Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...eague-reportedly-hold-last-minute-talks/

News, The owners began the lockout, players won't be able to report.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/01/21 06:44 AM. Reason: remove "have"
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...o-happen-during-baseballs-work-stoppage/

Two take aways from this article.
1. Money is an issue, imagine that.
2. If the lockout extends to the season, there may be minor league games nationally televised. imagine that.

Labor disputes interest me because for years I was an Ownership is probably right in my thinking. Because Unions always do more harm, get greedy ask for too much break down the company and everybody loses.

Later, after many years, I changed to a Unions are more likely right mindset, realizing ownership often does more to ruin the good thing everybody had going. Out of laziness sometime, imagine that.

(Side note. Never trust a breaking news story from the television news, which proclaimed, the lockout had begun, and was a breaking story, 23 hours ago, breaking overnight that the lockout had begun, well, pretty much no where else had this and they didn't get back to it, as it was "about to" start, at midnight! not, the other midnight. )

This article mentions Baseball is a (?) dollars per year league. (I forget, probably 10 billion, but I remember quickly figuring, about 30 teams, and that' would be about 333 million average per club per year.
And then that would mean the least club would probably, likely still pull in 175 million per year. Likely the top clubs would figure to pull in in the 500+ - 700+ million per year. What a disparity, probably the case.

It's important to have in you head a starting point like that, because people are never going to accept something that is totally unaffordable to them.

Oh, and over time the clubs go up in value, because money is a plummeting asset, because the democrats still exist, is how I figure it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Major League Baseball begins lockout

Link Copied to Clipboard