Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Pretty sure that I will never refer to the Indians as anything other than the Indians.. Absolutely sure I will never buy one stitch of clothing with the new name on it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: Southwestdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is going to be interesting to watch Dolan ty and sell this !

Dave #1904918 11/21/21 03:46 PM
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Cleveland Guardians
Will any of you say it now
Crocodile tears

Last edited by RocketOptimist; 11/21/21 03:47 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Have season tickets
Guardians are my home team
Nobody crying

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! I can't imagine anything worse than cheering "Go Guardians!"

Pathetic.

Thank God the Braves are still the Braves, tomahawk chop and all!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Dave #1905468 11/22/21 04:14 PM
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Yankees cut OF Clint Frazier. I wouldn't mind Cleveland signing him. Definitely need help at both corner OF spots.

Last edited by Dave; 11/22/21 04:22 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked Harold .. Better than Zimmer or Mercado ..

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Pathetic.

I'm so glad maintaining your heritage means so much to you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Pathetic.

I'm so glad maintaining your heritage means so much to you.

probably a chiefs fan

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
Yankees cut OF Clint Frazier. I wouldn't mind Cleveland signing him. Definitely need help at both corner OF spots.

Wow, he sure dropped in value quickly.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
According to former Indians pitcher Greg Swindell, Jones died of complications from CO-VID 19.

Cleveland Guardians mourn the loss of former All-Star pitcher Doug Jones
https://www.wkbn.com/sports/guardians-mourn-the-loss-of-former-all-star-pitcher/

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WKBN) – Former Cleveland Indians’ All-Star closer Doug Jones has died from complications due to COVID-19. He was 64.

His former Cleveland teammate Greg Swindell announced the news on Twitter on Monday.

Jones spent seven of his 16 seasons in the Major Leagues with Cleveland (1986-91, 1998). He ranks third all-time in saves with 129. He was a member of the club’s Top 100 roster, celebrated in 2001. He was a three-time All-Star in Cleveland.

During his career, Jones also pitched for the Astros, Brewers, Athletics, Phillies, Cubs, and Orioles.

He pitched sixteen years in the Major Leagues, with a total of five All-Star appearances. He amassed 303 saves in his career.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Very sorry to read this. He was a mainstay at closer for the Indians for a long time. Rest in peace, Doug Jones.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
If "divided" means 13-3 in favor of, then yes.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
I thought the same thing.. Make it read like Cleveland City Council was really torn over this one.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Cash infusion.

Sportico
@Sportico
BREAKING: David Blitzer, part-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils, is nearing a deal to acquire a significant minority stake in the @CleGuardians

https://wp.me/pc2RuA-1lyt6b

https://twitter.com/Sportico/status/1472987601040642049

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Cash infusion.

Sportico
@Sportico
BREAKING: David Blitzer, part-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils, is nearing a deal to acquire a significant minority stake in the @CleGuardians

https://wp.me/pc2RuA-1lyt6b

https://twitter.com/Sportico/status/1472987601040642049

Heard on the sports talk radio here in Columbus this morning, that this deal is for a transition to majority owner in a few years.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

We drove in for the Browns game and I'm sorry, but Jacobs Field looked terrible. The new "Guardians" sign is pathetic. The outer concourse looked dirty and worn down. I told my daughter that at one point in time, that facility was one of the most sought after destinations in our part of the country. -- She couldn't believe me. I think it's only a matter of time before this ball club leaves for Charlotte. Honestly, I'd rather see them bow out with their honor intact rather than do what their trying to do now. - Force a name change that clearly isn't going to be supported and is insulting to the people who supported the team through the years. I'll never spend a dime on this nonsense. A few of my buddies already cancelled their season tickets - and they were legacies given to them from their families from the late 1970's. As for the facility, maybe we can get the Yankees or Reds farm team? Or maybe turn it into a year-round venue for miscellaneous family activities?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Honestly, I'd rather see them bow out with their honor intact rather than do what their trying to do now. - Force a name change that clearly isn't going to be supported and is insulting to the people who supported the team through the years.

#snowflakes

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I don't like the name change, but I'm still a fan of the franchise. However, I certainly wouldn't call fans more upset than me "snowflakes" any more than I would call Browns' fans in 1995 snowflakes for fighting so hard to keep our name and colors in Cleveland ... because its part of our history.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Honestly, I'd rather see them bow out with their honor intact rather than do what their trying to do now. - Force a name change that clearly isn't going to be supported and is insulting to the people who supported the team through the years.

#snowflakes

rofl
I see you're still doing what you do: ruin threads, post nothing about the topic, and malign other posters.

If that's what he saw, and feels, that's how it is for him.

As to the topic, not many care for the name change. That is their thoughts and feelings.

Nice sig, by the way. If you're going to post YOUR thoughts on a public message board, don't you think others can post theirs in reply to you?

P
Legend
Legend
P
This isn't a football forum because I'm not going to trash a football forum. But nice try. People can post anything they want just as I can reply to anything I want. That's how message boards work. Glad you like the new sig.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
This isn't a football forum because I'm not going to trash a football forum.
But, you do that also. Nice attempt at "well, I'll trash other forums" though. But nice try.
People can post anything they want just as I can reply to anything I want. That's how message boards work. Glad you like the new sig.

Amazing. But I don't think you get it.

Check out my sig. Oh, I don't have one. I have class.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dave
I don't like the name change, but I'm still a fan of the franchise. However, I certainly wouldn't call fans more upset than me "snowflakes" any more than I would call Browns' fans in 1995 snowflakes for fighting so hard to keep our name and colors in Cleveland ... because its part of our history.

I agree. Maybe some day I will come around but at this point I can't. My team was the tribe. They are no more. I no longer have a baseball team.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Well I love the change and I still love the team.

Especially since the guardians is actually a local representation of cleveland, due to the fact when you drive downtown from the west side, you can see the guardian that greets you from the highway.

But I guess racist symbolism matters more to some people than actual representation of the city. Sad, but not surprising.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Swish

Especially since the guardians is actually a local representation of cleveland, due to the fact when you drive downtown from the west side, you can see the guardian that greets you from the highway.

But I guess racist symbolism matters more to some people than actual representation of the city. Sad, but not surprising.

You do realize that the name Indians came about to honor the first native American baseball player in the major leagues. Sockalexis who played for the Cleveland Spiders.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by Swish

You do realize that the name Indians came about to honor the first native American baseball player in the major leagues. Sockalexis who played for the Cleveland Spiders.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb...motion-removal/jgmzjuy2j5g41uozaz6alcihy

You still believing in this nonsense mythology is about the same as people believing the mythology around pilgrims and America.

Indigenous tribes celebrated the name change. The plain dealer, who helped come up with the name with racist cartoons in the paper, celebrated the name change.

The team kept changing its name over and over again. Fans and newspapers would say racist things about our first American Indian player over his declining play and alcoholism. He only played for this team for 3 years.

But once again, people cant - DONT - seem to acknowledge real history, and instead rather believe some fairy tale about something like team names and logos.

Please educate yourself. It’s beyond tiring have to debunk nonsense from people who won’t even bother looking up the real history of, well, anything.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
But I get it. It’s not racist. Chanting “scalp him” and doing Indian dances every time he made a bad play. Then creating a logo with a red face logo.

By that logic, let’s rename the Indians the cleveland rednecks. We can make the logo a pasty white guy with a MAGA hat on, and every time somebody on the team played like crap, we can make chants about white guy commiting suicide and and dance around with a klan hat.

Thats fine, right?

Or the cleveland crackers. The logo can be some pasty dude with a whip.

By your logic, those would be perfectly acceptable.

Oh, and FYI, you do know what natives were called Indians right? You think they called themselves Indians prior to the Europeans coming over?

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Wrong forum. Besides, its been decided. They aren't the Indians anymore.

Refs, please lock this thread. If someone wants to start a "Guardians 2022" thread, feel free.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians 2021 Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard