Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
As if that reptile in a skin suit will do anything but obstruct any actual attempt at punishing his crony contemporaries.

Yes, that's his modus operandi. However, Trump has attacked him time and again, so this might be a knife in the gut moment for the two of them. McConnell would like to kick Trump to the curb once and for all, but all the MAGAts will be furious, and he must take that into account. But McConnell is almost done with his time in the Senate, so he might go out on a high note. We can all hope anyway.

McConnell, I think, does want to be rid of Trump but not the voters he commands. Many in that group are apparently fine with interfering with election processes and rioting in the Capitol, so I'm not really sure how he intends to divide the 2.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
This is hilarious!

Capitol rioter who flew to DC on a private jet says she's preparing for her 60-day sentence by learning prison slang and meeting consultants

A Capitol rioter who flew to Washington, DC, on a private jet said she was preparing for her 60 days behind bars by learning prison slang and speaking with prison consultants.

Jenna Ryan was sentenced last month to 60 days in a Texas prison after pleading guilty to a single federal misdemeanor charge of parading in the Capitol, according to court documents seen by Insider.

Ryan, a realtor who lives in Dallas, is due to go to a minimum-security federal prison in North Texas sometime after January 3, she told Insider. She said she hadn't been designated a facility yet.

To prepare herself for life behind bars, Ryan said she'd been reading books, doing online research, and watching YouTube videos about prison.

"I've been doing a lot of reading and research lately," she said, later adding: "I now know that the general rules are you don't talk to anybody. You watch out who you talk to. You don't ask anybody what they did. It's just a totally different world."

She added: "But since I'm also a life coach, I can imagine that I'll end up making some pretty genuine connections while I'm there."

Ryan said she planned on losing weight in prison because she thought she would be served "the worst food imaginable." In a TikTok video posted over the weekend, she said she wanted to practice yoga and detox from alcohol.

She told Insider she mostly wanted to "hunker down" and "keep to herself" there and, if possible, "borrow books from the library."

"I'm going to keep my mouth shut. I'm going to be probably in a little lockdown area with what I would assume will be a 'bunkie' — I'm learning all this new terminology," she said. (A "bunkie" is prison slang for a roommate.)

On top of her own research, Ryan said she had also been speaking with prison consultants who reassured her that her sentence would go by quickly.

Despite all of her preparations, Ryan told Insider she still worried about the condition of the prison and her safety.

"I've watched all these videos about minimum-security prison, and the main concern is not the other inmates but that you're treated very, very cruelly by the guards," she said. "I'm going to be treated poorly for 48 days. I may have people that try to run hustles on me, try to trick me."

Ryan is among a small number of Capitol-riot defendants who have pleaded guilty and has previously expressed remorse for her actions.

She told Insider she didn't regret attending the "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the insurrection but said she "shouldn't have gone" into the Capitol.

More than anything, she said she hoped to move past the riot and get on with her life.

"I cannot wait to go, really. Because the sooner I can get in, the sooner I can get out," she said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cap...son-learn-slang-meet-consultants-2021-12

Prison consultants?

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
While I relish in the karmic beauty of all this I also honestly hope that her time in prison exposes her to a variety of people she would otherwise scorn or look down on. Maybe it’ll open her eyes to the reality of the suffering of others. A little inpatient cultural and socioeconomic awareness differences therapy.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, we both know she'll never do the whole 60 days and even at that I highly doubt it would be enough time to change who she is from reading her Tweet. I mean we can always hope but I doubt 30-40 days will outweigh a lifetime of her superiority complex.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh honey....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
GIVE LIBERTY OR GIVE ME

[Linked Image from blog.prisonconnect.us]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Man who threatened Pelosi sentenced to more than two years in prison

A man who pleaded guilty to threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) one day after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to more than two years in prison.

Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr., 53, was sentenced to 28 months in prison after pleading guilty to one count of interstate communication of threats in September. He was also ordered to serve three years of supervised release after completing the prison sentence.

According to court documents, Meredith, while in a hotel in Washington, D.C., texted one of his relatives on Jan. 7 that he was “Thinking about heading over to Pelosi ... speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV,” followed by a purple devil emoji.

While he admitted to sending the text, Meredith argued that his note was “political hyperbole.”

His guilty plea was part of a deal reached with prosecutors. Meredith was also charged with possession of unregistered firearms, possession of unregistered ammunition and possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device, but those charges were dropped as part of his plea agreement.

More than 700 people have been arrested for crimes related to the Capitol attack as the U.S. nears the one-year anniversary of the riot, according to the local U.S. Attorneys Office. More than 50 people have been sentenced in connection to the Jan. 6 attack, according to CNN.

While Meredith was not at the Capitol for the riot, his case was part of the federal investigation looking into the deadly attack.

Meredith initially intended to drive from Colorado to D.C. on Jan. 6 to participate in the rallies supporting then-President Trump and his claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, but car troubles delayed his trip, according to court documents.

Meredith’s family member who received the text message threatening Pelosi had contacted the man’s mother, who then reached out to the FBI.

Agents with the bureau arrested him at a hotel roughly one mile from the Capitol building on Jan. 7. After receiving consent, the agents searched Merediths’s phone, truck and trailer, which was at the hotel, and found a 9mm semi-automatic firearm, an assault-style rifle with a telescopic sight, multiple large-capacity ammunition feeding devices and roughly 2,500 rounds of ammunition in the trailer.

He has been detained since his arrest in January.

In a separate text message to the same family member on Jan. 7, Meredith said “I’m gonna run ... Pelosi over while she chews on her gums,” according to court documents.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...ntenced-to-more-than-two-years-in-prison

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Did the mats have to be orange though lol

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’d like to meet one of these “prison consultants.”

Do you have to have separate credentials or certification for white collar, drug, or violent offenses?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Sounds like a plot to a Kevin Hart Will Ferrell comedy… oh wait…

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
but but,, It was a peaceful demonstration. Nobody was harmed, Just Patriots... even some wearing swastica arm bands and carrying confederate flags... and waving Hang Mike Pence signs.

Really, why would we ever send those folks to prison.... Why O Why?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
While I relish in the karmic beauty of all this I also honestly hope that her time in prison exposes her to a variety of people she would otherwise scorn or look down on. Maybe it’ll open her eyes to the reality of the suffering of others. A little inpatient cultural and socioeconomic awareness differences therapy.

This is the kind of person you strip of citizenship, wealth, and status and then drop in the middle of a country like India and say, good luck. She could use some time with the gurus.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
28 months for a text threat? Hmm. If this sticks, there are about 20 million GOPers on Facebook that should be crapping their pants.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just watch “Orange is the New Black”

That will be $125, cash or credit?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/16/21 05:11 AM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Every damn thing I've said about Trump and company since the beginning of this whole fascist fiasco was 1000% justified. I wish I could provide the rope.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't watch MSM - I don't like the Last Word. I find that guy very annoying. The guy on "the Beat" is not that bad. Deadline Whitehouse I can watch sometimes when i am traveling and find myself in a hotel room while that show is on, whatever her name is - she is an former conservative (I forget who she served) - and while everything is slanted, she stays within mostly reporting or having credible guests. I watched that clip and it was worth watching. Cheney is impressive in here highlights, she clearly has morals, sticks to facts and no wonder Trump hates her. She is everything he isn't...... Rachel and the other shows on MSNBC are basically a mirror image of Fox.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/16/21 08:31 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Ummm, no.

Text threat + being in the Capitol when he said he would be armed and with a ton of ammo. I'm not 100% clear on how that translates to his sentence, but there's some shadow of credibility when you do all that.

Plus, his family member referred it to authorities. Speaks to what his family thought of him and his threat.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
In my life I have been witness to many historical events. I was in eighth grade when JFK was assassinated.

I was witness to the civil rights struggles. Vietnam was a daily horror. Nixon was exposed but had the grace to step down for the sake of the country.
I was at Kent State.

Those experiences tore at me. But the country prevailed over time. We are far from perfect. But the strength of the nation and what we stand for as a country held fast.

January 6th was beyond anything I could imagine. It was an attack at the soul of all we stand for. All of the people who gave their lives for this country. All those who made personal sacrifices for this country from the very beginning of our history did so for the belief of "we the people." Democracy and the right to vote.

Those who attempted to overthrow the will of the people are traitors. They do not deserve to be called Americans.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not much more supportive of the liberal media as a whole than you are. But here's the thing. Nobody else seems to wish to report most of these things. You don't see the other cult calling out their own reporters who were frantically texting Trump to stop the insurrection because it had went too far. Because it would hurt their legacy. You won't see them calling out the far right wing Republicans in congress who were in fear for their lives and texting for Trump to stop this.

And only hours after the insurrection was over, these same reporters were on the air lying their asses off and some of those same Republicans law makers were still continuing with the lie that the election was stolen by voting against certifying the election. And those who after knowing it went too far and asking for it to be stopped, in public claimed it was nothing more than a "tourist visit" and others claimed it was nothing serious.

What I tend to do is block out the slant and listen to the actual texts being read. By watching who it was that were actually sending them. By listening to the interviews that come out of the mouth of the very people involved and not the narrative of the people reporting the stories. Otherwise I would never see some of these stories at all.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: bonefish, OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yes. You don't have to love the messenger to hear the message. This PROOF is coming out, and it needs to be shared. And yes, there is always a liberal slant at MSNBC, but recently there are centrist and ex-republicans contributing to these stories as well. To avoid the bias, just focus on the facts they are presenting and try to verify with other sources if you don't want to blindly accept the facts or stories due to perceived bias. For the country's sake, don't deny the facts because you don't like one of the few outlets reporting the truth as it happens.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't disagree with any of that ... My bigger issue with some of them is epitomized by the Lawrence Donnell piece ... When talking about Jim Jordan he has to tie in or tack on to the news about the text, the old story of the OSU sex abuse scandal. It's unnecessary. And if you want to remind people of that story just remind them, don't try to Segway the reference in.

On phone, sorry for any typos

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cable News anchors really bring the snark these days, and it is distracting.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I quit watching tv for "news."

I only read the news. TV is now the home of station prostitutes.

All I want are the facts. Not interested in opinions and network agenda.

TV networks feed the targeted audiance what they wish to hear.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
In my life I have been witness to many historical events. I was in eighth grade when JFK was assassinated.

I was witness to the civil rights struggles. Vietnam was a daily horror. Nixon was exposed but had the grace to step down for the sake of the country.
I was at Kent State.

Those experiences tore at me. But the country prevailed over time. We are far from perfect. But the strength of the nation and what we stand for as a country held fast.

January 6th was beyond anything I could imagine. It was an attack at the soul of all we stand for. All of the people who gave their lives for this country. All those who made personal sacrifices for this country from the very beginning of our history did so for the belief of "we the people." Democracy and the right to vote.

Those who attempted to overthrow the will of the people are traitors. They do not deserve to be called Americans.

I'm a couple of years younger than you but have seen and lived through all you mentioned. You could probably add in the Bay of Pigs and 9/11

And I agree with you 100%.

Not one of the previous events really threatened the country like Jan 6 did. Those that committed those crimes against the country and those that continue to cover them up or attempt to lessen the effects are traitors.

These are people that want to take away MY Vote just because I decided to vote for someone other than their candidate of choice..

I don't care how you slice it, it's wrong to do anything that hinders another person from voting or worse yet, cheat in order to make my vote not count.

I'm pretty sure someone will say, but hey, we need to stop those that vote fraudulently.. and I agree. But what's actually happening is that the FAR right is saying, rather loudly, that there was massive voter fraud committed by those that voted for Biden. However, after hundreds of audits, NOTHING significant has surfaced to cause this outrage. Some of those audits have actually shown MORE votes for Biden.

It's a manufactured crisis. NOT REAL..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the more passive aggressive way of reminding people of the OSU thing works best. "Gym Jordan". naughtydevil

I get what you're saying and I actually agree with you. I understand never letting people forget that someone who now plays all high and mighty at least had some involvement the OSU scandal, but keeping it separate from other issues we both agree would be best. That's what I meant by saying it's best to block out the noise and listen to what these people actually said, tweeted and texted. That's the actual story here.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What is interesting is how the country united under 9/11.

You could feel the resolve of the people.

As more of these texts are revealed my blood boils. Fox as a network disgusts me.

It has nothing to do with being a Republican. It is about the effort to white wash what to took place and support the big lie.

Partisan politics should not apply to Jan 6th. We have had good and bad adiministrations from both parties.

We have never had an attempt to overthrow the will of the people. That is a the sacred right of what we stand for.

1 member likes this: Cleats
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yep. That night shift over at Fox must have “vile human being” in the job description.

I find it funny that nobody on here ever claims to watch those night shows, yet 40 loves to post the ratings like a victory dance. It's almost like those on the right lie a bit.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
What we've learned from the Meadows documents

It’s been almost one year since the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. But this week proved there are still significant pieces of the puzzle that the public does not know about that horrific, deadly event and the days leading up to it.

The special House committee investigating Jan. 6 revealed the existence of a Powerpoint presentation, shared among former President Trump’s team, that laid out strategies for keeping the 45th president in power, including having him declare a national security emergency and have then-Vice President Pence halt Congress’s certification of Joe Biden’s victory.

The Jan. 6 panel also disclosed a flurry of text messages sent by key Republicans to Trump’s ex-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, begging him to convince the president to call off the violent mob of his supporters.

The twin bombshell developments suggest that the Jan. 6 committee — comprised of seven Democrats and two Republicans — has only begun to scratch the surface in its investigation into the planning and root causes of the insurrection; why reinforcements were not quickly dispatched once the violence began; and security breakdowns at the Capitol.

Here’s are some key takeaways from what we learned this week:

Waldron could help fill in the gaps

Subpoenaed this week was a man otherwise not on the radar of many: a retired U.S. Army colonel and distillery owner who helped distribute a Powerpoint on plans for Jan. 6 and who briefed lawmakers on the plans for the day.

The committee on Thursday demanded testimony from Phil Waldron, who was among those present at the Willard Hotel “war room” for the Trump campaign and appeared to play a key role in pushing forward the strategy to contest the election.

Among the details released in the committee’s contempt report for Meadows is a reference to a Jan. 5 email regarding a 38-page powerpoint titled “Election Fraud, Foreign Interference & Options for 6 JAN.”

It’s a document Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the Jan. 6 panel, this week called “an alarming blueprint for overturning a nationwide election.”

According to the committee, the Powerpoint was meant to be provided “on the hill” ahead of Congress’s certification of the election results. It recommended a briefing for lawmakers on baseless claims of foreign interference in the election and other countries' alleged control over voting machines.

The title alone relays the extent to which the Trump team was preparing a number of scenarios for contesting the election, while Meadows’s receipt suggests it may have been reviewed at some of the highest levels of the White House.

The Powerpoint starts with false claims of “irregularities” in the election, calling for “injections” that could be used for “fixing the vote.”

It lays out options for Pence to reject state electors or seat Republican ones in states where "fraud occurred" as well as delay certification of the results to allow for a supposed recount.

It also calls on U.S. Marshalls to secure ballots while the National Guard would be responsible for recounting them.

Among the recommendations in the powerpoint were for Trump to declare a national emergency and that “electronic voting in all states” was “invalid.”

That detail corresponds with another line of inquiry by the committee, which subpoenaed one-time Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn as well as Trump’s top two officials at the Department of Homeland Security following a White House meeting to discuss plans to “seize” voting machines and equipment.

Waldron told The Washington Post that he spoke to Meadows “maybe eight to 10 times” but says he did not email it directly to Meadows.

He did, however, acknowledge that he briefed several members of Congress on the plan during a Jan. 5 meeting in a congressional office but declined to name the other participants.

Waldron was working alongside John Eastman, also subpoenaed by the committee, who crafted the memo laying out options for contesting the election, including having Pence buck his ceremonial duties of certifying the election results.

While Eastman plans to plead the Fifth, Waldon’s extensive and revealing interview with The Post suggest he may be more talkative than some others subpoenaed by the committee.

Text messages show it was a two-way street

The committee this week also released numerous text messages sent to Meadows to suggest the plan laid out by the Trump campaign and those like Eastman and Waldman not only resonated with the GOP but left them encouraging the White House to follow through.

Numerous text messages sent to Meadows show ideas about how to block the election were flowing from Trump's inner circle to Capitol Hill and the GOP back to the White House as they mulled how to undermine President Biden’s victory.

“On Jan. 6 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all,” said one GOP lawmaker later confirmed to be Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).

Jordan’s office confirmed that he sent the text, but said it was forwarded from a lawyer he was corresponding with and not drafted by Jordan directly.

“Mr. Jordan forwarded the text to Mr. Meadows, and Mr. Meadows certainly knew that it was a forward,” said Jordan spokesman Russell Dye.

While Jordan’s office suggests it was not an endorsement of the plan, the text still leaves a sitting member of Congress relaying encouragement to White House officials to pressure Pence to buck his ceremonial duties to certify the election.

Another text the committee attributes to a lawmaker also called for interference in several states where Trump fell short.

“HERE's an AGRESSIVE (sic) STRATEGY: Why can t (sic) the states of GA NC PENN and other R controlled state houses declare this is BS (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote and have it go to the SCOTUS,” read the text to Meadows.

CNN has since reported that the text was not from a lawmaker, but from former Trump Energy Secretary Rick Perry.

After the riot, another text from a GOP lawmaker to Meadows lamented that the plans to contest the election were not ultimately successful.

“Yesterday was a terrible day,” one unidentified GOP lawmaker wrote. “We tried everything we could in our objection to the 6 states. I’m sorry nothing worked.”

GOP publicly downplayed attack while privately panicking

For the better part of a year, prominent conservative allies have followed Trump’s lead and downplayed the violent rioters who attacked police officers with bear spray, flag poles and baseball bats. They’ve been described as “peaceful patriots,” normal tourists and victims.

But as mayhem and violence erupted that January day, text messages show a trio of popular Fox News personalities, GOP lawmakers, even Donald Trump Jr., were frantically trying to reach the president — through Meadows — to have him stop the attack and send his supporters home.

“He's got to condemn this [censored] ASAP …” the president’s eldest son texted Meadows as the attack unfolded on live TV. “It has gone too far and gotten out of hand.”

“Fix this now,” one GOP lawmaker texted Meadows. “It’s really bad up here on the hill,” a second unidentified GOP lawmaker told Trump’s chief.

“Mark, president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy,” Fox host Laura Ingraham told Meadows.

“Please get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished,” added her colleague, Brian Kilmeade.

The desperate pleas from Trump allies revealed how truly shocked and alarmed they were by the violent siege; how they recognized the political damage it could do to Trump’s legacy; and how they seemed to believe that only Trump alone had the power to stop the attack and order his loyal supporters to go home.

“[A]ll urged the president to take action because they understood that the president of the United States had a responsibility to call off the mob,” Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), vice chair of the Jan. 6 panel, said in a floor speech. “Hours passed, despite this, without any action by the president.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/586389-what-weve-learned-from-the-meadows-documents

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
This line from Ingraham cracks me up…
“Mark, president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy,”

LOL

His legacy was one of idiocy, division, and grift. This just put a final stone on the burial mound. His legacy…LOL… as if…LOL… dear God only a blind sycophant wouldn’t laugh.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, Ingraham knew those rioters were Trump supporters and knew only he could call them off. Until of course she went on the air some hours later to claim it was ANTIFA. And we'll still see their viewers claim it's other news sources that are fake news, but not their beloved FOX News.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Florida man gets 5 years for assault in Capitol riot, the longest sentence yet

WASHINGTON — A Florida man was sentenced Friday to just over five years in prison for assaulting police officers during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The sentence, of 63 months, was the longest one yet imposed among the more than 150 defendants who have pleaded guilty to taking part in the siege.

"It has to be made clear that trying to violently overthrow the government, trying to stop the peaceful transition of power, and assaulting law enforcement officers in that effort is going to be met with absolutely certain punishment," said U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Tampa, was charged with repeatedly assaulting police officers on the Capitol's Lower West Terrace. Prosecutors said he threw a wooden plank at the police, then picked up a fire extinguisher and sprayed its contents at a line of officers, throwing the canister at them after it was empty.

A few minutes later, prosecutors said, he picked up the fire extinguisher and threw it at them a second time and assaulted another group of officers with a metal pole, throwing it like a spear. He stopped the attack when an officer shot him in the abdomen with a rubber bullet.

The officers were able to shield themselves, and none of them were hurt, according to court documents.

"Those officers were so brave standing there, just taking all the stuff that people were giving them, all the taunts, all the jeers and everything," Palmer told the judge before he was sentenced.

"I am so ashamed I was part of that. Very, very ashamed," he said.

Palmer was one of the first to turn himself in to the FBI shortly after the riot. He pleaded guilty in October.

His lawyer, Bjorn Brunvand, said Palmer deserved a reduction in sentence because he took responsibility for his actions. But prosecutors said he showed a lack of remorse in a misleading social media posting that solicited support after he pleaded guilty.

The posting said he acted in self-defense — that he threw a fire extinguisher only after he was shot with the non-lethal round. Palmer admitted during Friday's hearing that his claim of self-defense was false.

Chutkan said his conduct showed a lack of remorse. "The posting of the false statement indicated at the time after he pleaded guilty that he was still denying his culpability for the offense."

Brunvand also said Palmer's actions on Jan. 6 were "completely out of character" and happened because he was "swept up in the furor of the crowd."

But prosecutors said his assaults were not spontaneous and came after he watched other rioters attack police for at least an hour.

"Palmer did not stumble into a bad situation," they said in court filings. "Knowing exactly what has happening to the officers in the Lower West Terrace tunnel, Palmer chose to get closer and physically attack."

The longest sentence imposed previously in a Capitol riot case was 41 months, given separately to two defendants. One was Jacob Chansley, known as the QAnon shaman, who pleaded guilty to obstructing the presidential vote count. The other was Scott Fairlamb, who pleaded guilty to hitting a police officer's face shield. Both are pursuing appeals.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-gets-5-years-192700242.html?ncid=facebook_yahoonewsf_akfmevaatca

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/20/21 05:08 PM.

Legend
Legend
Brig. Gen. Steven Anderson is about as a-political as they come. A career soldier who took an oath and has honored that oath.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...-2024-insurrection-anderson-ebof-vpx.cnn

If someone claims to be a " a conservative republican" take heed and listen closely.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
Brig. Gen. Steven Anderson is about as a-political as they come. A career soldier who took an oath and has honored that oath.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...-2024-insurrection-anderson-ebof-vpx.cnn

If someone claims to be a " a conservative republican" take heed and listen closely.

I think this is an interview and topic that could stand it's own thread. No doubt the usual Trump enablers will find a way to dismiss this.

Legend
Legend
Although I would never consider myself as belonging to any party or ideology.

I understand conservative republicans. I can understand why someone would identify themselves that way. Especially people with a military background.

However, I can not accept someone calling themselves an American and backing what took place Jan 6th or backing the big lie.

In my eyes that is treason plain as day. It defines treason.

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
[quote=PitDAWG]Well, we both know she'll never do the whole 60 days and even at that I highly doubt it would be enough time to change who she is from reading her Tweet. I mean we can always hope but I doubt 30-40 days will outweigh a lifetime of her superiority complex.[/quote

Good to see you lefties have her all figured out. I'll bet her opinion of you is a lot more accurate. .....Her superiority complex? Thats rich coming from you and Portland.

Last edited by Dawg Duty; 12/21/21 06:57 PM. Reason: left word out
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Oh, come on, Duty… All you have to do is read those tweets. You wouldn't listen to her talking to you like that for more than a few seconds, and you know it. She's WAY over the top, and that has nothing to do with politics. The word for her begins with b and sounds like bitch. She thinks she's elite AND white, so that makes her special. You don't see anything wrong with that, seriously?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/22/21 01:07 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P

What would you call this duty? You don't have to figure it out. It came straight from the horses mouth.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p2

Link Copied to Clipboard