the Browns in the hunt and that alone is BIG !! We all want a post season got to win the ugly ones and they did !

Legend
Legend
The end was exciting and of course I'm glad we won.

Game ball to Nick Chubb - and Baker should hand it to him.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Mayfield is done as our QB!
.wanna bet! That would mean he's not playing again and he'll be there next week

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
At least our D got some affirmation in their play today. Yes, I know it was Detroit, but they ran all over Pittsburgh last week. And Goff only had 114 yards passing last week too. AND that montage on tv showed a LOT of losses by last second field goals...so I think we tend to sell Detroit short because of their won/loss record.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
It's a "W" and not a "L"... it's keeping the Browns in the hunt and that alone is BIG !! We all want a post season got to win the ugly ones and they did !
yeah wonder if the Ravens fans complained when they beat the Lions with help from the refs and a miracle FG?

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
1 member likes this: ThomasE
Legend
Legend
Ugly... glad we won... glad Chubb was back... hope Baker can get healthy... defense and Chubb get game ball...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So based upon that game that is your take?

Just the fact that Baker played is an accomplishment.

The receiver position? We were loaded up today. Jarvis is on one leg. DPJ out. Higgins slow. Schwartz not that he adds much anyway - out.

Bradley his first game. Hooper hands.

What a keen eye.

1 member likes this: CBFAN19
P
Legend
Legend
P
Defense played a very good game overall;

10 Points Usually Gets You A Win:

Pass Defense was very Good 15-23 77 Yards 2 Picks

Run Defense Not So Much 23 Carries 168 Yards 7.3 YPC

Chubb is a Beast 22 Carries 130 Yards 5.9 YPC

I am Frustrated Watching Baker Play Injured (I Love Baker) But Enough!!

I am Frustrated Watching Stefanski take Chubb Out Every Time He Gets Hot

We Won Go Browns 6-5 We Can Beat the Rats They have Been Lucky All Year ... Make It 7-5 Before Our Bye smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We are an average Football Team.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
B
1st String
1st String
B
well, I'm happy we won, but concerned that we struggled against an 0'fer team. I know it's injuries upon injuries tha have hurt this team, when healthy they can play with and beat any team. They will need to play a bit better to win in Baltimore though. imo Chubb looked good, need to get Higgins the ball more, he makes good catches. The OL needs to stop with all the stupid penalties. The D needs to really get a grip on stopping the run, yikes. Any win is a good win, but I am concerned with Baker playing so hurt.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Baker continuing to play hurt makes it so much tougher to evaluate which Baker Mayfield is the real Baker Mayfield.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DaveyD

If you don't like go root for someone else there is lock on the door ... smh

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Any team can beat the Lions .its been.proven all.year.
Baker has peaked as a QB . And.his fan club needs to face the facts on that
If this team makes the playoffs it wont matter cause it will be a one and done

O
Legend
Legend
O
The guy is beat to death and you couch QBs all just wanna pile on... When you find somebody better than Baker to play QB on our roster we can talk, until then you are just making noise, useless noise.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
3 members like this: Hammer, mamuhmia, Dawg Citizen
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Originally Posted by DaveyD

If you don't like go root for someone else there is lock on the door ... smh

We are our record.

I am a life long Browns fan for 48 years who was born outside of Cleveland. I have earned the right to criticize. I don't need your approval to be a fan or not. Move along.

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by waterdawg
Can't remember the last time see the I was this upset after a win .. Ski is not putting his Offence in positions to be affective... Berry has to see that .. Either I vastly over rated the talent on this team or there is an OC problem .

I hear what you are saying, but I have to disagree. Mayfeild missed wide open receivers all game. Many were easy throws with guys open. He is hurt, or he just can't make the play, at this point,
I'm not sure. As for the defense, Detroit has not won, but they are always in games. The third quarter, was the epiyome of this season. You have a team down, and the defense lets the opposing team, run wild. High tackles, going for the strip instead of the tackle. I will say it again, Johnson III, is not that good. He has missed many tackles week after week, today was no exception.

Another thing that bothers me. I know jumping offsides is a stupid move, but if a Brown's player, sans Myles, does it, they immediately run to the sidelines. Many times this results in replacing a better player with someone less. This constant rotation, IMO, is getting a little too much. When players are making plays, their adrenaline is pumping. But it seems that, when this happens, many times they are pulled for rotation. When you beat your man, it gives you confidence that you can do it again. If this happens, it is also on the opposing players mind too. To be beat consistently by the same guy is disheartening at the least, and can make you react a little slower. Pulling McDowell, when he is tuned up, is, IMO a mistake.

Bradley showed to the ability to get separation, that is a plus.

All in all, it's a win. The next five weeks will decide this team's fate. Any loss in this period, marks the end of the play off run.

If, I'm Stephanski, I consider sitting Baker next week. Not that Keenum is better, but with the bye coming, give the kid time to heal up. I say this thinking that maybe the injuries are affecting him, thus causing his poor play. Time will teel.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
I take a win, however we get it. A loss would have been devastating to our playoff hopes and how lucky have the Ravens been this season?)
I knew Detroit was not going to be an easy out.

I like Arrington as a color guy, first time I heard him.... and I thought he was entertaining with the way he describes stuff.

Chubb down the stretch, so punishing, clutch when we needed him to be. I am so glad we locked him up. Our MVP.

D played solid although the Lions aren’t a scary offence at all.

Baker Mayfield. Lord, what the hell? Two bad picks, other times made elite-level throws. Too inconsistent. If it’s injures that are hampering him - and I’m not sure to what extent they’re hindering him - but they sure don’t help - then maybe Case should start next week and give Baker three weeks to heal. But the guy toughs it out, gotta give him that much.

I saw 84 make a nice catch and said to my buddy, “who is he?” Our WR corps is gutted right now, DPJ gotta get back next week, Hunt as well.

Love Teller, but can he learn some technique in pass pro, please? All the penalties we are getting just ticks me off.

Next Sunday night is likely the season for us, IMO. We have to win in Baltimore, but they’re beatable.

Last edited by lampdogg; 11/21/21 06:03 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Ugliest win I can remember. Detroit sucks. They kinda just muck it up and make it awkward.

Baker is cooked right now. Injuries and poor play have marred his season.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
It was a struggle but we won.
Detroit is not as bad as their record. Gave us a fight.
Baker is tough as nails.
We won because of Chubb and our defense.

GO BROWNS!

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
What’s the point of Case Keenum if he can’t play in that game?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
The guy is beat to death and you couch QBs all just wanna pile on... When you find somebody better than Baker to play QB on our roster we can talk, until then you are just making noise, useless noise.

Yea, Baker is so beat up it's amazing he's even playing at all.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Dan Campbell was so conservative that it made me think they were trying to lose. Also, Tim Boyle made Curtis Painter look like Peyton Manning.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That's a good question. Maybe if Keenum gets reps with the first team in practice this week he will start against the Ravens? That's probably not going to happen and Baker will start next week.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'm glad Campbell was so conservative.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
I'm glad Campbell was so conservative.

Heck yeah. It basically won us the game.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Boyle is likely the worst starter any of us will ever see. And we've seen a lot of bad starters.

M
Legend
Legend
M
- Enjoyed sitting in the drizzling rain watching two bad teams attempt to play football.

- Watching this offense is stomach churning.

- The refs saved several drives today for the Browns. They needed every flag to win this one.

- Thank you Nick Chubb. You are the offense.

- Disappointed I didn't get to see Myles Garrett's token sack today. Bummer.

- Nice INT by Ward.

- Baker dodging the postgame press conference was interesting. Probably for the better.

- It's a win, certainly was not the "get right" win that was needed. Same questions still remain after this one.

- Hopefully, Lamar is still out next week or curb stomping is likely.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker was Dilferesque today. He could not hit the broad side of a barn. That is unlike him.

I am so glad Chubb was back for this game. It was the difference between a win and a loss.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Boyle is likely the worst starter any of us will ever see. And we've seen a lot of bad starters.

Why pile on with a damn tweet?

We knew he was bad before he played a snap today.

2 members like this: jfanent, bbrowns32
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
At this point, who puts us in a better position to win a game. A banged up, inconsistent/inaccurate Baker or a healthy Case Keenum?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Lions 10 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard