Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1907734 12/01/21 12:30 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
After twelve weeks of football and a 500 record. It is a good time to look at roster weakness and depth.

Depth is always a concern because players get injured and depth gets tested.

I am at a point where I don't want to include Baker. The reason is the topic has been beaten to death.

IMO we know which players the team is invested in and are obviously talented. Some of this is clear fact. Some is my opinion.

Chubb, Hunt, Myles, Ward, Newsome, JOK, Bitonio, Teller, Clowney ( he has proven himself), McDowell (also has proved himself). Wills is a first round pick.
So, I will list him even as I am beginning to have doubts. DPJ is showing ability but still needs to show more impact. Delpit is really a rookie but he has shown some talent. Greedy is coming off a major setback but has played well. Jarvis is a good player but his time as a premier player maybe ending. Njoku has talent and I believe we will sign him. John Johnson and Hill were signed to contracts. Their play has been mixed. I am going to put d'Earnest here because when he plays. He delivers. Tretter is a starter and good player. Conklin is a terrific player but now injured.

There are rookies with incomplete grades. Some have played a little some hardly at all.

Schwartz, Felton, Hudson, LeCounte, Fields, Togiai,

We have others on short term deals.
Takk, Malik Jackson, Walker, Smith.

The rest of the players are on the roster are questionable. Some can be considered depth. Others have been draft picks or free agents that have had mixed results.

Phillips, Elliott, Taki, Wilson, Bryant, Hooper, Keenum, Dunn, Harris
=====================================================================================

I have not covered every guy but most. The rest are borderline players that are up and down on the practice squad. Others are current depth that may come and go.
======================================================================================

Two positions jump out for weakness and depth.

Receivers and OT.

Bradley is on the roster but was just added. Higgins has been on the roster but has hardly played.

We do not have a major threat at receiver. Nobody will draw double coverage. Nobody is a game changer. Nobody is now an all pro.

On the depth chart for OT is Hudson behind Wills. At RT nobody is listed behind Hance who is a backup guard.

At TE Hooper IMO has been a major disappointment. He is average and is getting paid like an all pro.
======================================================================================

All players on a roster can not be all-stars. Some guys are going to be question marks because they don't get reps. Some players are later round picks who are in a development process. Some guys will fill spots on a roster but are borderline players. That is common on all NFL rosters.

When you look at the current record and obvious results. The offense has been a problem. The passing game is weak. We are no threat to make a comeback when behind by two scores.

The defense had been up and down but has played better.

There are conclusions that can be drawn. Baker has been inconsistent. He has shown in past performance that he can be good. At other times his play has been poor.

Odell left town. Nothing to add to that because he never did much while here. However, the receiver unit is below average at best. I don't believe that can be disputed. We are a run based team. We have limited ability to strike deep. We do not have a go to receiver.

With Conklin down the tackle position is an issue. Wills seems to struggle in pass protection. I know he an ankle problem. I am unsure he is worthy of being a first round talent. However, he still very young and does have skill.
==========================================================================================

I made this attempt because I want answers. I thought we would be better than we have shown.

I believe you have to look at the roster and not one player. The quarterback position is a dominate position. But it is also a position that depends heavily on others to have success.

We are six and six and have played that way. There are still games to be played. Looking at the roster is important to find some answers. The other evaluation that impacts the record is coaching.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The AFC East teams, Patriots, Bills, Dolphins. Appear, after watching this year, (and the Broncos' too )

appear to be demanding better performances out of their talent, Demand more , well if it were ice skating, (and I don't know why that suddeny came to mind and makes perfect sense)

The AFC demands jumps and lifts in their ice skating routines of a greater difficulty, out of lesser talented skaters than the Browns who appear to try and find the very very very 'wery bestufust' skaters, and then don't give a hoot how challenging the difficulty level of the plays they attempt on the ice skating rink.

And that's not always the players faults. I mean look at a case of a defense that plays back and soft zone for so many of the snaps of the earlier games this year. Look how they don't do the dangerous plays on 3rd downs and results are a million to one on 3rd and 4th down conversions for opposing offenses.

IF the AFC east teams, can, just, demand more, year round, or or or, in a difficulty setting of their team, then when you play them, you look like dirt. Even though you have the better athletes.

Just a thought. I don't have any education of football, all I did was watch it on tv for 50cough years.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'll take a swing here.

Our WRs were weak before the season started. Too many guys who can't get separation or simply don't have the size needed to be that bigger target and go get contested balls. We knew at the end of LAST year that we needed a guy who could stretch the D. We relied on OBJ coming back to be that guy with Schwartz as the protege. We look to DPJ to be the athletic/big WR...but he was a 6th Rd pick for a reason. It will take a minute for him to get there. AB misread that group...then did it again at the trade deadline.

Our TEs are so average it hurts...especially because KS insists on playing (3) of them with regularity. When Njoku is the guy to "stretch the D", there is very little room for these guys to operate with the WRs also unable to find space. Same as last year. I'd keep Njoku and Harrison...Hooper has been wildly disappointing...Zach Ertz would have helped this group tremendously. (An impossible add...I know...but the point remains.)

OL...OL...OL. A position group hyped up similarly as the WR group. The interior is terrific...the OTs? Uhhhh...no. The unit started falling apart when Hubbard went down. At that time, we didn't realize just how not-ready Hudson was/is. Wills has been so below-average that I'm starting to get on board with comments about moving him back to RT and drafting a true LT. Maybe he's still hobbled with the ankle. Conklin might be done. AB misread that group coming out of training camp.

RBs are terrific. Felton is going to run himself east-to-west right off the team and maybe the NFL.

QB is the dead horse beaten to a pulp. A season lost early in game #2.

DLine. I like the group...but we need more nastiness ala McDowell and more hustle ala Gustin. I'm done with the MG hype. He's good for his one sack per game and spends the rest of t he day running four yards past the QB. I know he gets held and double-teamed...I see it. But Watt, Bosa, Bosa, Crosby, Hendrickson, et al figure out how to make an impact in spite of a focus on them. Essentially hugging Lamar after that BS TD was the last straw for me. He's too nice...I think he plays soft waaaay too often for a guy seasonally hyped as a potential DPOY candidate. I list (5) guys in this paragraph and I'd take any one of them over MG in a heartbeat. His play and his style is not that of a nasty D's "leader".

LBs. Walker is a free agent bust. Not big, fast or athletic. For a guy who is supposed to get everyone else lined up, I see too many replays where he himself went the wrong way. Then he gets dragged for extra yards either because he's just not that good or because he's trying to pull out the ball while being dragged for five yards. Taki is our only LB with size and is just ok...but he fills a role. Wilson is an enigma. M Smith is so much better than Walker that it hurts like the TE group. JOK is a stud.

S. We have the following guys who appear to be SS-ish. JJ3, Harrison, Delpit and maybe even JOK in some packages...all guys better-suited to be near the line of scrimmage. In deep(er) coverages, all (3) of the S's have had regular, maddening breakdowns. I know that Woods likes to think the S's should be inter-changeable between LOS guys and coverage guys...well...until they actually ARE inter-changeable, they simply are NOT. We need a ballhawk back there...and we don't have one.

CBs. I think the best thing that happened to D Ward was the drafting and play of Newsome. He's got competition to be the #1 CB. Greedy has played better and better. I think AJ Green is becoming legit. Hill has been ok...but not the same hyped guy I thought we were getting.

Stefanski. He's been figured out. He can't/won't make adjustments. I'm not giving up hope, but he's got some work to do.

Woods. Mr Square Peg into Round Hole. He's gotta go.

We are a bad football team right now with a lot of talent on paper...but we are lacking at very, very key positions and don't have the ability (apparently) to scheme around those deficiencies.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Over the past six weeks our defense have given up over 16 points one time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think you make some valid points.

The only issue I have with Myles was exposed in the Patriot game.

You can take advantage of his agressive pass rush. They ran screens right over him. Sometimes he can also can be run at.

Clowney is really good against the run. His backside pursuit is out of sight. I really like them in combination.

IMO Myles is the best pass rusher in football.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
If you want to see receiving talent today...turn on the Chargers v Bengals game. We don't have (1) WR who would start over each teams first (3) - maybe Jarvis could get on the field at times...but no one else.. I'd take each team's 1st TE over any of our (3) anytime.

I've already seen 4-5 catches that not one of our receivers would make...and zero drops.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by bonefish

You can take advantage of his agressive pass rush. They ran screens right over him. Sometimes he can also can be run at.

Clowney is really good against the run. His backside pursuit is out of sight. I really like them in combination.

Myles was exposed two years ago.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Tee Higgins just made a TD catch on a ball that no Browns receiver of the last 20 years could make.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
If you want to see receiving talent today...turn on the Chargers v Bengals game. We don't have (1) WR who would start over each teams first (3) - maybe Jarvis could get on the field at times...but no one else.. I'd take each team's 1st TE over any of our (3) anytime.

I've already seen 4-5 catches that not one of our receivers would make...and zero drops.
Agree. I've been saying the Browns WR core was over hyped for two years. I didn't see the Tee Higgins catch you just mentioned ... will see it on highlights no doubt. Herbert looks really good.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by mgh888

Agree. I've been saying the Browns WR core was over hyped for two years. I didn't see the Tee Higgins catch you just mentioned ... will see it on highlights no doubt. Herbert looks really good.

I've got (6) games on right now at my place with (8) people watching the games. One guy is a Bengal fan in particular. The rest are Browns fans or only care because of fantasy. Week in and week out I see guys like Burrow/Lamar/Murray chuck up absolute sh*&t passes and the receiver either runs under the punt or jumps up and catches the ball or punks a smaller DB. Herbert does it too with terrific pass-catchers, but at least he has a true NFL arm and can make every throw. I never see drops like I do when the Browns are on. We don't need the prototypical #1 WR...but a guy or two who can make a catch and who the QB can trust would be nice...other than Landry...at times anyway. It's almost like watching an entire other game/league...again.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S

This is why you need good LBs, something we never have. I was high on Philips. He was raw last year, but you could see his growth and improvement as the year went on. All teams do this to good pass rushers, thats how they take them out of the play. It happens to all of them. Calling this a weakness for Myles is not accurate, IMO. He makes plenty of alternate moves, even on run downs. When the DE is drawn in like that, that is where the good LBs make their money. JOK, gets that. I think Philips was getting it too.

Walker reminds me of all the parade of LBs that have come thru here. Smart, athletic,, but not a game wrecker.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: FATE
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
OL...OL...OL. A position group hyped up similarly as the WR group. The interior is terrific...the OTs? Uhhhh...no. The unit started falling apart when Hubbard went down. At that time, we didn't realize just how not-ready Hudson was/is. Wills has been so below-average that I'm starting to get on board with comments about moving him back to RT and drafting a true LT. Maybe he's still hobbled with the ankle. Conklin might be done. AB misread that group coming out of training camp.

RBs are terrific. Felton is going to run himself east-to-west right off the team and maybe the NFL.

QB is the dead horse beaten to a pulp. A season lost early in game #2.

A major problem with those attempting to judge what went wrong with the Browns 2021 season?... (so far)...How did the Browns end up with a "QB is the dead horse beaten to a pulp." ...?

THE ANSWER IS....THE QUALITY OF PLAY FROM THE BROWNS OLINE..."IS IN DECLINE".. !
...the area of most concern is the performance of our OTs. The quality of the play from the Browns OTs...is dragging the play of the entire OL.
...The Browns 3 interior linemen grade among the best linemen in the NFL...the play of the Browns OTs is declining toward the bottom.
...WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for ensuring that the Browns play linemen who are able to PROTECT THEIR QB? You looking to blame someone for the decline of the Browns ability to PASS PROTECT....it begins with those responsible for finding/judging/selecting the Browns OLine talent.

Specifically, the PASS PROTECTION is where the decline in the OL first shows up and the lack of pass protection results in a "QB is the dead horse beaten to a pulp."
Also, the decline in the play of the Browns OLine is beginning to show up in our run game, evidence what the Ravens defense did the Browns run game a week ago.

Not enough has been written about how the passing game is linked to the OLines ability to protect their QB...

The first issue to address is what is meant by the phrase..."PROTECT YOUR QB"...
...Protecting your QB is not defined by some NUMBER or some average of a group of numbers. To an offensive lineman protecting your QB means you block your man UNTIL THE WHISTLE.

One issue that is never discussed is the punishment QBs take after the ball leaves their hand. Look at the hits a QB is made to take by defenders who escaped their block and are allowed to deliver a hit on the QB if the REFEREE deems the defender could not stop his momentum. This is why the only acceptable standard for "pass protection" should be blocking "until the whistle blows".

Again, an offensive lineman's standard for pass protecting can not be defined by "some average number"...but it must be defined by each lineman/player/coach and that standard changes on every pass play. No defensive player should be allowed to hit your QB...THAT MUST BE THE STANDARD if a team is serious about winning a Super Bowl.

Last edited by mac; 12/06/21 09:59 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
T
Legend
Legend
T
1 thing you said, (then an add on, from the other, ) C'mon, TE, David NJoku is the most talented and best TE in the AFC North, full stop.

He's not being used enough, but don't say other teams TEs... I mean they are hit or miss. but Njoku is the best TE in the division, who just isn't getting used as, well as other teams might, as a part of an offense, and not alone when he's used, or Not used when he has WRs healthy around him. ( But that's just like, my opinion...)

But the first point. (D. Felton is going to run east and west right off the team?)

Why hasn't ANY COACH gotten into Demetric Feltons helmet ear hole yet, and told him.
" If you keep trying that spin move you ** it's going to end up a fumble with your arm injured, this is the NFL, and master the basics before you have to "spin move" on every #$! $#! touch of the Ball!!!"
(or maybe they have and he's still doing it, )
Because somebody is going to place the crown of their helmet on his elbow during a spin move, eventually if he does it every single time.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/06/21 10:29 AM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I would trade Njoku...at the speed of light...for every other starting TE in our division.

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
The only TE I'd want to try to trade (but doubt we can) is Hooper. Dude and his contract really doesn't do much for me, and I'll be pissed when we can't pay Njoku to stay but have to hang onto Hooper's deal.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E
For a team relying on 3 TE program we better get more talent. I would love to get Andrew from the Ravens I think he will tire of playing with Lamar. His suckiness is showing itself. Lets get us some talented TEs - I like Bryant Harrison even with his tiny hands. He is finally getting over his fumbles and starting to play hard again. but he just might be our best TE right now. Lets get more studs and start over again.

I'm getting tired take care all...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Njoku is a JAG. Been overrated on this board for a long time.

Just think, the Browns could have drafted TJ Watt and Garrett in same draft. Instead went with the high jumper.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Brock Bowers in 2023, please.

Legend
Legend
I would trade all 3 of our TE for Mark Andrews. I wouldn't even have a second thought about it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The only TE I'd want to try to trade (but doubt we can) is Hooper. Dude and his contract really doesn't do much for me, and I'll be pissed when we can't pay Njoku to stay but have to hang onto Hooper's deal.

His contract won't prevent anything, especially with the increases coming to the Cap. If we "can't" pay Njoku, it's because it has been determined that Njoku isn't worth the cost to keep him here.

I agree with Hammer on Njoku. He's a Brown and he produces more often than not when he gets opportunities, so I'm all-in on him being here, but he doesn't produce to the level of his hype and attention. He's a Kellen Winslow type without Winslow's ability (and thankfully without being the Winslow head-case). He is definitely more flash than substance.... BUT, he puts in the work and improves and he shows up and produces.
That said, the entire offense is kinda like that - more flash than substance - and IF we get this offense rolling again, we just might see the production from Njoku explode. That's a pretty big IF, but it's there.

I said before the trade deadline that if Berry failed to get a swing tackle, it was a sign we were mailing it in on this season. I think I was correct.
I don't know why, or what the deal is, or what the plan was supposed to be, but there's just no way he simply failed to recognize that we needed a Tackle while being so uber-focused on which Fullback was on the roster this week. Yet, we have nothing, and now Conklin is totally done and gone and we're permanently starting the 4th string OT on the right side. Hudson may become good, but he is not there, yet. I fully expect us to reach an injury settlement with Conklin after June 1 and release him and take the $6 million in Cap savings.

For the folks talking about flopping Wills back to RT - I expect that we're taking a OT in the 1st round this year, unless there is a free agent we just can't pass up, which I doubt because I think we're wanting to keep a certain chunk of our OLine on first contracts. There are three RT's and one LT under the age of 30 that are slated to become UFA's in 2022. I wouldn't hold your breath on any coming here (or being worth bringing in), so we're looking at a 1st round OT. Wills has already shown he can make the switch to LT, he could switch back IF we can land a so-called "proper" LT, but I don't think we'll be in a position to do so. I think Wills will be fine continuing to grow at LT and we will draft a RT and then either sign or draft a proper swing tackle (unless we now think that Hance can elevate this offseason to Hubbard's former level).

WRs - man, this is an unmitigated mess. We need speed, we need size, we need catch radius and "ups"... BUT, we need guys that can run crisp routes, be where they are supposed to be, get separation, create favorable leverages, and catch the damn ball when it comes their way. We thought we had SIX WR's that that could do this for us, and the reality is we barely have one. Landry. The rest of that WR room can be scrapped; we have NOTHING there. Well, we have DPJ, but he is not a #1. Higgins is done. I have no idea why, but at this point, if this team isn't going to play him, why pay him? Cut him and bring in someone - anyone - that is going to contribute, otherwise you're just wasting yet another valuable roster spot. There literally isn't anyone else that even deserves mentioning. This group needs a complete and total re-work.

LB - I have no idea, and I have no idea what the Hell we're even trying to do with this spot. It looks and feels like a total afterthought. Like, all this effort and thought and energy went into the DLine and secondary and then they just kinda waved their hands at the LB room and said "aaaaand, eh.. put some guys in over there".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
By my count/guess we will actually need 2 solid tackles. My assumption is that Hubbard's time with us is also over. That 6th Oline spot is super important to this team (both from a depth perspective as well as how many times he subbed in when he was healthy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Hubbard is definitely done in Cleveland.
Conklin is not definite, but it's a solid guess. He is almost certainly done after 2022 since the last year of his contract is voided, he's a UFA in 2023. Either way, there is no acceptable way we go into next season without two new OTs.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P

Yeah, that's why he's ranked second in the NFL in sacks with 14. Because they have him all figured out and he is exposed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope they aim to bolster the WR room, and not blow it up and start over. To me, that basically just means keeping Landry, DPJ and the young'ins. I also thought it meant keeping Higgins, but the dude isn't even cracking the 53 these days... so what do I know.

I hope they've seen enough from Clowney to keep him longer. Give him a 2-3 year contract and draft his replacement to groom over that time. We also gotta make sure we hang onto McDowell. He's gone quiet lately, but that's to be expected going through your first full NFL season. His mind and body will be better prepared next year. I'm not really sure what to make of Malik Jackson's performance.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
we need a new o line, new coach, new RB's, and new WR's so baker can finally play to his full potential. obviously Berry and stefanski has done a terrible job developing and drafting the talent. our QB doesnt have the ability to carry a team so maybe we need some sort of witchcraft spell that gives him the ability to read a defense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh no! ooo

Now you will draw the wrath of the apologists! tsktsk

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The screen over him part should get covered by scheme. This isn't a failure of Myles.
If the DE is rushing full-on and there is nobody responsible for the area behind him, that's a failure of scheme or another player.

When run at, the DLine is REALLY susceptible to traps and because the play is coming at you, you have almost zero time to react. If the OT is on your inside shoulder, the RB usually isn't going to cut outside off your right, he's going inside, and again, it is the responsibility of those behind. The DE's primary responsibility is to set the edge and not let the RB get outside of you. Myles does this well. However, again, they can screen pass to get the ball outside the DE, and sure the DE can try to bat the ball down, but it's not that simple. So, again, this is the responsibility of another player.

The combination of Myles & Clowney & Takk has been phenomenal. It hasn't resulted in pinball like sack numbers, nor more insane games like we had against the Bears, but this DLine has a MOTOR and we have been very good against the run this year. Even with the couple of recent games where we took it on the chin, we are STILL Top 10-12 in Run Defense, and that is after just playing one of the few teams that runs it as well as we (usually) do.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Oh no! ooo

I think I just take this team too seriously bro. Like damn I’m trying to be optimistic because after all this nonsense, we’re STILL in the thick of the afc crown, never mind the playoffs.

And yet we’ve had these games that were literally ours for the taking, but we botch it.

I’m just tired of sucking. It would be nice to finally have a team to live up to expectations. I’m not even talking SB, that’s how low the bar is. Just a division title once. I’m 34 years old yet it feels like I’m never gonna see the browns win a division title and have a home playoff game. I’m in a funky mood right now so please everyone just rolls your eyes at my nonsense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I’m 34 years old yet it feels like I’m never gonna see the browns win a division title

I'm 50, and I think I was in high school the last time I saw it. Buckle up, your ride just started rofl

Browns is the Browns

3 members like this: oobernoober, FATE, Swish
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm 64 and wondering if I'll ever see it again!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Just stop...I'm older than all of you and my dream concerning the Browns is still alive... thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that's why he's ranked second in the NFL in sacks with 14. Because they have him all figured out and he is exposed.

by exposed i'm guessing they mean he is suspectable to rush the QB so hard he doesn't contain

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
P
Legend
Legend
P
Could you explain how a player can do both at the same time? It would seem to me you are either rushing the QB or you're playing outside containment one or the other on any given play. I would think if you're rushing the passer on a given play that outside containment responsibility would be shifted to a different player.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I'm convinced that if management get's serious about the state of this Browns offensive line and address those areas that need upgraded...both OT positions...this team can win a Super Bowl..next season. I don't see it happening this season but there is an outside chance that this team can still make the playoffs this season if everyone balls out the rest of the year.

The recuperation period for Conklin's injury could be a year or more and there is no guarantee that Conklin will be 100% when he returns...and there are no guarantees that Wills recovers from his ankle issue until some time after the 2021 season ends. The problem is, the Browns GM Berry is out of bullets with very little OT talent left to replace those now playing Left and Right tackle.

It seems that all we can do is hope that Hance and Wills improve their play to an average or acceptable level. The best way to judge the performance of those in charge is when the franchise is facing a serious challenge. The quality of play by the Browns OTs will need to improve...

Legend
Legend
Oh no! ooo

Oh look, the "Baker is our only problem" pitchfork mob is making fun of the apologists.

yebat' Putin
3 members like this: WSU Willie, archbolddawg, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Oh no! ooo

Oh look, the "Baker is our only problem" pitchfork mob is making fun of the apologists.
Right... because you have to be one or the other!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I felt after the Lion win we would do well winning 3 of the next six.

I wish I was more hopeful.

I just don't see it. The schedule is brutal and we are a 500 team.

Unless somehow some way the offense catches fire.

Legend
Legend
I felt after the Lion win we would do well winning 3 of the next six.

I wish I was more hopeful.

I just don't see it. The schedule is brutal and we are a 500 team.

Unless somehow some way the offense catches fire.

And the funny thing is, we aren't a .500 team because we play average football... we are a .500 team because we play like we could beat anybody one week and like we couldn't beat a DII school the next. If we were .500 and consistently average, it would be much easier to reconcile, "this is who we are"... but that's not it... and that's what is tremendously frustrating.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I see a lot of guesses as to what the hell is happening with the Browns, but I honestly don't think any of us outside the building have a clue. It must be more complex than most are suggesting, or SKI would have it fixed by now. Maybe the best thing the fans can do is just get out of the way and let them play out the rest of the year. There will be plenty of time for judgement, accusation, anger, and misery in the post season. I'd like to just be a fan, not an analyst, for the duration. It's much less toxic during the season without all the wrists slitting.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The one thing that is no mystery is: We have to score more points.

However one wishes to look at the passing. We are not dynamic.

When looking at the recent games and how teams played defense against us. Clearly nobody respects our passing game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Roster weakness and depth

Link Copied to Clipboard