Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1908741 12/07/21 07:03 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
1. So, um, we cannot abandon the run early.

2. Saw an article where we might put Hunt and Chubb on the field at the same time. They are perhaps our best players on O, let’s put them to work. Get creative but don’t be cute about it

3. Somebody has to step up and open the downfield passing game. Looking at you, DPJ, and #84 as well. I’d maybe start spreading the field, keep a TE in to chip for our RT, but mix it up . Whatever we’ve been doing has severely sucked.

4. This is without a doubt a must-win. We lose this we aren’t going to the playoffs.

5. On D, pressure Lamar. Our defence played more than well enough to win two weeks ago, it’s up to the offence to play complementary football and save our season.

6. Our kicker has to stop missing kicks.

7. Can we not show that we are an intelligent football team that doesn’t commit stupid penalties, of the pre-snap variety?

It’s embarrassing. So just stop it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: VarmintKong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Be able to pass the ball?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by lampdogg

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1468351450279522308

The Ravens treated Baker Mayfield like he was Cody Kessler and he failed. The most important factor for us to beat Baltimore is for our QB to be competent.

Last edited by cfrs15; 12/07/21 07:20 PM.
2 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Milk Man
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by cfrs15

NO!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Anyone hear if the Ravens CB injury issues have improved?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by lampdogg

2. Saw an article where we might put Hunt and Chubb on the field at the same time

Line up Hunt as a TE.. Have Chubb & D'E Johnson in the I formation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This.

Had we been able to do this 2 weeks ago, we win the game. Baltimore took away the run, and even with a depleted secondary opened the door for us to win the game in the air. Instead of going through the door we walked into the wall.

Given our reluctance to make adjustments, I would start off doing the same thing if I were them.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
And yet we have that play by play breakdown showing that it WAS NOT BAKER's fault at all.

So who has the lying eyes cfrs15 you or Kurt Warner...hmmm tough one to pick - I'm going to just call you out on ignorance on the QB POSITION and what you saw is just something drawn up by a STAT BOY, don't embarrass yourself further just say hmmm maybe it wasn't Baker's fault at all. So how many times can you and other ""HATERS" be wrong. Got to be hate cause the facts show otherwise on Baker's game...smh tired of the nonsense reported by you self acclaimed experts. You know diddly
!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
We have to come out throwing if they are over playing to stop the run. Keep the same look, Pro set with 2 RB on each side of Baker also HB Harrison with Landry and DPJ at WR bring 1 or both RBs into the pass routes along with Harrison who is oour best TE at this moment. He is a good blocker as well. Pending on the blitz will tell Hunt or Chubb going out for the pass. Once they start playing for the pass then run at them hard and with the RB as a blocker as well as HB with a pulling Teller running left should be money...will love to see some screens for Chubb on some play action.

Long snapping could deter our FG process and extra points might have to go for 2 all day (which I don't Mind) Mack Wilson might be our long snapper.

Defense should be strong with a healthy JOK and Clowney who is driven with a desire to KIILL LAMAR and he is just the guy to do so lol laugh It will be up to our D, they have the best FG kicker in the NFL so we can't let them get past the 50 as a defensive goal!

jmho Home crowd has to be excited and making noise not just on 3rd downs but the entire series!!!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think if a team wants to so over-commit to stopping the run like Balt did, we actually need to feed them a steady dose of Hunt. Dude is more than capable running the ball, but more importantly is a terror catching it out in space. The talking heads pointed something out that was really interesting. The threat of Hunt leaking out of the backfield after a chip caused the CB to shade much closer to the line of scrimmage, opening up space behind him for the WR.

Both of our RBs present threats to the offense, but Hunt might actually be extra key here.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
The inability of our offense to make PLAYS is a killer. We just don’t generate any offense, especially when it’s nut crunching time. An arthritic Big Ben gave the Steelers more of a chance than baker does for us.

I also think the loss of Njoku will loom large. Our WRs have crashed and burned.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by eotab
And yet we have that play by play breakdown showing that it WAS NOT BAKER's fault at all.

So who has the lying eyes cfrs15 you or Kurt Warner...hmmm tough one to pick - I'm going to just call you out on ignorance on the QB POSITION and what you saw is just something drawn up by a STAT BOY, don't embarrass yourself further just say hmmm maybe it wasn't Baker's fault at all. So how many times can you and other ""HATERS" be wrong. Got to be hate cause the facts show otherwise on Baker's game...smh tired of the nonsense reported by you self acclaimed experts. You know diddly
!

This is satire.

Legend
Legend
Commit to the run, receivers catch the ball when thrown, and don’t throw bad passes that lead to picks.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Appeal to authority.

“Kurt Warner said so so it must be true! He posted a film study of the whole first half that aligns with exactly what I think!”

M
Legend
Legend
M
We got Baltimore right where we want 'em! Harbaugh won't know what hit him.

2 members like this: oobernoober, AZBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
Warner broke down one half of the last three games. All that does is look at one sixth of the evidence over the last three weeks. It is what it is and it's not what it's not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Surprise! We’re starting Felton at right tackle.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Roger Brown sez word on the street is they're bringing back Ryan Tucker.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Nope, Myles Garret. He will play iron man football for the rest of the season.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have to say that Stefanski comment is laughable. Like Hudson, Blake or what's his name is going to scare the Rats?

Legend
Legend

#championship

Originally Posted by Dave
Roger Brown sez word on the street is they're bringing back Ryan Tucker.

This warms my cold, dead heart.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

All Pro
All Pro
Gotta admit, I haven’t read the entire thread. BUT I’m pissed off, so...
I don’t give a spit if they pack 8 in the box. Attack a gap based on the previous pre-play alignment. No RT and down 2 TE’s makes it hard. If it was easy everybody would do it. We have the best RB in football. Bend them to our will and then hit a deep seam or corner off the play fake.

We shouldn’t even be in the conversation based on our play at this point in the season, but if hope lives... Bring ‘da ruckus! Have to win the division. LET’S GO!!!

‘Cuz when the gloves fall, you don’t wanna be the one who backed the DAWG against the wall!

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Was Ski on the cover of Maden ?

3 members like this: DaveyD, PrplPplEater, CapCity Dawg
Legend
Legend
It sounds like Harrison Bryant will be out. He has a high ankle sprain.

Njoku? It will come down to the wire on covid protocol.

Marlon Humphrey was a huge part of their defense. He is out for the year.

Their decision to go for 2 in the Steeler loss was because they are out of corners.

We have to attack their secondary.

In the loss to the Ravens it seemed like we were tipping plays. They seemed to be reading our plays.

We have to get them off balance.

Obviously we have to score more points. Since these two teams know each other so well. It really becomes about execution.

Once again there are only so many opportunities you get to make a play. You have to make them when they are there.

Make the throw. Make the catch. Execute.

Win the turnover game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
It really becomes about execution.

While this does seem to be an extreme measure, there have been times this season where I am all for it.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

!
]
This is satire.

This is the extent of your knowledge in this discussion again Ignorance is no way to go through life. Satire??? so because you have no knowledge in the game you deem it as Satire. Are you saying that Kurt Warner made his tape deeming it as SATIRE and laughing after posting it??? Really? is this true? asking you seriously is there a joke here that I just don't get???

So his tape is wrong in the discussion...if so then I apologize but if it was not satire by Kurt you got an apology to make in your FAKE hatred on Baker.

Hmmm so according to you we wasted an overall #1 pick on Baker? And my knowledge of the position is just wrong the kid is not accurate at all.

Sometimes you just are funny in your knowledge well lets put it this way...you and THROW LONG are on the same page rofl

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
What’s wrong with THROW LONG?

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is the extent of your knowledge in this discussion again Ignorance is no way to go through life. Satire??? so because you have no knowledge in the game you deem it as Satire.

Of course.

Are you saying that Kurt Warner made his tape deeming it as SATIRE and laughing after posting it??? Really? is this true? asking you seriously is there a joke here that I just don't get???

Appeal to authority. Again. Also, this Kurt Warner?:

Does Warner believe Mayfield, 26, can reach the point where he's capable of consistently elevating the Browns?

“What I've seen from Baker, I would say no,” Warner said. “I would say I haven't seen him show me that he can be that guy. I'm only going to go off of what I've seen up to this point. I'm looking at tape. I'm not seeing him every day in practice. I don't know the makeup of him in the room. I don't know some of the X factors that go into it.

“Simply by looking at the tape, I haven't seen good enough consistency by him to say that he can be a franchise guy at this point. I'm not in the business of having to project out two years. I'm just simply going off what he's done in these four years, and I just think he's been wildly inconsistent and inconsistent enough that I'm saying to myself, 'I'm not banking on this guy carrying me to a Super Bowl if he can't put together games in a season at a certain level of consistency that you need from that position.'”

“There's only so many guys that are franchise guys, guys that can carry your team, guys that you can put the ball in their hands and expect them to win games for you regardless of what else is going on around them,” Warner said. “There's only so many of those. He is not that guy. So, to me, you have him under [contract] for another year, you play it out, or at least play it out halfway through the year, and you see what you have."

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...terback-ravens-lamar-jackson/6442742001/

FAKE hatred on Baker.

I don't have fake hatred or real hatred. I can just be objective while others, like eotab, can't be.

Hmmm so according to you we wasted an overall #1 pick on Baker?

I never said that. But would it be surprising if we did? Teams blow the first pick all the time.

And my knowledge of the position is just wrong the kid is not accurate at all.

You said it, not me.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This will require its own thread and/or forum.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
So for the Browns this is their third week preparing for the Ravens.

Hopefully they have figured out a way to win this game.

Going by the loss tape. Getting four turnovers and losing is hard to do.

Two things stand out IMO from the loss. We dropped to many balls.

Secondly, the Ravens dared us to pass on them.

When you pass blitz and run blitz. That leaves those spaces open.

My guess is the Browns will use Hunt in the backfield with Chubb. Play action to Chubb and throw to Hunt in vacated space.

We have to attack their weakness. There should be passes we can complete. We have to populate the areas they will rush from with patterns.
Who are the play makers on offense?

Chubb, Hunt, Landry, Hooper (Njoku if he plays). DPJ is good enough. So, it requires getting them in places for them to succeed.
We have to win with the players we have. The game plan has to be good.

We must continue to get after Lamar. Both the Browns and the Steelers got after him. It must continue. Woods must scheme an attacking defense.

He used JOK as a spy last game. Nothing wrong with that. But I hope we use some corner and safety blitzes.

It is time to beat this team. If the Steelers found a way so should the Browns.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
This will require its own thread and/or forum.

I respectfully disagree.

This will require a dedicated open-source website, backed up by a server farm the size of Tesla's Gigafactory.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
3 and out:

1. Defense BAL like we did in Game One.
2. Catch the passes that should be caught/move the chains.
3. Give BAL a steady diet of Chubb/Hunt actively inserted into the 3-step/5-step short passing game. Put'em on the field together. For the entire game.
(If you get 24 or 27 the ball in open space, you are almost guaranteed a first down, and any of those plays are also a threat to go ------> House.

CLE can beat this team.
BAL's record is far more impressive than their performances in many of those wins.

It's step up time for CLE/2021.

If CLE can't win this one, they don't deserve a playoff spot. Simple as that. It's a divisional game. These are the games that define you. If you don't have what it takes to kick the s# out of your own family, you don't deserve to kick the s# out of strangers in The Big Game. That's how all of this is supposed to work.

I'm actually looking forward to this game.
Because I get the feeling that the team sees it the same way.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
With the Steelers losing last night everything we could ask for is right there.

It is time to grab the ring.

You are right. If we can not beat the Ravens. We deserve to sink to the bottom.

We have had three weeks of looking at them to prepare for this.

It is time to beat them.

I would love to beat them into the ground and rub their faces in it.

But it never works that way with them. It is always a war.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think a lot depends on Hunt's health. He was on a pitch count last game and was not available late. Schematically, I think guys like him and Njoku SHOULD (emphasizing the operative word here) continue to have the Ravens crowd the box and make them pay (Njoku and Hunt are matchup nightmares out in patterns). I think KS's scheme of emphasizing the run and having many plays off of the same look should allow them to be featured/flourish.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
Is Njoku playing, did he clear Covid protocols?

Either way, beating Baltimore.
UPPP TOOO 138 rushing attempts, AT, Greattter Thannn, 2.9 yards per carry, for 400+ rush yards and 6 rushing touchdowns.
(it's called the detriot lions model) and then beat them on the last play of the game.

A couple dozen quarterback sneaks thrown in there, those are usually positive yards plays. every bit counts.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Anyone hear if the Ravens CB injury issues have improved?

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/baltimore-ravens-lose-star-cornerback-marlon-humphrey-for-season
Ravens lost Marlon Humphrey for the season, (shoulder), but that was 5 days ago. They already were without Marcus Peters from the last time the Browns and ravens played 2 weeks ago. I don't know if they signed any corners.
Expect a lot of disguised blitzes to make up for it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
We showed no signs of being able to stop what they were doing, so I'd expect them to come out doing more of the same. We were going at Humphrey a lot in the last game, so I reckon we'll be going at whomever fills in for him this game.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I want to offer another attack philosophy, not to disagree or argue. Attack and break their strength. Like BB taking one thing away.

Doing this may involve different personnel in different formations. Three TEs hasn't gotten enough done; let's put all three of our best backs out there. Put our best play-breakers out there. We can use space better, seams more, screens, and just be aggressive on O. Our defense can't hand Baker the ball four times again. Can't count on it. But we need to pound some mismatches and win some private one-man wars IMO. Time to get the play caller in the game rather than treating us to another snappy blame-taking interview after the loss. I want a little fury out of our survivors. Get dangerous!

Unleash the Elves! brownie brownie brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
U

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So is he saying the D is going to roll over again like the Cheatriot game?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 22 Beating Baltimore pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard