Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

In October, people in Georgia protested the Spalding county's election board, upset that they disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election — a day that was previously key in boosting Black voter turnout.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims.

Article:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ge...crats-county-election-boards-2021-12-09/

Legend
Legend
Imma need conservatives to explain to me why black Americans are disproportionately effected by voting purges when republicans make these policies.

I wanna know how many voter purges happen in affluent white districts, or just suburban white…I mean “conservative” districts overall.

Enlighten me.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Republicans trying to do what the Governor of Georgia and Raffensburger would not do in the last presidential election, Lie and cheat

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Imma need conservatives to explain to me why black Americans are disproportionately effected by voting purges when republicans make these policies.

I wanna know how many voter purges happen in affluent white districts, or just suburban white…I mean “conservative” districts overall.

Enlighten me.
Georgia flipped from red to blue, they are in full desperation mode.. easier to change voting availability than actually come up with a plan to attract more voters to your side.

Other than Clinton's first term, Georgia hasn't gone democrat since Jimmy Carter... panic.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I don't know how all this works. But, in Ohio, just recently (look at a map) somehow fulton county got put in Marcy Kaptur's district. She's a long time dem and long term representative to the u.s. congress. Since, I believe, 1982.

She doesn't represent anything close to what the far reaches of N.W. Ohio want. But, I am now in her district.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
j/c

I don't know how all this works. But, in Ohio, just recently (look at a map) somehow fulton county got put in Marcy Kaptur's district. She's a long time dem and long term representative to the u.s. congress. Since, I believe, 1982.

She doesn't represent anything close to what the far reaches of N.W. Ohio want. But, I am now in her district.

Gerrymandering at it's finest.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
j/c

Gerrymandering at it's finest.

Yes, it is. And since GOPers control Ohio's Congress, who do you think is to blame arch and Pdawg?

Yet neither of you addressed the subject of the thread. Just turning a blind eye to the racist GOPers in GA?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/10/21 09:11 PM.
Legend
Legend
Without a doubt it is the Republicans. I didn't think it had to be said considering everyone knows the Republicans control our state government.

I have nothing to say about the topic because I haven't read the article yet. I just popped in when I saw DC had something to say. I then saw Arch responded.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Two questions... I didn't see it in the article...

was there a reason given to taking away Sunday early voting? In general, I don't see why you couldn't have voting on a Sunday... but was curious what the reason was given...

also, what is the data on black voters voting on a Sunday vs other days? I'm not arguing that a Sunday wouldn't be a big day of voting for blacks but more am curious what the actual numbers are.

I looked through the article posted and didn't see them... wasn't sure if you knew the answer to either question

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

Enlighten me.

Because it is perceived (probably rightfully so) that the large majority of minorities vote Democrat. Silence Minority voters and Republicans win.. Or so the theory goes.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am not going to get in to the swamp other than to say my feeling is any changes made are politically motivated and not racially motivated. You can find many, many examples of people being ousted due to district lines being changed by the party in charge.

I would bet that had those black school district member aligned politically with the people who drew the new district lines, they would still be on the school board.

You can debate the how's and why's about why it was done, but it wasn't for racial reasons.

Carry on.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jaybird

was there a reason given to taking away Sunday early voting? In general, I don't see why you couldn't have voting on a Sunday... but was curious what the reason was given...

also, what is the data on black voters voting on a Sunday vs other days? I'm not arguing that a Sunday wouldn't be a big day of voting for blacks but more am curious what the actual numbers are.

I looked through the article posted and didn't see them... wasn't sure if you knew the answer to either question

I believe at least part of it was organizing buses after church. Can't be having those black voters by the bus loads showing up. Jim Crow stuff.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

I believe at least part of it was organizing buses after church. Can't be having those black voters by the bus loads showing up. Jim Crow stuff.

Thanks OCD... that was kind of my assumption... that predominately black churches have historically been known to organize voting for their parishioners.... still would be interested in seeing the reason the panel gave for stopping early voting on a Sundays...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Souls to the polls. "

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Thanks OCD... that was kind of my assumption... that predominately black churches have historically been known to organize voting for their parishioners.... still would be interested in seeing the reason the panel gave for stopping early voting on a Sundays...

This is one of the things that gets me on the voter ID issue. Southern whites knew stopping the busses meant many of those black voters would have no way to the polls to cast a vote. Lacking cars, poor blacks facing transportations issues struggle to both get to the polls and the DMV. Move the polls away from black neighborhoods and mandating IDs became an easy way to stop the black vote. I know this thinking is vile to most of us, but a desperate ideology, has justified it as fair for political reasons… preserving white supremacy. So, when I see a white guy, who has no idea these things go on, say something about IDs being easy… they don't know squat and are taking the role of white supremacist, rather knowingly or not.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/12/21 01:28 PM.
Legend
Legend
Next, they will issue car occupancy rules (2/3 per car) to curtail car pooling to the polls. It's the next logical step.
After that, it's back to estimating the number of gumballs in a 50 gal drum for the 'right' to vote.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: rockdogg
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

Link Copied to Clipboard