Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Stefanski was ridiculously out coached again.

Someone needs to hold these coaches accountable.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I don't want to hear a damn thing bad about Baker.

why? he was part of the problem the entire game with the O. he's the QB. hes gets the blame like everybody else on O

Baker played decent, but you never got the feeling it would be enough. Like he really had command of what was going on and could make a play that raises the level of his teammates. He just runs the play. Plays incredibly slow mentally and really brings no dynamic-ness to the offense. He's just a name. Just a random player on the chess board.

You never got a feeling at all that the Ravens were worried about him.
A lot of Baker's passes were high because he couldn't step into the throws because of injuries. Also, the Bowns don't have a playmaking receiver that can stretch the field.

well, we did have one...

Ironically enough, the Browns could use the Josh Gordon that was with them when Weeden was the QB on this team. That would make a HUGE difference offensively.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 11/29/21 12:46 AM.
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Crowded the line and had the safety/Lb up all night
How can an offense not make adjustments?
Difference In the game imo
The defense played a great game

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
This offense was horrid

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, it's that time of the season; discussing who we should be drafting next April.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Ravens D was in an 8 man front all game and Browns offense had no answer for it.

The Patriots exposed the Browns. If you stop Chubb, you stop the Browns offense. If Mayfield can't make plays in the passing game to potentially open up the running game to make teams pay for stacking the box, then Andrew Berry needs to strongly consider looking at getting another QB. And you can say he's injured all you want - at some point, if you're injured to the point where you're a detriment to your team and can't help them to win, then you don't need to be playing. Period.
I agree.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Well, it's that time of the season; discussing who we should be drafting next April.

A dynamic #1 WR. Depth. A veteran starting QB if you're not going to use Keenum this year to potentially sneak into the playoffs.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by The Beast
Ravens D was in an 8 man front all game and Browns offense had no answer for it.
That's on Stefanski. I doubt he changes anything for the next game against this SAME scheme. Dumbass. SMH
s

They threw up a stat midway thru 4th Q... Said 8 men in the box on 14% of plays unless I missed it.

Tough loss. Biggest takeaway is that other than a couple of early passes our receivers get zero separation... Even on competition there are guys draped over them.

I agree with leadtheway... If you're a running tram, run it even when it's 2 yards a pop
... Losing conklin hurts real bad

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Playmaking receivers with speed who can catch and stretch the field.

T
Legend
Legend
T
How was this game that much different than the Browns win over the Bengals where the Browns scored 45 and the other team scored I forget how much.

Not much different except for the ints weren't for scores,
and the offense didn't, must not have done as much running the ball.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

I'd argue that a WR with size and decent speed would be preferable. Like Drake London from USC. 6'5".

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by The Beast
That's on Stefanski. I doubt he changes anything for the next game against this SAME scheme. Dumbass. SMH
s

They threw up a stat midway thru 4th Q... Said 8 men in the box on 14% of plays unless I missed it.

Tough loss. Biggest takeaway is that other than a couple of early passes our receivers get zero separation... Even on competition there are guys draped over them.

I agree with leadtheway... If you're a running tram, run it even when it's 2 yards a pop
... Losing conklin hurts real bad
I think it was more than 14%. Baltimore's game plan was to stop the run and make the Browns pass.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

I'd argue that a WR with size and decent speed would be preferable. Like Drake London from USC. 6'5".
I was thinking one of the receivers from Ohio State.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DogNDC
At what point in the Baker era has he led this team down the field for the win?? Again, most of this is on Kevin but Baker cannot be paid like a top tier QB because its not like we can put the team on his back. Our offense stalls when we cannot run and every team in the NFL sees this. I put most of this on Kevin but Baker is not THAT QB!! He is just a system QB

You don't seem smarter than the FO…

I'll ride with 6.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
A lot of Baker's passes were high because he couldn't step into the throws because of injuries. Also, the Bowns don't have a playmaking receiver that can stretch the field.

well, we did have one...

Who would that be? Odell? Yep, he could have been out there running his own off script routes, pretending he's getting open, and throwing his QB under the bus. He was a has been here. Didn't do squat.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This loss was entirely on Stefanski. You have your QB getting rushed by 6 people while sending out 3 TE's being defended by DB's they can't get separation from. Who in the hell ever heard of an offense playing 1 WR? Until Stefanski gets fired or we get an offensive coordinator to call the game we can expect the same every game. There's no QB in the NFL that can have 6 people rushing him every play and expect success with only 1 WR and 3 TE's all dropping passes. Book on the Browns - rush 6 and stack the box because the receivers can't beat you and the coach cannot or won't adjust.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't make your QB a game control QB and then expect him to suddenly throw 35 times to receivers who are only used to being targeted 3 times a game. When the play action is dead, the Browns receivers are incapable of getting separation. Hell the Ravens didn't even need safeties against the Browns - Baker only had enough time to throw 5-10 yard passes and his receivers either didn't have separation or dropped the ball. This loss is all on Stefanski again!

Look, having a dominate running game is awesome until you can't run. Then you have to adjust - something the Browns have failed to do this entire season and that's on Stefanski - PERIOD!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Dawg Citizen
T
Legend
Legend
T
I really thought the Offense and the passing game was about to take flight
After they were able to get that touchdown to Njoku, before the 3rd quarter ended.

What happened to Rashard Higgins,?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

well, we did have one...

Who would that be? Odell? Yep, he could have been out there running his own off script routes, pretending he's getting open, and throwing his QB under the bus. He was a has been here. Didn't do squat.

except he was atleast a decoy. defenses had to respect him.

now we dont even have that....

but i get it. it will always be someone else's fault when it comes to baker.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
All Pro
All Pro
S

well, we did have one...

except he was atleast a decoy. defenses had to respect him.

now we dont even have that....

but i get it. it will always be someone else's fault when it comes to baker.

That decoy the Rams have helped them get at least 1 TD today.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by steve0255
This loss was entirely on Stefanski. You have your QB getting rushed by 6 people while sending out 3 TE's being defended by DB's they can't get separation from. Who in the hell ever heard of an offense playing 1 WR? Until Stefanski gets fired or we get an offensive coordinator to call the game we can expect the same every game. There's no QB in the NFL that can have 6 people rushing him every play and expect success with only 1 WR and 3 TE's all dropping passes. Book on the Browns - rush 6 and stack the box because the receivers can't beat you and the coach cannot or won't adjust.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't make your QB a game control QB and then expect him to suddenly throw 35 times to receivers who are only used to being targeted 3 times a game. When the play action is dead, the Browns receivers are incapable of getting separation. Hell the Ravens didn't even need safeties against the Browns - Baker only had enough time to throw 5-10 yard passes and his receivers either didn't have separation or dropped the ball. This loss is all on Stefanski again!

Look, having a dominate running game is awesome until you can't run. Then you have to adjust - something the Browns have failed to do this entire season and that's on Stefanski - PERIOD!
Great post!

T
Legend
Legend
T

How would a simple decision of "not waiving but just benching" OBJ have effected this. Oh Well. Browns~ ~ ~

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DogNDC
At what point in the Baker era has he led this team down the field for the win?? Again, most of this is on Kevin but Baker cannot be paid like a top tier QB because its not like we can put the team on his back. Our offense stalls when we cannot run and every team in the NFL sees this. I put most of this on Kevin but Baker is not THAT QB!! He is just a system QB
Not sure I completely understand this... I mean, if Baker is the horse and you are supposed to put the team on his back.. then Stefanski is the jockey that is yanking on the reins...

If you put most of it on Stefanski, then how do we know that Baker can only be a "system QB"?

Baker has 7 game winning drives to his credit.... 4 of them in 2018 (more than half of them when he was a rookie), 1 in 2019, and 2 in the first half of 2020... none since week 7 last year.. So maybe he just forgot how to play late in the game.. or......

yebat' Putin
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 16 Gameday at Baltimore

Link Copied to Clipboard