Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
So when I was a kid back in the '80's, my dad would take me to all the games. - Saw the Jets game live, and was there the next week when you know what happened. I cancelled our season tickets back in 2012 and have been to two games since.

My wife just surprised our 13 year old daughter and I with tickets to this weekends game - all 3 of us are going. I feel terrible for the kid. - This will be her second Browns game ever and first since 2015. - I feel bad because I wanted this one to be a victory and just heard about the Covid cases. The good news is that the kid is slowly falling in love with the Browns and Buckeyes. - This year is the first year she's sat and watched games on tv with me. -Loves Nick Chubb.

So we plan on leaving the 'burbs at noon to beat the rush and grab a bite before kickoff.

Should we tailgate or go to a restaurant? If so, please recommend locations. I think tailgating would be a lot of fun for the kid but want to go to a tailgate lot that is safe for her.

Hotel or drive back at night? Again, please recommend a location.

Thanks Guys and Gals! Hopefully we find a way to get it done.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Tailgate. You want a place that is safe? Burke Airport.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Thanks Arch. Do you think it will be an issue getting in there at around 12:45ish? I know most people go early but the kid has practice that morning.

A
Legend
Legend
A
That, I could not tell you. I know for a 1 p.m. game getting there at 9:30 was no problem. We parked by the sub, but even an hour later we went to the Columbus guy's tail gate (just to say hi) and the parking lot was not full, at all.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Thanks Arch. Do you think it will be an issue getting in there at around 12:45ish? I know most people go early but the kid has practice that morning.
Getting in there to park? Yes, the issue is it's not gonna happen. Plenty of places to park, anything in the vicinity is 50-60 bucks. You'll be doing a little walking if you want to tailgate, probably only about 1.5 miles total though. And yes, I would also recommend the dawgs from this board and their tailgate in the Burk, they do a hell of a job and you get to meet some great people.

We usually park across the street at the Huntington Park Garage or further up W3rd around Karls Inn (great corned beef!). Not sure of any cheap parking within decent walking distance.

Edit to add: Those lots will probably fill further from kickoff since it's a late game. In other words... 3.5 hours early may be fine for a 1pm kickoff, probably not for a 4:30.

Last edited by FATE; 12/14/21 06:39 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Thanks Fate. I understand. Yeah in my dad's later years back during the '99 and '00 seasons we would park somewhere near the Justice Center and head to Karls before and after the game. - Sometimes we had no business in that nice place following the game if you know what I mean. Great food there. I joined the crew on here back during the 2010 season for the tailgate. Remember meeting Columbusdawg, Saintdawg and a bunch of other awesome people. - My wife is a little shy though. If I can convince her, we'll try to make our way down to that tailgate.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe the last time you tailgated with the group was when we were in the yellow lot.. Next to the building and the lake was 200 ft away.. and it was a 3 minute walk to the stadium. As far as Burke lake it's very family oriented and the airport opens their bathrooms to the public..Masks required to get in.

Your arrival time shouldn't be too much of an issue parking there It will cost you $50 and it is about a 10-12 minute walk to the Stadium..

You can always have one of the guys save you a spot.. if we know your coming we put chairs out to save a spot . If you want to park and hang out there I believe even your shy wife will feel comfortable.. Most opposing team fans do ! It's a good place to go for all to enjoy a good time before a game !

Where ever you end up parking..have a great time and hope you see a much needed win !

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
For the draft and the 1st 2 Browns games I went to this year I parked on West 3rd by Karls- it was $60 to park.. On Sunday me and my son went to the ravens game. We came down St. Clair and saw an underground lot by rhe Marriott on public square that was only $20 to park It was only 2 blocks from
West 3rd and about a 10 minute walk to the stadium .

We ate a little at the car before the game. My son always wants to get in the stadium. 2 hours before the game. We go down by section 144 (Browns tunnel) for pregame. The Browns are always down by section 144. The kickers and returners come out about 90 to 100 minutes before the kickoff. The other position groups come out one by one. About an hour before the game everybody is out on the field. You don't have to sit down there to hang out and the players are so close you can almost touch them. They stay on the field until a half hour before kickoff and then go in the locker room.
Also, you never know who you will meet. At the cards game, Bernie was down on the field by the owners guests-he came over and was talking to us and even signed for some kids. Hanford was doing a pregame show before the ravens game. He was about 10 feet in front of me. My son got a selfie with a ravens player. I refused to get in the picture.
Myles was playing catch with fans-lots of great pictures and fun times.

When the game was over, we walked back to the car-warmed up, got something to eat and a drink. We then walked the 5 minutes back over to Public Square. They are having Winterfest there. The whole Public Square is decorated for Christmas and they have an outdoor ice skating rink. It is really pretty

Last edited by northlima dawg; 12/15/21 12:41 AM.
1 member likes this: FATE
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Thanks Deisel. That’s so kind of you to offer. I think my kid would get a kick out of meeting everyone. Hard to imagine that was 11 years ago the one time I tailgated with all of you. I’ll try to talk my insignificant other into it. Lol. What timeframe do all of you get there to the lot?

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Lima, this is great info. Thank you. I couldn’t stomach 60.00 for parking to watch our practice squad offense play. I think we’re narrowing it down to parking at the Marriott and taking a cab over to the group tailgate at Burke or parking at the Marriott and heading directly to the stadium.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I just looked it up-the address is Mall B Parking-500 St Clair.

If nothing else, when the game is over-take a walk over to the Winterfest in Public Square-its cool to see at night.

And hopefully, we can get some players back in the next couple days

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ya'll welcome to tailgate with us again.. we in Burke lot now

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Bring your helmet, they might need you.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by jfanent
Bring your helmet, they might need you.

LMAO !!!!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Going to the game need advice

Link Copied to Clipboard