Print Thread
#1907703 12/01/21 07:59 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
We were at their field and lost another close game...friggen horse shoes I'm sure we are all tired of Horse Shoes.

Big difference of the game was Lamar just throwing up a bomb no where near the Receiver and their guy going up for it locating the ball and catching it - Andrews is so so good. I was flabbergasted at the gushing praise for Lamar on throwing hail mary's in the middle of the game to no one accurately just up there a pop up...Oh did you see that throw remarked Collingsworth he threw that off his back foot hmmm so freaking what as if that was some sort of virtue or something. Unfortunately for us it worked more than it hurt them.

Our defense played great outside of those bombs.

Meanwhile Baker i know all wish to rag on him but just who does he throw the ball up to??? Njoku...he has specs on paper but last two years he hasn't shown his hops for the ball. Hunts dad is complaining that Baker is too conservative (afraid) I agree but this is the QB Ski created He had a QB and instead of taking his positive traits and working with it he has created a round peg in a square hole situation. This is who Baker has become...don't throw and INT dont throw an INT!!! that has been put in him but he use to be a pretty good gunslinger but not any more and all this crap about look at the weapons he has from the media is a lot of hooey I see average across the board - Jarvis runs routes and when happy will catch the ball but nothing great just average stuff. TEs just average proobably the best one out there is Harrison but after his 2 fumbles from last year he has been very scared in going all out but we are seeing some signs of him doing so. Hooper is just OK. Higgins, DPJones are just ok DPJ when healthy has some game.
Chubb Hunt best duo of RBs but Hunt has to get back in the game. Baker, time to take the shackles off the kid as we are ruining him.

JOK is defensive MVP material oh Garrett will get his one sack a game but JOK his explosion is the best from a LB on our team and is an impact player. I saw another difference...we got a FG kicker that is not dependable and they got the best kicker of maybe all time who never misses. Statistically we won that game in all areas but possibly not in penalties - we had a good pass rush that had us chasing Lamar around and then he would throw those hail mary's and the kid went to church cause as stated before that was their offense...and he got away with it although 16 points given up we should win the game.

Time to heal up - tough to win one in Baltimore but next up is home game. Lets see a different result hopefully we won't quit on the team Right now they are in a fragile state of mind and the media are like vultures trying to make anything out of nothing cause as much as they LOVE the Ravens they hate us...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: OrangeHelmet
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I saw our defensive stud give love on the field to our nemesis right after a BS hail mary-type TD pass...at the exact same time...I saw Clowney slam his helmet to the ground in disgust/frustration. What other defensive "leader" have you ever seen lovingly head-bump the opposing, QB ON THE FIELD after giving up a TD? The face of our defense...making nice with the other team's QB...having the camera on him playing catch in pre-game warmup...thankfully NOT with the opposing QB. So good...and so over-rated. Send me a letter when he impacts a game like TJ Watt, Bosa, Bosa, Crosby, etc.

I saw a defense hell-bent on stopping our running game...while we lined up everyone within reach of each other on the line of scrimmage but for (1) "WR" either wide or in the slot. I mean...what could go wrong there? Looked like a 3rd grade soccer game with all the kids bunched up near the ball.

I saw (2) practice squad receivers active for game day, (1) injured, growing 6th Rd flyer and Landry. Our gazillion $$$ TE had ZERO catches...I heard Collinsworth state...was it actually TWICE...that Njoku is our deep threat. Weapons. rolleyes

I saw our RT get hurt again and the OLine pass pro became a Forrest Gump box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get.

I saw Chubb and Hunt combine for less than 20 carries and only (2) catches. Our only true weapons.

I saw our HC put one of our weapon-WRs at QB...watched that guy hold the ball forever because no one can get any separation (welcome to Baker's world)...and then fumble. In field goal range mind you.

I saw 5-6 dropped catches...at least (3) on 3rd down and one inside the opponent's (10) yard line.

I saw a defense play well against a good team but for two total boneheaded moves/misses.

I saw a rookie LB look like the best player on our defense...again. There is the leader we need...not the guy giving out cuddles on the field after getting beat.

I see Wali Ranier, D'Quell Jackson and countless other awful Browns MLBs every time I watch Walker not make a play or make one after the 1st down marker.

I saw a HC stymied by the chess game once again.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO...nothing in your post that I'm going to disagree with.

We are beginning to see personnel moves that make no sense at all, which leads me to believe that others are involved about who is on the field and who is not.

At the most critical point of the game, with time running out on the Browns last chance to possibly pull out a win...SOMEONE DECIDED to put the #3 running back
into the game, leaving the Browns most dangerous RB, Chubb and our #2 RB Hunt standing on the sidelines and watching...worth noting, both #1 and #2 rbs can catch the ball and Hunt is the best RB to help protect the QB.

So, it is a legit question to ask...WHAT THE HELL WAS D'ERNEST DOING IN THE GAME and WHO DECIDED TO PLAY HIM AND NOT CHUBB OR HUNT?

Another questionable play that leads me to ask again, WHO IS MAKING THE CALL AS TO WHICH PLAYERS ARE BEING PLAYED AT CRITICAL TIMES.
...3rd qtr..Rats score TD going up 13-3...
...Browns receive kick off..take over at 35 yd line, Mayfield pass to Chubb, short left for 16 yds.
...Mayfield pass to DPJ, short middle for 6 yds.
...Chubb run left for -1 yd.
...3rd down and 5yds needed for a 1st down (at 8:07 mark) with the ball on the Browns 46 yd line. CHUBB OUT, D.Felton in at RB.
...Felton flanks out on left..Mayfield pass to Felton for 1st down yardage...Felton drops the ball...Browns forced to punt from 46 yd line.
...REPLAY SHOWS Felton takes his eye off of Mayfield's pass that ends up hitting Felton right in the chest..BUT FELTON IS WATCHING THE RAT #44 who is about to tackle Felton.

WHAT THE FUDGE ARE THE BROWNS DOING PLAYING ROOKIES AND LESS EXPERIENCED PLAYERS AT CRITICAL TIMES IN MUST WIN GAMES???

Another question, Higgins was a healthy scratch in favor of ??? Higgins has been a favorite target for Mayfield over the past two years but in this critical game, Higgins didn't see the field...WHY...SOMEONE TELL ME WHY?

Is it the draft boys trying to analyise their personnel choices of 2021, planning for the next draft?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
1 member likes this: OrangeHelmet
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I saw a team where some of the players were starstruck by being on the same field
As Lamar Jackson.
The WR core is so porous but thats the reflection of Moneyball Depodesta.
This front office will never shell out big $$$ for a WR in FA or draft one high
It's the worst WR code in the AFC.The Ravens pass defense as been sketchy
All year ( rewatch JaMarr Chase slice and dice them) year the Stefanski
Couldnt take advantage of that.

The 3-TE 13 personal only works if the offense can get a lead on the defense
It's not a come from behind offense

The Ravens wanted it more than the Browns.
The Browns have a roster more about themselves than team play.
The Ravens are hungier, better coached, better schemes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe Stefanski will figure out that those 3 TE sets are easier to defend.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

At the most critical point of the game, with time running out on the Browns last chance to possibly pull out a win...SOMEONE DECIDED to put the #3 running back
into the game, leaving the Browns most dangerous RB, Chubb and our #2 RB Hunt standing on the sidelines and watching...worth noting, both #1 and #2 rbs can catch the ball and Hunt is the best RB to help protect the QB.

So, it is a legit question to ask...WHAT THE HELL WAS D'ERNEST DOING IN THE GAME and WHO DECIDED TO PLAY HIM AND NOT CHUBB OR HUNT?

Stefanski addressed this in his press conference. Hunt is the primary RB in their two minute offense. Stefanski stated Hunt's calf tightened during the game (the same calf that was previously injured) and was unable to go in. D'Ernest Johnson is the back-up RB in the two-minute offense, hence why he was in the game at that time.

Legend
Legend
I emphatically disagree that this had anything to do with the Ravens wanting it more. There was no issue with the Browns effort in this game, the issue was game plan and execution, specifically by the offense.

For as bad as Baker Mayfield played, he still outplayed Lamar Jackson over most of the game. Butfer Lamar's heave hail mary when the guy made a one handed catch while getting dragged to the ground, and the 12 yard TD pass he threw from the 36 yard line while getting his hand hit.. Lamar stunk it up all night. We prevented him from running wild on us but he still had some very crucial runs that extended drives..

Our FG kicker missed a makeable FG and their kicker never misses... and we had 2 fumbles right on the edge of scoring territory, one was Stefanski's fault for using Landry as a pocket passer, the other was Baker's fault for just dropping the ball while backpedaling and waiting for the screen pass to come open.. and it was coming open and should have been a real nice gain. Throw in our inability to adapt and do anything about their 8 men in the box defense.. and there you go.

So yes, they were better coached but they weren't hungrier...

yebat' Putin
2 members like this: Hammer, OrangeHelmet
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pretty much what Wille said !

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by mac

Stefanski addressed this in his press conference. Hunt is the primary RB in their two minute offense. Stefanski stated Hunt's calf tightened during the game (the same calf that was previously injured) and was unable to go in. D'Ernest Johnson is the back-up RB in the two-minute offense, hence why he was in the game at that time.

milk... problem with Stefanski explanation...

...vs Detroit...4th qtr @ 2:29 mark-Chubb 4 runs in a row for 1st/10 @ the 1:54 mark...Johnson replaces Chubb
.................@ 1:45 mark-Johnson runs 2 times for 8 yds  @ 1:39...with 3rd down 2 yds to go for 1st down..Chubb replaces Johnson.
.................@ 1:34- Chubb runs on 3rd/2 yds...gaining 3 yds for 1st down @ Det 39...Mayfield, victory formation, kneels twice..game over

The Detroit game was a good example of using your best players at the most critical time in the game. Also, with Hunt unavailable vs Detroit, Stefanski had no issue with replacing Johnson with his best RB, Chubb to give the Browns the best chance to make the critical 1st down, insuring the win.

Against the Ravens, Hunt's calf suddenly tightens up and instead of using Chubb as he did vs Detroit on the critical 3rd and 2...Chubb is not in the game in favor of Johnson. I guess Stefanski forgot that he had used Chubb to replace Johnson in the critical 3rd and 2 play and Chubb got the first down.

I just believe the Browns coaches, GM, front office analytics dept and ownership should agree that the franchise should be PUTTING THEIR BEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

NOTE TO BROWNS FRANCHISE...this is not a time to GIVE UP.

jmo...mac

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by mac

milk... problem with Stefanski explanation...

...vs Detroit...4th qtr @ 2:29 mark-Chubb 4 runs in a row for 1st/10 @ the 1:54 mark...Johnson replaces Chubb
.................@ 1:45 mark-Johnson runs 2 times for 8 yds  @ 1:39...with 3rd down 2 yds to go for 1st down..Chubb replaces Johnson.
.................@ 1:34- Chubb runs on 3rd/2 yds...gaining 3 yds for 1st down @ Det 39...Mayfield, victory formation, kneels twice..game over

The Detroit game was a good example of using your best players at the most critical time in the game. Also, with Hunt unavailable vs Detroit, Stefanski had no issue with replacing Johnson with his best RB, Chubb to give the Browns the best chance to make the critical 1st down, insuring the win.

Against the Ravens, Hunt's calf suddenly tightens up and instead of using Chubb as he did vs Detroit on the critical 3rd and 2...Chubb is not in the game in favor of Johnson. I guess Stefanski forgot that he had used Chubb to replace Johnson in the critical 3rd and 2 play and Chubb got the first down.

I just believe the Browns coaches, GM, front office analytics dept and ownership should agree that the franchise should be PUTTING THEIR BEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

NOTE TO BROWNS FRANCHISE...this is not a time to GIVE UP.

jmo...mac

Ah, I see you your confusing the time remaining on the clock and what a two-minute offense is, mac. In the Detroit game, the Browns were trying to run out the clock as the Browns were leading in the game, hence Chubb being in the game. In the Ravens game, the Browns were in hurry up mode in their two-minute offense down a score trying to comeback in the game. Again, Stefanski stated Johnson is Hunt's backup in the two-minute offense.

Stefanski's explanation was just fine.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Defense - Good
Offense - Bad

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/01/21 09:21 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw a team once again take advantage of it's loyal fanbase and refuse to change things that are obvious to everyone except them.

I saw a team steal a chunk of my childhood/teen/20s and a large part of a lot of people's lives.

I saw the hope drain from everyone I know that's a Browns fan. It's not like other years. Nobody is sad or angry. It's so much worse. They've just accepted that we're cursed losers.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Ah, I see you your confusing the time remaining on the clock and what a two-minute offense is, mac. In the Detroit game, the Browns were trying to run out the clock as the Browns were leading in the game, hence Chubb being in the game. In the Ravens game, the Browns were in hurry up mode in their two-minute offense down a score trying to comeback in the game. Again, Stefanski stated Johnson is Hunt's backup in the two-minute offense.

Stefanski's explanation was just fine.

milk...twist away attempting to explain Stefanski decision to not play his best RB at the most critical moment of the game and maybe the most critical moment of the season for the Browns.

I DON'T LIKE QUITTERS !!

Stefanski, Berry, front office analytics boys and the Haslams HAVE QUIT ON THE TEAM.

When the team refuses to put the best players on the field...it's like a kick in the teeth to the players and the fans. Even one of our local papers that closely follow the Browns are questioning the Stefanski's decision to leave his best RB on the sidelines...it's not just me.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
1. Just where did Baker have a bad game...I will admit it was no where close to dynamic.

2. Collingsworthless had notes on his directive for the game - LAMAR is MVP...he was no where close to that. I heard him say how Garrett paid homage to Lamar and I'm like what!!! that bastard...then I saw the replay they through up and it was nothing of the sort - yes Clowney was frustrated and threw his helmet (a penalty not called) But I didn't see Garrett high five Lamar which was implied by Collinworthless... Our D played great and their O was centered around some Hail Mary's with no accuracy at all just far and high like that is something special.

I saw a lot of key drops by our O - fingers pointed at Baker. I see us running the kid out of town...what a bunch of jerks if that happens. Run the coaching staff out of town??? I still wish to keep them on board especially Woods but SKI seems to have a very sophmoric program and is nowhere sophisticated to get WRs open - I see us have no talent at WR - btw we spent Money on the position and it turned up duds...I mean when happy Landry is good but not great - not like a Goodwin or a Lockett. TE I see stud TE all over the league and us who is relying on TE as a key position put an overpaid hard working but very average Hooper out there. Harrison which has shown actual promise and Njoku thinks he is great but does no want to show us. Its very disappointing and yet there we were once again in a winning position to a team supposedly out of our reach and at their field...but somehow we suck? How does that happen???

Chubb Hunt and what is this crapola about the out very average RB getting key roles in our game cause they practice more as they are fresh and Chubb Hunt are beat up so somehow that makes them better game day...what the HEY!!!

RT without Conklin is a liability to our offense and that seems to be all the time...we need a better option than Hance why did we let Lamm go???

Well lets heal and win out cause we are capable of doing so and its what we got to do - 11-6 shouldn't be that bad and could have us win our division.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wasn't that hail Mary throw into the endzone to an uncovered Andrews Delpit's fault? Honest question, because someone said it was Ward's guy, but Delpit looked to be the only one doubling somebody when nobody else was.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson says he ‘looked like a rookie’ against Browns in Week 12

Robert Sobus
Thu, December 2, 2021, 7:19 AM

The Baltimore Ravens have one of the most sensational quarterbacks in the NFL in Lamar Jackson. The former first-round pick has been league-MVP, holds the record for most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single-season and has led the Ravens to success since taking over in 2018.

In a primetime matchup against the Cleveland Browns in Week 12, Jackson had one of his worst career performances despite Baltimore picking up a win by the final score of 16-10. The fourth-year signal caller ended up throwing four interceptions against his AFC North rival, marking the most he’s thrown in a game during his time in the league.

On Wednesday, Jackson told reporters how he thought he looked on “Sunday Night Football” after reviewing tape from the contest.

“Bad passes and inaccurate, underthrown passes – that’s all I’ve seen. Bad reads. I looked like a rookie. I looked like a rookie.”

Jackson also talked about how he let his performance from Week 12 fester for a few days instead of moving on instantly.

“I let it fester. I need to feel it. I need to feel that pain. That’s pain right there. The defense is making great stops, and I’m putting my defense back out there right away. It was happening right away, and I’m looking at film … It was like, they stopped them, we get back out on the field, and interception. I’m like, ‘What the?’ I’m watching the film like it’s fate. So, yes; I let it fester for a couple days, and then I let it go and get prepared for the Steelers, for my next game, whoever it is.”

The former University of Louisville star has always been one to take the blame whenever he doesn’t perform well. He’s showed his maturity on numerous occasions

Jackson and the Ravens will travel to Pittsburgh to take on another division rival in the Steelers on Sunday afternoon. This will be the first time the two teams meet this season.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns are not going 5 and 0 to.finish.the season.

Teans have figured out how to limit the Browns offense.

There is too much.disconnect on.the roster. 2 and 3 is more realistic
Somehow the Bengals have passed the Browns

1 member likes this: AZBrown
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
The Browns are not going 5 and 0 to.finish.the season.

Teans have figured out how to limit the Browns offense.

I saw that read "Texans" but later see it was surely meant as "Teams" .

Did the Texans give the blueprint on how to stop the Browns offense way back in week 2, the Browns won that game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Same old ravens.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I saw a team lose a game when they had more than ample opportunities to to thump the opponent.
I saw two offenses play utterly horribly - after the last matchup when both offenses went on scoring frenzies.
I saw the result I expected - I fully expected us to lose the first game against them and, hopefully, win the 2nd.
I saw our offense utterly unable to adapt to what their defense was doing.
I saw their QB simply make a ton of mistakes that cost his team, yet they still won. Without those mistakes (or those plays being made by our D, however you choose to view it), the game is a blowout win for them.
I saw a team get four INTs, and ZERO points from them. Did we even get any 1st downs on those INTs??
I saw that our WRs are garbage and can be taken away with mediocre 1-on-1 coverages.
I saw that we don't know what to do if we don't have eleventy-seven TEs to put on the field at one time.
I saw that Berry completely failed us when he failed to acquire a swing tackle before the trade deadline. Now, we are stuck with Hance at RT for the rest of the year and this OLine is hosed.
I saw our defense get flagged for 12-men IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A TIMEOUT THAT WE TOOK BECAUSE WE HAD 12-MEN ON THE FIELD!!
I saw our Offense still incapable of knowing where guys are supposed to line up and when; basics like WR's or TE's covering each other on the line still elude us. We need a Pee-Wee coach to come in and help this staff teach our players.
I saw what appears to be a systemic failure from the Head Coach on down lose yet another game that we should have won. Cranial Rectalysis is real.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 16 What I saw Ravens game #1

Link Copied to Clipboard